View Poll Results: Do you think Barack got laid last night?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Michelle wanted to enjoy the "Presidential Erection"

136 69.74%
  • No - Sorry Barry, I've got a headache!

59 30.26%
Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272798081828390 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 5011

Thread: President Barack Obama

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think this is a common sense "well duh" moment and something that should have been done since the implementation of the constitution?

It is interesting how the dailmail articulated the article in such a way to include Donald Trump, Sarah Palin and the term "birther".
    Yeah, the Daily Mail, like most media, is liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    The birther thing is idiotic.
    The certificate

http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFil...tificate_3.jpg

Signature stamp

http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFil...tificate_9.jpg

Raised Seal

http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFil...tificate_1.jpg

Blow up of text

http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFil...tificate_5.jpg

people just bitch about the Birther thing because they dont want to talk about the stock market now being at over 12000 when he took office it was below 8000. The economy is improving and will continue to improve.
    That is NOT a birth certificate.

I am honestly surprised that absolutely no one bit on my previous post in this thread regarding the piece of paper shown in the links above..

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    Actually, the birthers may have a valid argument if you do some searching into how Hawaii does business.

Here is Obama's "certification of live birth" from the Hawaii Dept.of Health...

Here is a "certificate of live birth" issued by the Hawaii Dept, of Health the day after Obama was born, and from the same hospital Obama was born in...

Notice any differences?

In 1961, the year Obama was born, Hawaii issued "certificates of live birth," like the one Obama furnished as proof of his citizenship, to Hawaiians born in foreign countries.

The "certification of live birth" certificate doesn't prove citizenship by itself.

Primary Documents

Birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth and Certifications of Live Birth) and Certificates of Hawaiian Birth are the primary documents used to determine native Hawaiian qualification.

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individualā??s birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a personā??s birth.

http://hawaii.gov/dhhl/applicants/appforms/applyhhl

According to Hawaii's own government website the "Certification of Live Birth" which Obama furnished is described as nothing more than a "computer-generated printout." Any of us could move to Hawaii and apply for a "Certification of Live Birth" after living there, and would receive one, regardless of where you are from originally.

A little something else..

[Ā§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, Ā§1]

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscur...-0017_0008.HTM

With that being said, what Obama has shown does not prove he is a citizen. The Hawaii website clearly states you can get that same piece of paper if you live there for a year. At the same time, it does not matter because it is the government, and they will do and can do whatever the hell they want. The man could have been born on Mars, and if they want to make it where he was born in the USA, they can do it. Simple as that.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    YAY Trump/Taitz 2012!!!!!!

The birther movement is one of the most moronic campaigns in the history of mankind. Hey conservatives: Obama is POTUS. Accept it. Give up the desperate attempts to get rid of him by non-electoral means. Of course, Republicans are well known for hanging themselves with their own rope. The birther movement is just one more coil on their noose, so in that regard it's not a bad thing. Trump is a media whore, he's got more skeletons in his closet than the Sedlec Ossuary. A Trump/Palin ticket? The Democratic Party's wet dream.

Forever-27 Guest
    SRV we have a President that lies and manipulates, uses Chicago thug tactics to get his adgenda done. I dont know, but it wouldnt surprize me if he wasnt. His actions lead me to believe hes got something to hide from the US public, like the way hes gone out of his way to hide his law firm he worked for and his grades in college. Hes hiding something. Maybe his cert says hes muslim, maybe he dosent have one, I dont know. We dont have a republican base that will stand up and actually pursue it so whatever. Its a fart in the wind. Two federal judges decalred his health care reform bill in direct defiance of our US Constution. They declared the bill illegal on the grounds that its illegal to force people to buy government health care or they face fines and imprisonment. But he is oblivious to this, its business as usual at the white house. Until someone stands up to him, its a mute point.

But let not your heart be troubled. He will be a 1 term president. Hes well on the road to outdoing Jimmy Carter as the worst US president in history. I didnt know that was possible until he won the 08 election
    Last edited by Forever-27; 04-17-2011 at 01:08 PM.

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    He will be a 1 term president. Hes well on the road to outdoing Jimmy Carter as the worst US president in history
    Bravo!

Pat MaGroin Guest
    I still don't understand why folks don't take obama's citizenship seriously - His dad was Kenyan, he has lived in other countries and obama has spent over $2 Million to NOT have to release his birth certificate.
    Are Americans so pompous that they think "of course obama was born in America, there's no place else he could have been born" that "America is IT" the "only" place he could have been born?
    I still think that there is a greater chance that obama was adopted by his step-father (Soetoro) so his legal name could be that instead of obama...
    It still makes me laugh to see that the democrats are going to try to say that the states don't have the right to determine a candidate's citizenship for themselves - Why would the democrats fight against that?

jaylene Guest
    I'm very concerned about this "plan" he wants to put thru. I don't agree
    with putting caps on Medicaid & Medicare. That to me is going after the
    people who need it the most. Then what happens...they just die cause
    they don't have medical care? I realize people won't agree with me and
    thats fine. I just think he is going the wrong way. But seriously a politician
    lying? Is anyone really surprised? That almost never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    I still don't understand why folks don't take obama's citizenship seriously
    The most fundamental requirement of the presidency is origin of birth. The easiest way to marginalize those who question it is to ignore the subject. Obama was either born on foreign soil, or is not providing definitive proof because of the political advantages of being able to point to the "birthers" as a fringe, eccentric faction of the right.

Either way, there is cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Nice how obama dosent shed light on just how much al sharptons group owes in back taxes. Just sorta gets shoved under the radar kinda like Turbo Tax Cheat Tim Geitner
    Maybe I'm missing your point. Why should Al Sharpton's taxes be any of the Obama Administration's business? Al Sharpton isn't an elected official, nor does he hold a federal appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    Bravo!
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    The birther movement is one of the most moronic campaigns in the history of mankind. Hey conservatives: Obama is POTUS. Accept it. Give up the desperate attempts to get rid of him by non-electoral means. Of course, Republicans are well known for hanging themselves with their own rope. The birther movement is just one more coil on their noose, so in that regard it's not a bad thing. Trump is a media whore, he's got more skeletons in his closet than the Sedlec Ossuary. A Trump/Palin ticket? The Democratic Party's wet dream.
    Guess what - if the "shoe was on the other foot" , so to speak, the dems would be doing it too.

Have to admit though, there are many strange anomolies in regards to BO's history and the media is protecting this clown.

I didn't vote for the guy but when he won, I wanted to support him as best I could. It became very clear within 6 months that this guy was NOT what the media portrayed him to be.

He's in way over his head and he's not a leader. I agree with Trump - the best thing he did was get himself elected. Besides that, he doesn't show me shit. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Winston Churchhill!

The most fundamental requirement of the presidency is origin of birth. The easiest way to marginalize those who question it is to ignore the subject. Obama was either born on foreign soil, or is not providing definitive proof because of the political advantages of being able to point to the "birthers" as a fringe, eccentric faction of the right.

Either way, there is cause for concern.
    Absolutely.....the media is doing all it can to cover this up.

Here's what I find so amusing and hypocritical: THe left-wing biased BS media LOVED Trump when he would go on the air and say how terrible Bush was as President, etc..etc.

Now that he's trashing the great Obama, the media HATES him and wants to tear him down too.

Whether you are a dem, lib, repub....whatever...I believe we should all be afraid as to how the media is engineering how the government should be.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    did the *dem's* say that bush wasn't born in the us? no. false equivalence, the hallmark of bagger nation.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    did the *dem's* say that bush wasn't born in the us? no. false equivalence, the hallmark of bagger nation.
    What the heck is "bagger nation"? Do you mean the tea party movement? What "false equivalences" have they made which makes that their hallmark?

What NYSdeathhag was pointing out (and correct me if I am wrong NYS) was that it is convenient for the liberals and the media to ignore the birth certificate issue because it is about another liberal. If it was a conservative in question, not only would the liberals be hounding the issue, the media would be as well.

Perfectly equivalent.

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Guess what - if the "shoe was on the other foot" , so to speak, the dems would be doing it too.

Have to admit though, there are many strange anomolies in regards to BO's history and the media is protecting this clown.

I didn't vote for the guy but when he won, I wanted to support him as best I could. It became very clear within 6 months that this guy was NOT what the media portrayed him to be.

He's in way over his head and he's not a leader. I agree with Trump - the best thing he did was get himself elected. Besides that, he doesn't show me shit. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Winston Churchhill!
    He's a joke,and a bad one at that,I doubt American History will look favorably upon him and his administration!

Uh oh, don't correct him he when he tries to blow smoke up your ass. He gets pissed!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-answers-time/

Forever-27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    Maybe I'm missing your point. Why should Al Sharpton's taxes be any of the Obama Administration's business? Al Sharpton isn't an elected official, nor does he hold a federal appointment.
    The irs agressively goes after anyone who owes them money, that's their job. They went after me one year and even audited me over a mistake I made. But had I been friends with the president I guess they would have let my clerical error slide. It worked for Tim Geitner, in fact he was put in charge of the irs while owing 5 years of back taxes. al sharptons group also owes but I simply remarked that there was no mention of it.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    From obama's own web site "FactCheck.org" -

“When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.
    Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982.”

Well, I guess that clarifies everything - NOT

Pat MaGroin Guest
    On May 17th, be sure to click the Amazon link on FAD to order...

http://www.amazon.com/Wheres-Birth-C...dp/1936488299/

Editorial Reviews

Product Description

Over the course of more than three years of research, Jerome Corsi assembles the evidence that Barack Obama is constitutionally ineligible for the office of the presidency. As a New York Times bestselling author, Harvard graduate, and investigative journalist, Corsi exposes in detail key issues with Obama's eligibility, including the fact the President has spent millions of dollars in legal fees to avoid providing the American people with something as simple as a long-form birth certificate. The eligibility issue has major ramifications for every American, and through Corsi's in-depth research, a clear, concise, and compelling case is made for a return to Founding Father principles and transparent, constitutional government, starting from the top down

About the Author

Jerome R. Corsi, a Harvard Ph.D., has authored many books, including No. 1 N.Y. Times best-sellers The Obama Nation and Unfit for Command. Along with serving as WND's senior staff reporter, Corsi is a senior managing director at Gilford Securities.

TheMysterian Guest

Editorial Reviews

Product Description

Over the course of more than three years of research, Jerome Corsi assembles the evidence that Barack Obama is constitutionally ineligible for the office of the presidency. As a New York Times bestselling author, Harvard graduate, and investigative journalist, Corsi exposes in detail key issues with Obama's eligibility, including the fact the President has spent millions of dollars in legal fees to avoid providing the American people with something as simple as a long-form birth certificate. The eligibility issue has major ramifications for every American, and through Corsi's in-depth research, a clear, concise, and compelling case is made for a return to Founding Father principles and transparent, constitutional government, starting from the top down

About the Author

Jerome R. Corsi, a Harvard Ph.D., has authored many books, including No. 1 N.Y. Times best-sellers The Obama Nation and Unfit for Command. Along with serving as WND's senior staff reporter, Corsi is a senior managing director at Gilford Securities.
    This is the guy,who "torpedoed" John Kerry's "Swift Boat" Presidential run,should be an intresting read!

From obama's own web site "FactCheck.org" -

ā??When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdomā??s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.ā??s children.
    Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982.ā?

Well, I guess that clarifies everything - NOT
    The image appears to be a screen capture of a website called fightthesmears.com not factcheck.org which is owned by the Annenburg Foundation.
    Here is the current full text on the page:
    http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...tizenship.html
    But the paper failed to note that the Kenyan Constitution prohibits dual citizenship for adults. Kenya recognizes dual citizenship for children, but Kenya's Constitution specifies that at age 23, Kenyan citizens who possesses citizenship in more than one country automatically lose their Kenyan citizenship unless they formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1984.

Corrected (Sep. 3, 2009): Our original article incorrectly stated that then-Sen. Obama lost his Kenyan citizenship on Aug. 4, 1982. The correct date is Aug. 4, 1984. The Kenyan Constitution required Obama to choose whether to keep either his U.S. or Kenyan citizenship upon his 21st birthday, which was in 1982. But we initially missed that the Constitution provided him a two-year window for making that choice. So Obama did not lose his Kenyan citizenship until his 23rd birthday in 1984. We have updated the item to reflect this.

- Joe Miller
    The image you refer to is several years old and seeks to clarify whether or not he then held citizenship in Kenya so even with the correction quoted in my link the statement or image of the statement being discussed does indeed clarify the matter in question.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Editorial Reviews

Product Description

About the Author

You can pre-order this lunatics book if you want.

Heres his "financial strategies" newsletter:
    http://redalert.wnd.com/
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The image appears to be a screen capture of a website called fightthesmears.com not factcheck.org which is owned by the Annenburg Foundation.
    Here is the current full text on the page:
    http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...tizenship.html

The image you refer to is several years old and seeks to clarify whether or not he then held citizenship in Kenya so even with the correction quoted in my link the statement or image of the statement being discussed does indeed clarify the matter in question.
    Fightthesmears.com is an obama-produced website.

So whose citizenship did you choose when you were 23 years old?
    Isn't it nice that obama had a choice to choose whose citizenship that he wanted, Kenyan or United States, and he chose the good ol' USA? hmmmmm?
    I wonder how many presidents had this choice to make. (Actually, I pretty much know the answer to that one)
    obama has many, many more questions about his background that should be answered imo.

Fightthesmears.com is an obama-produced website.

So whose citizenship did you choose when you were 23 years old?
    Isn't it nice that obama had a choice to choose whose citizenship that he wanted, Kenyan or United States, and he chose the good ol' USA? hmmmmm?
    I wonder how many presidents had this choice to make. (Actually, I pretty much know the answer to that one)
    obama has many, many more questions about his background that should be answered imo.
    Right but you stated factcheck.org was Obamas own website not fightthesmears.org.
    In response to your question of "whose" citizenship I chose I didnt choose anyone elses or my own citizenship.
    I dont understand how having dual citizenship is relevant to whether one was born on US soil or not. I also dont understand why you think ones decision to be a US citizen is suspect.
    I would suspect our first few presidents also had a choice concerning whether they wanted to be a citizen of the US or another country.
    Dont get me wrong I have some doubts concerning Obamas birth but misinformation doesnt prove anything. If he wasnt born in the US then that brings about much bigger concerns than his eligiblity to serve as POTUS. We would have to question who is really running things and reevalute our perceived notions of world events. Its alarming.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Right but you stated factcheck.org was Obamas own website not fightthesmears.org.
    In response to your question of "whose" citizenship I chose I didnt choose anyone elses or my own citizenship.
    I dont understand how having dual citizenship is relevant to whether one was born on US soil or not. I also dont understand why you think ones decision to be a US citizen is suspect.
    I would suspect our first few presidents also had a choice concerning whether they wanted to be a citizen of the US or another country.
    Dont get me wrong I have some doubts concerning Obamas birth but misinformation doesnt prove anything. If he wasnt born in the US then that brings about much bigger concerns than his eligiblity to serve as POTUS. We would have to question who is really running things and reevalute our perceived notions of world events. Its alarming.
    lol, well of course the first few presidents had to make a choice as they were born when there wasn't a United States of America.
    Can you think of any president in the 19th or 20th century who had to make a similar choice concerning their citizenship?
    What's obama's excuse? Maybe he's over 235 years old?
    Also, factcheck.org may as well be an obama-run website, the way they stretch and distort 'facts' to suit their liberal agenda imo.
    People dismiss obama's citizenship (and nefarious friends/background) out of hand. 2 countries citizenship opportunities, spending $2 Million plus on attorneys to NOT have to release his long-form birth certificate, a SSN that supposedly begins with '042' (Connecticut) when obama has never lived in that state, etc. Reverend Wright (anti-American white-hating lunatic) whose extremely anti-American vitriol you can see on YouTube ("God Damn America!") was obama's preacher for over 20 years - Reverend Wright performed michelle and barack hussein's wedding ceremony. If you look at the White House Visitor Logs, you can see that Reverend Wright, Louis Farrakhan, William Ayres (The Weather Underground terrorist) have all visited The White House numerous times while obama has lived there.

Only 21 months to go (and I can't wait to see who obama pardons on his way out, I know it will be a doozy....)

TheMysterian Guest
    lol, well of course the first few presidents had to make a choice as they were born when there wasn't a United States of America.
    Can you think of any president in the 19th or 20th century who had to make a similar choice concerning their citizenship?
    What's obama's excuse? Maybe he's over 235 years old?
    Also, factcheck.org may as well be an obama-run website, the way they stretch and distort 'facts' to suit their liberal agenda imo.
    People dismiss obama's citizenship (and nefarious friends/background) out of hand. 2 countries citizenship opportunities, spending $2 Million plus on attorneys to NOT have to release his long-form birth certificate, a SSN that supposedly begins with '042' (Connecticut) when obama has never lived in that state, etc. Reverend Wright (anti-American white-hating lunatic) whose extremely anti-American vitriol you can see on YouTube ("God Damn America!") was obama's preacher for over 20 years - Reverend Wright performed michelle and barack hussein's wedding ceremony. If you look at the White House Visitor Logs, you can see that Reverend Wright, Louis Farrakhan, William Ayres (The Weather Underground terrorist) have all visited The White House numerous times while obama has lived there.

Only 21 months to go (and I can't wait to see who obama pardons on his way out, I know it will be a doozy....)
    21 months is a long time for this "Bum" to pass legislation,or try to regulate it! He can do plenty of harm in that time,as far as who he pardons? God and "The anointed one" only know!

Forever-27 Guest
    Pat you know it will be tony resco ...

Protesters interrupt Obama speech:
    http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ng-protesters/

When I first head about the Birther movement I was like Uh. I don't care where Obama's dad was born, Obama was born in the USA. He will have to go a long way past Nixon to become the worst president in our history.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    When I first head about the Birther movement I was like Uh. I don't care where Obama's dad was born, Obama was born in the USA. He will have to go a long way past Nixon to become the worst president in our history.
    And Herbert Hoover

And Coolidge

And Harding

Pat MaGroin Guest
    My 'Worst President Ever' is still Jimmy Carter (but obama is closing fast....)

Since this is a thread about Obama, I guess I'm going to go off topic here, but it is about the Presidency:

What is everyone's opinion on Trump's possible running for President? Is this who the GOP will go with or will they find someone else? What are his chances if he runs?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

My friend Brandon got this from the Michael Smerconish site.

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/sme...r-1394430.html.

The greatest scam explained!!

It begins with the future president's birth in Kenya eight months after his parents had gotten married in Maui. (Why, I wonder, didn't their handlers simply ask mom and dad to stay in Hawaii for a couple of months?) Instead, having been born in Kenya for no purpose other than to complicate what would have been a rather straightforward plan to take over the world, the boy was quickly shuttled back to Hawaii, where the boy's grandparents resided. (The plan also called for Obama's grandfather to fight with Patton so as to enhance the future commander-in-chief's military credentials.)

Then, the plotters took control of the Vital Statistics office of Hawaii and planted a bogus notice in the Aug. 13, 1961, issue of the Honolulu Advertiser, announcing the birth of Barack Obama on Aug. 4, 1961. This trail of official records and newspaper accounts would provide the necessary cover for the child's madrassa training, as he was ushered to Indonesia (or, according to Mike Huckabee, to either Kenya or Indonesia), where he would be schooled in the lessons of the Mau Mau Revolution until such time as he could resume his American mission.

That mission included getting accepted to Harvard Law School, and eventually publishing a best-selling book about (of all things!) his ancestry. And it explains why, on Page 26 of the memoir, Dreams From My Father, there is the suspicious passage: "I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school"

Knowing that the young-Kenyan/Indonesian/Hawaiian candidate would begin his quest for the presidency, the conspirators enlisted two more participants in their nefarious scheme: Hawaii's health director, Chiyome Fukino (a Republican appointed by Republican Gov. Linda Lingle), and its state registrar, Alvin Onaka. Both would personally verify that the health department holds the president's original birth certificate.

Jess Henig and Joe Miller would be planted into the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, where they would declare in 2008 that they had "seen, touched, examined, and photographed the original birth certificate" and that it "meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship."

The conspiracy would include spies within the GOP who would guarantee that the 2008 Republican nominee(John McCain) would be born outside the United States, and understandably be unwilling to make "natural born" citizenship an issue.

The final assist would be provided by two surprise co-conspirators, President George W. Bush and Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, who would preside over an eleventh-hour financial meltdown. The economy in ruins, the desperate nation would welcome this strange outsider.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 04-25-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Pat MaGroin Guest

More Americans On Fed. Aid Than At Any Other Time In History

Welfare nation: America relying on federal aid more than at any time in history... and New York gets the most

Americans are relying on federal government spending more than at any time in the nationā??s history, new figures have revealed.
    A staggering 18.3 per cent of personal income is now made up of food stamps, social security payments and benefits - and New York has more aid programmes than anywhere else in the U.S.

Actual wages accounted for the lowest slice of income since records began at just 50.5 per cent.
    Every adult now receives an average of $7,427 in benefits - a 55 per cent rise from 10 years ago.
    The figures show the extent to which the U.S. government is now propping up the fragile economy as it recovers from the recession.

In February wages hit just 50.5 per cent of personal income, the lowest since the government started keeping records in 1929.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-history.html#

endsleigh03 Guest
    Long form birth certificate has been released.

http://blogs.forbes.com/markpasetsky...e-white-house/

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Long form birth certificate has been released.

http://blogs.forbes.com/markpasetsky...e-white-house/

FINALLY! Lets hope this puts all of this birther stuff to rest.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    FINALLY! Lets hope this puts all of this birther stuff to rest.
    Not so sure about that..... we'll see.

Trump is crowing this morning. There are actually people who would vote for him should he run. You know, for office, not his big mouth.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Well, I am glad he did finally release his Long Form Birth Certificate - I still don't understand why he went to the expense and effort of hiring 4 (or 5) different law firms to fight releasing it (with over $2 Million in legal fees). It doesn't make sense to me but I have to give him credit for releasing it.
    Well played.

(I should probably read Alinsky's 'Rules For Radicals' to see if there may be some sense made from it in that book, lol...)

He did not spend that much on the birth certificate defense alone. That figure is total legal cost for since the election. John Mccain paid 1.3 million since the election, whats he hiding?

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/56_10...-204489-1.html

STsFirstmate Guest
    It won't put rest to anything. The birthers won't be swayed by this document one bit. How dare someone confuse the issue with facts.
    I can't find a credible listing on anything other than hardcore birther sites that he paid for any legal representation to prevent the release but I did see and hear an interview with Legal Correspondent Chris Cuomo with the attorney general of Hawaii who said it is state law not to release the long form without a compelling legal need and it would take someone petitioning the court to get a copy of the long form of their own birth certificate or someone else's.
    So if anything it cost him money in legal fees and air fare to get the copy rather than prevent it. Also, just me but the harder someone pushes me to do something other's don't need to because I am a woman or gay or for any reason the harder I dig in my heels to fight it.
    The short form is the accepted form in Hawaii. It is used to get everything from a passport to a driver's license. Why should he agree to provide more than he was required to provide by law and more than any other Presidential Candidate has ever been required to provide.
    Now it will switch to who forged it and the Freemasons. I went on snopes and there are a large number of debunked stories about Obama and his birth certificate but the debunking will convince no one.
    You will never get a large group of GOP members and Tea Partiers and just plain old fringe to get over the temerity of a black man to consider himself a valid President. At the end of the day it comes down to race. Trump has already changed his mantra to Obama not being bright enough to attend Ivy league schools and his academic records being doctored. The guy was the first African American law review head and graduated near the top of his class.
    Once that is settled it will be some other totally off point crap.
    As Mark Twain said and as a certain segment of society proves. A lie travels halfway around the world while the truth is putting it's shoes on."
    Regards,Mary

The GOP knew that Obama was a formidable candidate well before the 2008 election. If there was any real evidence that Obama wasn't eligible to run for POTUS, the GOP would have produced it. I'm sure both parties research election eligibility of their opponents.

Donald Trump tells the press they are protecting President Obama.

"I'd like to know how does he get into Harvard, how does he get into Colombia if he isn't a very good student," Donald Trump told the press this morning in New Hampshire.

"If he wants to release it that's fine, if he doesn't want to release it that's fine too. But the word is he wasn't a very good student," Trump added. .

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...e_records.html
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

jaylene Guest
    Well, I think the whole birth certifcate issue is a valid point. I wasn't a
    fan of John McCain and yes he was born in the Panama Canal but he came
    from a military family. His dad was an admiral in the Navy. To me the rule
    is you have to be born on U.S. soil and the rules apply to all. I also don't
    put him in the catagory of a black man. His mother was white and his
    father was black so why is he consider black? If I had something I needed
    to prove I would be more than willing to hand it over as soon as I could.
    If you have nothing to hide then there is no need to stall. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

Donald Trump tells the press they are protecting President Obama.

"I'd like to know how does he get into Harvard, how does he get into Colombia if he isn't a very good student," Donald Trump told the press this morning in New Hampshire.

"If he wants to release it that's fine, if he doesn't want to release it that's fine too. But the word is he wasn't a very good student," Trump added. .

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...e_records.html
    Look up Media Whore in the dictionary and you'll see Trump's picture.

I think Trump makes a pretty good case for the college transcripts.
    Some people think Obama is a genius yet I don't know anything he has done that qualifies him as such. I think I am on THE DONALD side on this one.
    Obama failed to attain even minimum honors while at Columbia, begging the questions about how he managed to secure---without a scholarship---one of the extremely coveted and limited seats at Harvard Law.

Manhattan real estate mogul Donald Trump suggested in an interview Monday that President Barack Obama had been a poor student who did not deserve to be admitted to the Ivy League universities he attended.
    Trump, who is mulling a bid for the Republican presidential nomination, offered no proof for his claim but said he would continue to press the matter as he has the legitimacy of the president's birth certificate.
    "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" Trump said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm thinking about it, I'm certainly looking into it. Let him show his records."
    Obama graduated from Columbia University in New York in 1983 with a degree in political science after transferring from Occidental College in California. He went on to Harvard Law School, where he graduated magna cum laude 1991 and was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review.
    Obama's 2008 campaign did not release his college transcripts, and in his best-selling memoir, "Dreams From My Father," Obama indicated he hadn't always been an academic star. Trump told the AP that Obama's refusal to release his college grades were part of a pattern of concealing information about himself.
    Multimedia

LOOK "I have friends who have smart sons with great marks, great boards, great everything and they can't get into Harvard," Trump said. "We don't know a thing about this guy. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...120657869.html
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    It won't put rest to anything. The birthers won't be swayed by this document one bit. How dare someone confuse the issue with facts.
    First, define a "birther". There are plenty of people like myself with a healthy skeptisicm fueled specifically by the action, or inaction of this president to address the issue. Obama helped keep the birther momentum moving which was intended. Now that he has produced what people have been asking for for two years, most will put this to bed.

Will there be some who won't? Ofcourse, but those will be few and represent the fringe just like Cindy Sheehan represented the fringe left. At the end of the day, like Cindy, those folks will be irrelevent.

He's an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Not so sure about that..... we'll see.

Trump is crowing this morning. There are actually people who would vote for him should he run. You know, for office, not his big mouth.

Just proves that there are lots of DUMB people

STsFirstmate Guest
    First, define a "birther". There are plenty of people like myself with a healthy skeptisicm fueled specifically by the action, or inaction of this president to address the issue. Obama helped keep the birther momentum moving which was intended. Now that he has produced what people have been asking for for two years, most will put this to bed.

Will there be some who won't? Ofcourse, but those will be few and represent the fringe just like Cindy Sheehan represented the fringe left. At the end of the day, like Cindy, those folks will be irrelevent.
    I define a Birther as someone who has had it made clear to them that the short form is the only form issued for identification in the State of Hawaii and still insists the President wasn't born in the US.
    No other President has had to put up with this crap and it is crap.
    This just all reminds me of the old poll tests and obstacles to voter registration in the South. It is racist pure and simple.
    I am sorry he went to the trouble to obtain the long form and released it. It is capitulation to unreasonableness just like everything in the current legislative process.
    Reason has been lost and has been replaced by phobic jingoism. I find it pathetic and destructive and I am sorry he gave in to it.
    Gee I wonder if they are really his kids? I wonder if Michelle is really a woman? what is next on the stupid question list from these people.
    No one ever answered our question "Where was Bush during his alleged National Guard Service? What happened to all his fit rep records?!" but we survived never getting an answer..
    regards,
    Mary