Thread: Kirsten Dunst

Guest Guest

Smile Kirsten Dunst

Recently I've watched 'The virgin suicides', 'Bring it on', 'Marie Antoinette' and the 'Spiderman' films.
    kirsten is a real doll. Sure she's made some oddball comments in her younger days, but I rate her as an actress. Often attractive too.

'Marie Antoinette' was a little slow, but I enjoyed Dunst's performance.

Any other fans here? Favourite roles? Etc

Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2009 at 06:27 AM.

I loved her in Interview With The Vampire! She was sooo young, but gave an awesome performance.

John Connor Guest
    I'm on the fence about her. I can't say I find her very attractive but that is alot to do with her energy and mannerisms. She doesn't radiate much warmth onscreen. Apparently she's an angry camper alot and has had a rocky relationship with her mother who she feels forced her into show business thus denying her a normal childhood.

4. 12-17-2009, 05:55 AM

5. 12-17-2009, 06:30 AM

6. 12-17-2009, 06:31 AM

jaylene Guest
    I also liked her in Interview with a vampire.
    Her performance in Little Women was so cute.
    Warning: need tissue to watch. LOL

hoxharding Guest
    'Cat's Meow' isn't that bad-it is about that boat trip Hearst and Davies had where a man ended up murdered.(it is based on a true story)

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    'Cat's Meow' isn't that bad-it is about that boat trip Hearst and Davies had where a man ended up murdered.(it is based on a true story)
    I liked 'The Cat's Meow' too, despite Dunst. I find her cold, sad-sack persona grating at this point. I wish she'd lighten up and *gasp* actually smile/laugh once in awhile in her films. Time for her to grow up a bit and dispose of the goth-ish attitude, she's just annoyingly one-note at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Lol, I saw that recently also. Forgot that one. An often panned film, but one I enjoyed very much.

yep she can often seem cold onscreen. She has indeed said in interviews that she resented her mum, but that seems to have been a somewhat healed rift.
    I like the fact that she loves to eat meat. So many actresses are veggies (I've been out with a few veggies - they are hard work)
    Not all of them. Veggies are only hard work if they proselytize being one. I'm a veggie and I couldn't care less whether someone eats a big-ass steak right in front of me. And I can always find something to eat anywhere.

ETA: I find nothing appealing about Kirsten Dunst's appearance or her acting. She always seems so angry. If she doesn't like what she's doing and feels she was forced into it, maybe she should find something to do that she actually likes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snudgie Guest
    I loved Kirsten in "Just like heaven" with the adorable Mark Ruffalo...really sweet cute story...

I'm not crazy about her acting, but I was going to say that I love her smile because she doesn't have those crazy horse teeth so many in Hollyweird have.

13. 12-17-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    I loved Kirsten in "Just like heaven" with the adorable Mark Ruffalo...really sweet cute story...
    Wasn't that Reese witherspoon?

Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post
    Wasn't that Reese witherspoon?
    Yes. I believe it was.
    As for Kirsten. I think her break out roll was in "Bring it On"

Totally kidding.

16. 12-17-2009, 04:08 PM

RaRaRamona Guest
    I don't really care for her acting. She used to be such a sweet, cute girl. Why does she continue to act if she hates it so much?

I lovedloved her in Drop Dead Gorgeous. I love that movie, despite the fact that Denise Richards is in it.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I bet she isn't resenting it when she spends all that money and enjoys all the perks that come with where she is.
    Just saying.

crimson and clover Guest
    I think she is cute, I have heard her called Kirsten Drunkst due to her partying ways

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Lol, for some reason, I enjoyed that film!
    Me too

candleinthewind Guest
    As an actress, I'd have to say she is adequate but really brings nothing special to a role. I think some of her contemporaries like Julia Stiles have more range.

She ends up in the gossip columns for heavy drinking and bad relationships. I think she went to rehab last year so maybe now she can get serious and work on her acting skills.

I like her, but I like my women like I like my coffee, cold and bitter.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

23. 12-18-2009, 08:07 AM

tarsier Guest
    I can't say I like her but she doesn't totally annoy me as an actress a bit too tepid to grab my interests.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    She was in some of the "Bourne" films with Matt Damon.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    She was in some of the "Bourne" films with Matt Damon.

That was Julia Stiles.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Damn... had a brain fart!!!! Hard to keep up with some of them. She is just one of a few of them I get confused with the other one that looks pretty much the same. Sort of like Helen Hunt and Leelee Sobieski look like they were separated at birth.

I also enjoyed watching her in the movie- The Cat's Meow-(2001)
    Eddie Izzard plays Charlie Chaplin in the film.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

If you like/don't mind perky films, and can deal with the odd American pastime of competitve cheerleading, "Bring it On" is entertaining. You get to see her in skimpy cheerleading outfits with a tiny skirt. She has a rivalry with the very attractive Gabrielle Union and _her_ cheerleading team. I enjoyed it. Fluffy but fun.

GrinReaper Guest
    I really liked her, with Michele Williams, in Dick.
    They play two teenage best friends in what might have happened during the Watergate years while they work as "Official White-House Dog Walkers" for Nixon!
    It's an underated comedy. Check it out.

silverwaif77 Guest
    I'm just glad she kept her teeth.
    I have tiny teeth too, so I like to see another girl rockin them.
    I liked Marie Antoinette, although it is historically inacurate, but she was able to make me feel a bit of empathy for Marie.

Heart and Soul Guest
    Other than Crazy/Beautiful (GAG)...

I like many of her films. I believe she suffers from depression, thus the "sorry sack" attitude, probably. People tell me I look like her. I see no resemblence. I think she's beautiful.

I heard a joke that she will say yes to a role in any picture that has a budget over $1.50.

Since I really haven't paid too much attention to her in Spiderman because of my disgust for Toby Maguire I did really enjoy her
    in Matchstick men.
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 11-26-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

I liked her in 'Bring it on'. She was actually really good in it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I loved Drop Dead Gorgeous. I am so glad someone else like that movie as well.

melody Guest
    Can't stand her...period.

Mammy Guest
    Me either, Melody, but I was too chicken shit to say so since everyone else seems to like her.

I don't know enough to care one way or the other.

Heart and Soul Guest
    I haven't noticed tabloids with stories of her drinking, etc. in it. I did see a story about her bouts of depression, though.

Now she's a German citizen, too. Hmm.

I did like bring it on, but I can't stand her. I don't think she is attractive at all, period.

Mammy Guest
    Me either. She has no enthusiasm in anything she does and isn't a convincing actress. She isn't attractive either, but that is mostly due to her teeth. All IMO

Please don't shoot me, but I always confuse her with Naomi Watts. I keep thinking she was in "King Kong" (what a yawner), but it was Naomi. Sometimes, I get a lot of today's celebs mixed up. Everyone seems to look a like to me.

Again, don't shoot me. It's probably my age.
    Cindy

Mammy Guest
    They are both boring as hell as actresses. I understand the confusion.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I loved Drop Dead Gorgeous. I am so glad someone else like that movie as well.
    She was actually peppy & cute in that one. I long to dance down the road listening to my ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Please don't shoot me, but I always confuse her with Naomi Watts. I keep thinking she was in "King Kong" (what a yawner), but it was Naomi. Sometimes, I get a lot of today's celebs mixed up. Everyone seems to look a like to me.

Again, don't shoot me. It's probably my age.
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?? Naomi is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    They are both boring as hell as actresses. I understand the confusion.
    but yes, boring

Bidmor Guest
    "Drop Dead Gorgeous" was funny as all get out. Dunst turned in a good performance as the daughter of trailer trash hairdresser Ellen Barkin. Slightly OTS but hilarious was Barkin's scene in her hospital bed with her hand melted to a beer can and using the can as an ashtray. "Bring It On"...not my cup of tea but Dunst did well in that one also. The only reason I saw the whole film was I got caught up in drooling over Eliza Dushka.

doyleloyal Guest
    personally i wouldn't give 2 cents about her, she's just...there. not outstanding (except for interview with the vampire) just there. I did like her very much in marie antionette, such a beautiful film and strangely enough I kinda want to see her in Melancholia with Alexander Skarsgaard.

bjland4 Guest
    YES!
    I agree this :" Veggies are only hard work if they proselytize being one. I'm a veggie and I couldn't care less whether someone eats a big-ass steak right in front of me. And I can always find something to eat anywhere.Dunst turned in a good performance as the daughter of trailer trash hairdresser Ellen Barkin. Tibet Holiday Slightly OTS but hilarious was Barkin's scene in her hospital bed with her hand melted to a beer can and using the can as an ashtray. "Bring It On"...not my cup of tea but Dunst did well in that one also. The only reason I saw the whole film was I got caught up in drooling over Eliza Dushka."

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Recently I've watched 'The virgin suicides', 'Bring it on', 'Marie Antoinette' and the 'Spiderman' films.
    kirsten is a real doll. Sure she's made some oddball comments in her younger days, but I rate her as an actress. Often attractive too.

'Marie Antoinette' was a little slow, but I enjoyed Dunst's performance.

Any other fans here? Favourite roles? Etc

I liked her in 'Interview with a vampire' as well, she's very talented and in this movie, she played a child.

Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

black Guest
    I love her in Marie Antoinette. I am not a fan of her but she really nailed that 'haughty' looked in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyChick View Post
    I liked her in 'Interview with a vampire' as well, she's very talented and in this movie, she played a child.
    I love that film. Up until then, I was a Brad girl but as soon as I saw it, my allegiance changed to Antonio. Kirsten was brilliant in it. The chemistry with her and Brad was spot on so when the end bit came, it was genuinely upsetting.