Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jahi mcmath

Eating a cheeseburger??? Wow I hope that is not true.

As for the family suctioning her. WTF! Let's shove a tube into a sutured area without any knowledge of anatomy. Just stupid people that keep building on the stupidity. I also can't believe they raised that much money from the public. Are people that naive or are we just jaded?

The thing that stood out to me in the doctor's court report is that she is beginning to shed her intestines through her rectum. I look at this poor girl and that is what I think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post

I honestly don't think a clinically dead person's body can heal on its own. If her body is deteriorating and her brain turning to mush, I just don't see how that would be possible.
    Nope, but it could sure deteriorate (as it is doing), enough to make the actual cause of death very difficult or even impossible to determine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Nope, but it could sure deteriorate (as it is doing), enough to make the actual cause of death very difficult or even impossible to determine.
    Yes, that's true, especially if the poor child has her intestines coming out of her rectum. How in the world did the family find someone willing to hook her up to life support in her condition? That is just criminal.

RebelRocker Guest
    Yes, that's true, especially if the poor child has her intestines coming out of her rectum. How in the world did the family find someone willing to hook her up to life support in her condition? That is just criminal.

that is what i am having a hard time understanding. the family must have lied to that doctor who inserted the tubes.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    that is what i am having a hard time understanding. the family must have lied to that doctor who inserted the tubes.
    Yes, that has to be the only way a doctor would agree to do it.

Yes, that has to be the only way a doctor would agree to do it.
    Whatever quack "doctor" agreed to do it must be a real idiot who graduated from the Dumb Fuck School of Medicine....lied to? Can he even read? Apparently not, as he inserted a feeding tube into her body that is shedding its intestines??? Come on....Jahi's mom is just going to make up some lies about her daughter's condition and he just does this procedure without reading all the existing medical reports? UNREAL. SO UNETHICAL. SO IRRESPONSIBLE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Mammy Guest
    Whatever quack "doctor" agreed to do it must be a real idiot who graduated from the Dumb Fuck School of Medicine....lied to? Can he even read? Apparently not, as he inserted a feeding tube into her body that is shedding its intestines??? Come on....Jahi's mom is just going to make up some lies about her daughter's condition and he just does this procedure without reading all the existing medical reports? UNREAL. SO UNETHICAL. SO IRRESPONSIBLE.
    I don't know what to think about the doctor. He must have bought his degree at the Dollar Tree. It should be fairly obvious to anyone what condition that little girl is in, and this person is a doctor. What would be his motive for keeping a dead child on life support?

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Wait a second, I must have missed something somewhere about the intestines coming out the butt thing was going on????C.

I don't know what to think about the doctor. He must have bought his degree at the Dollar Tree. It should be fairly obvious to anyone what condition that little girl is in, and this person is a doctor. What would be his motive for keeping a dead child on life support?
    I don't have a clue either Mammy. WTF?? Is he mentally ill? Does he really think he can "revive" her and become world renowned? OR, is he hoping for some eventual 15 minutes of fame plus some cold hard cash? Poor Jahi- the way she is being "treated" is absolutely abhorrent....IMO, her family is in a very selfish CYA money grab mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    Wait a second, I must have missed something somewhere about the intestines coming out the butt thing was going on????C.
    Carrera,

I had the wrong link- here is an MD's report the court:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/bay-are...ion?source=pkg

THIS IS THE ONE....my apologies:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/bay-are...ion?source=pkg
    Last edited by Cynful; 01-10-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    They used a suction bulb on cauterized tissue. STUPID! Just use your imagination...........
    Oh for crying out Christmas............really?

Where did you read that???

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Oh for crying out Christmas............really?

Where did you read that???
    Kate,

It's in this article....Jahi's grandmother, a LPN, not an RN, apparently did it if what we are reading is true:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news...gical-bleeding

Interesting legal blog on this case....lots of details:

http://frederickleatherman.com/2014/...f-jahi-mcmath/
    Last edited by Cynful; 01-11-2014 at 12:02 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds to me like this poor girl is going to lay there and just decompose. Horrible.

LPN's know how to suction. Evidently this one didn't. I would be curious as to the last time she practiced. Because if she had been a "good" nurse for even a couple of years she would be a voice of reason. No one with medical training would support this charade.

Which brings me around to whoever put in that feeding tube. It doesn't make sense that a doctor would OK it. I mean you have to meet some medical standards, how did the doctor support this medical intervention? There is something really wrong and it's going to give that family another person to sue. I'm betting they claim they were mislead.

Wendy A. Guest
    I think this whole thing is about money, family and the new Dr both.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Even with decomposition, they should be able to run tests on samples to determine if it is human or cow DNA present in her tissue. She wouldn't have been allowed to eat anything before surgery... So, anything present would be from after the operation.

I'm disgusted by this. For one thing, a year before Jahi died, my brother committed suicide only a few short months after our mom passed. My father and I made the decision to help others from organ donation...his kidneys were a perfect match for our cousin who was on dialysis for years. These people need to let her go!!!!!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Mammy Guest
    Every time I see this thread commented on, I hope it is because she has finally passed. How can they claim to love her and do this to her? That isn't love, it's selfishness.

Lawren Guest
    Every time I see this thread commented on, I hope it is because she has finally passed. How can they claim to love her and do this to her? That isn't love, it's selfishness.
    That's why I keep lurking on here too.

I've had a sick thought about this. Since she's inside a building that would be temperature controlled and is hooked up to machines, it would be the perfect setting for Dr. Bass to record how long it takes the human body to decompose. He can add the information to his body farm studies. I'm going to hell for this.

And every time I see a photo of her mother with her hair in a bun atop her head, it reminds me of this cartoon character:

https://www.google.com/search?q=alic...2F%3B250%3B350

Interesting post, SSM. We really haven't heard from bio-dad through all of this, or even stepdad for that matter. Makes you wonder to what extent they are involved in her life.

The hospital is bound by HIPAA and legally can't discuss anything related to the case. Even if HIPAA didn't exist, it would only be common sense that a possible defendant not discuss the case.

It already looks like the family already has already had litigious experience and they are already looking for another payout. Ch-ching! It's the same with my in-laws; a little bad luck comes there way and off to the courthouse they go to file a lawsuit. My FIL was doing something he shouldn't have been doing on a ladder, of course he fell and he badly hurts his arm. It was totally his fault but he finds a PI lawyer who says it's not. In-laws were expecting a settlement in the millions but they got a totally rude reawakening when they found out that money had to first go to pay back rhe insurance xompany. I got sick of hearing what they were going to do with the money. A nice house in CO, timeshares, etc. All struck sown by the legal system. One word: Karma
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Kate,

It's in this article....Jahi's grandmother, a LPN, not an RN, apparently did it if what we are reading is true:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news...gical-bleeding

Interesting legal blog on this case....lots of details:

http://frederickleatherman.com/2014/...f-jahi-mcmath/

Thanks!

Flowergrrl Guest
    The hospital took care of and facilitated a dead body for almost a month. The nurses had to care for her as if she were living... Clean the body, its excrement, perform therapy, and administer antibiotics on a daily basis. They have amassed a HUGE bill. That was room and time someone who actually needed it could have been using it. If they were awarded any money as the result of a lawsuit, it would be paid to the hospital for all the fees the family has ensued, and should be paid back to everyone else who has assisted or donated money. I agree on the selfish part, she could have helped many people live a better life if her mother had donated her organs... Unfortunately, it is too late to donate any of her organs. The last doctor's report is from over a week ago, at that time her organs were already dead and sloughing off rotten tissue. Who knows what decrepit condition the body is in now. The hospital was correct in that they did not have to care for a dead body. It is unethical, not to mention being a biohazard.

Shame on their lawyer and the new facility for feeding into their fantasy that she is still alive.

I forgot- Four children and NONE of them have the same last name... They don't even have the husband's last name.
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 01-13-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Thanks!
    You're welcome Kate.

Considering his background and knowledge, I asked Carrera_3.2 a few questions regarding the medical report linked above from www.contracostatimes.com- with his permission, I am posting his response to my question about the ongoing decomposition of Jahi's body. Here's what he had to say:

Ok, I see what they are talking about. She may turn into something that her parents would never want to see. Just like some of the bloated, leaking bodies that had not been found for a few days. If the GI tract is already in the process of sloughing, it may not be too much longer until the lungs start to deteriorate as well. It would be like blowing up a balloon that has had the end snipped off. The lungs would no longer inflate, and it could basically inflate her thoracic/abdominal area, and she could just blow everything out from the weakest area, which would be her mouth or her rectum. Not a pretty sight either way you look at it...C.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're welcome Kate.

Considering his background and knowledge, I asked Carrera_3.2 a few questions regarding the medical report linked above from www.contracostatimes.com- with his permission, I am posting his response to my question about the ongoing decomposition of Jahi's body. Here's what he had to say:

Ok, I see what they are talking about. She may turn into something that her parents would never want to see. Just like some of the bloated, leaking bodies that had not been found for a few days. If the GI tract is already in the process of sloughing, it may not be too much longer until the lungs start to deteriorate as well. It would be like blowing up a balloon that has had the end snipped off. The lungs would no longer inflate, and it could basically inflate her thoracic/abdominal area, and she could just blow everything out from the weakest area, which would be her mouth or her rectum. Not a pretty sight either way you look at it...C.
    Eeeeyuuuwwwwwwwww

Somebody ought to forward THAT comment to Mike Huckabee an all the other self-righteous parties who believe those bad, bad doctors were trying to kill a living child, over the well-intentioned and -considered wishes of her family. This is NOT Terri Schaivo, Karen Ann Quinlan, Sunny Von Bulow, or any of the other famous PVS/coma cases who survived for years with varying degrees of medical/mechanical assistance. This is someone, unfortunately a very young girl, who's been dead since last month, period.
    Last edited by Linnie; 01-13-2014 at 04:23 PM.

She is probably purging by now

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Somebody ought to forward THAT comment to Mike Huckabee an all the other self-righteous parties who believe those bad, bad doctors were trying to kill a living child, over the well-intentioned and -considered wishes of her family. This is NOT Terri Schaivo, Karen Ann Quinlan, Sunny Von Bulow, or any of the other famous PVS/coma cases who survived for years with varying degrees of medical/mechanical assistance. This is someone, unfortunately a very young girl, who's been dead since last month, period.
    ITA Linnie....unfortunately for poor deceased Jahi, Carrera's vivid description of what is happening to her is spot on. Wow, just wow....as the saying goes,
    "What has been seen cannot be unseen".....no amount of money will ever, ever, ever erase what her family is witnessing by literally watching her decompose minute by minute before their very eyes and (sorry to say) under their noses. HORRIFYING to think that instead of remembering her smiling and laughing, they are CHOOSING to be left with nightmarish memories like these- IMO, there is NO LOVE whatsoever in doing THAT....WTF???
    Last edited by Cynful; 01-13-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    You're welcome Kate.

OMG! Pardon my bluntness, but she would have to have the smell of decomposition, right? Who in the world would let their child get in that condition and still insist on life support? I'm picturing insects, bloating, seepage, just WTF? This is the sickest thing in the world.

OMG! Pardon my bluntness, but she would have to have the smell of decomposition, right? Who in the world would let their child get in that condition and still insist on life support? I'm picturing insects, bloating, seepage, just WTF? This is the sickest thing in the world.
    Yea, she probably smells, abdomen bloated, and purging fluids out of her nose, mouth, rectum, and ears.

Yes, yes and yes Mammy, I am too. ITA- it is sick, sick, sick....my dinner is coming back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    Which brings me back to my original question, why in the hell would any so called "doctor" be willing to use life support on the decomposing body of a girl who has been deceased for a month? Any moron right off of the street could see and smell that this poor girl is dead and nothing will save her or bring her back, so what's the doctor's friggin problem? That poor child would receive more humane treatment from a veterinarian!

Which brings me back to my original question, why in the hell would any so called "doctor" be willing to use life support on the decomposing body of a girl who has been deceased for a month? Any moron right off of the street could see and smell that this poor girl is dead and nothing will save her or bring her back, so what's the doctor's friggin problem? That poor child would receive more humane treatment from a veterinarian!
    She certainly would, not to mention that a veterinarian would actually maintain and hold fast to a set of professional ethics, unlike the disgusting POS "doctor" who is carrying out this macabre charade. I have known our vet for more than 25 years and can guarantee that she would take immediate legal action against someone mistreating their pet in any way....it blows my mind that a numb nuts, dumb fuck judge outright gave this delusional "mother" carte blanche, knowing that she was going to get some quack to keep her daughter's corpse alive. WTF???? This case is a minute by minute real life horror show. Just UNREAL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    It think that this is really shameful of what is happening to this sad case of this little girl... Appears to be quite obvious, that instead of protecting, or actually looking out for her well-being, this family has totally lost sight of many real or sincere care for the treatment of her. There is NOTHING, that can, or will change for the better in this case, except for the possibility of numerous, and probable merit-less, baseless lawsuits, against a growing by the day list of just about anyone, or any facility, that has had even just the smallest involvement, in this ongoing farce, that is being paraded around, as something in this child's "health" interests. I am using that term very loosely, because there is NO HEALTH INTERESTS, in keeping a dead body, still having to have each breath pumped into her, where it is all but a certainty that there will NEVER be any improvement in her "health". I really do think that whatever Court now has the jurisdiction in this matter, should step in and have some limits enforced to stop this charade of having her well-being at the root cause for this continued farce. I really hope that whatever areas of the country, that is footing the bills for this to be continued, vote whoever out of their seat on the bench that is allowing this to happen, and maybe even a lawsuit to cease and desist, these useless and overwhelming expenditures, when those funds could be going to the care of possibly many people, with that amount of money could actually help someone, instead of it being wasted on this futile attempt, to "raise" this girl from the dead... O-well, these are just a few thoughts I had on this continued drama of bullshit. C.

I feel like, by keeping this girl on life support, the family is not only prolonging her suffering but their own as well. They know the effects are irreversible but they're making their lives so much more difficult by basically keeping an empty shell hooked up to something that can only do so much. Spending so much money on resources and even fighting for rights to keep her alive can't be so cheap. I know it sucks, but the chance of this girl even pulling through is beyond helpless at this point.

In my opinion, it's over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

lisalouver Guest
    I had to comment on this thread.. pardon me though because it has only been three weeks since I made the decision to remove my Dad's breathing tube and let him go..

I have followed the case from the beginning for a few reasons, my Dad was in the hospital on a vent when I first heard about this case, I have had my own tonsils out two years ago at the age of 43, and my daughter is a candidate for a tonsillectomy right now.

Regarding the function or no function of the girl, my Dad had suffered an anoxic brain injury due to prolonged CPR, and as a result, he had brain function, and was not brain dead. We had the choice to insert a feeding tube and a trach and send him to a nursing home, or to take out the breathing tube and let him go. Of course, we chose the latter since I know my Dad would never want that type of life (who would?). However, it is still the worst decision I have ever had to make in my life. My Dad opened his eyes, but did not track and he would yawn and cough with the vent in place. He lived 24 hours to the minute after we removed his tube. Heartbreaking.

I have a daughter only a few years younger than this girl. My daughters ENT is recommending a tonsillectomy due to tonsil stones (which I myself suffered from for years). I had a tonsillectomy two years ago at the age of 43. It went well, but I was in that small percentage of adults who bled out - 10 days post op and went back to the ER for cauterization. That was very traumatic.

As well as I have worked as a death investigator for the Medical Examiners Office for many years and have dealt with thousands of cases, and these types being one of them.

I feel for the family, I really do and I as well wish they would let her go. However, it is not my decision to make. It is theirs. I actually do know what they are going through.

I do not see any actual evidence that the family fed her a cheeseburger and I think that is absurd and will not believe it - I think this family has had a huge disservice done to them in the media and I feel terrible for them.

Regarding the state of the young girls body it is hard to say really - I have taken investigations on many people who are brain dead and donating their organs (or not). I hate for people to mention that she could have donated her organs because that is a personal choice and not one that all agree with. In addition, someone mentioned embalming. As someone who graduated from mortuary school as well, I can say that embalming is not a requirement and I highly doubt anyone but family would be viewing her - in addition cremation is what over half if not more of families go with today. So embalming is a moot point and really not relevant.

I just wish more would go easy on the family.

Thanks for reading, Lisa

Last edited by lisalouver; 01-14-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I had to comment on this thread.. pardon me though because it has only been three weeks since I made the decision to remove my Dad's breathing tube and let him go..

I have followed the case from the beginning for a few reasons, my Dad was in the hospital on a vent when I first heard about this case, I have had my own tonsils out two years ago at the age of 43, and my daughter is a candidate for a tonsillectomy right now.

Regarding the function or no function of the girl, my Dad had suffered an anoxic brain injury due to prolonged CPR, and as a result, he had brain function, and was not brain dead. We had the choice to insert a feeding tube and a trach and send him to a nursing home, or to take out the breathing tube and let him go. Of course, we chose the latter since I know my Dad would never want that type of life (who would?). However, it is still the worst decision I have ever had to make in my life. My Dad opened his eyes, but did not track and he would yawn and cough with the vent in place. He lived 24 hours to the minute after we removed his tube. Heartbreaking.

I have a daughter only a few years younger than this girl. My daughters ENT is recommending a tonsillectomy due to tonsil stones (which I myself suffered from for years). I had a tonsillectomy two years ago at the age of 43. It went well, but I was in that small percentage of adults who bled out - 10 days post op and went back to the ER for cauterization. That was very traumatic.

As well as I have worked as a death investigator for the Medical Examiners Office for many years and have dealt with thousands of cases, and these types being one of them.

I feel for the family, I really do and I as well wish they would let her go. However, it is not my decision to make. It is theirs. I actually do know what they are going through.

I do not see any actual evidence that the family fed her a cheeseburger and I think that is absurd and will not believe it - I think this family has had a huge disservice done to them in the media and I feel terrible for them.

Regarding the state of the young girls body it is hard to say really - I have taken investigations on many people who are brain dead and donating their organs (or not). I hate for people to mention that she could have donated her organs because that is a personal choice and not one that all agree with. In addition, someone mentioned embalming. As someone who graduated from mortuary school as well, I can say that embalming is not a requirement and I highly doubt anyone but family would be viewing her - in addition cremation is what over half if not more of families go with today. So embalming is a moot point and really not relevant.

Thanks for reading, Lisa

So sorry Lisa

I can only imagine how heartbroken you are. And near the holiday season as well.

This family unfortunately invited a lot of the bad feelings by their actions, that's all I have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    Is his even possible given the nature of this case? I honestly think that whomever signed off on it was either a) paid off or b) is hoping to garner publicity when all is said and done. If I'm not mistaken, no reputable facility was listed as being willing to step in. The one that was is not equip to handle this type of case... At all.

There are, however, plenty of shacy 'Doctors' willing to do anything for a price.

Thanks for reading, Lisa

Lisa, I just wanted to say I am so, so sorry for the loss of your father.

I cannot say I know how you feel, because I don't. Your post was a poignant reminder that until we've walked in another's shoes, we cannot know what is in the minds or hearts of others. I had no idea you were going through this. Imagining, though, what you described... my God.

I don't know that there's a right way to say this, I'm guessing there is not. But know that I am so very sorry, and my prayers are with you. Because they absolutely are.

x,
    Tonnie (TJ)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

I wonder if she's starting to smell yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I wonder if she's starting to smell yet?
    She hasnt smelled anything since she died.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    She hasnt smelled anything since she died.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    Lisa, I just wanted to say I am so, so sorry for the loss of your father.

I cannot say I know how you feel, because I don't. Your post was a poignant reminder that until we've walked in another's shoes, we cannot know what is in the minds or hearts of others. I had no idea you were going through this. Imagining, though, what you described... my God.

I don't know that there's a right way to say this, I'm guessing there is not. But know that I am so very sorry, and my prayers are with you. Because they absolutely are.

x,
    Tonnie (TJ)
    Thank you, truly.

Your post means so much to me!

Has it ever come out where she was taken? The hospital in NY or someplace? I'm thinking that they (the family) aren't going to announce to the media when she passes. Considering the fame whore uncle hasn't been in front of a camera lately, it's more than likely she's already passes as he'd definitely be in front of a camera saying "she's alive! She's alive" much like the family of Terri Schiavo did.

RebelRocker Guest
    they havent disclosed where she is being held at.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Has it ever come out where she was taken? The hospital in NY or someplace? I'm thinking that they (the family) aren't going to announce to the media when she passes. Considering the fame whore uncle hasn't been in front of a camera lately, it's more than likely she's already passes as he'd definitely be in front of a camera saying "she's alive! She's alive" much like the family of Terri Schiavo did.
    Funny, I just mentioned the same thing to someone at work today.

Maybe their lawyers told them to STFU!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Maybe their lawyers told them to STFU!
    It seems to me that their lawyer was the one who most needed to STFU.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    The childs death, if and when it happens, should not be public - regardless of if she is deceased already or ever will. It is their family, their child, and her death does not have to be released. If they decide to release a statement, that is their personal decision.

The childs death, if and when it happens, should not be public - regardless of if she is deceased already or ever will. It is their family, their child, and her death does not have to be released. If they decide to release a statement, that is their personal decision.
    Lisa, I really wasn't saying that they ​should announce that she's dead because as you pointed out we don't have the right to know. I guess I was pointing out that since the attention seeking uncle wasn't holding any press conferences that she may have already died. Personally I don't see how her organs could have held out this long and it's possibly going to be a few months from now that it's quietly announced that she did die in January, even if it's announced at all. As you pointed out, this would be the family's decision if it's announced at all... unless some tabloid *coughTMZcough* discovers it.

Lisa, I'm very sorry about your dad. I was in the same position in November. It was an agonizing decision to remove life support but it was the only decision that was right for him. In our case it was essentially a clear cut decision. I can only imagine your agony and heartache as your dad had some brain function, but I totally agree that a life dependent on someone for everything is no life at all. I'm so very sorry for your loss... I can feel your grief from your posts. Just take care of yourself *hug*