Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1217

Thread: Brittany Murphy

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Better to be safe and call the ambulance. She could have been put on fluids, antibiotics, poison antidotes - maybe lived. Kind of like Liam Neeson's wife hitting her head while skiing and refusing medical treatment then dying. Better to have it checked.
    I think they both were trying not to act like the stereotypical celebrity and both ended up paying with their lives. Ironic, because most of us non-celebs WOULD have sought medical attention.

Oh dear ! These Lifetime biopics usually get slammed in reviews, for bad acting and bad everything. After Liz & Dick, I needed a drink,and I don't drink !

Same here. I'd love to see something on her and the mysterious death, but Lifetime? Sigh.

I wish Dateline or 48 Hours would do something.

I have no idea why, but love the bloody hell out of these "dramatic documentaries. Even though I know precisely how horrible they are. If they picked Janeane Garofalo to play Brittany, I'd still be all over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Looks like her Mother may be in trouble, or says the Father.
    Must admit the way she and her husband died were very strange.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I am the king of all things stupid!

Yeah, I think the same thing, very strange. Mom Vs. Dad, should be interesting to see how this plays out. I wouldn't be surprised if they exhume the bodies to see if they missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Yeah, I think the same thing, very strange. Mom Vs. Dad, should be interesting to see how this plays out. I wouldn't be surprised if they exhume the bodies to see if they missed something.
    I think they need to. They both died the same way within months of each other. It's so very strange.

Both died from pneumonia and acute anemia, that's a red flag for me. I hope the case is reopened.

Still miss her so much. I remember when I found out. I was eating at Mongolian BBQ and saw on my phone that she died. Started bawling at the table. She tore me up.. Still don't understand why, as I am a cold bitch on wheels, but it did. The 911 call ripped me apart. I don't know why they died, nor does it personally matter to me. She's gone. Something is odd though for sure..

I don't know if it's just me, but in all the photos I've seen of Simon, he looks rather unwell. As in a pasty, pale, almost gray-like appearance. I thought it was said that he had some heart ailment. I could understand him dying from pneumonia as a freak incident, but anemia as well? Women are more susceptible to anemia, but it's less common in men I believe.

Yep, something isn't right in Hollywood.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Judging by the trailer this looks like it could be a murder mystery. Could be interesting.

2 cents from me: I don't think they don't need to exhume them. When the bodies were autopsied, tissue samples are taken for any future testing for that very reason. The people claiming murder also claimed that they had to sue the LA County Coroner to get Brittany's remains released. Not true. All Angelo had to do was ask and prove parentage. Angelo is a grieving father, which makes it a his claim more understandable. In my opinion, he's a nice guy trying to make up for the time he wasn't able to spend with Brittany when she was alive.

A bizarre coincidence they did die the same way in the same place 5 months apart and it wasn't communicable, but no one is trying to sweep anything under the carpet.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    2 cents from me: I don't think they don't need to exhume them. When the bodies were autopsied, tissue samples are taken for any future testing for that very reason. The people claiming murder also claimed that they had to sue the LA County Coroner to get Brittany's remains released. Not true. All Angelo had to do was ask and prove parentage. Angelo is a grieving father, which makes it a his claim more understandable. In my opinion, he's a nice guy trying to make up for the time he wasn't able to spend with Brittany when she was alive.

A bizarre coincidence they did die the same way in the same place 5 months apart and it wasn't communicable, but no one is trying to sweep anything under the carpet.

ditto! (nice to see you, Scott )

I just loved her voice.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I just loved her voice.
    I totally agree. I remember when Faster came out and everyone assumed it was down to auto tune like a lot of females around that time but if you watch the intro song to the 2002 MTV Movie Awards, you see she does have a strong voice.

Her lines start around the 2: 35 mark if you are interested.
    Last edited by Shellie; 09-02-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Changed Link

Never really cared for her. Honestly thought she was kind of an idiot, but that's just me.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Never really cared for her. Honestly thought she was kind of an idiot, but that's just me.
    It's not just you. I thought I was the only one. She was an annoying ditz. Her voice was like scratching a chalkboard.

Wo, you'd think the Lifetime Channel could find someone else besides Mariah Carey play Brittany Murphy...

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Wo, you'd think the Lifetime Channel could find someone else besides Mariah Carey play Brittany Murphy...
    Is that who it was? I thought it was Louie Anderson.

I watched the Lifetime movie tonight about Brittany Murphy..........overall I liked it, but for some reason all of those Crazy Wigs on the actors just bugged the heck out of me!!!! And the girl who played Brittany Murphy didn't look anything like her. Petty, I know

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Lynn View Post
    I watched the Lifetime movie tonight about Brittany Murphy..........overall I liked it, but for some reason all of those Crazy Wigs on the actors just bugged the heck out of me!!!! And the girl who played Brittany Murphy didn't look anything like her. Petty, I know
    I tried to watch it. Just turning to Lifetime network for me is a conflict of emotions and natural instinct. The wigs and nobody really looked like the real thing and the 20 minutes I made it through was a bit vapid.

Exactly cleanskull. I don't watch Lifetime... cept for Unsolved Mysteries in the mornings. But yeah, low budget, horrible script, shitty actors, shitty director, par for the course of Lifetime Movies. Kudos for making it 20 minutes. I came across it channel surfing the other night, stopped, laughed for about 4 minutes, continued flipping.

lmaooo

desertangel Guest
    That movie was literally a dozer-it put me to sleep! I was never a huge fan though.

My wife is so hooked on HGTV that she doesn't care about Lifetime. I liked Brittany and hope they truly find out who, why and how. I loved her eyes.

I really liked Brittany Murphy and that's why I watched the movie on Lifetime. Just so sad to me that a 32 yr old young woman died And it seems like if she would have went to the hospital maybe she wouldn't have

Being a King of the Hill fan, that was my introduction to Brittany; I haven't seen many of her movies or kept up with her, but she played Luann very well. I watched the last 20 min or so of the movie; I'll never understand why they can't get more realistic wigs - ugh. It seemed her husband and mother really cared about her, but not willing to get the doctor when they needed to for whatever reason. And they kept focusing on the OTC cold medicine which I assume was supposed to be Nyquil, but was orange instead. I wasn't sure if I missed something related to that, just getting into the end like that. RE: wigs, I remember years ago when there was a biopic on Karen Carpenter and all I can really remember about the whole thing is the terrible wigs they put on the actors. I could have done better.
    Last edited by seurtoFW; 09-08-2014 at 07:44 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    This movie is just so, so bad.

The parts I saw were pretty bad but I was glad to see Sherilyn Fenn. I love her! She still looks great! I can't believe Just One of the Guys was nearly 30 years ago and Twin Peaks was 23ish years ago!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    The parts I saw were pretty bad but I was glad to see Sherilyn Fenn. I love her! She still looks great! I can't believe Just One of the Guys was nearly 30 years ago and Twin Peaks was 23ish years ago!!!!!
    It took me awhile to realize that was Sherilyn Fenn. I agree she looks great!! I have to admit I watched the movie even though it really was bad. I just really liked Brittany Murphy, that's why I watched it. I wonder if her husband was really as kind as he was portrayed in the movie. And Ashton whatever his last name is.........I just have this feeling he wasn't quite as nice as the movie made him out to be. I do feel that her Mother probably was very kind and loved her

It was really bad. I just watched pieces of it.

I wasn't a huge fan, but one of my favorite movies is Drop Dead Gorgeous. It was such an underrated movie, but Brittany was great in it.

I have the LifeTime movie recorded but haven't watched it yet. I loved her in 'The Ramen Girl", her boyfriend dumps her in Tokyo so she learns how to cook ramen .

I have the LifeTime movie recorded but haven't watched it yet. I loved her in 'The Ramen Girl", her boyfriend dumps her in Tokyo so she learns how to cook ramen .
    Wow.... sounds like edge of your seat stuff. All kinds of twists and turns in that one I bet.

Mammy Guest
    Wow.... sounds like edge of your seat stuff. All kinds of twists and turns in that one I bet.
    Ramen is twisty, smartass. LOL

haha It Is!!!

LOL Stewart GG, sorry I gave away the entire plot. It's a nice movie, the guy teaching her to cook doesn't speak English, but she doesn't give up... blah blah. Meets a cute guy, blah blah.

1karenhb Guest
    LOL Stewart GG, sorry I gave away the entire plot. It's a nice movie, the guy teaching her to cook doesn't speak English, but she doesn't give up... blah blah. Meets a cute guy, blah blah.
    I watched that movie too on Netflix not long after she died. Had never heard of it but I liked it. She was very thin. I taped and watched about half of the bio pic. I agree, the wigs are a fright and distracting. The one playing Brittany looks nothing like her and I doubt Simon was as nice as he is being portrayed in the movie.

Was that the one where she lived across from the noodle shop?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Was that the one where she lived across from the noodle shop?
    Yes. Also watched the second half of the bio pic. Now I know why I don't watch Lifetime movies. It was bad.

I loved her in Clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I believe this is the program you're talking about. Autopsy - The Last Hours of Brittany Murphy. I am watching it as we speak so not sure if it's good or not. I'm sure it is. I've watched the first 5 minutes to make sure it was the program I thought it was and apparently he gets into the husbands death as well.

Update: I watched it all and it's really good. Everything is explained reasonably. Her father is a cunt. That family "friend" is a cunt. Why they included their idiotic conspiracy theory is beyond me. I guess maybe they wanted to put it out there so they could debunk it. They still gave them way too much time imo. Definitely worth a view.

Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 09-17-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Update

I loved Clueless too.

Wow, that Last Hours show was really good and MORE than made up for that really lame Lifetime Bio-pic. I too belive the ME's report - bacterial infections for both, not poisoned.

Cleanskull - Yes, in The Ramen Girl, she has a place across from the noodle shop. There is another beautiful American girl who is in and out of the movie, and and America guy. It was basically a chick flick, but my husband liked it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    It was really bad. I just watched pieces of it.

I wasn't a huge fan, but one of my favorite movies is Drop Dead Gorgeous. It was such an underrated movie, but Brittany was great in it.
    im going to watch this. i love a lot of brittany's stuff, my favorite movie is the 'dead girl'. i notice a lot of her movies are underrated but actually really good. it's like they just don't advertise the things she's in so you only see her in the popular 'clueless' or 'girl, interuppted, which were really good movies too.
    my second fave B. movie. my mom is like watch it! and i'm like eww no... sounds dumb! ended up watching it and really liked it. my mom was pleased she got something right for once when she gave advice to me, lol. j/k.
    Last edited by Lush; 09-25-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Cleanskull - Yes, in The Ramen Girl, she has a place across from the noodle shop. There is another beautiful American girl who is in and out of the movie, and and America guy. It was basically a chick flick, but my husband liked it too.
    I liked it too. Not all chick flics put me to sleep. I am also a fan of "King of the Hill" and every time I hear LuAnn speak I think of Brittany.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.