Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Network Stars - Gotta love 'em or not!

tensecondstolove Guest

Food Network Stars - Gotta love 'em or not!

Please tell me I'm not the only person on this board who despises her. She is the most obnoxious "celebrity" out there today as far as I'm concerned. You know, that girl that has like 4 shows on the Food Network and she's got a daytime talk show.

I just wanted to see if I'm not alone in my annoyance for her. Ah hell, I just want to snark.

different kind of girl Guest
    I actually USED to like her, back when the only time I really saw her on tv was with her $40 a day program. I've flipped to her morning show a few times and I can't stand it. She's way over the top, almost like she's mocking herself. Sometimes people are better off doing small gigs than having their own hour show on a major network.

tensecondstolove Guest
    ^Yeah that's true. Plus, she's got her face on practically every box in the supermarket.

Kathyf Guest
    I do not like her. she looks like the joker. I am not trying to be mean but she is so annoying.

onehunglow Guest
    I Like her. I've learned a lot about cooking watching her. Besides anyone who hates mayo is OK in my book.

Ree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    Please tell me I'm not the only person on this board who despises her. She is the most obnoxious "celebrity" out there today as far as I'm concerned. You know, that girl that has like 4 shows on the Food Network and she's got a daytime talk show.

I just wanted to see if I'm not alone in my annoyance for her. Ah hell, I just want to snark.
    Snark away, GF! I dont care for her at all. She gets on my last nerve. THAT VOICE!! Obnoxious doesnt begin to cover it.

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    I Like her. I've learned a lot about cooking watching her. Besides anyone who hates mayo is OK in my book.
    Right. But see the thing with her is she makes way to much money and is way too famous for being mediocre. There is nothing humble about her. I guess I'd respect her more if she were a little more humble and wasn't such a loudmouth I guess. lol

JGrier Guest
    I watch her shows with the volume off. She's hot

katspjs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    I am RR fan as well...yes, she can get verrrrry perky from time to time but I love her recipes. Anyone who can reinvent the burger every month is a friend of mine.....

RR is pretty out there, but I've always liked her. Well actually...I don't really watch her like I used to though.
    I can't help but get ever so slightly annoyed at her loud antics and wild gestures these days..just a touch.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

stinkythejokedog Guest
    i hate it when she says "yummo" or "sammy" for sandwich...she's too friggin perky

12. 10-20-2007, 07:54 PM

Morrissey Guest
    She used to royally piss me off -- until Giada came around.

That's the "chef" I really abhor.

A few of Rachael's terms like stoup and sammy grate my nerves, but she's all right. I enjoy watching $40 a Day and 30 Minute Meals.

cindysgold Guest
    I liked her when she had the show "30 minute meals"
    I don't care for her new talk show...its too commerical.
    I think it ruined her. And her hair...I don't like the new color.

knothere Guest
    mad tv did a thing on her it was funneeeeeeeeeee

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    She used to royally piss me off -- until Giada came around.

That's the "chef" I really abhor.

A few of Rachael's terms like stoup and sammy grate my nerves, but she's all right. I enjoy watching $40 a Day and 30 Minute Meals.
    Ugh. Giada is another annoying one too. But at least she doesn't yell all the time like RR does. lol

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    Her voice makes me tense up. "de-lish". I prefer Alton Brown. Now there's a real cook!

I liked RR more back when she started with $40 a day.She is a tad over-exposed now.Alton Brown is great.The way he explains the science behind the taste is the best.

ssgpete Guest
    I can take or leave her, but my daughter likes her.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Her popularity is proof that Satan still walks the Earth

I used to love Rachel...then she seemed to change from the girl next door to more of a celebrity. Blahhhh...ruined it for me.

RoRo Guest
    I liked her long ago, but now her loud obnoxious voice and her cutesy words get on my last nerve...I much prefer Gordon Ramsey lol

Kareika Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanDeathHag View Post
    Her voice makes me tense up. "de-lish". I prefer Alton Brown. Now there's a real cook!
    Alton Brown, smart, funny and kinda hot...

Bee1001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanDeathHag View Post

Amen to that one!

deathybrad Guest
    If Fran Drescher was still on TV you wouldn't notice Rachael Ray at all.

Bake Guest
    I can't get past her voice to even watch a show, I think she's just annoying.

different kind of girl Guest
    I saw her on some talk show and she said they added "evoo" to the DICTIONARY.
    Last edited by different kind of girl; 10-21-2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: I'm being sarcastic here. Please "get" me. :)

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by katspjs View Post
    I am RR fan as well...yes, she can get verrrrry perky from time to time but I love her recipes. Anyone who can reinvent the burger every month is a friend of mine.....
    i like RR too~ i wrk from home & have learned tons of tips & recipes from her over the years~

hoxharding Guest
    You can buy Olive Oil with the Rachael Ray name on the label! Whoo hoo:P
    :P:P:P:P

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    You can buy Olive Oil with the Rachael Ray name on the label! Whoo hoo:P
    :P:P:P:P
    And a 3 piece knife set for $99, in their own case. Yay!!

I used to like her back then. But now I find her repulsive and annoying. Her giggle, when she says EVOO, then proceeds to say extra virgin olive oil ( i don't think it takes a genius to figure that one out), sammy (ugh), stoup (ugh), oh and I hate when she drops garlic into olive oil and proceeds to have a cooking orgasm, she can be the Joker's wife in the new Batman movie. She's everywhere too, grocery stores, book stores, t.v., JC Penny, UGH! I'm sorry I needed to get this off my chest! LOL! Oh and she's on the Food Network right now! UGH!

I'm with different kind of girl. I didn't mind her in small doses when she just had a couple of shows on the Food Network, but now I can't bear her.

I also love Alton Brown, especially Good Eats. He makes Iron Chef America worth watching as the commentator/announcer.

onehunglow Guest
    OK, I have to say it. I love and adore her buns. I watch the show just for the buns baby. I guess with her dough all of her problems are behind her. Glazed hot buns. How can you beat that.

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who thinks she looks like "The Joker"!!!! LOL!!! She's scary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

DannaMarie24 Guest

Oh MY

[SIZE=4]OMG I can't stand her! I wanna staple her mouth shut lol[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Just waaaaaay to hyper.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one who thinks she looks like "The Joker"!!!! LOL!!! She's scary.
    There's a RR hate community that's been around for a few years.
    You can see a Rachael to Joker transformation right on the front page.

www.rrsux.com
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    She came here to Portland, Oregon two years back for $40 a day and for breakfast she visited a coffee shop and proceeded to talk all about the menu, the hand-roasted coffee, and the owners.

Problem was this particular coffee shop went out of business the prior year and the owners didn't even live in Oregon anymore. The local paper opened a major can of whoop-ass on her and she didn't even bother to remove the segment or re-shoot at a different (exisiting) coffee shop.

Haven't watched her since.

pinkrose35 Guest
    Yes she is very annoying, I haven't liked her from day on.............now I could do some very naughty things to Gordon Ramsey...............

ScottyMonger Guest
    One of the reasons I love watching Anthony Bordain's show is for his great rips on Rachel Ray.

He absolutely despises her.

Laura1020 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Her popularity is proof that Satan still walks the Earth
    I don't mind her, but this thought is hilarious!

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    She came here to Portland, Oregon two years back for $40 a day and for breakfast she visited a coffee shop and proceeded to talk all about the menu, the hand-roasted coffee, and the owners.

Problem was this particular coffee shop went out of business the prior year and the owners didn't even live in Oregon anymore. The local paper opened a major can of whoop-ass on her and she didn't even bother to remove the segment or re-shoot at a different (exisiting) coffee shop.

Haven't watched her since.
    I noticed when she cooks bacon in the microwave, the paper towels come out like new and the bacon is perfect. Never works the same for me.

Can we say...POSER!!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I think she's SMOKING hot. I wonder how many ways she can smoke a tube steak. i'm willing to let her try mine.

Bellfire Guest

i liked her until she left $40 a day and I heard in some tabloid that she didn't want her audience to dress in any color so she'd stand out more. Smack me when I become that hard to live with as a celebrity.

Bellfire Guest
    Now i love Emmeral. He almost loves garlic as much as I do.

viridescence Guest

I used to like her, back when she first started with 30MM on Food Network. Then she got more and more annoying to me...especially once she became orange. Orange skin, orange hair, way overdone orange makeup. And she decided that her little quirky words and abbreviations like like EVOO ("extra virgin olive oil" and she has to define it every single time) and "yum-o" and "delish" were just the cutest things ever so why not say them constantly? And so, now I really, really don't like her. I have never watched her talk show.

The anti-RR community someone alluded to calls her "Raytard." And that just cracks me up. So does Anthony Bourdain's ripping on her.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest

Not a Rachel fan either !!!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellfire View Post
    Now i love Emmeral. He almost loves garlic as much as I do.
    I did prep work for Emeril and made it on one of his shows when he was filming at Universal Sudios in May '04 (I was a sous chef at City Walk then). We were not allowed to make eye contact, or speak to him...unless he was asking us something. We had to tiptoe around the man...it was not a fun experience...
    And he is kinda short....

Gordon Ramsey, on the other hand........
    Last edited by secretsquirrel13; 10-22-2007 at 07:04 PM. Reason: my typos suck...

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post
    One of the reasons I love watching Anthony Bordain's show is for his great rips on Rachel Ray.

He absolutely despises her.
    Yes I love him too. Plus, he's a REAL chef, unlike Rachael. His show is funny though. And I've seen video clips in the past of him ripping on RR at his book signings. Hilarious!

But yeah RR sucks and Emeril is annoying as all get-out. On his show and on RR's talk show, the audience members just sit there and clap like trained seals, cheering at their every movement. *vomits*

Tombstone Tourist Guest

Food Network "Stars" - gotta love 'em ... or not!

The Rachael Ray thread had me in stitches! I guess most of us have watched these wanna be stars (think Emeril in that fantastically bad sitcom) at one time or another. Rachael Ray even has a website dedicated to how bad she sucks!

www.rrsux.com

Here's the best entry from that site:

Now that I know Rachael's people read our community, I just want to point out some of the stupidities she's made :

- A Donut filled with Ice Cream is NOT the same as a Profiterole!
    - A Mexican Tortilla is NOT the same as Chinese Pancake!
    - Pound Cake filled with Cream Cheese is NOT the same as Tiramissu!
    - Kaiser Rolls are NOT Calzones!
    - Stale Bread with Tomatoes Sauce is NOT Gnocchi!

Now my favorite personal trainwreck is Paula Dean - god I hate that woman. The only person more annoying is her audience.

Hey Paula - is it really necessary to deep fry EVERYTHING!!

But let's not forget Gia, Alton (ROCKS!!), Flay, Tyler, the Barefoot Contessa, Mario Batali, and what ever happened to Jamie Oliver?

As for my favorite - Ace of Cakes hands down!!

beautygirlsmom Guest
    My daughter had her Sweet 16 cake made by Duff Goldman of Ace of Cakes in September. I was so shocked when we had our design appointment that he was the guy there to meet us. He was AWESOME in person, dished about some of his favorite celebs and his least favorite, and was just so great to work with. Highly recommend him and Charm City Cakes - if you have a spare kidney to donate to cover the cost of the cake!

Alton is my favorite - love, love, love him. If I'm ever on a deserted island, that's who I want with me.

poppie Guest
    Does everyone know that Giada DeLaurentiis is granddaughter to famous movie guy Dino DeLauentiis and the popular/beautiful movie star Silvano Mangano? Giada is a beautiful woman.