Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Levin (Preppie Murder)

Analyst_Rob Guest

Jennifer Levin (Preppie Murder)

Robert Chambers. This is a guy who women seem to be attracted to, indulging his desire to get in their pants. That he does… if only to get to their panties and wrap them around their neck… At least in the case of Jennifer Levin;, strangled and left lying dead on a Central Park hill in 1986.
    The hard facts themselves didn't look good for Chambers. However, the defense position that this was consensual sex (it probably was) and the victim, being shown in court to have an active sex life; cast an interesting sexual double-standard… If Jennifer was having sex, then she must have wanted and been into asphyxiophilia (which Chambers claimed, along with 'self-defense') and 'things got a little out of hand' (more like 'tightened too hard for a too long-of-a-time' hand…)
    The post-mortem said the compression on Jennifer's neck had to be quite 'substantial' in order to cause the death.
    (Open the door for your 'Mystery Date'……….)
    Not all men are pigs… but this guy's defense team were really strong in the running.

So Chambers is off to prison… there he serves almost the full 15 years of a 5 to 15 plea deal sentence; due to his assault of a guard, his drug use and weapons' possession.
    He served 5 years in solitary confinement.
    Jennifer's Mom is at every parole hearing.

Yesterday, Robert Chambers was arrested for selling 'voluminous' amounts cocaine from an apartment in Manhattan. Much of it to undercover New York Police Officers. He will no doubt die of old age in prison. Couldn't happen to a 'nicer guy'….

I believe that murderers are haunted by their victims. Not because the murderer has a conscience… but because the universe exists in equilibrium… and the unrested dead.. need to balance the equation..
    Last edited by Analyst_Rob; 10-24-2007 at 05:13 AM. Reason: speling......

secretsquirrel13 Guest

Thumbs down Preppy Killer Arrested in Drug Sting

Geeeeee, boys and girls...does this surprise anyone???

AP
    Posted: 2007-10-23 08:08:02
    NEW YORK (Oct. 23) -- The so-called "Preppy Killer," who served 15 years in prison for strangling a woman in Central Park, was arrested Monday on charges of selling drugs and resisting arrest.

Robert Chambers' arrest stemmed from an undercover operation in which drugs, including cocaine, were purchased from him at his residence in Manhattan's Upper East Side, police said. They said he struggled with officers during his arrest.

[SIZE=2]It was not immediately clear whether Chambers had an attorney.

Chambers was charged with several counts of criminal sale of controlled substances and resisting arrest.

Chambers was released from prison on Valentine's Day 2003 after serving 15 years for the 1986 strangling of 18-year-old Jennifer Levin during a tryst in Central Park.

The undercover sting began after police received complaints alleging drug sales at Chambers' residence, where he lived with his girlfriend, police spokesman Paul Browne said. Undercover officers were able to buy cocaine from Chambers, he said.

"There was considerable traffic to his door," Browne said. "He was pretty indiscrete about it."

Chambers' girlfriend was also arrested on a charge of criminal sale of a controlled substance.

Police arrested Chambers in 2004 for misdemeanor heroin possession and unlicensed driving. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 100 days in jail and ordered to pay a $200 fine.

A message left early Tuesday for the state Division of Parole inquiring about Chambers' status was not immediately returned. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Photo Gallery: More Trouble for 'Preppy Killer'[/SIZE]

Bryan Smith, ZUMA Press

Robert Chambers, left in 2005, is known as the "Preppy Killer" who strangled a woman in Central Park in 1986. He was arrested on charges of selling drugs and resisting arrest on Monday in New York.

You know, I was thinking about this guy when reading the thread about Dominique Dunne's killer, who also got an obscenely light sentence. It sounds like he learned nothing; still thinks he can get away with whatever. I wonder if he and his girlfriend were supporting their lifestyle by dealing? Does he have a decent job? _I_ wouldn't hire him, but you need some money to live on the upper East Side, or frankly anywhere in Manhattan!

Thank you for the post, secretsquirrel!

Cheers,
    Amy

Mrs. Watson Guest
    This guy is just such a POS all the way around. I lived in eastern PA when the murder happened and it was all over the news.

Scum of the earth.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    What a dumbass!

poppie Guest
    I am so happy to read this warm and fuzzy story. Chambers is indeed a POS and I do hope he spends the rest of his life in prison with Bubba's shorts around his neck and Bubba's - well, you add the rest.

hoxharding Guest
    The guy has a GF-
    Let me type this again-the guy has a Girl Friend!
    WhY? Who would date this creep and why?
    He was called a 'bad psychopath' today on Court Tv. Which meant, even as a pychopath, he is a loser. He was given many chances for education,detox and other stuff. He blew that.
    Sad thing is, I bet this crud will keep having GF's and female fans.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Does anyone else remember that video of him with the Barbie Doll, twisting it's head around? That came out while he was out on bail.

Ya gotta wonder about the g/f. Bet her parents are proud.

Well, you know Ted Bundy had a wife there for a while; he even proposed to her (and she accepted!) during his last trial! I also hear both Scott Peterson and both the Menendez brothers get marriage proposals via prison mail all the time. Isn't one of the Menendez brothers married, too? There's obviously some type of woman attracted to the "ultimate bad boy" (aka losers) out there. Baffles my mind, but clearly I'm missing the draw of having a psychopath boyfriend or husband. That all just screams "desperate" to me, but oh, well.

Cheers,
    Amy

b57hrle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    Well, you know Ted Bundy had a wife there for a while; he even proposed to her (and she accepted!) during his last trial! I also hear both Scott Peterson and both the Menendez brothers get marriage proposals via prison mail all the time. Isn't one of the Menendez brothers married, too? There's obviously some type of woman attracted to the "ultimate bad boy" (aka losers) out there. Baffles my mind, but clearly I'm missing the draw of having a psychopath boyfriend or husband. That all just screams "desperate" to me, but oh, well.

Cheers,
    Amy
    You know, there are tons of females that marry killers in prison... to a point they are safe... they are behind bars and they don't have to face them 24/7... what a better husband... limited contact and you don't have to listen to them snore... personally... it baffles the mind why someone would want to be married to someone that deliberately took someone else's life... losers all of em!... this guy... hes preppy cause he has money... he got off light while they tore the girls life to shreds .. all he'll do is bounce in and out of jail!

Andrea Guest
    I think Ted Bundy even had a little girl while in prison! And, let's not forget all the children Tex Watson has fathered! Not to mention Richard Ramirez's wife and all of his female fans at his trial.

Andrea

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    3 words: GET A ROPE!! this guy is just plain ole stupid!!!

Lisamarie Guest
    This guy is scum!!! Can you belive this guy was out!!! I mean jeese! He only killed a girl....oh wait I forgot his defense...she was too rough for him !! What a looser ....I hope he gets his ass locked up for a long , long time...I mean they take drugs pretty seriouse......murder thats another thing.

I remember that video of him and the Barbie...what an ass! Good point, Lisamarie..I can go to jail for unpaid parking tickets but child molesters run free! God bless the system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Lisamarie Guest
    Can you imagine being Tex Watson or Ted Bumdys kid...these women are pathatic...and to think they would bring children into this world when the parent is in jail for murdeing a pregnate woman....or little girls....Hopefully God is taking note.

SW4 Guest
    I remember the Chambers/Levin case well; felt very sorry for the victim because she was paraded in the New York gutter press as a sex-crazed party girl complete with secret diaries. Meanwhile, I remember seeing Chambers on a magazine cover looking like a male model. What a gut-wrenching experience that mush have been for the Levin family.

I remember seeing the footage of a doped-up Chambers twisting the head off a doll; I believe it was on an American tabloid show. Somehow, I wasn't surprised at his behaviour.

If there was any doubt about Chambers's character before, there's no doubt now; he walked into this latest mess with eyes wide open; I expect his eyes will be wide open most nights in prison....

Pyscho Girl Stalkers for Male Prisoners

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    The guy has a GF-
    Let me type this again-the guy has a Girl Friend!
    WhY? Who would date this creep and why?
    He was called a 'bad psychopath' today on Court Tv. Which meant, even as a pychopath, he is a loser. He was given many chances for education,detox and other stuff. He blew that.
    Sad thing is, I bet this crud will keep having GF's and female fans.
    He has a GF, big shock. I think that the women in the world, like Ted Bundy's "wife", all Scott Peterson's "fans", and this POS's GF all need to go to a special place all their own. What psycho's. It's hard enough to find someone that is normal to date, why go to the prison pool to shop? Ewww.

ghoulgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    He has a GF, big shock. I think that the women in the world, like Ted Bundy's "wife", all Scott Peterson's "fans", and this POS's GF all need to go to a special place all their own. What psycho's. It's hard enough to find someone that is normal to date, why go to the prison pool to shop? Ewww.
    I swore that the NYT stated that his GF Shawn Kovell was in the infamous video made shortly after the crime. The only confirmation that I can find is from the NY Daily News:
    "Twisting a Barbie doll's head off, Chambers is heard saying in falsetto: "My name is . . . Oops! I think I killed it."
    Police sources said Kovell was one of the women in the video."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...1.html?ref=rss

The only good news is that those scumbags look like hell.

RoRo Guest
    Can we all say Karma is a bitch....he's a pathetic excuse for a human

Maruz83 Guest
    Didn't LAW & ORDER do a show similar to that krazy-sex-murders ??

21. 10-31-2007, 11:41 AM

Cheers,
    Amy
    True... could just be the attention seekers desperately going for the easy attention. Also the fear of possibly being murdered by these guys may actually excite them... maybe? weird either way you slice it.

Darrianne Guest
    I remember when this happened - I looked at this guys photo and thought to my young and naive self.......'He is so cute! He couldn't be a murderer!'

Jazzmom Guest
    His girlfriend he was arrested with was the one with him in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Does anyone else remember that video of him with the Barbie Doll, twisting it's head around? That came out while he was out on bail.

Ya gotta wonder about the g/f. Bet her parents are proud.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    That Shawn Kovell is still with him? Wow, there's some pathology there.

Andrea Guest
    He does look like hell now and looks like he doesn't have a brain in his head in that photo in the article linked above! I wonder what his mother thinks now, if she's still alive?

Andrea

b57hrle Guest
    Amusing how this one finds so many excuses why hes not responsible for his own actions....http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1116/chambers_ap.html

What an AZZZ

Jazbabee Guest
    Let's just hope this scumbacket hasn't left any type of mark or splash into the gene pool......that would be a blow to the evolutionary chain !!

lisalouver Guest
    I was staying with a friend in NYC the summer this happened. I was 18 also, just as Jennifer was. I remember the morning that it happened. We had been out drinking at the bars that night (NY age was 18 at the time, I believe) and then stayed up partying with some other people. It came on the news and everyone was silent. We all went to the park to gawk of course.

Just terrible. That bastard should still be in prison. And yea, Shawn Kovell is still with him and she was one of the ones in the video with him with the doll. Anyone see her? She looks horrible, just horrible. I will find a pic.

The apt that he and Kovell were living in was a rent controlled apt that was her mothers I believe and when she died, NYC rent laws state that the rent stays the same as long as a qualifying member of the family moves in. Shawn moved in with Chambers and they of course never paid the rent, I want to say the rent was arounf $1500, cheap I think for the area. Anyhow, he neighbors hated them both.

Let me see about that pic....

lisalouver Guest
    Ok, here is the article and a picture of Shawn when she was arrested with Robert in October of 2007

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

When Chambers did the interview with 48 hours after his release from prison, she was shown in the piece walking with him, only from behind. She had red hair then and a long 80's leather coat on.

Nasty.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Ok, here is the article and a picture of Shawn when she was arrested with Robert in October of 2007

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN
    For some reason, it's not hard to imagine her with him

When Chambers did the interview with 48 hours after his release from prison, she was shown in the piece walking with him, only from behind. She had red hair then and a long 80's leather coat on.

Nasty.

The term "rode hard and put away wet" comes to mind with that photo of her.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    The term "rode hard and put away wet" comes to mind with that photo of her.
    So true!

What a fucking loser. When he was let out after 15 years, wouldn't you think he'd have learned his lesson?

BC-Preppie Killer,0197
    NYC 'preppie killer' pleads guilty to drug charges
    Eds: APNewsNow. Will be led.
    NEW YORK (AP) -- New York's so-called "preppie killer" is
    headed back to prison.
    Robert Chambers already served 15 years behind bars for
    strangling a woman in Central Park during what he said was rough
    sex.
    He pleaded guilty Monday to selling drugs. The Manhattan
    district attorney's office says Chambers is promised 19 years and
    four months in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 2.
    Chambers and his girlfriend were charged with dealing cocaine
    out of their Manhattan apartment in 2007.
    Chambers pleaded guilty in 1988 to manslaughter in the death of
    18-year-old Jennifer Levin two years earlier. Stories portrayed him
    as a handsome, privileged, prep school youth gone bad.
    He was released from prison in 2003.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    APTV 08-11-08 1435EDT

GAdeathhag Guest
    its kinda of like the saying "been married nine times, maybe its you"

get arrested...multiple times for stupid shit-- maybe its you

Andrea Guest
    That Robert Chambers still has the deer in the headlights look. I don't think anyone is home there.

GAdeathhag Guest
    Maybe someone will make him their bitch and accidently strangle him during rough sex---stupid fucker

tkmama627 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GAdeathhag View Post
    Maybe someone will make him their bitch and accidently strangle him during rough sex---stupid fucker

LMAO I think that'd be a perfect ending for this sad prick~!

God, I remember when that happened. Oh, well...he'll get his.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Nineteen years on a plea?

He's going to die in prison.

No great loss.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    What a fucking loser. When he was let out after 15 years, wouldn't you think he'd have learned his lesson?

BC-Preppie Killer,0197
    NYC 'preppie killer' pleads guilty to drug charges
    Eds: APNewsNow. Will be led.
    NEW YORK (AP) -- New York's so-called "preppie killer" is
    headed back to prison.
    Robert Chambers already served 15 years behind bars for
    strangling a woman in Central Park during what he said was rough
    sex.
    He pleaded guilty Monday to selling drugs. The Manhattan
    district attorney's office says Chambers is promised 19 years and
    four months in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 2.
    Chambers and his girlfriend were charged with dealing cocaine
    out of their Manhattan apartment in 2007.
    Chambers pleaded guilty in 1988 to manslaughter in the death of
    18-year-old Jennifer Levin two years earlier. Stories portrayed him
    as a handsome, privileged, prep school youth gone bad.
    He was released from prison in 2003.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    APTV 08-11-08 1435EDT
    Ain't it the truth duster.

That jackass threw away the fact that he got out when he should'nt have!

And now he goes back.......

Yea, sometimes there is some justice. Not much, but some.

Nicki Guest

Cheers,
    Amy

Has anyone offered to marry Charles Manson? These must be the women who think they can change a man, and when it is a famous man, I guess that makes it a plus. They just don't get it......That the whole world looks at them as just about the dumbest broads that ever lived. OF all the men in the world WHY would somebody choose to start at the bottom level of a Prison with someone doing life or on death row? I'm sure some shrink has done a complete profile on what type of woman chooses that type of man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Has anyone offered to marry Charles Manson? These must be the women who think they can change a man, and when it is a famous man, I guess that makes it a plus. They just don't get it......That the whole world looks at them as just about the dumbest broads that ever lived. OF all the men in the world WHY would somebody choose to start at the bottom level of a Prison with someone doing life or on death row? I'm sure some shrink has done a complete profile on what type of woman chooses that type of man.
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone offered to marry Manson, although I've never heard of any offers. He's certainly nowhere near as attractive as many of these other men, and a lot more overtly crazy! I think there's a certain subset of the female population that manages to fool themselves into thinking that good-looking young men like Scott Peterson couldn't possibly be guilty and are just misunderstood. What this says about the women's sense of self-esteem and identity...well, I'm sure there's even a name for such a syndrome. It's the "I'm the only woman who can save this evil wretch"/"stand by your man" thing taken to some scary extreme. I agree with you: some team of psychologists have probably done dissertations on such women!

And it's really very sad that Robert Chambers is going to serve almost equal time for drug peddling as for killing Jennifer Levine, but there is some satisfaction he'll be off the streets and at the mercy of the general prison population. He should not have served such a light sentence in the first place, as it seems we all agree. Maybe this will shake Mr. Entitlement out of his fantasy world a little.
    Last edited by amaranthaseven; 08-12-2008 at 09:36 AM.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Ohh! I wan't me a murderin' man behind bars, I think orange jumpsuits are hott! And I want him to have some nice brown teeth just like Robert's! Yeah that's so hot

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Ohh! I wan't me a murderin' man behind bars, I think orange jumpsuits are hott! And I want him to have some nice brown teeth just like Robert's! Yeah that's so hot
    Bwah! I love your humor, Sunshine!

Of course, if you're a lady with some brown teeth of your own (or missing teeth), you probably find that look mighty attractive!

leeny994 Guest
    all i know is that the apartment Mr. Chambers and his gal were living in was a rent controlled apartment in the east 50's in manhattan---near the river
    $1100 a month, 2 bedrooms
    and they screwed that one up
    she inherited it....

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Nineteen years on a plea?

He's going to die in prison.

No great loss.
    He's right back where he belongs. I saw his interview on "48 Hours"; this man has no soul. He was like an empty shell; a robot.

He looks like the Unabomber now.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    all i know is that the apartment Mr. Chambers and his gal were living in was a rent controlled apartment in the east 50's in manhattan---near the river
    $1100 a month, 2 bedrooms
    and they screwed that one up
    she inherited it....
    screwing up a deal like that, why that's a crime unto itself.

OMG, how did I miss this story? I had no idea he was arrested again. Not that it's any surprise. It actually kinda made my day!

This guy was bad news long before he murdered Jennifer Levin. And he wasn't a "preppy" at all, just a spoiled only child whose single mother worked her ass off to get him into prep schools, only to see him expelled for drug use and theft. The only thing he had going for him was his looks, and it appears those are gone now too.

It's pretty sad he'll be spending more time in jail for drug dealing than he did for murder...oops I mean manslaughter. Wonder if his dumbass girlfriend will be waiting for him when he gets out at age 60? I read she won't be doing any time, just rehab and probation.

51. 08-13-2008, 06:42 AM

GAdeathhag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GAdeathhag View Post
    so again I say the above---

and yes he did go from being quite handsome to nasty