Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell's Kitchen

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Yup, unless she pulls a real dumbass move, I can see her taking it all.

KarmaKat Guest
    Her ego might come into play the longer she stays. We are already seeing it come out in little places. She will have to keep that in check or it will be Bye Bye Andea.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    You are so right, she is getting bolder by the week. I think next week's spoiler showed her getting yelled at by Gordon. Hummmm......

PlumCrazyPurple Guest
    Love this show!!!!

I had to laugh the first episode when Lacey made the comment about being a pretty girl who could cook...something like that. Anyway I was riding my bike when I was watching and had to stop pedaling from laughing.

The towel that Seth was using was revolting. I kept saying to hubby "Look at that thing. How can't Gordon not notice that?" Then suddenly he did!

Oh I could talk about this for hours.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Come on Thursday!!!

KarmaKat Guest
    Lol Friday for me. Gotta watch it on youtube. We are only just starting the last season on our TV. It is so hard not to tell people who won or what happens.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    ahh, so are you on this season now or last years with Petrozza and Jenn (the most annoying woman ever!)?

YAY, Colleen is gone

Cherry Malotte Guest
    Damn it anyway! I'm only thinking on one speed this week and forgot it was on again!

I'm glad to hear that Colleen is gone, how the hell she got on that show is a mystery to me.

Shano Guest
    So Colleen said last night after she was eliminated that she hoped Ramsey could come and cook at her "school".

My hubby laughed so hard at that! lol Maybe I scrolled to quickly through the thread, but does anyone know where she "teaches" at? Wonder if they are going to see a decrease in the amount of students.

marimbagirl Guest
    She teaches out of her house, or at least that's what I gathered. She gives private cooking lessons.

Did you notice how Lacey stepped up to the plate when she was placed on the blue team? Maybe she is one of those women that does not get along with other women?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Perhaps, but I think also she felt the heat, and she knew the guys would not hesitate to get rid of her. I don't think she belongs there. She put a bad taste in my mouth when she refused to do work a couple of episodes before so she could lounge in bed and cry all day, and she whines around and pouts about no one liking her. She doesn't see her whining is what makes her unlikeable.
    Last edited by okidoll; 03-06-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    She teaches out of her house, or at least that's what I gathered. She gives private cooking lessons.

Ugh. Teaches out of her house. No wonder.

I did think it was very funny how they started stashing their screw ups under the prep table and in buckets so they wouldn' t get yelled at.

So what happened after LA and Giovanni picked the people from their teams? My DVR cut off, something made everything off on the timing, it started late so I missed the ending. How did Colleen end up leaving?

It was Andrea and Jay that were selected, but he sent them both back to the line and chose Colleen instead.

You can see it now on youtube. I had the same thing happen to me with my DVR - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmpGnsc_-iw

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I am SO happy that Colleen is gone. What a dumbass she was. I wouldn't want her in my kitchen lol. Now we just gotta get rid of that Lazy Lacey!

I am not overly impressed with anyone this year. They all seem inconsistent as hell.

On another note, does anyone else think Gordon's female Sous Chef looks like Dr. Melfi from the Sopranos?

KarmaKat Guest
    Bye Bye Colleen. Lol so about time she was gone. So Seth last week, Colleen this, so it must be Laceys turn next week.
    Andrea ego is really comming into play now and it is not going to serve her well. Glad Robert didnt go hm but he really annoyed me with all his butt showing etc tonight.
    Lastly am I the only one who is beginging to think J is hot? Now I have said that he will go hm next week lol.

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Bye Bye Colleen. Lol so about time she was gone. So Seth last week, Colleen this, so it must be Laceys turn next week.
    Andrea ego is really comming into play now and it is not going to serve her well. Glad Robert didnt go hm but he really annoyed me with all his butt showing etc tonight.
    Lastly am I the only one who is beginging to think J is hot? Now I have said that he will go hm next week lol.
    No, I think Chef will do an override again if Lazy Lacey isn't put up this week. It seems that they focus on certain people and the boys a lot this season. I've watched every episode and when they showed contestant Paula I'm saying in my head, "where in the hell did she come from?" Most of the people are annoying this season.

cubbiecatz Guest
    Did anyone else love seeing Chef Ramsey and JP in the sumo suits? They were so funny looking.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Yeah Cubz that was so funny. Looked like a great stress reliever LOL
    Sorry Karma, J doesn't do it for me . I think Lacey's time will be up too. I think Gem is right, Gordon will do an override just to get rid of her lazy ass.

KarmaKat Guest
    Unless she actually starts performing like she did last service. She actually did well. Hate to admit that but she did. She wont be able to keep it up for long but I think we got at least 2 more episodes before Lazy Lacey is shown the door.

Part of what keeps me watching is Lacey because she is skating on thin ice. I think Gordon will stretch this out as long as possible...
    Wanna see my grandkids?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    You know, as much I hate to say it I think you are right, Lazy Lacey will be around for a couple more episodes. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyPurple View Post
    Love this show!!!!

I had to laugh the first episode when Lacey made the comment about being a pretty girl who could cook...something like that. Anyway I was riding my bike when I was watching and had to stop pedaling from laughing.

The towel that Seth was using was revolting. I kept saying to hubby "Look at that thing. How can't Gordon not notice that?" Then suddenly he did!

Oh I could talk about this for hours.
    I agree with you on all counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    I am not overly impressed with anyone this year. They all seem inconsistent as hell.

On another note, does anyone else think Gordon's female Sous Chef looks like Dr. Melfi from the Sopranos?
    Yes they do, and I've also thought that she looks like Dr. Melfi.

On a somewhat side note, I met Petrozza from last season the other day. He was at a culinary conference I attended, he's working as the chef for a sundried tomato company. I was talking to him for almost 15 minutes before I realized who he was, I initially thought he was someone I'd met at a previous food show.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaT View Post
    Yes they do, and I've also thought that she looks like Dr. Melfi.

On a somewhat side note, I met Petrozza from last season the other day. He was at a culinary conference I attended, he's working as the chef for a sundried tomato company. I was talking to him for almost 15 minutes before I realized who he was, I initially thought he was someone I'd met at a previous food show.
    That is cool, he is my favorite contestant of all time for HK. Was he a nice guy?

KarmaKat Guest
    I really hope he was a nice guy. He just came across like that on TV

He was a very, very nice guy. Very friendly and personable. This was at the trade show portion of the conference while everyone was setting up, he stopped at our booth and asked me a question about some equipment. Then we just started talking about the conference. I asked him if he'd been to this conference before and if we'd met at another conference or show, and then I said "Petrozza" and we both started laughing. He said that when people tell him they recognize him from tv, he usually says "yeah, you probably saw me get arrested on Cops."

The last time that happened to me at a food show, it was with Andrew Zimmern. Almost exactly the same thing, we started talking, I thought I knew him from somewhere and then it hit me. This was after his Bizarre Foods special but before it became a regular series.

At this same conference last week, Richard Blaise from Top Chef conducted one of the educational sessions. He was nice but a little standoffish, I honestly think he was a little uncomfortable - his audience was mostly composed of people who have been doing the "molecular gastronomy" thing for years. He seemed to like the food at our booth, so I guess that was good.

As for this week's Hell's Kitchen, thank GOD Colleen is gone. She really got on my last nerve.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Petrozza seems like such a nice guy. Thanks for all that info MamaT. Now I know he is a good guy. Nice to know

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'm sure that I'll eventually be sadly disappointed by future performances....but at this point, I gotta admit that I'm pulling for Danny....maybe it is due to loyalty of geography or something like that. (or MAYBE it is because I think he's kinda cute)

suicide_blonde Guest
    I haven't yet found anyone I really want to root for, but I know for damn sure it isn't Andrea. I can't stand that bitch. I dislike LA also, I'd like to yank her out of the kitchen by her damn labret ring.

If Lacey continues to improve, I'll probably be on her side. She got off to a rough start, but I'll wait and see.

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I'm sure that I'll eventually be sadly disappointed by future performances....but at this point, I gotta admit that I'm pulling for Danny....maybe it is due to loyalty of geography or something like that. (or MAYBE it is because I think he's kinda cute)
    I love Danny. He has beautiful eyes. I just wish he would cut his hair.

suicide_blonde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiecatz View Post
    I love Danny. He has beautiful eyes. I just wish he would cut his hair.
    I'm a restaurant cook, and that long hair drives me insane! I loved it when Ramsay made Charlie cut off that stupid beard, but I wish he'd make LA take out her facial metal. You aren't supposed to have those things in a real restaurant, why should a tv kitchen be any different?

KarmaKat Guest
    I agree. Whats up with not everyone wearing a hat also. Over here you have to wear a hat in the kitchen at all times no matter what you are doing. Is it not the same over there?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Maybe the hats are a replacement for hairnets.

cubbiecatz Guest
    I think the dropping of the cake looked staged

gemini33 Guest
    I think the dropping of the cake looked staged
    I think the whole party planner guy is staged.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Me too.
    Coi deserved to go tonight....when you can't cook a burger, you need to go.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    I think the whole party planner guy is staged.
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! That dude was staged, costumed, scripted & made up to appear as the next Liberace. I LOVED when LA said, "I'm gay...but he is parade gay!" Talk about a sterotype. Whether the cake drop was planned or not, I wish that miss thaaaaanng would have fallen into it. I was so prepared for that....and then the obligatory line from "Priscilla".
    Mitzi: [to Felicia] Bernice has left her cake out in the rain!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    LOL DJ
    You know, Andrea used to be my favorite but her attitude or perhaps her true colours are showing through. Man is she conceited! She really thinks she is the Goddess of the kitchen. I can't stand conceited people. I think that will be her down fall. She will mess up because she doesn't listen and doesn't think she can do any wrong.
    I still rooting for Robert. Love him

suicide_blonde Guest
    Dammit, I forgot it was on tonight!! I'll catch it online tomorrow.

Coi got whacked? Good, I didn't like that bitch anyway.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    She started strong but has been falling the past couple weeks. It was her time to go.

I agree with Coi going. The dumb girl that put the Blue Cheese in the Burgers probably should be booted on principle. Any Chef worth a damn would know that Blue Cheese is too harsh a flavor for an immature palate.

Sure the cake drop was staged, the camera was right there. Giving JP a nemesis makes for great TV.

I like Robert the best so far. He may not be the most technical but he seems trustworthy and has heart.
    Last edited by Inked_Daddy; 03-13-2009 at 10:52 AM.

I never did catch why JP didn't like the party planner guy. Does anyone know?

I wish "J" on the blue team would quit talking about himself in the third person. Karma doesn't like that.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Something that I have been noticing is that they are sweating and it is running off. You know that has to be getting into the food. EWW!!! Wipe your damn head, and yes, wearing hats would help that. Nasty....

That whole JP think was ridiculous. I like my French men cold and aloof. I don't need to see him get into a bitch fight.

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I never did catch why JP didn't like the party planner guy. Does anyone know?

I wish "J" on the blue team would quit talking about himself in the third person. Karma doesn't like that.

The party planner guy has been on every season and he pesters JP and gets too involved in "playing" at the party instead of working. He just always acts stupid and gets in JP's way.

The party planner guy has been on every season and he pesters JP and gets too involved in "playing" at the party instead of working. He just always acts stupid and gets in JP's way.
    Okay that's why he looked familiar! Thanks Cubbie.
    Wanna see my grandkids?