Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seven dead at UCSB

My son actually goes to UCSB but I knew he was on an airplane heading across the country when this happened thank God. Still, its been interesting to get the somewhat inside scoop from his friends. None of them knew him so I dont mean I have any real details about him or anything. Had he gone through with his original April 25th date, before he caught a virus, then my son would have been in danger as he walks that path almost everyday sometimes while talking to me on the phone. Scary! I did get a link to that manifesto right away though and yes, hours of reading....

I think everyone here that read it has a great opinion on it. I agree with everyone. Interesting how fixated he was with the blonde hair fetish. Maybe thats a California signature thing and being that he was Eurasian he coveted that. He even had his hair bleached twice while he was a little kid...I think still in elementary school, which I think is kind of bizarre.

And I think he actually threw coffee on several people including at starbucks one time..and then the super soaker full of orange juice. He did try and throw girls off the balcony and got tossed off himself and beaten up. He broke his ankle in the fall and had to go to his mothers house to heal and that also postponed his plans for this rampage behind schedule. I think he ended up resenting his mother mostly because she would not marry the rich men she dated and he so wanted and felt entitled to living as a wealthy kid and he always felt ashamed and poor compared to his peers.

Also, a scary part was how he was planning to kill his little half brother because he didnt want that kid growing up having the life he always wanted socially, sexually, and materially. He thought he would show up his own legacy or something like that even though he admitted the kid was the only person on earth that actually looked up to him and respected him. He thought the kid would grow up to be the same kind of person he hated. He also wanted to kill his step mother but I saw her on the french version of the real housewives show and anyone would want to kill her! bleh! He gets a pass on that one.

I noticed that the press is seeking out the people he mentioned and interviewing some of them. The black guy named lucky (same name as his dog) said that he was really quiet and never spoke unless spoken to and then in one word answers. Some other guy from his past said the same thing and that he would just sit and mope and everyone thought he was a buzz kill. That girl whose brother became an actor and who was so mean to him and he had a crush on, the one who he blames the hatred of women started with... says she doesnt even remember him. I bet she does but I had a look at her face book page the first day and thought what a messed up girl she is. Her pictures and language shows a pathetic plastic lost girl. Pretty much everything this guy talks about. All I can say is he didnt miss anything by rejection from that one. Sorry, I dont usually say bad things about other women but he was spot on with this girl. She is most likely a bully. Mind you, I do not excuse his actions at all or his problems.

And, yeah, I want more details about his roommates. Maybe he did drug them. Hard to believe they would be asleep or drunk at 9 pm but that's assuming he didn't kill them the night before. He only mentions two so I don't know why the third one was there. I've read reports that he was also living there but he wasn't on the lease and the manifesto does not mention him living there. There was an incident with one of them stealing Elliott's candles. The police got involved and the guy pleaded guilty so I guess he did do it. The parents of one of them said their son was moving out after spring quarter because Elliot played loud music at night.

One of victims that lived was hit by his car while on his skate board and has two broken legs and looks completely battered. He doesn't even go to school there and was visiting his friend who also got hit and survived but was on a bike. Another male survivor was hit in the arm with a bullet outside the deli. No word on the other sorority girl who was shot but lived. I imagine we will hear more in the next week from the survivors.

Another thing I cant understand about his parents is that they never seemed to clue into the fact that he habitually dropped classes at every school he went to. How could they not know? They were paying for everything as he refused to get a job for longer than 48 hours...he thought everything was beneath him or too much work. He probably could have become a writer but once he learned that writers dont become wealthy until their middle age then he lost ambition as he wanted instant wealth so he took to playing the lottery. It is strange that he put himself into an environment that was just riddled with the very things that triggered his madness further but I guess part of his illness was that he didnt want to get better kind of like the devil you know. Or maybe he thought being around all the party sex and drug fueled atmosphere would help him mix into it? Maybe he just was lost and didn't know what to do or where to go? I think his parents were in a tough spot but I also think they dropped the ball a few times. Seems he was really good at manipulating them..especially his mother and his dad was just mostly absent or focused on the mistress turned stepmonster or his career. His mother was also invested in her career and dating but seemed to be there for him more but they bounced him back and forth which was not healthy. He was clearly special needs from the start and didn't get what he needed which is a full time parent and stability for starters. I cant help but notice the misplaced values or lack of values and lack of spiritual health in both homes. I married into a family like that ...chasing the glamor, wealth, and social scene instead of child rearing as priority. Two of the three kids are now dead from years of emotional struggle and drug abuse. I hope Im not projecting too much but seriously...these are cautionary tales. Will we ever learn?
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Wendy A. Guest
    I saw an interview yesterday with a guy that lived across the street from him, and he said that him and his roommates tried several different times to befriend him, even inviting him to parties they had but he never came to any. I'm with y'all on how did he manage to kill all 3 of his roommates. They had to have been asleep or drunk, otherwise I don't see how he did it. I see this little creep as one of "those" guys who always hit on girls they know they have no chance in hell with. Or maybe he was gay but in denial, he was going out specifically to kill blonde girls... He ended up killing 4 males and 2 females.
    baroque1, excellent post, and I'm so glad your son was on a plane at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the manifesto. I have my own thoughts on it, which I will post when I am dome slogging through it. For now I will say I agree about the total lack of empathy. It's ironic to me that I am typing words on this blog about this narcissistic loser on a day dedicated to those who were willing to sacrifice everything for their country.

Anyway, thanks for your insights, Sierra Rose...

Thanks, and thanks to Baroque 1 for making this available.

Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    slogging through is right... I'm only on page 71 (halfway through) and he's 19, so the whole rest of it is going to be misery, I'm sure. It's going to remind me of attempting to read Mein Kampf. I will need a king-sized Hershey bar afterwards to pull me out of the slump.

I'm amazed by people who remember details of their life when they were 4. Perhaps the stories were recounted to him? He has a way with words, as if a professional writer. Lots of red flags starting to go up. I think the parents shuffled him around too much.... don't think that kind of thing is good for some kids.

I think you noted something with him being shuffled from house to house growing up. He was moved regularly between the parents but his mom seemed to have had move a lot since the divorce (economic reasons). Even more so, the rules were somewhat different between the parents' households. i'm not taking sides but he was very aware of it and somewhat manipulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I saw an interview yesterday with a guy that lived across the street from him, and he said that him and his roommates tried several different times to befriend him, even inviting him to parties they had but he never came to any. I'm with y'all on how did he manage to kill all 3 of his roommates. They had to have been asleep or drunk, otherwise I don't see how he did it. I see this little creep as one of "those" guys who always hit on girls they know they have no chance in hell with. Or maybe he was gay but in denial, he was going out specifically to kill blonde girls... He ended up killing 4 males and 2 females.
    baroque1, excellent post, and I'm so glad your son was on a plane at the time!
    The thing is, assuming he is telling the truth in the manifesto, he DIDN'T hit on the girls he was supposedly attracted to. He just saw them, got pissed off when he saw they were with men he described as "obnoxious", got mad, and left. He rants and raves about the women who "rejected" him, but he never really gave them a chance to reject him. In the VAST majority of times he describes running into a woman he is attracted to, there also just happens to be a guy there with her at the time. Which is part of the reason I wonder if it was really about the girls.

An article to rile up the women out there in regards to that POS:

http://www.returnofkings.com/36135/n...r-learned-game

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    An article to rile up the women out there in regards to that POS:

http://www.returnofkings.com/36135/n...r-learned-game
    SMH. Go to Nevada for Christ's sake. *L*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

seems very gay, probably just angry about that.

He was mentally ill. There is no asking "why" or "how" in those cases. Maybe someday we will quit thinking that police officers can judge whether someone is mentally ill or not.

Parents were 100% to blame for this. Kids are not a new luggage set to move around as you please. This kid never had a chance of being able to form healthy relationships. His parents were too concerned about themselves and their own lives. Then they stick their head in the sand and do nothing to help him even though he was screaming for help for a long time. That is how a narcissistic is created...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Parents were 100% to blame for this. Kids are not a new luggage set to move around as you please. This kid never had a chance of being able to form healthy relationships. His parents were too concerned about themselves and their own lives. Then they stick their head in the sand and do nothing to help him even though he was screaming for help for a long time. That is how a narcissistic is created...
    this kid was just messed up, this family didn't do anything crazy that doesn't happen to tons of other kids. He had something deeper going on and on the surface decided to blame women for his issues. He should have just used some of daddy's money to hire some prostitutes if he was looking for attention, this wasn't about the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    this kid was just messed up, this family didn't do anything crazy that doesn't happen to tons of other kids. He had something deeper going on and on the surface decided to blame women for his issues. He should have just used some of daddy's money to hire some prostitutes if he was looking for attention, this wasn't about the girls.
    This kid was definitely messed up. I think his parents just added to his craziness by turning a blind eye. I rarely blame video games for anything, but I think they added to whatever was wrong with him. Gave him a way to just hide and brood.

I think this kid had social skills, but just fell apart when he entered high school and his parents allowed him to further become isolated.

They were too busy traveling the world and hiring nannies. Hell they couldn't even keep an eye on their baby. It is sure tough being a parent when you hire people to raise your kids.
    Last edited by Miho; 05-27-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This kid was definitely messed up. I think his parents just added to his craziness by turning a blind eye. I rarely blame video games for anything, but I think they added to whatever was wrong with him. Gave him a way to just hide and brood.

I think this kid had social skills, but just fell apart when he entered high school and his parents allowed him to further become isolated.

They were too busy traveling the world and hiring nannies. Hell they couldn't even keep an eye on their baby. It is sure tough being a parent when you hire people to raise your kids.
    I mean, did they turn a blind eye? is that what the news is reporting? after a certain point as a young adult you need to take stock in your own happiness and development and not blame others. From watching these videos he just comes across as a weak minded narcissistic jerk off that should have just found some hobbies and not focused so much on how he looked and what other guys had that he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I'm so glad your niece was being responsible and studying. She definitely seems to fit his target profile.
    She attended three years and will graduate with honors. I hate that this will be one of her last, and probably most remembered events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I mean, did they turn a blind eye? is that what the news is reporting? after a certain point as a young adult you need to take stock in your own happiness and development and not blame others. From watching these videos he just comes across as a weak minded narcissistic jerk off that should have just found some hobbies and not focused so much on how he looked and what other guys had that he didn't.
    I've been reading his ranting "manifesto" so I am trying to take things with a grain of salt. God does he whine a lot. "Waaaa my life is so horrible. I'm not rich enough and sometimes I have to wait three days until my parents buy me what I want."

But one thing I am picking up on is the lack of parental involvement. They shuffled him around like a rented DVD. The kid had nothing concrete in his life and when he finally put down some positive roots he was ripped up again because his dad blew money on a movie or stopped paying child support to this mom. Or when he became too troubled (aka too much trouble) they sent him to live in Morocco with his step mom. Why should they have to support and deal with their messed up kid? Isn't there a nanny for that? I can't be bothered with this when I have crappy movies to direct, 8 weeks European vacations to take, and a new house to buy.

I totally agree, this had nothing to do with girls. This had everything to do with a kid that felt like no one in his life gave a crap about him. They couldn't even be bothered to have the sex talk with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What a loser. Bill Gates is a complete nerd who probably didn't get laid until he was older, and he turned out okay! Self-centered bullshit, and talk about an unbelievably awful view of women in general: that they're basically commodities or prizes for being a deserving guy. I hope he's eventually forgotten, as he deserves to be. I refuse to read his manifesto or watch the videos. I completely understand the urge to try and understand what made this pos tick, so know I'm only speaking for myself and I'm cool with whatever people need to do for themselves. That's just me; I'll just get high blood pressure and a queasy stomach out of the experience. It's too bad he had such an ego that he had to take a bunch of innocent people out first!

[QUOTE=Aries65;1453856]An article to rile up the women out there in regards to that POS:

http://www.returnofkings.com/36135/n...r-learned-game[/QUOTE

"Manosphere"

Christ what a pack of losers

Buy an "auto suck" asshats

Finally finished the manifesto. The one common thread is the narcissism. I am not sure who he expected his audience to be, but he seemed to feel that literally everything that ever happened to him would be of interest to the reader. Given that most of the events he describes are variations on just a couple of themes, it is very repetitive and mostly uninteresting after a while.

I do think he was a deeply closeted self-hating gay man who was angry at women not because he couldn't have them, but because he was jealous of them. He constantly talks about all these hot blondes, but never really describes most of them other than their hair color and that they were "hot". At the very end, he describes his utopia as a world only occupied by men, with a few women kept underground for breeding purposes, who would be artificially inseminated but never actually seen. Seems like an odd thing for a horny heterosexual guy to say, but perhaps that's just me.

But the narcissism is what's most prevalent in the manifesto. I will share a couple of quotes that leaped out at me:

He describes watching his brother fall into a pool, and his own reaction after rushing over to save him: “Every second of my brother’s life, everything that happens to him in the future, will exist because I pulled him out of the water that day.” God complex much? And this is the same brother he later decided to kill because he was afraid of him becoming a bigger success with women!

His father invested a lot of money in his directorial debut. When it failed, his finances took a hit. Does the kid express sympathy? No. After criticizing his father's "stupid" decision to follow his dreams, he adds this comment: "“What a bitter coincidence, that right at the point when my life fell even deeper into agony, my father is cursed with this financial crisis. Right at the time when I needed my father’s support the most, he lost all of his assets. It was as if some malevolent being cursed me with bad luck.”

He also constantly tried to talk his mother into marrying one of the wealthy men she met, because it would improve his financial profile and make it more likely he would attract a mate. His mom's refusal to marry for money is characterized as "selfish".

And how about this? He describes trying to say hi to a girl at the age of 19, and her failure to acknowledge his greeting: “I felt so humiliated that I went to one of the school bathrooms, locked myself in a toilet stall, and cried for an hour.” He was NINETEEN! Where I come from, that's a grown-ass man.

And he does address the question of paying for a prostitute, which a few people have brought up: “It temporarily feels good for the moment, but afterward it makes one feel like a pathetic loser for having to hire a girl when other men could get the experience for free.” But of course, he already felt like a pathetic loser, and if he REALLY wanted to get up close and personal with a vagina...? Plenty of hot blonde prostitutes, right? Unless maybe his true interests lay elsewhere.

Anyway, I guess I'll stop there. I just thought you guys might find those quotes interesting.

I will say this, though: The little shit could write.
    Last edited by Upset; 05-27-2014 at 02:26 PM.

I missed the whole second page somehow..this was in response to choff's post.

Well, I've already done that and lots of other people have too, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I actually didn't realize he had killed his roommates too. I had just heard about the shooting. I guess I didn't make it that far in his manifesto. I'll admit that I haven't read too many stories about it (obviously). I did hear that he has Asberger's. Is that true or are people just guessing at that too?

upset, I agree with your post for the most part. He could write in the sense that he could use big words, etc... but as you said, the story is horribly repetitive and might I add, overly dramatic. This kid is a total drama queen and everything else you said.. narcissistic, God complex, total pussy (and I hate using that word but it totally fits with the crying in the bathroom for an hour bit) and I agree 100% on the gay thing. I thought the same thing, that he was jealous of these girls, not of the guys. It seems that he was always upset when his boy friends would drift away from him and have other friends, he admits being jealous about that, and I think it's bigger than just missing his friend. He seemed to be infatuated with many of the boys he wrote about from his childhood. I'm sure he hated that he wasn't like them, too, not because he couldn't get the girl, he didn't really want the girl.

I wrote before there are lots of similarities to my friend who was in the closet for a very long time. He'd always fall hopelessly "in love" with the girl he could never get. But it was a safety thing for him, because he didn't really want them. Luckily he wasn't a complete psycho like this guy and eventually was able to be his true self.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 05-27-2014 at 02:49 PM.

desertangel Guest
    The manifesto also made repeated references to puberty being the major shift. Several serious psychological problems show up at puberty. He referenced several psychiatrists and a prescription head med. The many nannies, fights with friends, trips abroad were most likely the parents attempting to deal with a tough case. The Kennedy's committed their tough case, then approved a lobotomy for her. I feel for the parents, I would bet they are having a very hard time of it right now. I would not have wanted to be them. However, I do think they needed a bigger set of balls to have dealt with him. The stepmom tried. He was most likely oppositionally defiant too.

Finally finished the manifesto. The one common thread is the narcissism. I am not sure who he expected his audience to be, but he seemed to feel that literally everything that ever happened to him would be of interest to the reader. Given that most of the events he describes are variations on just a couple of themes, it is very repetitive and mostly uninteresting after a while.

I do think he was a deeply closeted self-hating gay man who was angry at women not because he couldn't have them, but because he was jealous of them. He constantly talks about all these hot blondes, but never really describes most of them other than their hair color and that they were "hot". At the very end, he describes his utopia as a world only occupied by men, with a few women kept underground for breeding purposes, who would be artificially inseminated but never actually seen. Seems like an odd thing for a horny heterosexual guy to say, but perhaps that's just me.

But the narcissism is what's most prevalent in the manifesto. I will share a couple of quotes that leaped out at me:

He describes watching his brother fall into a pool, and his own reaction after rushing over to save him: “Every second of my brother’s life, everything that happens to him in the future, will exist because I pulled him out of the water that day.” God complex much? And this is the same brother he later decided to kill because he was afraid of him becoming a bigger success with women!

His father invested a lot of money in his directorial debut. When it failed, his finances took a hit. Does the kid express sympathy? No. After criticizing his father's "stupid" decision to follow his dreams, he adds this comment: "“What a bitter coincidence, that right at the point when my life fell even deeper into agony, my father is cursed with this financial crisis. Right at the time when I needed my father’s support the most, he lost all of his assets. It was as if some malevolent being cursed me with bad luck.”

He also constantly tried to talk his mother into marrying one of the wealthy men she met, because it would improve his financial profile and make it more likely he would attract a mate. His mom's refusal to marry for money is characterized as "selfish".

And how about this? He describes trying to say hi to a girl at the age of 19, and her failure to acknowledge his greeting: “I felt so humiliated that I went to one of the school bathrooms, locked myself in a toilet stall, and cried for an hour.” He was NINETEEN! Where I come from, that's a grown-ass man.

And he does address the question of paying for a prostitute, which a few people have brought up: “It temporarily feels good for the moment, but afterward it makes one feel like a pathetic loser for having to hire a girl when other men could get the experience for free.”

Anyway, I guess I'll stop there. I just thought you guys might find those quotes interesting.

I will say this, though: The little shit could write.
    Fantastic posts from everyone regarding the manifesto- thanks for sharing so many impressions and opinions. It's most appreciated, especially since I have a short attention span and have not been able to slog through the whole thing yet. Besides the endless narcissism, IMO the guy was completely delusional....seriously, he drove hundreds of miles and spent several hundred dollars a pop to play the lottery, convinced and believing he was going to win it and live happily ever after??? Huh??? WTFFFF??? No amount of money or wealth would have ever made any difference in his life or behavior- zero. ITA that he could write....too bad he tossed it aside as a possible career path since it probably wouldn't earn him any money until middle age. Yep, it's a given in his fucked up world that a 20 year old begins at the top as a star CEO....just wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

http://gauchocast.ucsb.edu/events/livehd/ live streaming memorial happening now
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I missed the whole second page somehow..this was in response to choff's post.

Well, I've already done that and lots of other people have too, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I actually didn't realize he had killed his roommates too. I had just heard about the shooting. I guess I didn't make it that far in his manifesto. I'll admit that I haven't read too many stories about it (obviously). I did hear that he has Asberger's. Is that true or are people just guessing at that too?

upset, I agree with your post for the most part. He could write in the sense that he could use big words, etc... but as you said, the story is horribly repetitive and might I add, overly dramatic. This kid is a total drama queen and everything else you said.. narcissistic, God complex, total pussy (and I hate using that word but it totally fits with the crying in the bathroom for an hour bit) and I agree 100% on the gay thing. I thought the same thing, that he was jealous of these girls, not of the guys. It seems that he was always upset when his boy friends would drift away from him and have other friends, he admits being jealous about that, and I think it's bigger than just missing his friend. He seemed to be infatuated with many of the boys he wrote about from his childhood. I'm sure he hated that he wasn't like them, too, not because he couldn't get the girl, he didn't really want the girl.

I wrote before there are lots of similarities to my friend who was in the closet for a very long time. He'd always fall hopelessly "in love" with the girl he could never get. But it was a safety thing for him, because he didn't really want them. Luckily he wasn't a complete psycho like this guy and eventually was able to be his true self.

We were talking about this tragedy at work today and one of my co-workers actually compared the actions of Elliott Rodger to that of George Pierre "Jo Jo" Hennard. He was the shooter who killed 23 at a Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas back in 1991...and like Rodgers he too had a problem with women..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_massacre

If memory serves correctly and I could be wrong about it since it's been 23 years since that tragic event but I believe it came out shortly after the Luby's massacre that Hennard was a gay man who hated being gay which resulted in his anger towards women since he couldn't get turned on by females. As for Rodger being gay...dunno..I am on the fence with that one. He may very well be but on the other hand a gay man who is in his early 20's and who is still a virgin and living in a state such as California where for example Palm Springs has several of those so-called clothing optional all male resorts where many gay men of all backgrounds tend to fawn over the younger ones such as those who are the same age of the shooter....I guess the idea that Elliott Rodger being a gay man and a virgin could be a bit far fetched for some folks.

The thing is I don't think he would have ever put himself in that situation, or probably ever even allowed himself to entertain the thought of being with men. I don't even necessarily know if he really would have identified himself as gay or just had lots of frustrations about those feelings he was having and the bottled up with any other injustice he feels he was served. If he really was gay I have no doubt in my mind that if he had acknowledged it he would have found a world that accepted him for himself. But for whatever reason he did not do that.

Wendy A. Guest
    The thing is, assuming he is telling the truth in the manifesto, he DIDN'T hit on the girls he was supposedly attracted to. He just saw them, got pissed off when he saw they were with men he described as "obnoxious", got mad, and left. He rants and raves about the women who "rejected" him, but he never really gave them a chance to reject him. In the VAST majority of times he describes running into a woman he is attracted to, there also just happens to be a guy there with her at the time. Which is part of the reason I wonder if it was really about the girls.
    That makes him even odder (to me anyway) I didn't read the manifesto.. I started to until I saw it was 140 pages, I just haven't had the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    That makes him even odder (to me anyway) I didn't read the manifesto.. I started to until I saw it was 140 pages, I just haven't had the time.
    Understandable. And it is very repetitive. If you don't have time to read the whole thing, I would say maybe pick 5 pages at random around the middle, and then maybe read the last 30 pages or so, where he talks about the planning for the Day of Retribution. In the early parts he talks about his childhood, and this was not all that revealing to me, although he certainly seems to have been a weird kid. In the middle is where he talks about puberty, and his struggles with trying to attract a girl. The reason I suggested 5 pages at random is that he basically keeps telling the same story over and over. The stuff at the end was the most interesting to me, because he got into the nuts and bolts of how he was going to carry out the massacre. But not reading any of it at all is certainly a valid option too.

I am only about halfway through right now. After puberty everything seems to change. Even how he wrote about his life. It shows his decent into madness. He just gets more and more angry, resentful, and delusional.

Just a thought and I mean no judgement by this, but I have heard lots of references that he was going after girls out of his league. Why does society say something like that? How is one person out of another person's league? So what if they are super pretty and or rich?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been reading his ranting "manifesto" so I am trying to take things with a grain of salt. God does he whine a lot. "Waaaa my life is so horrible. I'm not rich enough and sometimes I have to wait three days until my parents buy me what I want."

But one thing I am picking up on is the lack of parental involvement. They shuffled him around like a rented DVD. The kid had nothing concrete in his life and when he finally put down some positive roots he was ripped up again because his dad blew money on a movie or stopped paying child support to this mom. Or when he became too troubled (aka too much trouble) they sent him to live in Morocco with his step mom. Why should they have to support and deal with their messed up kid? Isn't there a nanny for that? I can't be bothered with this when I have crappy movies to direct, 8 weeks European vacations to take, and a new house to buy.

I totally agree, this had nothing to do with girls. This had everything to do with a kid that felt like no one in his life gave a crap about him. They couldn't even be bothered to have the sex talk with him.
    Yeah, it seems the combination of busy parent and psycho child was a deadly blend here. Some parents can be less hands on and focus on their careers while they have more independent/level headed children that may grow to be socially awkward but would never do what this waste did.

He killed his brother? or he wanted to kill his brother?

And he does address the question of paying for a prostitute, which a few people have brought up: “It temporarily feels good for the moment, but afterward it makes one feel like a pathetic loser for having to hire a girl when other men could get the experience for free.” But of course, he already felt like a pathetic loser, and if he REALLY wanted to get up close and personal with a vagina...? Plenty of hot blonde prostitutes, right? Unless maybe his true interests lay elsewhere.
    yeah, as they say... you pay for it one way or another. This kid was just delusional and was burying some much deeper issues. Also, he died a virgin so he has no idea how paying for it may have helped ease his mind a bit.

Just a thought and I mean no judgement by this, but I have heard lots of references that he was going after girls out of his league. Why does society say something like that? How is one person out of another person's league? So what if they are super pretty and or rich?
    yeah, I've heard girls say if guys would just have the balls to talk to them they would go on dates with them regardless of whatever league they were in. I'm sure there are plenty of bitches though that would just turn a guy down because of his social status or whatever which is why guys are hesitant in the first place.
    Last edited by Jason; 05-30-2014 at 07:25 AM.

A writer for the Washington Post is blaming the whole thing on the sexist attitude of the media, specifically Judd Apatow movies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...bcf_story.html

"How many students watch outsized frat-boy fantasies like “Neighbors” and feel, as Rodger did, unjustly shut out of college life that should be full of “sex and fun and pleasure”? How many men, raised on a steady diet of Judd Apatow comedies in which the shlubby arrested adolescent always gets the girl, find that those happy endings constantly elude them and conclude, “It’s not fair”?"

Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow are understandably calling BS on the whole idea.

Sometimes horrible tragedies happen, trying to assign blame doesn't work. Are the Beatles blamed for the Manson Murders? Didn't Robert Bardo cite influence by U2's Joshua Tree album when he shot Rebecca Schaeffer? And don't forget Mark David Chapman having a copy of Catcher in the Rye in his possession when he shot John Lennon.

Oh Jesus, it's spreading. Now groups of self described nerds and pick up artists are identifying with him.

http://news.yahoo.com/santa-barbara-...opstories.html

"It's a standard frustrated angry geeky guy manifesto, except for the part about mass murder,"

Yeah, except for the murder part.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 05-28-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I'm all for women's rights and I personally find the frat boy-type movies not entertaining at all, but blaming movies or video games or books for this guy's rampage is as ridiculous as all the examples you mention, Wrath! This writer obviously was just looking for an opportunity to get on her soapbox about "Neighbors" and the like. It's a gimmick to get people's attention and frankly belittles the actual issue of women's rights. I saw another article that tried to blame "The Hunger Games" movies, and by extension the books, for this kid's rampage, especially with the connection of his father being one of the assistant directors on the first movie. Apparently, the author of that article didn't bother to watch the films or read any of the books, because the whole theme of them is how we lose our humanity by setting up a culture with that sort of violence being glorified, and in the end it only serves the people behind the scenes pulling the strings, not the people actually putting themselves on the line. Anyone watching the films or reading the books with any sort of understanding or depth would get that. Anyway, tangent. Simplifying what "caused" this kid to snap is insulting to all of the various issues at play, and there are many, clearly.

Just hit page 100, but had to say this. This kid was a self fulfilling prophecy. He thought that he never had a chance with girls or making friends so that is exactly what happened. His akward and violent behavior pushed people away and he blamed them and not himself. Hell how many people want to be your friend when all you do is bitch and moan about being a virgin and talking about how you want to peel their flesh off. Sex was his obsession and being with someone was his only goal in life. He didn't love himself at all so how was he suppose to love another?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just hit page 100, but had to say this. This kid was a self fulfilling prophecy. He thought that he never had a chance with girls or making friends so that is exactly what happened. His akward and violent behavior pushed people away and he blamed them and not himself. Hell how many people want to be your friend when all you do is bitch and moan about being a virgin and talking about how you want to peel their flesh off. Sex was his obsession and being with someone was his only goal in life. He didn't love himself at all so how was he suppose to love another?
    Fabulous post Miho- after slogging through the whole 140 pages, ITA with you on every point. Your synopsis says it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Fabulous post Miho- after slogging through the whole 140 pages, ITA with you on every point. Your synopsis says it all.
    Thank you Cynful. :-) His views were just totally unrealistic. He was definitely mentally ill. He thought that everyone had sex all the time. Everyone was either a jock or a slutty blonde. He thought everyone hated him and IMHO people fed off his energy. His misery probably radiated off of him. That is what caused girls to not approach him. He probably looked like an insane serial killer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Cynful. :-) His views were just totally unrealistic. He was definitely mentally ill. He thought that everyone had sex all the time. Everyone was either a jock or a slutty blonde. He thought everyone hated him and IMHO people fed off his energy. His misery probably radiated off of him. That is what caused girls to not approach him. He probably looked like an insane serial killer.
    You're welcome Miho. Yes, his blanket generalizations, superiority God complex and obsession with massive wealth surely dogged him like a plague. Who the hell would enjoy or be attracted to that? He never even tried to build any kind of relationships, but just expected everyone (and everything) to come to him. Completely delusional. One thing I found to be really odd was him constantly telling his mother that she MUST marry an incredibly wealthy man for HIS sake and calling her selfish for refusing to do so. WTF??? He always got his way, but not with that....actually, even if that had have happened, why on earth would he think an unrelated person would just start giving him unlimited money and other things?? Wow....he probably would have ended up killing his mom (who did more for him than anyone) for messing up his wealth and riches marriage plan. Talk about an effed up mind and warped perspective on every aspect of life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    You're welcome Miho. Yes, his blanket generalizations, superiority God complex and obsession with massive wealth surely dogged him like a plague. Who the hell would enjoy or be attracted to that? He never even tried to build any kind of relationships, but just expected everyone (and everything) to come to him. Completely delusional. One thing I found to be really odd was him constantly telling his mother that she MUST marry an incredibly wealthy man for HIS sake and calling her selfish for refusing to do so. WTF??? He always got his way, but not with that....actually, even if that had have happened, why on earth would he think an unrelated person would just start giving him unlimited money and other things?? Wow....he probably would have ended up killing his mom (who did more for him than anyone) for messing up his wealth and riches marriage plan. Talk about an effed up mind and warped perspective on every aspect of life.
    Did you find irony in the fact that he wanted his mom to marry someone rich to better his life, but he judged women as superficial creatures that only cared about wealth?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did you find irony in the fact that he wanted his mom to marry someone rich to better his life, but he judged women as superficial creatures that only cared about wealth?
    Yes, quite ironic that he wanted his mother to be exactly the same kind of woman as all those whom he judged and despised, but of course it would have been acceptable as long as it benefitted him. Him, him, him and more him....how would he have ever had time for anyone else? No relationship (family, friend, romantic) can be based on worship and narcissism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just watched the last video for the first time. HOLY SHIT! That guy was creepy as all hell. He just exuded fucking insanity. Can you imagine trying to befriend someone like this???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just watched the last video for the first time. HOLY SHIT! That guy was creepy as all hell. He just exuded fucking insanity. Can you imagine trying to befriend someone like this???
    He sure was....everything about him just screams insanity. His voice, posture and demeanor is mega creepy....I can't even imagine encountering him in person. Chills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The lead singer for the punk band X is now claiming the shooting was a hoax.

http://radio.com/2014/05/28/80s-punk...ng-was-a-hoax/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The lead singer for the punk band X is now claiming the shooting was a hoax.

http://radio.com/2014/05/28/80s-punk...ng-was-a-hoax/
    Yeah right. What a stupid, insensitive and irrelevant moron. Dumb bitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think maybe he had no weiner period... Maybe he couldn't be with either one if he wanted to. If that's not the case, I am leaning towards him being gay and not able to accept himself he blamed women. Little Asshole....
    My Posse's On Broadway

endsleigh03 Guest
    The shooters dad is being interviewed on 20/20 by Barbara Walters.

Misogyny kills.

Finally got around to reading some of his fodder, along with watching the video. What a nutjob. Good riddance and RIP to the innocent victims.

http://abc.go.com/shows/2020/listing...-elliot-rodger

here is the link to watch it free

Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    Thanks! I will check it out later when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    This was excellent.....thank you for sharing the link baroque.

http://abc.go.com/shows/2020/listing...-elliot-rodger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You both are very welcome. I am not a babawawa fan so I thought the interview was weak as her style always is but I find everything about this case interesting anyway.

Finally got a chance to watch the interview with Mr. Rodger. I am torn between feeling sympathy for him and feeling he should have known more about what was going on in his child's life. No sympathy at all for the little shit who perpetrated these crimes. His life seems to have been totally miserable, but I can hardly imagine a less sympathetic character. It is difficult to have compassion for a narcissist. I thought it was good that they spent some time focusing on his victims. The photo of Mr. Martinez embracing Mr. Rodger blew my mind. I had not heard about that...

I've been looking for any new media reports re: toxicology on Elliot Rodger and surprisingly have found nothing. Nor has there been any further info on how this little dude managed to kill his three roommates. This happened back in May , now it's August. The tox should have been done by now, right? It always bugs me when huge things like this happen, then it just drops off the front page and there isn't anything new out there. Shows how short memories are in this country. Anyway, if anyone hears new info about toxicology, autopsy or details on these crimes, please post!