Page 1 of 30 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie Wood

relander Guest

Natalie Wood

Any ideas about her death? What really happened in their yacht on that saturday night in 1981? Murder or tragic accident?

knothere Guest
    There was Robert Wagner and Christopher Walkin n her, her coat cooda weighed her down alone n drunk in the night water, according to she went out in a dingy, or murder.

Bake Guest
    That whole thing is really suspecious.

Danny62 Guest
    I heard that she caught Robert Wagner and Christopher Walkin togehter having sex? But its difficult to believe since who could she have told??

But that is one rumor!!

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I heard that she caught Robert Wagner and Christopher Walkin togehter having sex? But its difficult to believe since who could she have told??

But that is one rumor!!
    I heard the opposite! I heard Wagner found her and Walken together! Oh that Hollywood Rumor mill! LOL

candleinthewind Guest

What kind of wood doesn't float?

There is another rumor that Christopher Walken was having an affair with RJ and Natalie Wood. If I recall correctly, the police never did an in depth interview with Christopher Walken and he doesn't talk about it publicly. The police case was closed rather quickly and dismissed as an accident. Apparently there was lots of drinking and there was an argument. The problem is that supposedly Natalie Wood was deathly afraid of the water and it seems unlikely that she would have just gotten onto the dinghy in the middle of the night. I have always found it really odd how fast Jill St. John entered the picture. Was RJ trying to get rid of his his wife?

knothere Guest
    wasnt the boat docked .. in a harbour... in the ocean ... im a good swimmer i cood swim to shore in those circumstances..... after i took the heavey coat off....and drunk

relander Guest
    Apparently the yacht seems to have been anchored near the Catalina Islands.

Bake Guest
    Jill St John and RJ were always on again off again, she sure did step in real quick after.

relander Guest
    Robert and Natalie were married twice. Just an idea but what if Robert really tried to become "straight", but couldn't handle it. He fooled around with other men and eventually got caught with Walken. From what I understand Natalie had some pretty bad finacial problems and this could mean that she tried to blackmale possibly Walken?

GODDESS6 Guest
    i have been begging scott to to F.A.D. about her~ the story is so intriguing~ not to mention, she was so beautiful!!!~

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    There is another rumor that Christopher Walken was having an affair with RJ and Natalie Wood. If I recall correctly, the police never did an in depth interview with Christopher Walken and he doesn't talk about it publicly. The police case was closed rather quickly and dismissed as an accident. Apparently there was lots of drinking and there was an argument. The problem is that supposedly Natalie Wood was deathly afraid of the water and it seems unlikely that she would have just gotten onto the dinghy in the middle of the night. I have always found it really odd how fast Jill St. John entered the picture. Was RJ trying to get rid of his his wife?
    That seems to be correct.
    This is what Natalie thought of water:
    "I've been terrified of the water, and yet it seems I'm forced to go into in on every movie that I make."

Danny62 Guest
    Well no doubt there is a cover up somewhere!! I don't think it was an accident though whatever happened!

I think Robert wagner and Christopher walkin were both in on it whatever happened....the pigs!!!!

candleinthewind Guest
    Did you know that Christopher Walken has been married to the same woman since 1969? She is a casting director and I have never seen her or heard him mention her. Weird huh? Well it's only weird because he's Christopher Walken, know what I mean?

GODDESS6 Guest
    Did you know that Christopher Walken has been married to the same woman since 1969? She is a casting director and I have never seen her or heard him mention her. Weird huh? Well it's only weird because he's Christopher Walken, know what I mean?
    he has always creeped me out bigtime~

firegilnotguns Guest
    Aw, I love Walken, of course he's creepy but in such a funny way!

candleinthewind Guest
    He can dance too!

HippieMama Guest
    Scared the crap out of me when he played the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow . . . but I loved him in Sarah, Plain and Tall with Glenn Close (I know, I thought it was odd too at first).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    Scared the crap out of me when he played the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow . . . but I loved him in Sarah, Plain and Tall with Glenn Close (I know, I thought it was odd too at first).
    I liked him in "The Dead Zone".

Who knows what the REAL story is in regards to the Natalie Wood death. It's quite apparent that celebs get away with stuff - so this may just be another case of that...

relander Guest
    Yeah, she does The Sopranos.

Snoopy Guest
    I love Christopher Walken he's soo odd! I also agree there is something that went on and it was definately covered up.

jewby Guest
    Yeah Walken is odd alright, or perhaps it is the roles he plays and the way he wants to be seen.

I guess we can make guesses about what happened that night but unless someone who was there speaks we will never really know.

Guest Guest
    The book 'natasha' is a very good biography on natalie wood's life and goes into her death at the end. Good read i thought.

I too think it's very strange how she would have gone in that dinghy in the dark by herself, as she was so terrified of water. Something really doesn't add up there. Apparantly she was wearing a large coat that was pulling her down and she had scratches and cuts that looked to be from clinging to rocks. A lady on a yacht nearby says she heard a woman yelling for help and heard a reply of 'don't worry we're coming to get you' and no more noise after that. I wonder if that's true...

knothere Guest
    hmmmmm scratches from a rock.....maybe a boat clinging to the side n yelling for help
    n once in the boat n tooo scared to speek or forcefully quieted some one yells out dont worry were coming to get u
    i duno but wood ya reely need a big ol coat that far south
    either way it just stinks
    ya i know my spellin suks ;-)

candleinthewind Guest
    I believe she was in her nightgown and it was probably cool that night so the coat isn't that weird. Everything else about it is weird though. I didn't know about the woman on the yacht who heard them and the scratches.

1karenhb Guest
    Years ago, I had friends who had a sailboat and on several occasions went to Catalina Island with them. We usually moored at 2 Harbors but a couple of times moored at Avalon harbor for several days. Everyone there knew their boat which was named "Splendor in the Grass". The weekend before the tragic accident, we were moored very near the boat. I kept looking but never saw anyone on board.

Bake Guest
    I saw her grave at Westwood when I was there. I have one question that I have not found the answer to, why do people leave pennies on the headstones? Her's had them all over it, and even Dean Martins had them propped up on top of his marker.

GiantBryan Guest
    Goddess,
    Since I've been around for a very long time, I've noticed that Scott is not the only writer on some of the FAD pages. SO open up a word page and get to it. send it to Scott and if he likes it and it is well presented he'll post it with your by-line
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i have been begging scott to to F.A.D. about her~ the story is so intriguing~ not to mention, she was so beautiful!!!~

onehunglow Guest

What did Grace Kelly have that Natalie needed?

A good stroke.

What's made out of wood and floats? Natalie.

mommafreak Guest
    Natalie was a classy lady. Just look at all her old photos. RJ and CW? Smells like a cover-up. I was under the impression that RJ was totally in love with Natalie. Such a waste. To let someone die that is in need of help. Where is the compassion for human life?

Bake Guest
    what kind of wood doesn't float?

In the Air Tonight

Anyone ever hear that Phil Collins' song "In the Air Tonight" was directed at whomever was involved?

"Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand..."

"Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes..."

Yeah yeah I know, big stretch. I'm just wondering if anyone else heard this rumor, or was it perhaps just a New Jersey thang?

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    I saw her grave at Westwood when I was there. I have one question that I have not found the answer to, why do people leave pennies on the headstones? Her's had them all over it, and even Dean Martins had them propped up on top of his marker.
    I noticed that too. Hers was the first one I saw pennies on so I thought maybe it was a Russian thing, with her being of Russian extraction. Then I saw pennies on other graves, like it caught on throughout the cemetery. Must be some type of fond wishes or maybe "pennies from heaven" type idea.....like throwing pennies in a fountain. I've never see that elsewhere though...(I liked the idea so much, I put a penny on my Dad's grave after he passed and oddly enough, I kept finding pennies everywhere I went for several years after he died....so much so that I made a "Pennies From Heaven" plaque with a poem in his memory. It's so weird, but often when I have something difficult coming up in my life, I'll look down at my feet and there'll be a penny, in the oddest places and times. I think it's my Dad saying hello.)

juleebella Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoorayforhollywood View Post
    I noticed that too. Hers was the first one I saw pennies on so I thought maybe it was a Russian thing, with her being of Russian extraction. Then I saw pennies on other graves, like it caught on throughout the cemetery. Must be some type of fond wishes or maybe "pennies from heaven" type idea.....like throwing pennies in a fountain. I've never see that elsewhere though...(I liked the idea so much, I put a penny on my Dad's grave after he passed and oddly enough, I kept finding pennies everywhere I went for several years after he died....so much so that I made a "Pennies From Heaven" plaque with a poem in his memory. It's so weird, but often when I have something difficult coming up in my life, I'll look down at my feet and there'll be a penny, in the oddest places and times. I think it's my Dad saying hello.)
    My mother-in-law felt the same way regarding pennies and my husband's little sister who was hit by a car and killed in front of their house when she was only 7. MIL insisted that the pennies she would find in various places in the house were somehow a sign from little Lisa.

Bake Guest

Pennies from heaven

Quote Originally Posted by hoorayforhollywood View Post
    Yes, this was the first and only place I have seen the pennies. What a really cool story about your Dad.
    I want to go back to Westwood next time I'm in LA, its been so long ago that I was there.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I don't think it was suspicious or there was an affair going on. They were all drunk out of their minds and she fell in and no one noticed.

RubySlippers Guest
    Iread the biography "Natasha" and they had several scenerios. I personally think she was pissed off and angry. And DRUNK. Robert and Christopher were probably so drunk themselves that they were passed out. They were evasive and suspicious because they really don't KNOW what happened. She either fell off the boat accidently or by trying to get into the dingy. The yacht was anchored and the dingy was floating around. The jacket was her real demise.

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    Anyone ever hear that Phil Collins' song "In the Air Tonight" was directed at whomever was involved?

"Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand..."

"Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes..."

Yeah yeah I know, big stretch. I'm just wondering if anyone else heard this rumor, or was it perhaps just a New Jersey thang?
    Actually Phil wrote that song for an ex that left him.

Quote Originally Posted by juleebella View Post
    My mother-in-law felt the same way regarding pennies and my husband's little sister who was hit by a car and killed in front of their house when she was only 7. MIL insisted that the pennies she would find in various places in the house were somehow a sign from little Lisa.
    After my Mom died, we washed her bedding and when I took it out of the dryer, a penny fell out among the sheets and blankets. I thought it sort of freaky - after hearing about pennies appearing out of nowhere when someone dies. I hung on to that one!

birdymama Guest
    WOW! I really love your stories. I think I will start leaving pennies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by relander View Post
    Robert and Natalie were married twice. Just an idea but what if Robert really tried to become "straight", but couldn't handle it. He fooled around with other men and eventually got caught with Walken. From what I understand Natalie had some pretty bad finacial problems and this could mean that she tried to blackmale possibly Walken?
    Nope, NATALIE was well off. She had invested wisely and at her death had an estate valued well over 5 million. According to her sister LANA, NATALIE was loaded, owned shoping malls, lend-leases, the works. NATALIE left their mother with a condominium with a yearly stipend of 12k (in 1981 dollars) with the majority of the estate going to her daughters. LANA was left all of NATALIE'S clothing, shoes, coats etc....RJ wanted the girls to have their mother's fur coats, so he bought some of those from LANA.

[SIZE=5]G[/SIZE]ee, I wonder why the invitation to go yachting that weekend with the WAGNERS didn't include the missus ? Maybe an invitation was extended to her & she declined ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    I saw her grave at Westwood when I was there. I have one question that I have not found the answer to,[SIZE=4] why do people leave pennies on the headstones[/SIZE]? Her's had them all over it, and even Dean Martins had them propped up on top of his marker.

[SIZE=4]A custom of Russian jews for their dead.[/SIZE]

I seriously doubt that anyone on board intentionally murdered NATALIE WOOD. Keep in mind from all accounts the couple had enibed a serious amount of liquor over the weekend. There are stories of quallude usage, and witness accounts of squabbling etcetera over NATALIE'S alleged flirting with CHRISTOPHER WALKEN. According to one account from the boat's captain DENNIS, the couple's fighting escalated to the point that WALKEN excused himself and retired to his cabin. So, what I could see happening is that the couple was still fighting possibly on deck and that NATALIE might have fallen in or been pushed into the water and that a drunken WAGNER not thinking anything of it, or considering his wife's (also) drunken condition might have said something like,
    "[SIZE=3]Pull yourself out you stupid bitch.......[/SIZE]." and gone back inside to the main salon expecting that NATALIE would climb back on board. Checking a little while later as to where she was, he realizes that she never returned on board and panic ensued. I think that much of WAGNER'S & WALKEN'S perceived 'indifference' had more to do with damage control over the drug & alcohol consumption that weekend coming to light and the shock of the outcome of the accidental drowning then any actual duplicitous covering up.

ROBERT WAGNER is amazed at the firmness of the buttocks of NATALIE'S former co-star JEFF HUNTER..............

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

I seriously doubt that anyone on board intentionally murdered NATALIE WOOD. Keep in mind from all accounts the couple had enibed a serious amount of liquor over the weekend. There are stories of quallude usage, and witness accounts of squabbling etcetera over NATALIE'S alleged flirting with CHRISTOPHER WALKEN. According to one account from the boat's captain DENNIS, the couple's fighting escalated to the point that WALKEN excused himself and retired to his cabin. So, what I could see happening is that the couple was still fighting possibly on deck and that NATALIE might have fallen in or been pushed into the water and that a drunken WAGNER not thinking anything of it, or considering his wife's (also) drunken condition might have said something like,
    "[SIZE=3]Pull yourself out you stupid bitch.......[/SIZE]." and gone back inside to the main salon expecting that NATALIE would climb back on board. Checking a little while later as to where she was, he realizes that she never returned on board and panic ensued. I think that much of WAGNER'S & WALKEN'S perceived 'indifference' had more to do with damage control over the drug & alcohol consumption that weekend coming to light and the shock of the outcome of the accidental drowning then any actual duplicitous covering up.

ROBERT WAGNER is amazed at the firmness of the buttocks of NATALIE'S former co-star JEFF HUNTER..............
    Yikes, that's quite a "telling" photo with Wagner being (ahem) behind Hunter like that and the expression on his face...

Jazbabee Guest
    Hmmm....someone mentioned that Natalie had scratches from rocks ?? Not sure that makes sense, because that would mean shallower water, which would have damaged the boat. However, barnacles on the boat, under the water line are sharp and jagged and would inflict wounds....that sounds more in line with drowning, and trying to grasp onto something...............oh well, just an observation for whatever its worth

susalu Guest
    [SIZE=4]A custom of Russian jews for their dead.[/SIZE]
    I've seen both rocks/pebbles and coins on headstones in a Jewish cemetary where my friend's husband is buried...

Lots of interesting customs in the jewish culture... like no embalming, no cremation... and in orthodox cemetaries, men can't be buried next to women who aren't their wives...

Susan

Jazbabee Guest
    In Victorian times, and even much farther back ( I believe as far as the Romans) coins were placed over the eyelids of the deceased. It was believed that the coins prevented the soul from departing the body too soon (go figure??) I wonder if the coin placing on tombstones may have its origins in that custom ??

relander Guest
    Nope, NATALIE was well off. She had invested wisely and at her death had an estate valued well over 5 million. According to her sister LANA, NATALIE was loaded, owned shoping malls, lend-leases, the works. NATALIE left their mother with a condominium with a yearly stipend of 12k (in 1981 dollars) with the majority of the estate going to her daughters. LANA was left all of NATALIE'S clothing, shoes, coats etc....RJ wanted the girls to have their mother's fur coats, so he bought some of those from LANA.
    Interesting stuff. Shopping malls too?