Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conor Clapton March 20/1991

I've always thought that Pattie is a class act. She endured a lot of sh*t from both Harrison and Clapton. The fact that she couldn't conceive may have contributed to the demise of both marriages, which is such a shame because that was beyond her control.

Ive never really had an opinion one way or the other about Eric Clapton his music is allright I guess never impacted me but after reading some of the stuff here he doesnt sound like a pleasant or respectable person at all.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Ive never really had an opinion one way or the other about Eric Clapton his music is allright I guess never impacted me but after reading some of the stuff here he doesnt sound like a pleasant or respectable person at all.
    Amen to that, Ich.
    I wish the world was spared "You Look Wonderful Tonight" (barf) and the super sappy "Tears In Heaven".
    I wish Conor never experienced what happened to him. I also can't help but think we wouldn't have that dreadful song had he not had his accident.

Desertrose Guest
    I believe Eric wrote that song as therapy for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    that's what l was thinking!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I just want to add that it is not against the rules to talk about any celeb that has passed away in a in a non flattering way, adult or child. If someone wants to say that Connor's dad is a way overrated guitarist, a junky that cared about smack more than his kids, that is their opinion. Calling another member a idiot is. Trying to censor this forum to fit one's own beliefs isn't going to to happen. Maybe that what the poster was referring to when he referred to Nazi's. Nazi censorship. This forum is about dead folks, they don't mind what we say. When someone writes "RIP Bernie!" Bernie can't read it, so why get offended if someone if someone says something not so flattering about them. No one has lead a perfect life. This forum isn't here to coddle and hype up celeb's memory's more than they already are. It's more fun to me to know how they are in real life, not how some publicist wants us to perceive them.
    Thank You Jef...great post..well done

NOVSTORM Guest
    You know I believe this woman when she said that Eric wanted a child..after all he went after Patti for not giving him one. There are always 3 sides to any story his/hers & the truth. Eric had little to do with both of his kids. He was a selfish person. I think that once he realized that he wouldn;t have to change diapers or listen to his son cry, that he started paying attention to him and it was too late.
    If this mother was such a gold digger why didnlt she sue everyones pants off. Even tho she had another relationship going I think she would have gone back to Eric if he had asked. SHe and Patti had much in common lol They took these guys shit for whatever reason. AS far as the letter goes, I know someone who had a baby with a guy that wrote a love letter like that and wanted it back after the baby was born because he did not want to support her and the kid lol She was a little bit smarter she put it in a safe deposit box.
    I feel bad for allinvolved , the little kid that never had his father and then died and the mother who lost her son and for Eric who waited way too long to be a father, too little too late.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    I believe Eric wrote that song as therapy for himself.
    I wish he kept it to himself.

Desertrose Guest
    I admit, it does get alot of airplay!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Wonder how Clapton is with the later children. He is older now, age is a great leveler.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    53 - 4 = 49

WOW! you can do simple math...I am impressed!!

letty1970 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Why are their stories so different?
    I thought the same thing

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Very sad...I remember this...I can't believe it's been 22 years...I was only 13...Now that's a million years ago...I have never been a big Clapton fan but I feel sorry for anyone that loses a child...Even if they aren't the best parent in the world...Gawd knows Connor didn't deserve to die that way...Pure and simple stupidity...I don't give a crap if he fell 12 inches...Its so irresponsible...

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Ich, you are a class act.

Desert, hope there are no hard feelings either.

---At last! The makeup sex!!

cachluv Guest
    Can someone explain the difference to me between looking at autopsy photo's of a child and looking at crime scene photo's of a child?

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    WOW! you can do simple math...I am impressed!!
    Well....it keeps me out of trouble, and it sure beats posing naked in a hallway.

lol
    pull the string!

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Can someone explain the difference to me between looking at autopsy photo's of a child and looking at crime scene photo's of a child?

---Anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see any part of Ich's posts ever making him sound like an idiot.

I also think that the "boo-hoo puke" and "Would you know my na-ame" was referencing the poster's distaste for the song, not Conor himself.
    Ditto! on both counts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

NOVSTORM Guest
    ---Anyone???
    Can't see the difference here. They are dead and I would think the autopsy photos are just as bad as the crime scene. Saw the crime scenes in real life and saw the photos of autopsy and had to go to an autopsy too. NO matter how you look at it Cach it is still a child that we are looking at.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Very sad...I remember this...I can't believe it's been 22 years...I was only 13...Now that's a million years ago...I have never been a big Clapton fan but I feel sorry for anyone that loses a child...Even if they aren't the best parent in the world...Gawd knows Connor didn't deserve to die that way...Pure and simple stupidity...I don't give a crap if he fell 12 inches...Its so irresponsible...

You know on my way to work I see all the high rises and while sitting and waiting for a light to turn green I look up and see a kid about 4? maybe younger sitting on a ledge in one of the aptments. leaning against the screen. We have had 4 kids fall out of windows here this year alone from just that! 2 died. Peple need to close those window or put up saftey bars. There are no ground floor places in those buildings they are all up pretty far even the first floor places. I don;t understand why there are no saftey bars on those windows.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by letty1970 View Post
    I thought the same thing
    Because the mother was there and he wasn't when he fell and break ups are always different to the parties involved, they always see things differently.

SueWahoo Guest
    Well, I wouldn't want to see the pics of Conor's autopsy but I have seen the pics of him on the rooftop.

here's a look inside 117 East 57th Street:

http://www.prudentialelliman.com/802610

could that be the window ??

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    here's a look inside 117 East 57th Street:

http://www.prudentialelliman.com/802610

could that be the window ??
    All the articles said that it was not actually a window, it was more of a "wall"

Also, this apt is a 1 bedroom 760 square feet - that is tiny. There is no way it was Del Santos friends apartment with room for Del Santo, her friend, the kid, the janitor and the nanny.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    All the articles said that it was not actually a window, it was more of a "wall"

Also, this apt is a 1 bedroom 760 square feet - that is tiny. There is no way it was Del Santos friends apartment with room for Del Santo, her friend, the kid, the janitor and the nanny.
    yeah, you are right. here is a 3 bedroom from 117 East 57th Street - the pictures are small but you can see how big the windows are:

http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/sale/106787-condo-117-east-57th-street-midtown-manhattan

selling price: 2.4 million.

note that the windows do not come right down to the floor. the kid probably had to climb over.
    Last edited by cash; 08-17-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    Well, I wouldn't want to see the pics of Conor's autopsy but I have seen the pics of him on the rooftop.
    where?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    where?
    In a German magazine, those people will print anything! I don't think I have the pics, however. I'll let you know if I come across them.

apparently, the mother went on 20/20 in 2006 to discuss the death of her son. It caused some controversy. I missed this.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Heidi/Horsley/prweb434894.htm

Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    In a German magazine, those people will print anything! I don't think I have the pics, however. I'll let you know if I come across them.
    thanks, wahoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Noelle Page Guest
    apparently, the mother went on 20/20 in 2006 to discuss the death of her son. It caused some controversy. I missed this.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Heidi/Horsley/prweb434894.htm
    What was Dr. Horsley's problem with Lori, I wonder?

lisalouver Guest
    yeah, you are right. here is a 3 bedroom from 117 East 57th Street - the pictures are small but you can see how big the windows are:

http://www.streeteasy.com/nyc/sale/106787-condo-117-east-57th-street-midtown-manhattan

selling price: 2.4 million.

note that the windows do not come right down to the floor. the kid probably had to climb over.
    That apt is gorgeous - and much more like what it probably looked like. Think it has changed much?

Wonder what it sold for back in 1991?

RaRaRamona Guest
    There is no difference to me, I wouldn't care to see any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Because the mother was there and he wasn't when he fell and break ups are always different to the parties involved, they always see things differently.
    No, he said she called him screaming & he ran there, she said he walked in & she was crying. They tell totally different stories.

Noelle Page Guest
    Well, such a traumatic event....who knows.....maybe Lori phoned but had no recollection of it...who could blame her?

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Anytime a child dies is just sad and tragic. However, this has always kinda made me wonder about the kid. I might get some crap for this but the kid was 4 right? Why on earth would he run INTO a window? Regardless if it was close or not?!? I have nices/nephews who are 4 and they know better. It's just bizarre.

I'm sorry but I find "Tears in Heaven" annoying as hell.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I've heard Clapton's song at about 15 funerals since the 90's...can't listen to the song anymore.
    ditto.

Guess what? I was on my way downtown to see the play Avenue Q (think Rent meets Sesame Street...it was AWESOME!) and we passed the building he fell from. It was too dark and too fast to take a pic, but I will next week!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Snoopy Guest
    This story horrified me..I can't even imagine! and would never want to..Tears in Heaven reduces me to a puddle of tears every time I hear it.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Anytime a child dies is just sad and tragic. However, this has always kinda made me wonder about the kid. I might get some crap for this but the kid was 4 right? Why on earth would he run INTO a window? Regardless if it was close or not?!? I have nices/nephews who are 4 and they know better. It's just bizarre.

I believe that it wasnt a window, as lisa has said, it was a glass wall, and the maid had just been cleaning it and left it open.

MorbidMolly Guest
    This one is always hard for me......I lost my son almost the exact same time this happened......when Tears In Heaven came out, I could never listen to it without totally losing it........the first year after Dayton`s death is a complete fog......." get over it " seemed to be the manta of everyone around me........I always felt the only people that truly understand are the people that live it......Clapton was there with me.....all the way

Bunnygirl12 Guest
    So sorry for your loss MM...and I'm also so sorry for people's insensitivity to your grief. I'm happy his song helped you.

Smiles...!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    This one is always hard for me......I lost my son almost the exact same time this happened......when Tears In Heaven came out, I could never listen to it without totally losing it........the first year after Dayton`s death is a complete fog......." get over it " seemed to be the manta of everyone around me........I always felt the only people that truly understand are the people that live it......Clapton was there with me.....all the way
    How horrible. I would never be able to get over it. Since this thread started I have had nightmares about my son. I have tried not to read it but for some reason I do.

I am so sorry. Bless you.

THis sucks because it was truly an "accident." You here stories about people being neglectful and calling it an accident, but in this case it sounds like a 30 second decision caused the boys' death. I think that is what makes it so tragic in my mind because that could have been any of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    THis sucks because it was truly an "accident." You here stories about people being neglectful and calling it an accident, but in this case it sounds like a 30 second decision caused the boys' death. I think that is what makes it so tragic in my mind because that could have been any of us.
    and little ones move so fast!
    grabbing a pot of boiling water, dashing behind a car.... so many bad things can happen in the blink of an eye it's scary!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    l'm so sorry to hear that. god bless you.
    l have the hugest respect for anyone who loses a child and doesn't go clinically insane. l don't know that l could make it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tugboat25 Guest
    [quote=Mrs. James Dean;379383]

Right On Target, Mrs. Dean

"Tears In Heaven" = a cringe worthy and tacky musical endeavor.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I read Claptons book.....it seemed very surface to me. Haven't yet read Patti's.

If it's true that Clapton wanted to have the baby with Del Santo, then I am not sure how he thought it would be quiet? It sounds like he was a maniac about silence, that flies out the window with a baby.
    Also, I don't know how she could put up with him not speaking for days at a time, that sounds abusive and weird.

Patty Boyd's book is BORING!!!!!!! Just so you know.

melmoney Guest
    This was such a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented on so many levels.

One thing I couldn't grasp is why Conor ran out of the window. I don't have any children yet, so maybe you parents can give me some insight but wouldn't a 4 1/2 year old know what a window is and not jump out of it? Conor must have been aware that he lived in a high rise building. The only scenario that I could imagine is that he was running/playing and accidentially fell out of the window as opposed to running out of the window. Just a senseless tragedy

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Poor little boy

Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    This was such a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented on so many levels.

One thing I couldn't grasp is why Conor ran out of the window. I don't have any children yet, so maybe you parents can give me some insight but wouldn't a 4 1/2 year old know what a window is and not jump out of it? Conor must have been aware that he lived in a high rise building. The only scenario that I could imagine is that he was running/playing and accidentially fell out of the window as opposed to running out of the window. Just a senseless tragedy
    running and playing, l can totally imagine it happening.
    my daughter will run to the wall to decide where to run next. he probably wasn't imagining the glass wall would just not be there all of a sudden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]