Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lana Clarkson - Warning: Dead Pics!

burgtwngrl Guest
    Lana was in Fast times at Ridgemont high? I love that movie!

Guest Guest
    yeah she played Mrs Vargas...the hot wife of the biology teacher

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
    The gamut of the bazaar hair styling of a musical genius.

Oh and who can forget...
    ROFL Chunga...Phil's the punch line to a bad joke he (probably) doesn't even know he's in on !!!!

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    Lana was in Fast times at Ridgemont high? I love that movie!
    the nerdy science teacher wife at the end at the prom, she shakes i can't remember whose hand, but she is so hot, they don't want to let it go~

she is also in a dancing scene in scarface where al pacino is dancing w/ michelle pfeiffer at the havana club or something named like it~

she was gorgeous!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Phil Spector is one creepy fuck! Can't wait until they try him again, hopefully this time they will pick jurors with balls.
    I don't thing balls were the problem. I think it is brains. But to be fair, there was only one idiot in the bunch. *sigh* but that's all it takes.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I remember when the Ronettes were being inducted into the R&R HOF that bald bandleader of Letterman's read an e-mail from Spector wishing the girls congrats. You could have heard crickets in the ballroom, no reaction.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Malotte View Post
    I remember when the Ronettes were being inducted into the R&R HOF that bald bandleader of Letterman's read an e-mail from Spector wishing the girls congrats. You could have heard crickets in the ballroom, no reaction.
    I remember that too!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    New trial scheduled yesterday.
    updated 4:02 p.m. ET, Thurs., May. 22, 2008
    LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles judge on Thursday set a September date for pioneering rock producer Phil Spector’s second trial on charges that he murdered actress Lana Clarkson in the foyer of his mock castle in 2003.
    Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Larry Fidler ordered Spector to stand trial beginning on September 29 in the high-profile case.
    The jury in Spector’s first trial deadlocked 10-2 in favor of a guilty verdict in September 2007, forcing Fidler to declare a mistrial, but prosecutors immediately said they would bring the case again.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24779994/

PvN73 Guest
    Ta muchly for the update. His hair piece is still as fucked as he is.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    I watched the last trial from gavel to gavel (6 months!) and I am convinced of his guilt. He needs to be incarcerated.

The wigs and the wardrobe are hilarious. In that photo from yesterday, he looks dirty and unkempt to me. Someone who attended said he was wearing eyeliner..fine if you are a goth rocker but a bit weird for a 69 yr. old geezer. His new-ish bimbette bride is a piece of work, too.

Noreen Guest
    By all accounts, I've read that Lana was a very sweet person. Phil is mentally ill and seems to show no remorse that she lost her life

hoxharding Guest
    I have posted this before-
    I spoke to a man who worked with Lana on a film. He is convinced that Phil killed her.
    I also read an article about Lana written by a man who
    used to know her. They often went bike riding together and talked about their jobs.
    He portrayed Lana as a woman who was friendly,smart and very nice.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    By all accounts, I've read that Lana was a very sweet person. Phil is mentally ill and seems to show no remorse that she lost her life

Agreed. He is an amoral prick with a Napoleon complex. He orchestrated (pun intended) the entire defense, which was to dirty up the victim. Appalling. And when they would show the death photos, he would stare at them, mesmerized. It's one thing to be a death hag but to open mouth stare at your handywork is another thing all together.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY she would ever even get into a car with him,much less go to his home. I don't think he killed her intentionally. He was always waving those damn guns around and this time it really got out of hand he poor Lana died. I dont think even if convicted he is going down for murder,maybe manslaughter.
    I am shocked he could get Lana, himself, and the hair all in the car at the same time.

dirk diggler Guest
    Looking at some of the images of him trying to look well whatever he's trying to look like he's clearly one delusional man and seems to be more concerned about his image than whether he goes to jail or not..

tarsier Guest
    The tragedy of her death is that she couldn't even get top billing there. Had she not been murdered by a name no one would have ever noticed her passing. She was a never-was of no real consequence to Spector he didn't intend to kill her so much as never cared that she died. If she's lucky she will oner day rate a made for cable film. A pathetic end.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Just watched a special on TV about top 20 loves gone wrong, Scott was on giving his opinion of the Spector murder.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    i remember her from an episode of Three's Company where she played one of Jack's dates... that's the first thing i thought of when i heard she died.

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Looks like the trial pics.

Whenever I think of this case, Scott's words about her wearing the flat shoes when she died...oh the humanity come into my mind, lol!

She died in comfortable shoes Lisa haha....... they were the ones she waitressed in Im sure.......but she could have at least changed our to them to go to spectors house. I always changed my shoes or left them at work after a shift.

pull the string!

Chunga Guest
    Quite! The resemblance is startling!

Last edited by Chunga; 05-27-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post

The pic to the left is better looking!!hahahaha

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    The tragedy of her death is that she couldn't even get top billing there. Had she not been murdered by a name no one would have ever noticed her passing. She was a never-was of no real consequence to Spector he didn't intend to kill her so much as never cared that she died. If she's lucky she will oner day rate a made for cable film. A pathetic end.
    Not really sure what your intent is here. So you think that she deserved to die and was pathethic b/c she didn't "make it" in show biz? She made it farther than a lot of wanna be's ever do and I don't think she deserved to die at the hands of a drunken dwarf who dresses like Austin Powers on a bad day.

cherryghost Guest
    Lana Clarkson was a woman, her death is not about her success or failure as an actress. Her name is now sadly associated with an ugly death and top billing may not have ever been her concern.

Why and when should a woman be a victim because of her ambition?

Avalon Guest
    From all I have heard of Lana, she was truly down-to-earth and a great friend (sad to see that her own friends would drop her in a heartbeat to their faces on CourtTV - Punkin Pie, anyone??). Very sad case...

During the trial I actually started a MySpace tribute for her (have another one for Holly Maddux, the girl killed by Ira Einhorn) and have had a great response to it. Not many people care for Miss... er... Mr. Spector - surprise, surprise. :P

One thing I have been wondering and can't remember if it was discussed at the trial: Isn't there evidence that he shot her near the door and then dragged her body to the chair? Looking at the photos of her in the chair, it looks like she was propped up in it.

Anyway, hope this psychotic SOB gets put away for life.
    Last edited by Avalon; 06-01-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: .

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    From all I have heard of Lana, she was truly down-to-earth and a great friend (sad to see that her own friends would drop her in a heartbeat to their faces on CourtTV - Punkin Pie, anyone??). Very sad case...

During the trial I actually started a MySpace tribute for her (have another one for Holly Maddux, the girl killed by Ira Einhorn) and have had a great response to it. Not many people care for Miss... er... Mr. Spector - surprise, surprise. :P

One thing I have been wondering and can't remember if it was discussed at the trial: Isn't there evidence that he shot her near the door and then dragged her body to the chair? Looking at the photos of her in the chair, it looks like she was propped up in it.

Anyway, hope this psychotic SOB gets put away for life.

No, he didn't drag her anywhere. He was so wasted (and so small) he was incapable. I watched the trial from gavel to gavel and in my opinion, they had a few drinks, he made a few moves, she asked to be taken back to her car by the driver and was sitting in the foyer on the chair, waiting for him to summon the driver. Instead of doing so, he went the to the drawer nearby, pulled out a gun and went back to menace her with it and snuck up on her in the chair, his customary m.o. whenever he was shitfaced and a woman wanted to leave (all of them). Since he was menacing her while drunk, her having no knowledge of his gun history she probably struggled to save herself, and the gun went off.

I don't think his intent was to shoot her, just torment her, and it backfired, so to speak. If you look at the crime scene photos, she has the posture of someone cringing back and down into the chair. He was probably holding the gun in one hand and her hair in the other.

No way I am buying that it was suicide or that there was some kind of sexytime going on with the gun and an accident. Phil did it.

Punkin Pie....what a loser. On the stand, she reminded me of Janice Soprano-both in looks and demeanor.

Avalon Guest
    Thanks NewYorkDoll - your theory sounds absolutely plausible. I don't remember at all where I read that there was evidence he had moved her body. It does seem strange that someone as small as him could drag a woman as tall/large as Lana.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Thanks NewYorkDoll - your theory sounds absolutely plausible. I don't remember at all where I read that there was evidence he had moved her body. It does seem strange that someone as small as him could drag a woman as tall/large as Lana.
    The defense managed to float so many implausible theories, even prior to the trial, it's hard to keep track. I don't even think Phil knows what happened. I am sure he was blackout drunk. Does not make him any less culpable.

burgtwngrl Guest
    It's Obvious by what I've seen about Phil Spector he is severely Mentally Ill. I think he needs locked up in a mental institution for the rest of his days. I remember reading the things he did to Ronnie Spector and to his adopted kids...I don't think he would blink an eyelash as far as committing murder. He would not let Ronnie Wear shoes...Ever when they were home...because if she had shoes she would run away from him....When she did flee from his house of horrors she fled with her mother and she was in her bare feet.

Yeah I saw that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame speech also...He successfully kept her from getting that honor for years out of spite but after he murdered Lana his crediability went down the tubes.... I think it was in poor taste that Paul Shaffer read that note from him at the ceremony...everyone knew what a jerk he was to her and the ronnettes.

The Grim Reefer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    Agreed. He is an amoral prick with a Napoleon complex. He orchestrated (pun intended) the entire defense, which was to dirty up the victim. Appalling. And when they would show the death photos, he would stare at them, mesmerized. It's one thing to be a death hag but to open mouth stare at your handywork is another thing all together.

aye

Mach2 Guest
    The defense was allowed to issue a 160 page questionaire that enabled them to pick out the prospects most likely to show favoritism to a hollywood bigwig. Two of the 12 jurors were actually in the music production biz in LA. The law says you have the right to be judged by your peers. It doesn't say you have the right to a jury of sycophants or underlings who are afraid they can't get another job if they vote you guilty.

Avalon Guest
    Sorry if this is already posted but you can see the Ronnette's performance at the Rock Hall of Fame here; it also includes Phil's note at the end. Love the response.

annannanna Guest
    He must have been insanely jelous of the volume in all her gorgeous blonde hair!

I saw this trial on TV and was shocked he got away. To me it seemed kinda obvious he did it.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Crazier than a shithouse rat, he is.

By all accounts, Lana was nice, smart, ambitious. She was broke a lot, yeah, but she was pursuing her dream and living it. That takes some serious mojo. Good for her, I say!

And remember: Lana didn't know who Phil was when he came into the House of Blues. She thought he was a woman at first. Management told her who he was and said treat him like gold.

She was not about chatting up people to advance her career and I think that's why she went back to the Dungeon, errr his house, with him. He probably told her he could help her career.

Nasty little man.

John Connor Guest
    I think it was her inability to say no that aided in her death. She didn't want to go with him and wasn't supposed to fraternize with patrons anyway but he insisted.
    There have been many things said about Clarkson. I don't know why everyone insists on making her into a saint or martyr. She seems like she was a nice woman who had a lot of problems, low self esteem and addictions among them but she'd been around enough to know the score. She didn't go to his eyes full of wide eyed innocence and (correct me if I'm wrong) wasn't his semen found on her breast?
    I do think he killed her but I also think it was an accident. He should still rot though.

TheMysterian Guest
    Anyone know when this S.O.B. is going back to trial? or are they hoping he just drops dead in the meantime?

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    I do think he killed her but I also think it was an accident. He should still rot though.
    This is an outrageous deduction! You should be ashamed of yourself. This dude deliberately pulled the trigger.You don't point guns at people. Just pointing a gun can land you in prison. Lana Clarkson was murdered by her date. She was not accidentally shot by her date. You don't shoot your date. You give them roses or wine but you don't pull out a revolver and shoot your date in the mouth. What kind of evil would bring out a gun on a date in the first place?

I think we should take Phil Spector and put him in the same cell as Charlie (I never killed anybody) Manson.
    Last edited by Mach2; 07-10-2008 at 12:39 AM.

GAdeathhag Guest
    Wasnt Phil Spector one of the guest stars on Scooby Doo Cartoon???

I think it was her inability to say no that aided in her death. She didn't want to go with him and wasn't supposed to fraternize with patrons anyway but he insisted.
    There have been many things said about Clarkson. I don't know why everyone insists on making her into a saint or martyr. She seems like she was a nice woman who had a lot of problems, low self esteem and addictions among them but she'd been around enough to know the score. She didn't go to his eyes full of wide eyed innocence and (correct me if I'm wrong) wasn't his semen found on her breast?
    I believe the DNA that was on her breast was saliva, but I agree with your post.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    I believe the DNA that was on her breast was saliva, but I agree with your post.

It was saliva. I watched that long ass trial from gavel to gavel (for the most part) for 6 damn months! Hopefully the retrial will go a lot faster. And as is Phil's way, here is another group of people he has stiffed:

A group of singers made famous by music mogul Phil Spector are suing the record producer for unpaid royalties. Members of groups The Crystals, Bobbie Soxx and the Blue Jeans and The Ronettes - including Spector's ex-wife Ronnie Greenfield - claim the troubled Wall of Sound mastermind has skipped payments they are due to receive twice a year. The singers filed suit against Spector in New York on 24 June (08), according to documents obtained by TMZ.com.
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/08/specto...nch-of-stiffs/

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    It was saliva. I watched that long ass trial from gavel to gavel (for the most part) for 6 damn months! Hopefully the retrial will go a lot faster. And as is Phil's way, here is another group of people he has stiffed:

A group of singers made famous by music mogul Phil Spector are suing the record producer for unpaid royalties. Members of groups The Crystals, Bobbie Soxx and the Blue Jeans and The Ronettes - including Spector's ex-wife Ronnie Greenfield - claim the troubled Wall of Sound mastermind has skipped payments they are due to receive twice a year. The singers filed suit against Spector in New York on 24 June (08), according to documents obtained by TMZ.com.
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/08/specto...nch-of-stiffs/
    I watched the entire trial too and actually didn't even speak after the mistrial for a couple of hours. I was too damn stunned. If this second jury can't get this right, then there is absolutely no hope for any "celebrity" to ever be put in jail in LA and they should just quit pretending that they're treated like the rest of the population.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    This is an outrageous deduction! You should be ashamed of yourself. This dude deliberately pulled the trigger.You don't point guns at people. Just pointing a gun can land you in prison. Lana Clarkson was murdered by her date. She was not accidentally shot by her date. You don't shoot your date. You give them roses or wine but you don't pull out a revolver and shoot your date in the mouth. What kind of evil would bring out a gun on a date in the first place?

I think we should take Phil Spector and put him in the same cell as Charlie (I never killed anybody) Manson.
    You were not there so you cannot say anything was deliberate. I realize one does not shoot their date. Again correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there evidence that they had been playing sex games with a gun earlier in the night? Or at leasdt playing with one.
    I think Lana Clarkson's death was a terrible tragedy but not cold blooded deliberate murder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Anyone know when this S.O.B. is going back to trial? or are they hoping he just drops dead in the meantime?
    Sept 5, 2008 is D-Day.

I watched the entire trial too and actually didn't even speak after the mistrial for a couple of hours. I was too damn stunned. If this second jury can't get this right, then there is absolutely no hope for any "celebrity" to ever be put in jail in LA and they should just quit pretending that they're treated like the rest of the population.
    You and me both, Neon. I was so mad at that damned idiot I could have reached through my computer screen (streamed KTLA.com at work) and cheerfully choked the crap out of his engineering arse.

You were not there so you cannot say anything was deliberate. I realize one does not shoot their date. Again correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there evidence that they had been playing sex games with a gun earlier in the night? Or at leasdt playing with one.
    I think Lana Clarkson's death was a terrible tragedy but not cold blooded deliberate murder.
    There was no evidence of any sex games. She had a drink (didn't even drink all of it) and tried walk to the door when Cool Hand Spector drew the gun. I do think it was a "accident" as far as holding a gun on someone goes. I think he was as shocked as all get out when the gun went off. However, when you point a gun at someone, you better be prepared to pull the trigger and pay the price. It was stupid to do, but he did it and he needs to meet Lady Justice.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

NewYorkDoll Guest

Yep, we can thank #10 for that hung jury He was a neighbor, had seen the tiny tyrant at Target and had a MIL who looked through his drawers without asking permission (one of his reasons for voting NG, it wasn't out of the ordinary for someone to come into some else's home and rifle their drawers) and had a friend who had committed suicide AND he is a member of LDS.

He was dicussed a lot during the trial b/c he took copious notes, notebook after notebook-he was so busy writing that he was not watching half the testimony. Juror #9 (Ricardo) said that he was intractable the minute they started deliberations and nothing was going to get him to open his mind to anything else. He was not budging.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Sept 5, 2008 is D-Day.

You and me both, Neon. I was so mad at that damned idiot I could have reached through my computer screen (streamed KTLA.com at work) and cheerfully choked the crap out of his engineering arse.

There was no evidence of any sex games. She had a drink (didn't even drink all of it) and tried walk to the door when Cool Hand Spector drew the gun. I do think it was a "accident" as far as holding a gun on someone goes. I think he was as shocked as all get out when the gun went off. However, when you point a gun at someone, you better be prepared to pull the trigger and pay the price. It was stupid to do, but he did it and he needs to meet Lady Justice.
    I think he was blackout drunk and has little to no recollection of what happened, does not make him any less guilty, he should have copped a plea like Shapiro advised--he would have probably gotten a very short sentence or even probation. His ego would not allow him to do so.

To him, according to Vinnie Tannazo (Joan River's security guard) the wee one said "all women are cunts and need a bullet in the head". I guess he decided to make good on that with Lana.

I loved Marta and Lonnie's coverage on KTLA and hope that they will be the TH's for PS2.

tydtm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by graveyardgirl View Post
    oh hell. There's no telling what is lurking in that nest. Boy ain't right.

hahahahaha nice!

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GraveyardGirl View Post
    Oh hell. There's no telling what is lurking in that nest. Boy ain't right.
    Maybe he and Amy Winehouse should get together...
    that would solve so many problems right there...

Mach2 Guest
    You were not there so you cannot say anything was deliberate.
    That statement has no meaning. I've never been to Australia either but I know it's there. A bullet in the mouth is murder 1st degree.

TheMysterian Guest

D.A. wants Spector jury to hear about gun threats

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Don't know where they find jurors for this case but apparently they are all crack ho's...How have they not found him guilty and buried his butt under the jail...This case never ceases to amaze me...