View Poll Results: Do you think Barack got laid last night?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Michelle wanted to enjoy the "Presidential Erection"

136 69.74%
  • No - Sorry Barry, I've got a headache!

59 30.26%
Page 1 of 101 1231050100 ... LastLast

Thread: President Barack Obama

President Barack Obama

... will be assassinated should he win the Presidential election? I have seen his name come up on several Ghoul Pool 2008 lists and have also heard speculation from other (non-hag) sources.

I know that every President (some more so than others) have the potential to be assassinated, but it strikes me as shocking and unamerican that Barak Obama would be assassinated.

I really don't care who wins the Presidency, after all is said and done, I don't think just one person can make a difference. At this point, just sit back, eat popcorn and watch the show. 'Bout this time is when one or the other political party, regardless of their current standing in the polls, some how, some way shoots themselves in the foot. Sorry for being so unidealistic...
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Bigfoot Guest
    As you said, every President runs the chance of having their brains blown off, but I think the only thing that might happen is several plans and attempts. Just hope we don't see another Kennedy attack ever again.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    As you said, every President runs the chance of having their brains blown off, but I think the only thing that might happen is several plans and attempts. Just hope we don't see another Kennedy attack ever again.

That's for sure. Good point Bigfoot. I am not so sure Dallas has ever gotten over Kennedy. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    That's for sure. Good point Bigfoot. I am not so sure Dallas has ever gotten over Kennedy. JMO
    I don't think any of us ever got over Kennedy being assassinated, regardless of political belief.

I agree.

If Obama gets elected, all I have to say is "God help us!".

I just have a bad feeling 'bout him....
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Overtaxed Guest
    Here, here Trout!

See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d91jxghTnE&eurl

Can you say DUMBFOUNDED???[/SIZE]

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I don't think any of us ever got over Kennedy being assassinated, regardless of political belief.
    Much innocence was lost that day.......

pwnd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RLR12 Guest
    ... will be assassinated should he win the Presidential election? I have seen his name come up on several Ghoul Pool 2008 lists and have also heard speculation from other (non-hag) sources.

I know that every President (some more so than others) have the potential to be assassinated, but it strikes me as shocking and unamerican that Barak Obama would be assassinated.

I really don't care who wins the Presidency, after all is said and done, I don't think just one person can make a difference. At this point, just sit back, eat popcorn and watch the show. 'Bout this time is when one or the other political party, regardless of their current standing in the polls, some how, some way shoots themselves in the foot. Sorry for being so unidealistic...
    Forgive my ignorance but I am still fairly new to death hagdom What is a Ghoul Pool?

I think it would be horrifying for any president to be assassinated. JFK was killed before I was born but I can only imagine what it must have been like. I don't think there could ever be a repeat of Dallas simply because they would never allow a president to ride along in an open car like that ever again. The Secret Service is a lot more careful. But, shit can still happen as it did with Reagan. Nobody realized it at the time but he came incredibly close to dying.

I have my opinions about the coming election but when it all comes down to it, who can really say what is best for this country. It really is only about what sounds best to each of us from what the different candidates are spouting. Since this thread specifically asks about Obama - the guy gives pretty speeches and inspires the masses but what does he stand for? How does he plan to institute all these changes he claims he is going to make? What has he done so far that makes him a good candidate for POTUS? NOTHING - because the guy hasn't even completed one full term in the US Senate. Hasn't completed one full term but thinks he's ready to be president of the US.????? There are also a number of other things about him that I find very concerning. Not going to get into them here because I don't want my comments to be misinterpreted.....

djdeath-hag Guest
    While I doubt that ANYONE here has any doubts about my personal politics, I just have to say that any one of the current "big three" are in danger. What I hope & pray will over-ride any & all of the nutjobs out there, no matter WHO wins, is that the Secret Service is more astute now than they've ever been. Otherwise, we can only hope & PRAY that WHOEVER wins picks a good #2....who is not too entrenched in the economy (here OR abroad...and by abroad, I mean Iraq....Halliburton much??) Ooops..............sorry for showing too much of my left hand!

A Ghoul Pool is a list of people that are predicted to die within a certain time frame. Ghoul Pool 2008 is for this current year. Some make predictions on the fact that so-and-so is in the hospital not expected to live or are elderly, yet others are just WAGs. For instance, if anyone had Heath Ledger on their Ghoul Pool list folks would be totally surprised. On the other hand, Britney Spears and Amy Winehouse are often found on many Ghoul Pool lists. Most Ghoul Pools award points to participants when their Ghoul Pool inductees pass away, and at the end of the year a winner is proclaimed. Have heard that some Ghoul Pools do it for money, but most just do it for fun.

Us Death Hags have a weird sense of fun, but we're a great group of folks!

It wasn't my intention to make this thread political, if that is even possible considering the subject matter.

I'll take the high road on who I'm voting for, because I actually don't know yet (see post above about how someone invariably shoots themselves in the foot). I work in local government and as such those who wish to have a long and successful career rarely (okay, NEVER) show their cards. Have seen plenty of slime buckets on all sides, nothing would ever surprise me.

disco Guest
    Obama should be fine excepting the usual nut cakes. Aside from that obama should certainly out do his competition on both sides. That experience thing has me worried.

RLR12 Guest
    It wasn't my intention to make this thread political, if that is even possible considering the subject matter.

I'll take the high road on who I'm voting for, because I actually don't know yet (see post above about how someone invariably shoots themselves in the foot). I work in local government and as such those who wish to have a long and successful career rarely (okay, NEVER) show their cards. Have seen plenty of slime buckets on all sides, nothing would ever surprise me.
    Ya know, I looked back at my post and realized I went a little too beyond what you were asking. You were asking about assasination and I kept going and offered some political opinions about Obama. I shouldn't have done that. Sorry. We're going to be hearing enough of that in the coming months.......I don't need to add to it...

xenaswolf Guest
    Personally, I think that if Clinton or Obama get elected, they will not see the end of their term. some nutter will take them out.

gleemonex Guest
    I think Obama's chance of being assassinated should he be elected president are higher than any of the other presidents before him. Why? Because we still have ignorant people in this country that will go off the deep end at a non-caucasian holding the presidency. It's sad that it would come down to something so trivial when the person that gets elected is the one (hopefully) perceived to be the most qualified on many different levels for the job. That's my 2 cents.

One of the black guys I work with thinks Obama will be assasinated if elected.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I agree.

I have to agree Tony..something about the man creeps me out....

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Well, that is a posibility due to the hate groups we have all around. They might want to keep the White House white, as they said in a movie.

GrinReaper Guest
    Obama combines the two things that made many assasinated targets back in the 60's.
    He's black (Just like MLK JR.) and he's bringing about hope and change for the old guard (Just like JFK and RFK)
    So it's understandable why someone thinks he may be a target.
    Not so much John McCain who is an old white fuddy duddy talking about not doing anything different.

Anyway if Obama wants to make sure he stays safe he should get a vp worse than he is.
    It worked for both Bushs with Quale and Cheney.
    That probably guaranteed their safety right there!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I think he has a good chance of being killed.
    Of course I said that about Bushie.............

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    His term is not over yet...

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    His term is not over yet...
    I've given up all hope. Now I guess I have to wait til his term is over.

Disclaimer:Please don't send me hate mail.
    Last edited by smellslikealmonds; 02-21-2008 at 06:29 AM.

Don't forget this sort of thing can happen BEFORE election day. Look at RFK.

This year's conventions are taking in place in St. Paul ( Republicans) and Denver ( Democrats ). Haven't heard about any extra security coming to St. Paul ( though of course there will be ), but in Denver I was talking to some friends online who live there and from what they were telling me a lot of people believe their city will witness the same things Chicago did in 1968.

If Denver would experience even half the protesters Chicago did then, well it would make a trip to Elitch Gardens Amusement Park more interesting. The place is right next door to the Pepsi Center.

http://www.coastergallery.com/2000/E53.html

endsleigh03 Guest
    He will need an Obama-mobile, like the pope has.
    Seriously tho, I think this is dangerous, there is still so much racism.
    I wish him well (and safe)

Maruz83 Guest
    I had a long convo with my husband about this. I don't think (god or who ever forbid) he'll make it to the inguation(sp), he'll be killed before taking the presidency over. I hope it doesn't but some people out there our complete nut cases.......... Can you image if that happens.... I'd be scared of race riots... L.A 1992(?) all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Here, here Trout!

See for yourself:

wow... he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    So does 50 cent... although he sounded like a jackass for saying that on national tv, it's a fair prediction given our countries history.

Presidents/leaders are assassinated when they pose a threat for change. I actually think JFK was ordered to be killed by Linden Johnson... but that's a whole new thread entirely. If Obama starts inspiring and making changes he does run a great risk of being killed.

poppie Guest
    Geekygirl has typed what so many have been afraid to say out loud. If Obama is elected, I pray that some nut does not feel it is his Christian duty to do this foul deed.

Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    Geekygirl has typed what so many have been afraid to say out loud. If Obama is elected, I pray that some nut does not feel it is his Christian duty to do this foul deed.
    In my opinion it is actually dangerous and not wise to say this out loud. I think people are just using better judgment to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    He will need an Obama-mobile, like the pope has.
    Seriously tho, I think this is dangerous, there is still so much racism.
    I wish him well (and safe)
    A few years ago, I was able to go on a business trip with my DH to DC. His company put him up in the glorious (by my standards) Hotel Willard just a block or so away from the White House. Our room overlooked the street and it seemed like there were always police sirens going the whole time we were there. I started to think, "Yeah, the crime really is bad in DC," when I looked out the window when the police sirens started up again. Turns out everytime we were hearing the sirens, it was the Presidential Motorcade going by.

The Secret Service DO NOT give any information on how well equipped the motorcade is (nor do they even reveal the President's calendar until sometimes just a few minutes beforehand) in order to protect the President. However, I can say that the motorcade was an amazing sight. First, lots of motorcycles, then a handful or so of different black SUVs with heavily tinted black glass, then the President's Limo, also with heavily tinted, presumably bullet-proof glass and bomb-resistant armor plating as the body of the car, then more SUVs, some of which had sunroofs open with agents taking both 360-degree video and still photography of the crowds and buildings as they went by, then I think there was an ambulance (just in case something happened), then more motorcycles. From what I could tell, if all the vehicles were stopped, the motorcade would be at least a football field, maybe two football fields in length.

So he already has from what I can tell, more than a Pope-Mobile. I have no idea when the Secret Service starts its protection. Maybe he already has it now, maybe once he gets the nomination, maybe on Innauguration Day?

I just hope the President, no matter who it is, doesn't get assassinated. It's kind of like having a little brother. You are always picking on him, giving him a bad time, telling him what an idiot he is. But then when the neighborhood bully starts doing the same thing to your little brother, you go after the bully and punch his lights out.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    I agree.

I'm with you on this one. I'm not sold on his speeches or him in general. About him getting assasinated, who knows; nothing is certain in this world so never say never. I'm sure like some have mentioned above there will be attempts made and yes any president has that risk. However, I think he will have a higher risk if he's elected because he will be the first African-American president and racial tension could be a major cause.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I agree.

I don't like him.
    There is just something that rubs me the wrong way about him. It's not a racial thing either. I just don't like him.

Here, here Trout!

See for yourself:

Just watched it, very painful. God, what an idiot. Cannot imagine someone going on National TV and being so ill-prepared, or at least not able to weasle-word their way out of a direct question.

don't_axe_me Guest
    Regardless of who wins each primary, running mate choices are going to be VERY important.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Here, here Trout!

See for yourself:

LOL...seems to be everyone's reaction when asked to detail Obama's actual accomplishments, legislative or otherwise. A blank stare, then a stunned stammering attempt to steer the conversation anywhere else....
    I'm with you guys, he creeps me out. Sorry, but he does...

Snoopy Guest
    I don't like him.
    There is just something that rubs me the wrong way about him. It's not a racial thing either. I just don't like him.
    My thoughts exatly..He just is creepy to me..and I really can't put a finger on why...just like a lot of people like him and want him elected just can't give a good reason why though!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    Presidents/leaders are assassinated when they pose a threat for change. I actually think JFK was ordered to be killed by Linden Johnson... but that's a whole new thread entirely.
    ive always believed that Johnson had "something" to do with Jfk's assasination, or at least, that he was "aware" that it was going to happen....

Snoopy Guest
    I always had that feeling too leevancleef

Belle Guest
    I live in one of the most hyper-segregated cities in America, if not THE most hyper-segregated. I'm kind of white (I look olive I've got the Mediterranean thing going on) and the spouse is red-haired Irish so people often speak racist opinions freely around us. The vast majority of people who vehemently hate blacks still went out in the snow to vote for Obama last week My 90% white state, Wisconsin, went Obama all the way because he is NOT Hillary. They hate her more than they hate blacks (which is saying quite a bit), and willingly resigned themselves to Obama as a purposeful choice over her.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I live in one of the most hyper-segregated cities in America, if not THE most hyper-segregated. I'm kind of white (I look olive I've got the Mediterranean thing going on) and the spouse is red-haired Irish so people often speak racist opinions freely around us. The vast majority of people who vehemently hate blacks still went out in the snow to vote for Obama last week My 90% white state, Wisconsin, went Obama all the way because he is NOT Hillary. They hate her more than they hate blacks (which is saying quite a bit), and willingly resigned themselves to Obama as a purposeful choice over her.
    Wisc has a lot of the Homong too like we do here in MN.

As far as Obama, I can not stand the guy and he creeps me out too. I think an attempt will surely be made on him.

Deat becomesher Guest
    Someone told me he has extra secret service with him and I tend to believe that. He creeps me out too but I would never want to see our country in such a state as it was when Kennedy died. The world is watching our country to see who gets elected and who they are going to be dealing with so .... Hopefully he will be safe and sound and may the best candidate win...Whoever that is lol, Not much to pick from I say

GaSpartan Guest
    I think if Hillary is VP (longshot, but weirder things have happened), Barak had better get his affairs in order. She is just power hungry enough that I could envision turning on the news and seeing the Obama "mysteriously passed away last night". There are other kooks out there too. As has been mentioned, this whole thing conjures up images of RFK and JFK.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deat becomesher View Post
    Someone told me he has extra secret service with him and I tend to believe that. He creeps me out too but I would never want to see our country in such a state as it was when Kennedy died. The world is watching our country to see who gets elected and who they are going to be dealing with so .... Hopefully he will be safe and sound and may the best candidate win...Whoever that is lol, Not much to pick from I say
    Well, if Barack does make it and gets assinated, there will be no outpouring like there was when Kennedy was shot. Barack will never hold that type of admiration from the country.

Sounds shitty to say, but it's true.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Well, if Barack does make it and gets assinated, there will be no outpouring like there was when Kennedy was shot. Barack will never hold that type of admiration from the country.

Sounds shitty to say, but it's true.
    I think you may be right. However had the same thing happen to the other presidents we had within the last 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case with them too.

When Reagan got shot in 1981, many local TV and radio stations still aired regular programming for example. I was in the 5th grade when this happened. We didn't even get word about it at all in school. Unlike Kennedy when many kids were sent home as soon as they got the word on his shooting. It was almost like "..oh Reagan got shot today...big deal !!".

Bill Clinton...remember the time he took a walk along a beach somewhere during his first term and some middle aged woman comes up towards him and screams "I hate you I hate you..someone should shoot you"? Clinton ignored her however many people I remember actually sided with the woman !!!

My own parents told me they can remember when those attempts took place on Ford, a lot of people simply didn't care..and even during the Carter era..well some were quite blunt about their feelings towards the man..my mother remembers her own boss made some comment back then "boy we could use Oswald now !!".

Maybe it was the Richard Nixon/Watergate mess that made a lot of people lose respect for the president..or maybe its a sign of the times..I don't know but attudes have changed a great deal within the last 30-35 years.
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 02-21-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Close call for Obama this morning

BC-Obama's Plane--APNewsAlert

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The airplane carrying Democratic Presidential
    candidate Barack Obama made a safe, unscheduled landing in St.
    Louis because of a maintenance issue.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    APTV 07-07-08 1052EDT

Seagorath Guest
    Glad he's safe...I want BOTH candidates available for the elections...

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    BC-Obama's Plane--APNewsAlert

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The airplane carrying Democratic Presidential
    candidate Barack Obama made a safe, unscheduled landing in St.
    Louis because of a maintenance issue.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    APTV 07-07-08 1052EDT

Maruz83 Guest
    geessss he better be okay ! I just turned in my paper work to work the DEM. party here in VA !!!!

STRAIGHT Guest
    There have been a few close calls with him this year and it makes me wonder if a few people are trying to do a J.F.K. on him.

Sphr798 Guest
    Bet if something did happen to him everyone would blame it on Hillary.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I read an article earlier today that Obama's plane was a chartered MD-80, a plane that has a reputation for wiring and hydraulic problems. As a charter, I wonder if it's an older plane at that.

These reporters that fly around with a candidate- do they have to pay anything, or is it a free ride in exchange for the news coverage? Maybe the Dem Party should get Obama a G5 jet and send the reporters on Southwest!