Page 1 of 29 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos?

Bee1001 Guest

Tattoos?

I know I've read that most of you have tattoos. Anyone up to sharing pictures? Or maybe if you have a lot, just share your favorite? I only have one so far :P

TNpuck Guest
    No pics but I have "USMC" on my left shoulder and a marijuana leaf with a banner that says "peace" on my right forearm.

I'm going to have the leaf removed. I'm sick of wearing long sleeve shirts in summer.

rjbrasher Guest
    I have 26 tatts, most on my left arm (sleeve) I think my fave is my roses. If you looked in death hag pictures, one of the pictures of me you can kinda see some of the tattoos. Some of the color faded but these tattoos are old

Bee1001 Guest
    I wanted to post a picture of mine but couldn't find a good enough shot, so I snapped one really quick:

Attachment 219

I'll be getting more. Although I hate that I have to explain who Buddy Holly is everytime someone asks me about it.

my merle haggard portrait

Bee1001 Guest
    very nice!

Buck Owens

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    I would not get a tattoo for love nor money. I think it's a mistake to permanently mar your skin.

That said, I know some people with 'tatts' and I just adore them. [the people]

Wonderful people have them. I just don't, ya know? eeewww

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    I would not get a tattoo for love nor money. I think it's a mistake to permanently mar your skin.

That said, I know some people with 'tatts' and I just adore them. [the people]

Wonderful people have them. I just don't, ya know? eeewww
    each to their own And nothing wrong with that.

My entire life I have struggled with my weight. Last year I had bariatric surgery and lost 120 lbs. But I am still afraid that I will gain all the weight back and then yo-yo a hundred lbs. back and forth for the rest of my life. That said, I am afraid to get a tattoo for fear that it would become distorted as I lost and gained weight. Can this happen?

I'm also afraid that I would get sick of it and then want it removed. Last but not least, I'm afraid that I would look ridiculous when I'm in my 80's and have a tattoo (that is probably realllly saggy by then). I do admire those who have tattoos, I can't imagine the pain that you have to go through to get one.

FYI -- on a sort of related note, my Mom was TOTALLY against having pierced ears. She felt it was macabre, equivalent to having a ring in your nose (as if that's necessarily a bad thing!). So I waited a whole two weeks after she died, and then pierced my ears myself. I love having pierced ears!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

DeadRinger Guest
    I have nine tattoos

- A Celtic cross on my right arm
    - The Wings logo and Paul McCartney's signature on my left arm
    - My daughter's name on my right wrist
    - A tribal indian amulet around my left calf
    - A cool looking parrot on my left hip
    - A white tiger on my back
    - My runic star sign and birth date on my right ankle
    - A flower fairie and unicorn on my right boob

I also have three piercings.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I got pics of five of my six tats if anyone cares to see...(The one I don't have a pic of is on my ankle...It's a tribal looking flame thing.)

Here's my most recent...(A couple hours after it was done.)

Here's the yellow rose I had tattooed over my heart the day my Mom died...

And a shot of my back...LOL!

Morrissey Guest
    Lovely tattoos, everyone.

I've been considering getting one since I turned 18, though I'm honestly really scared. -is a baby, I guess-

Also, I'm not sure how they'll interfere with a job. (I'm planning to go to mortuary school, so...)

I went to have a tat done. Picked out the perfect design for me and proceeded to finally get "inked". Ten seconds later I told the artist to stop...lol I now have three beautiful dots on my left ankle. I tell people it's a teardrop so they don't discover I'm a huge chicken...lol

b57hrle Guest
    the only one I have at the moment... (looking to get others).. is a home job of an old nickname on the inside of my left ankle.... not bad looking for being 15 years old and one that I did myself.... my middle son drew up one for SRV that I'm looking to get....

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1001 View Post
    I know I've read that most of you have tattoos. Anyone up to sharing pictures? Or maybe if you have a lot, just share your favorite? I only have one so far :P
    Way easier just to point you to: www.geocities.com/tatt00edgoddess/ than it is to try to tell you what/where mine are. Yes, that's me. Yes, that's my back. Yes it hurt. lol

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    my merle haggard portrait
    That is SHARP, Jefe, I love it.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    My entire life I have struggled with my weight. Last year I had bariatric surgery and lost 120 lbs. But I am still afraid that I will gain all the weight back and then yo-yo a hundred lbs. back and forth for the rest of my life. That said, I am afraid to get a tattoo for fear that it would become distorted as I lost and gained weight. Can this happen?

I'm also afraid that I would get sick of it and then want it removed. Last but not least, I'm afraid that I would look ridiculous when I'm in my 80's and have a tattoo (that is probably realllly saggy by then). I do admire those who have tattoos, I can't imagine the pain that you have to go through to get one.

FYI -- on a sort of related note, my Mom was TOTALLY against having pierced ears. She felt it was macabre, equivalent to having a ring in your nose (as if that's necessarily a bad thing!). So I waited a whole two weeks after she died, and then pierced my ears myself. I love having pierced ears!
    I don't know what happens to tats if you lose weight, but I do think you should be as sure as possible before you get one....they are expensive and painful (so I hear) to remove. As far as what happens to them when you are 80, who cares? everything else will fall, tat might as well go down too ***nods***

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    This is mine on the back of my left shoulder - it's a guardian angel called Emily (which was the name of my daughter)

I also have a pink teddy bear on my right ankle - the bear is on my daughter's headstone.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    nice ink ya'll!! bayou voodoo, that apple-cinnamon shine looks good!! i gots me a jar of strawberry/muscadine sitting on a shelf. as for me, never got inked, i didnt want to give the law anything to id me by!! lol!! seriously, great ink ya'll!

SlippyInvader Guest
    I've got 2 tatts, one on the bottom of my back which is my name in Japanese, and this one I had done a month ago which is the same as my avatar.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    I've got 2 tatts, one on the bottom of my back which is my name in Japanese, and this one I had done a month ago which is the same as my avatar.
    thats sexy and creepy at the same time! i like it!

supertinyguy Guest

Tattoos

I have none. Thought about it once. Maybe in the future.I also believe that tats on pretty women are a huge turnoff, especially lower back tats. That is one of the sexiest parts of a woman and lower back tats just are not sexy. anybody else agree?

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    thats sexy and creepy at the same time! i like it!
    lol thanks!

Bee1001 Guest
    I hate it when people come up to me and say "you'll regret that later". If I chose to get it, then I'll deal with the consequences. But I honestly don't think I'll regret mine. I'm the kind of person that will think about the time and memories surrounding when I got the tattoo even if I grow to hate the tattoo itself later.

But, awesome tattoos, guys!

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1001 View Post
    I hate it when people come up to me and say "you'll regret that later". If I chose to get it, then I'll deal with the consequences. But I honestly don't think I'll regret mine. I'm the kind of person that will think about the time and memories surrounding when I got the tattoo even if I grow to hate the tattoo itself later.

But, awesome tattoos, guys!
    Yeah that bugs me too! My mum is always going on about how horrible it's going to look when I'm an old woman but who says i'm going to get to old age.

Lisamarie Guest
    They have a girl on here someplace and she has a beautiful stevie nicks tat ! Thats a beautiful tat!! I dont have any..but am always thinking of getting somehting for strength cause I have been tho allot in my life and feel I have made the best outta a hard start in life...My boyfriend in the pic has my name tatooed on his leg...Ill post a pic...he wants me to get his name ...but I heard that very bad luck. I want to tho...but dont want to look trashy.

beautygirlsmom Guest

Tattoos

I have one, but I don't have pictures of it. I have a pic of my hubby's tattoo, and the top part of his is what I have, only with his name. I didn't add the kids because, well, I'm chicken and the first one hurt enough. And well, damn it, I had to go through the whole childbirth thing and all, so I didn't feel obligated to go through any further discomfort after I had them. So anyway, mine is just the claddagh with Jim's name in it.

GhostWorld Guest
    I have a claddagh on my back and I am going to get a quote from my favorite comedian before the year is over, hopefully in November.

31. 10-24-2007, 08:02 AM

Gardner32 Guest
    Hey, how do you post pictures here?

Thanks

Maza Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    Way easier just to point you to: www.geocities.com/tatt00edgoddess/ than it is to try to tell you what/where mine are. Yes, that's me. Yes, that's my back. Yes it hurt. lol
    Wow your tattoos are amazing, the one on your back must of taken ages.

sweetpea77 Guest
    Okay. My first ever tat was this rose.
    Second on is of my cats face. Yes! I love her that much. And then my newest is of the tribal dragon and tiger.
    And I'm in the planning stages for my fourth one.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea77 View Post
    Okay. My first ever tat was this rose.
    Second on is of my cats face. Yes! I love her that much. And then my newest is of the tribal dragon and tiger.
    And I'm in the planning stages for my fourth one.

that cat has seome serious detail!!

i've got about 20 i think. some have kind of developed into one so not really sure.

this is the start of my back. i'll get a pic when it's finished but this is about a quarter of the finished design. will eventually take up the whole back and go onto my arse. after that my sleeves will be finished then i'm gonna sleeve a leg and i'll be about done.

kelbons Guest
    I don't have a pic, but mine's a blue and purple sun with a face... that celestial kind of one. On my right ankle...

College was great...

I'd love to have it removed. I'm a baby.

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    I have one on the veriest base of my spine. It's waxing crescent moon as big as a quarter. My daughter says they are called tramp stamps! I didn't know that at the time (5 years ago) and I can't see it anyway so I forget it's there.

39. 10-24-2007, 09:09 AM

where i'm from they're known affectionately as 'landing pads'.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    where i'm from they're known affectionately as 'landing pads'.

LOL!! THATS FUNNY!! never heard of "tramp tags" before, learn something new everyday!

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    SHWEEEEEEET! I love the Goddess/Crone tat! That is freakin awesome. Your back is a work of art, great looking ink!

DannaMarie24 Guest

Cool

[SIZE=4]OMG you all have beautiful tats! I have just one at the moment. Its a small cross with a purple rose in the center. I got it because I had always wanted one..now that I got it I can't wait to get another one.[/SIZE]

Bee1001 Guest
    Agreed, everyone has awesome tattoos! Sweetpea, how long did your cat take? It's very detailed!

malaki Guest

Talking

Hey all...I have 4 of them....A bleeding cross on my shoulder, a tribal mask on my hip, "Puck" on the left side of my leg and on my right a bunch of purple & blue tiger lillys..I'd like to get my daughters b-date and name on me somewhere not sure where though????.....I also just got my belly pierced this past July, I love it!!!!.......

firegilnotguns Guest
    Also don't have pics, but I have 7 tattoos:

1. Le Petit Prince on the lower left side of my back,
    2. Le renard from Le Petit Prince on the lower right side of my back
    3. A heart (my birthday is Valentine's Day) with a Keith Haring dancing guy in it on my right hip
    4. Martin Luther's Seal on my left hip
    5. The lion rampant from one of the Scottish flags on the outside of my right ankle
    6. The Star Wars Rebel Alliance symbol on the inside of my right ankle
    7. 5 linked Monkeys from Barrel of Monkeys that go around from just above the inside of my left ankle, down around the bone on the outside of my left ankle, and down onto my left foot (kind of hard to describe!)

warmbear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post

I don't have any tatoos, but I don't object to them on other people.. However, people should really be a bit careful in their choices, as when one gets older, some things might seem more than absurd.. Can you just see a great big colourful tattoo that says "~Sexy Thing~" across the lumbar area of some old woman, right above her saggy, wrinkly glutes?

hmm....

MorbidMolly Guest
    I have 2.....a little heart in the nether regions and a tramp stamp on my lower back that has hubby`s intials and Wild Irish Rose banner with shamrocks and roses.....can`t post pics....hubby would not be happy....

KristinEileen Guest
    Here's my tattoo..kinda boring I guess. but it looks like the butterflies fly out of pants! lolAttachment 240

Talking

1. Led Zeppelin's Swan Song logo (fallen angel) on the back of my right hand.
    2. Moon and star with a feather alongside of it on my left hand (between my thumb and forefinger).
    3. Peace sign on the back of my thumb - right hand.
    4. Ex-boyfriend's name on the back of the left thumb (from "chapter 1" of my life!)
    5. Crescent moon with a face and a nude woman cradled inside of it - her privates near - but not on his face. This is on my lower forearm - left arm.
    6. "Aries" with the ram horns on the my lower right forearm
    7. Shamrock - inner wrist on right arm
    8. Celtic knot on upper right arm.
    9. Heart with rainbow colored stars around it - upper right arm (above the celtic knot).
    10. My best friend's name and a rainbow colored butterfly next to it (above the heart w/stars). We got "friendship" tattoos during our trip to Tennessee over the summer!
    11. Rainbow flag/lesbian symbol flag - crossed over each other (the flag poles) - on my upper right shoulder.
    12. Huge sunflower with one of my best friend's name birthdate/deathdate underneath. It was a "memorial" tat.
    13. A huge anchor with "k.d. lang" underneath it. k.d. lang has the same tattoo on her arm in the same place - just thought I'd get the same one since I thought it was cool!
    14. Marvin Martian head on my upper left shoulder.
    15. An oblong purple star on my right ankle.
    16. A black crow holding a daisy in it's mouth with "k.d. lang" underneath it. k.d. had a thing about crows way back when. I stole it from her former fan club logo!

I think that's it, besides some dots on my knuckles "Born to Raise Hell" type of thing - did that when I was 16!

More to be added soon! I love tattoos!

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    SHWEEEEEEET! I love the Goddess/Crone tat! That is freakin awesome. Your back is a work of art, great looking ink!
    [SIZE=3]Thank you. I'm just the canvas. I love tattoos and have *always* known that I wanted lots of them. But I'm very picky, too. I don't just get them to have them...they all have some meaning to me. The MMC tattoo was drawn for me by my artist's wife and she is my representation of Hekate, my patron Goddess. Hekate was often shown in triple form, and is the goddess of crossroads, as well as motherhood. The whole right arm will be a sleeve in tribute to motherhood and life and such.[/SIZE]

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Wow your tattoos are amazing, the one on your back must of taken ages.

[SIZE=3]Thank you. I have amazing artists. My back took 2 years, on and off. I was a working mom/college student at the time, and went in for ink whenever I could find the extra time and extra money. And the artist was understand and helped me out by doing some of it for free, in exchange for me giving him any awards I won for it...he has all the trophies and plaques and awards from all the contests its won so far. [/SIZE]