Thread: Rene Angelil-Celine Dion's manager

Rene Angelil-Celine Dion's manager

Heard he was not well........they seemed to have a good relationship from what little I have read. RIP.

They were true love, despite the big age gap.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

I always thought him a Svengali type of person.

She was a 12 year old girl he was like a 38 year old man
    when they met.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

He seemed a lovely man who only wanted the best for his wife .They always looked so close .It'll be hard for Celine left with their twins and their teenager.What a horrible month this turning out to be .

Xiroi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    He seemed a lovely man who only wanted the best for his wife .They always looked so close .It'll be hard for Celine left with their twins and their teenager.What a horrible month this turning out to be .
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I always thought him a Svengali type of person.

She was a 12 year old girl he was like a 38 year old man
    when they met.
    I kind of have the same feeling. I read she said "99.9% of what I am is thanks to him" and that he was the only boyfriend she'd ever had. Codependent much?

Sorry I have a problem with teens getting involved with the man who's making money from their talent and who are old enough to be their father.

I have to stand up for Celine. I understand the whole creepy Lolita angle from which you're coming, but I've always been attracted to older men. I grew up without siblings & in many ways, I was treated like a small adult. My father was able to provide many advantages in my schooling, etc. & so my interests were (and still are) more in line with men who are quite a bit older than I.

When end anything happened or when they fell in love, I don't know. Regardless, they had, by all accounts, a loving relationship. Either way, this woman just lost her husband & 3 boys lost their dad. That hurts like hell & I wish them nothing but peace as they grieve their loved one. It may have been unconventional, but it worked for them.

Rest well, Rene.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    I have to stand up for Celine. I understand the whole creepy Lolita angle from which you're coming, but I've always been attracted to older men. I grew up without siblings & in many ways, I was treated like a small adult. My father was able to provide many advantages in my schooling, etc. & so my interests were (and still are) more in line with men who are quite a bit older than I.

When end anything happened or when they fell in love, I don't know. Regardless, they had, by all accounts, a loving relationship. Either way, this woman just lost her husband & 3 boys lost their dad. That hurts like hell & I wish them nothing but peace as they grieve their loved one. It may have been unconventional, but it worked for them.

Rest well, Rene.
    Beautifully said. RIP Rene.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Rest well, Rene.
    Well said! RIP Rene

Xiroi Guest

Rest well, Rene.
    I'm all for women liking older men, personally I've never liked men younger than me. The key word here being women, not teens so yes, I don't see the lovely love story some media are describing but manipulation of a young girl who never learnt to live and make choices by herself. What's the difference between what he did and that teacher who had a kid with her teen student who she ended up marrying after her prison sentence and who's ocassionally mentioned/slagged off here? Oh yes, he doesn't sing.

That being said I don't mean it's great he's dead, of course the pain his family are experiencing is real and I respect that. His behaviour? not the least.

End of rant.

I'm not comparing it to MK & Vili because although, yes, he discovered her (& please correct me if I'm wrong) talent at 12, but there wasn't a sexual or romantic relationship with her when she was 12. It's been a long time since I heard the whole story or when things became romantic, but I don't recall him molesting her.

Even with MK & Vili, as f'd up as that story was (& still is) he's an adult. If those two nutty people want to be married, okay. I'm not condoning her sleeping with a 12 year old (and seriously, how can that even be good?!) but I don't condem them for being in a relationship now. Again, correct me if I'm wrong on the history, but age gap aside, I don't recall anything illegal with Rene & Celine. (You know I have to google now, huh?)

Speaking of Celine, I also read her older brother is also dying of cancer & it's down to days/hours for him too. I feel horribly for her & her oldest son who turns 15 in 10 days. Crappy way to begin the New Year. I believe Rene's birthday is this month as well. I think I vaguely recall this from an interview she gave years ago.

Edit: so apparently their relationship began in 1987, engaged in 91 & married in 94. She was born in 1968, so she was 19-20. Young, yes, but not in the same realm of molesting a 12 year old.
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 01-15-2016 at 06:29 PM.

I read that days after his death, Celine's brother is now seriously ill. Poor woman!
    RIP Rene.

Tinse Guest

Tinse Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    I read that days after his death, Celine's brother is now seriously ill. Poor woman!
    RIP Rene.
    I read that as well; he also has terminal cancer. How much is she supposed to bear? I feel very sorry for her.

Xiroi Guest
    Edit: so apparently their relationship began in 1987, engaged in 91 & married in 94. She was born in 1968, so she was 19-20. Young, yes, but not in the same realm of molesting a 12 year old.
    Far from being an expert in Celine, I read they got married when she was 19, if they had been together 3 years before that, you do the math.

Now if she was 19 when they got together then it's a completely different story, still kind of dysfunctional imo, but everyone was old enough to do with their lives what they wanted.

daddy13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by glowegal View Post

Poor Celine.

Hi, Tinse! Welcome to the forum! Listen, it is fine to make two or more comments in a row if the time between them has lapsed about an hour, but there is just one minute between these two.which violates Rule 6. Please combine these two posts into one or the other to make one post. If you do not know how to do this PM me. Please read the FAQs at the top left of any page.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinse View Post
    I read that as well; he also has terminal cancer. How much is she supposed to bear? I feel very sorry for her.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroi View Post
    Far from being an expert in Celine, I read they got married when she was 19, if they had been together 3 years before that, you do the math.

Now if she was 19 when they got together then it's a completely different story, still kind of dysfunctional imo, but everyone was old enough to do with their lives what they wanted.
    Im going by the timeline on Wikipedia & her 1968 birth year. I'm clearly no expert either. Im nearly positive they didn't marry until the 90s. I remember the pictures. I wouldn't remember had it been in the 80s.

———

Here we go. Timeline from people.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	489.4 KB 
ID:	53289  
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 01-16-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks for sharing, sfcitygirl.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Celine will not be performing at Rene's funeral. Apparently, this has become a major event. The funeral will be covered by 3 networks and flags will be flown at half-staff.

I've watched numerous back stage videos of Celine's shows and she still acted very much in love with Rene. I am sorry for her loss. RIP Rene.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Tntina Guest
    Very public, open casket viewing -
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/21/celine...gelil-viewing/

Thanks for sharing, Cash.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

For some reason the Province of Quebec had a state funeral for this guy - always tough to figure the Quebec culture.

Such sad photos, bless her...and the family.
    I'm saddned to hear about her brother too.

I wonder why he got such a send off though?