Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Manson & The Manson Murders

xenaswolf Guest

Crispybone Guest
    Makes me wonder if she has had a brain tumor since birth and that it has slowly been growing in size all these years. Perhaps that would account for her huge, evil, protruding eyeballs. Looking into Susan Atkin's eyes is like staring Satan straight in the face, IMHO...

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    that would freak me out, too, having the Family members walk around town like it was nothing. They have got to have more bodies there, they were just too damn good at hiding them. Pity about the money. Someone should set up a charity so people can make donations.

cachluv Guest
    There's more bodies up there. Come on. I'm not satisfied with the police work on this one.

jimmy's One Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    If she has brain cancer I bet they let her out! They will let her out to die with "dignity". Any bets?
    maybe..
    But I would be more digusted if the same thing happened to Manson, and they let him out to die in dignity... honestly I dont undertand why he wasnt put on death row???

leeny994 Guest
    he was put on death row but then, sadly the state of california decided no more on their death penalty and all their death sentences were commuted to life in prison sentences.
    unfortunate.

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    And his followers are convinced that this is all "due to Charlie, the law was made for him to keep him alive." Seriously, how do these people get drawn in? Going to the Spahn Ranch does not make you a criminal or evil or even stupid, many went there out of curiosity. But staying around, becoming a follower of this specimen, knowing what he was "preaching" . . . how? And how did he manage to brainwash them so thoroughly that even almost 30 years later, they follow him. Blindly.

Lout_Rampage Guest

Manson's Missing Victims

Watching this right now on ID. Well, watching it, typing here and yelling at my dogs. From what I've seen, it has a real "Al Capone's Safe" feel to it.

Did they ever find Shorty?

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Did they ever find Shorty?
    Yeah, I think they actually found him in '77 though. Not this new search.

octobersky Guest
    I was watching that and the show after - and I didn't know that one of the Manson girls attorneys went missing during trial and turned up dead.

kimba Guest
    Head wedged underneath a rock, if I recall correctly.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    Head wedged underneath a rock, if I recall correctly.
    That's pretty much what I have read. How strange, he wasn't even Manson's attorney. Just makes you really the full extent of how horrible they are.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Manson was always drawing. I think he mainly drew devil like cartoons and cartoons of himself. He may of drawn a pic of Vince. Not sure though.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    What did Manson try to stab the judge with?
    a broken pencil

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    There's more bodies up there. Come on. I'm not satisfied with the police work on this one.
    Me either. It's frustrating and infuriating, actually...

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post

Interesting to know Charles Mansons son grew up down the road from me... in Eau Claire WI, I lived 2 hours north in Superior, WI. I also find it interesting he was sent to WI (which has a high amount of infamous serial killers already)

I feel bad for this guy.... it would suck to be judged for something he had nothing to do with.

lolomac Guest
    [?]
    Date: 2008-12-19, 3:39PM CST

best offer
    Creepy doll I wonder if anyone made an offer.

I just got finished reading the book, "Charles Manson: Music Mayhem and Murder". There are actually idiots out there who feel Manson got a raw deal and shouldn't have been put in prison for murder - since he wasn't there and didn't do anything!

It's a pretty interesting book, and discusses a lot about his music.

Filmmaker78 Guest
    As I understand it, Hughes, the attorney who was found dead in Ventura County, had represented Manson at first, and then one of the girls, but then dropped Manson and just rep'd the girl because he realized there was a big conflict of interest. Manson was trying to get the girls to testify that he had nothing to do with it, and Hughes wasn't going to let his client take the stand to say that (to lie and self-incriminate herself). So on the day of the sentencing of Manson and the others, Hughes' body was found wedged between some bolders in a rural hiking area in Ventura County. It was never proven that he was murdered.

Regarding finding Shorty Shea, this is in our film (out now!). He was found in '77 after "Clem" Grogan, in jail for Shory's murder, struck a deal and took authorities to the place they'd dumped the body. Clem was released in 1985 and is the only Manson murderer to be released on parole.

BTW, our film's out: https://www.createspace.com/259100

21. 12-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Reason
    Spam

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    As I understand it, Hughes, the attorney who was found dead in Ventura County, had represented Manson at first, and then one of the girls, but then dropped Manson and just rep'd the girl because he realized there was a big conflict of interest. Manson was trying to get the girls to testify that he had nothing to do with it, and Hughes wasn't going to let his client take the stand to say that (to lie and self-incriminate herself). So on the day of the sentencing of Manson and the others, Hughes' body was found wedged between some bolders in a rural hiking area in Ventura County. It was never proven that he was murdered.

Regarding finding Shorty Shea, this is in our film (out now!). He was found in '77 after "Clem" Grogan, in jail for Shory's murder, struck a deal and took authorities to the place they'd dumped the body. Clem was released in 1985 and is the only Manson murderer to be released on parole.

BTW, our film's out: https://www.createspace.com/259100

Thanks for posting that information. I didn't know what actually went down between Hughes and Manson!

jz63 Guest
    A friend of mine wrote Manson a letter about 20 years ago and got a reply. It was written on the back of the letter she sent him and was a bit freaky (duh!). He ranted a bit about the Beatles (he said he hated them) and how he felt abused by society ect. The handwriting started out very neat and lined but as the letter progressed it got slippier and started slanting in odd directions.

After he signed his name he wrote a PS that if my memory serves correct said

" the name Vaughan (my friends last name) has much signifigance in my domain"

creepy!!!

here is some of his music. (it ain't the Darlings with Andy for sure, but it ain't bad)
    i dislike the man, but he has a folk style. kind of 'Folk-Creep'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5eco9Fcfw

and if you like acoustic guitar, this is darn good for non professional. (hat tip to alvin karpis for teaching him)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qa6cY79zo
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    here is some of his music. (it ain't the Darlings with Andy for sure, but it ain't bad)
    i dislike the man, but he has a folk style. kind of 'Folk-Creep'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5eco9Fcfw

and if you like acoustic guitar, this is darn good for non professional. (hat tip to alvin karpis for teaching him)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qa6cY79zo
    Johnny, thanks for posting.
    I have never heard his music. It's not horrible.

neil young talks about the charlie manson he knew
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcHXt...eature=related

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lolomac View Post
    [?]
    Date: 2008-12-19, 3:39PM CST

best offer
    Creepy doll I wonder if anyone made an offer.
    That doll is super creepy! I certainly wouldn't want one

Yeah, his music isn't too bad. Too bad the families of the people he master-minded in killing couldn't make any money off of his albums, since all his music is sold "bootleg".

With all the morons out there who think he's not guilty and didn't have anything to do with the killings, I'm pretty sure he would have sold a few albums.

lolomac Guest
    The doll is for sale on the des moines iowa craigslist. If it was even in my house I would feel those crazy eyes on me, they definintely got those right.

Fujicakes Guest
    Gawd that doll is creepy That wouldn't be something I'd want in my bedroom at night.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I certainly hope it doesn't have a string you pull so it can talk. That would be the end of it for me!

the history channel at 5pm cst today,will air an episode of Cities of the Underworld "Land of Manson".

manson did have fair talent ,had somewhat attractive women at his beck and call,some ends into the music biz,and solid drug connections,and this was not enough for the little cretin.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 12-29-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: calling him a cretin may be an insult to cretins.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

well,history channel pulled something of a bait and switch. only the last eight minutes had anything to do with manson,and it was the desert "hide away".
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

WendyK Guest
    Of course I missed it, but from the sounds of it not much.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Charles Manson is a Scatman. Very funny video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nit1q...layer_embedded

beatlebaby4 Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5PYOaJ75I
    This is the funniest video I've seen in a long time!
    I hope this works. This is the first time I've tried to link something

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    This is way tooooooo funny! Thanks for sharing Beatlebaby!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Good, I'm glad the link worked!!!!

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayley View Post
    My mom worked for the Sheriff's Department (which I think was located in the Hall of Justice) at the time they brought Charles Manson in. They confiscated alot of things from him including poems and songs. My dad ended up with one of the handwritten songs and he always kept it in his copy of HELTER SKELTER. I always remember being fascinated by that book so I would take the song out and read it everytime I looked at the book. I don't remember any more of it except that it said Ooo, Aaah, alot.
    In the last years of my dad's life we were estranged. He struggled with depression, alcoholism, unemployment, etc. All of his belongings at some point were put into storage, and then the rent wasn't paid, and I assume the belongings were sold off. So someone out there now has a copy of HELTER SKELTER with a hand written Charles Manson original song.
    Interesting story Cayley!
    I wonder if Charles Manson's stuff was sold on Ebay?
    A lot of people would probably want to collect stuff like that.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    OMG, I'm sitting here crying because I was laughing so hard!

Thanks, beatlebaby! That was GREAT!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    OMG, I'm sitting here crying because I was laughing so hard!

Thanks, beatlebaby! That was GREAT!
    It is one of my fav videos! I laugh everytime I see it

BooMom Guest

Latest photo of Manson

The eyes are still the same - dead blank stare.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    dead eyes.

DisneyStacy Guest
    Wow, it hardly looks like him! Just the tattoo..

I was coming here to post the pic and ask if this was him for sure. It just doesn't look like him. Any idiot can carve a swastika into his forehead.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

beatlebaby4 Guest
    It's him.

gemini33 Guest
    Wow! When was the last picture before this released? I know the man is old, but damn what a change. Where is his wild hair?!

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    The reality is? Honestly, the girls have a better chance at parole than does Tex Watson....and out of all of them, probably Patricia Krenwinkle has the best chance.

Do I think they'll ever be paroled? Oh no. No, no, no. And I think the girls' recent lawsuits are not going to help their chances of parole.

But, I really doubt they'll ever be released. Not unless they get really, really, really good lawyers who can sucker the parole board. However, the parole board is filled with people who know exactly why those four are in prison....
    Patricia Krenwinkle has changed more than anyone else has I've read.
    She also according to the Ed Saunders book "The Family" wanted to
    use her position to warn families about the dangers of drug use.
    I have been rather prejudiced of her for her part in the Sharon Tate murders. It is so difficult to forgive these murderers due to the
    lives they have ruined as well as the hell they have put people through.
    At least it is for me.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post

The eyes are still the same - dead blank stare.
    This photo was shown on our local news this morning.
    I see the swastika still shows on him.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    I hope they give him the death penalty. Contrary to popular belief, lethal injection is not painless. I thought it was. Apparently when the final drug is administered, the "victim" is paralysed from the other drugs and there is a very painful burning sensation as the last drug seeps into the body. Charles Manson deserves a lot more pain. It was the Spawn Ranch. I think they actually found Shorty. Anyway, this will probably be merged with the other Manson thread.

Wow I had no idea lethal injection was not painless.
    You learn something new everyday!