Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What song scared you as a kid.

sunshine2828 Guest
    "Thriller" Vincent Price at the end used to freak me out!

carrieann Guest
    Send In The Clowns. I used to run and hide when it came on.

ahh, good one.. yes Thriller scared me as well when it first came out

Luffy66 Guest
    For me it was the theme to "Ironsides"

Reissued in "Kill Bill"

Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    In the 70s I thought it was "Knights In White Satin"...a song about the KKK.
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! fabulous!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

reddawn17 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    That Christmas song "Do yo hear what I hear" used to freak me out. So did I'm Your Boogie Man by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. And the theme to The Poseiden Adventure and the theme to Jaws.

I agree w/ you on the Christmas song. When I would hear it I would instantly think of the Gremlins. And then I would think of how they were gonna come get me.
    Another song that freaked me out as a kid was "Mr. Sandman". I always tought that he was going to come through the curtains and eat me in my sleep. But, then again, I was 4.

cobbius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    One I still will not listen too. Something by Ozzy singing he is Satan
    N.I.B.?

Lulabelle Guest
    The theme for Alfred Hitchcock Presents, have to switch channels as soon as it comes on.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    the theme from doctor who. to this day l've never seen the show because l couldn't get past the theme song.
    You MUST watch the show - just mute the start. David Tennent is absolutey heavenly. I would do him in a heartbeat. SEXY GLASSES too!

Noelle Page Guest
    "Wholla Lotta Love" bothered me because Jimmy Page's guitar sounded like a dentist's drill.

Also, "Time Has Come today" has some very freaky stuff in the long version.

This is a very cool question, by the way.

mgpm Guest
    Rev.#9, I skipped it on the album every time. Too freaky. Too much Yoko, which can scare anyone.

Cats in the Cradle made me cry when I heard it.

Porky Pig's- Blue Christmas.

Zombiegirl Guest
    There has never really been a song that I've heard that scared me....but Alice Cooper's "Steven" is kinda creepy, LOL

Overtaxed Guest
    While not a "song"...anyone from the NYC-Tri-state area would know the Theme "Music" for Channel 7 Eyewitness News (ABC Affiliate). Scared the hell out of me as a kid.....still creeps me out all 30+ years later!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    "Hang down your head Tom Dooley,
    Hang down your head and cry,
    Hang down your head Tom Dooley,
    This is the day you die..."

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    You MUST watch the show - just mute the start. David Tennent is absolutey heavenly. I would do him in a heartbeat. SEXY GLASSES too!
    OMG, yes! David Tennant has surpassed Tom Baker as my favorite Doctor. And the glasses! Love the glasses. He and Alan Rickman in Love Actually make geeky glasses sexy.

Yeah, I remember that DOA song too.

Sorry to disappoint but no song has ever scared me. They've made me dance, want to puke, laugh, etc. but never scared me. Other stuff has, but not music.

Any hymn in church that spoke of repenting before you die and go to hell....usually the invitation song. Those used to terrify me as a child. Oh, where will you spend eeeettteeerrrnnnniiittttyyyyy?

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    For me it was Paul Mcartney's Live and let Die that song use to scare the bejesus out of me.the beginning of the movie was no better but i heard the song first to a film clip base on the volences in america and there were hangings,shootings,MLK and JFK assassinations and it just scare me and that song shook me up until my early adult hood now its one of my favorite songs.
    Monster Mash...

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    OMG, yes! David Tennant has surpassed Tom Baker as my favorite Doctor. And the glasses! Love the glasses. He and Alan Rickman in Love Actually make geeky glasses sexy.
    Unfortunately, I think he might be gay...

Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    Thriller. I'm so embarrassed.

Here's another one to be embarassed about: I was afraid of a Weird Al song as a kid--"Nature Trail to Hell".

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    One I still will not listen too. Something by Ozzy singing he is Satan

Hey ComputerGuy...are you thinking of War Pigs by Black Sabbath?

It starts out.. "Generals gathered in their masses...just like witched at black masses..." then one verse says

"Now in darkness, world stops turning
    As the war machine keeps burning
    No more war pigs of the power
    Hand of God has sturck the hour
    Day of judgement, God is calling
    On their knees, the war pigs crawling
    Begging mercy for their sins
    Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
    All right now!"

The beginning of IronMan used to freak me out. When the deep robotic voice says..."I AM IRON MAN..."

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    Unfortunately, I think he might be gay...
    LOL! Fortunately, I don't have a problem with that. Though it does make DT's final scene with AR in Goblet of Fire more interesting. And any scene in DW with John Barrowman...

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    "Dead Babies" by Alice Cooper. ShaaREEK.

Kugmu Guest
    I don't remembery any songs that scared me as a kid.
    But the beginning of the TV series DRAGNET, when Jacks Webb's voice
    began with "This is the City..."
    That part used to scare the hell out of me.

Cathy J. Guest
    Simon & Garfunkle's "El Condor Pasa"!!!!!

When I was in the first grade a child in my class was murdered by his own mother. Burned to death. The whole class went to his funeral and they played that song.

A few years later a clerk was killed in a robbery that took place at my grandparents little grocery store. Went to that woman's funeral and guess what song they played?
    El Condor Pasa !!!

To this day whenever I hear that song, I get both scared and depressed.

Zombiegirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    Funeral for a Friend- Elton John
    This is one of my absolute FAVORITE songs...along with Love Lies Bleeding.....

Zombiegirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Hey ComputerGuy...are you thinking of War Pigs by Black Sabbath?

It starts out.. "Generals gathered in their masses...just like witched at black masses..." then one verse says

"Now in darkness, world stops turning
    As the war machine keeps burning
    No more war pigs of the power
    Hand of God has sturck the hour
    Day of judgement, God is calling
    On their knees, the war pigs crawling
    Begging mercy for their sins
    Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
    All right now!"
    This is one of my favorites too! Love this song!

Nowereman Guest
    I'm not scared easy, but I do admit that when I went to see The Others at the movies ( I went in the afternoon session to escape the heat, i was almost the only on in the place) the music for that movie was very spooky.

OK off thread subject for a min: While I was in the movies watching The Others, unbeknowns to me there was a small cyclone that came through the town were i was watching the movie and i could hear thunder and rain, and I thought wow this cinema has real good acoustics, because the sounds suited the movie
    Last edited by Nowereman; 12-08-2007 at 11:46 PM.

ginny9577 Guest
    Thriller by Michael Jackson scared me...but that had more to do with the video than the song. i was about 5 or 6 when the video came out and all the zombies, plus Vincent Price's laugh at the end totally freaked me out, i thought for sure a hand was going to come up at night and grab me while i slept. i was a weird kid.

Cat lady in training Guest
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was terrified of the Huey Lewis and the News song - The Heart of Rock and Roll.......

The video showed a heart beating in Huey's chest and everytime the song came on I'd scream and hide behind the couch....

I was born in 1981 btw.....

Ceci Guest
    The song that scared me immensely was "Don't Fear the Reaper".

(Actually, I think that song has scared a lot of kids in the same age group because it was overtly haunting. However, I love the song now and have BOC's CD's in my collection).

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album to me was quite disturbing:

We don't need no education......

All we are is a another brick in the wall.....

Hey, Teacher! Leave those kids alone.... (maybe it's the children's voices, all robotic and sounding British? [Sorry, to all the Brits here on the board. ])

And Fleetwood Mac's "Hold Me" bothered me intensely as a kid. Maybe it was because my sister tried to scare me during Halloween and the song was playing.

And, OMD's "If You Leave" (from the "Pretty in Pink" soundtrack). A friend of mine had a cousin who died. That was his favorite song. They had played it in the church and at the graveside. Ever since, that song has bothered me to no end.
    Last edited by Ceci; 12-09-2007 at 09:43 PM.

cachluv Guest
    The theme music to Dark Shadows, with the waves crashing on the shore. I would scream like a banshee and have nightmares for days but I wanted to hear it every time it came on.

Nowereman Guest
    The theme tune from Dr Who used to freak me out.

Last edited by Nowereman; 12-09-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Ceci Guest
    As I was rereading the thread, I had read that a few people were freaked out by "Wildfire". Count me in for that one as well. That song gives me chills. Even today if it comes on one of those oldie stations, I turn the radio off.

Hey there folks, if there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind that I truly am a Geeky Girl, this post should put your mind at rest.

The music that made me want to pee my pants was Bach's [SIZE=2]Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565. I know you have all probably heard it, but if not, click below:[/SIZE]

<LI style="DISPLAY: inline; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none">Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 (ogg format)

Believe it or not, we had a huge pipe organ in our house and that's one of the pieces she would play on it when she was in a pissed-off mood. Whenever she started playing it, I was out the door. Even when I hear it today, it makes me want to leave. Eventually I taught myself how to play the first part so I could impress my friends, but alas, they only thought I was weird, or at the very least, geeky. Neither was cool for a girl back in the 1980's.

BTW, I have no idea why in the hell my Mom bought a full blown pipe organ for our house, which was a typical two-story tract home in the suburbs. The windows would actually rattle and the neighbors could hear it if they were outside or had a window open. One time she played the U.S. National Anthem on the organ and one of our neighbors who was out front talking to my dad left in a hurry, thinking the Dodger game broadcast had started. At times like this I think to myself, WTF, I sure had an odd childhood!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

haaaaaaaaa geeky. you're awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Helter Skelter by the Beatles. i had never heard it before that scary helter skelter movie about the manson murders. 'heltah skeltah de dadadadada heltah skeltah ....' manson and susan atkins murdering people and lots of blooooooddddddddd
    pull the string!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Hey there folks, if there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind that I truly am a Geeky Girl, this post should put your mind at rest.

The music that made me want to pee my pants was Bach's [SIZE=2]Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565. I know you have all probably heard it, but if not, click below:[/SIZE]

<LI style="DISPLAY: inline; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none">Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 (ogg format)

Believe it or not, we had a huge pipe organ in our house and that's one of the pieces she would play on it when she was in a pissed-off mood. Whenever she started playing it, I was out the door. Even when I hear it today, it makes me want to leave. Eventually I taught myself how to play the first part so I could impress my friends, but alas, they only thought I was weird, or at the very least, geeky. Neither was cool for a girl back in the 1980's.

BTW, I have no idea why in the hell my Mom bought a full blown pipe organ for our house, which was a typical two-story tract home in the suburbs. The windows would actually rattle and the neighbors could hear it if they were outside or had a window open. One time she played the U.S. National Anthem on the organ and one of our neighbors who was out front talking to my dad left in a hurry, thinking the Dodger game broadcast had started. At times like this I think to myself, WTF, I sure had an odd childhood!
    Geeky you are too funny...this is also the "Tales From The Crypt" movie theme, and it scared the living shit out of me too, for YEARS, after seeing that movie in the early 70s!!! It STILL creeps me out, truth be told !!

monroe27 Guest
    Has anyone seen the movie, " Heaven can Wait" starring Warren Beatty? Well anyway I saw it for the first time a couple days ago. The song that kept playing throughout the movie is a pretty tune and all, but at the end of the movie it played, and after the credits rolled and even after the screen went black, the tune kept playing. It was a little bit creepy.

Talking

[quote=geekygirl;87332]Hey there folks, if there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind that I truly am a Geeky Girl, this post should put your mind at rest.

BTW, I have no idea why in the hell my Mom bought a full blown pipe organ for our house, which was a typical two-story tract home in the suburbs. The windows would actually rattle and the neighbors could hear it if they were outside or had a window open. One time she played the U.S. National Anthem on the organ and one of our neighbors who was out front talking to my dad left in a hurry, thinking the Dodger game broadcast had started. At times like this I think to myself, WTF, I sure had an odd childhood![/quote

That's what Max was playing on Norma's pipe organ in Sunset Boulevard!

Not freaked out by a song, but freaked out by a singer. When I was little, I was scared to death of Alice Cooper. I did not dare to watch him. And I was freaked out by the Sparks (especially by the guy who played keyboards and wore a small moustache)
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

deathhagcutie Guest
    the doors song "the end"... trying to go to sleep as an eight y/o in the dark was ver y hard

It'sjustme Guest
    I don't remember being scared of any song, but I do remember scaring the crap out of my little sister with a song. The guys from Kiss had put out solo albums and I had the Gene Simmons one. At the beginning of the first song on the album, you hear a phone ringing and then Gene says, "Hello Baby." Then a girl says "Is this Gene Simmons, oh my god, I can't believe it's you, oh Gene OH." Then she starts screaming. For some unknown reason whenever my sister would hear that she would freak out. She would start screaming and crying and run out of the room. It worked great when I wanted to get rid of her! ha ha I know, I was a mean sister!

LOL

Jersey Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post

Oh God... that scares the hell out of me too! There was a haunted castle down at the Jersey Shore (The Brigantine Castle).. and that song could be heard bellowing from the pier to which the Castle stood. It was horrifying! As was the Castle itself!

There aren't really any songs though that scared me. There were a few that I thought were freaky... one that I can think of right now is a Moody Blues song called "Legend Of A Mind," aka "Timothy Leary's Dead."

More so than regular songs scaring me.. THEMES scared me. "Halloween," "The Exorcist," etc etc...

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    Not freaked out by a song, but freaked out by a singer. When I was little, I was scared to death of Alice Cooper. I did not dare to watch him. And I was freaked out by the Sparks (especially by the guy who played keyboards and wore a small moustache)
    I totally forgot about the "Little Adolph" guy from Sparks, LOLOLOL !!!! Yeah he was creepy as HELL....

Ditto for Tiny Tim...that freak scared the living SHIT out of me as a kid...I would literally run screaming from the room.
    Come to think of it, I'd do the same thing if he appeared on TV NOW...

erin Guest
    in an earlier post i said i didn't have one that scared me. i lied. you remember that song that willie wonka (gene wilder) sang whe nthey were going through that tunnel on the chocolate river? OMFG!! that part, and that song, scared the crap out of me!

itsintheeyes Guest
    That song by Metallica with the vid where the guy is supposedly in a coma, but he is completely alert. It had that whole waking up during surgery vibe.

cherryghost Guest
    Billy dont be a hero and Seasons in the Sun were really creepy songs and depressed the hell out of me!