Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Howard

Ron Howard

I have always admired him, not just for his career, but because he seems to be a genuinely good guy, which is rare in Hollywood.

Anyone else agree?

Snoopy Guest
    I definately like this guy and was so happy when he finally won his Oscars.

Morto Guest
    Ron Howard is a huge talent,and a very down to earth guy.Remember his brother Clint,poor guy is the homliest guy around from Gentle Ben to?

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto View Post
    Ron Howard is a huge talent,and a very down to earth guy.Remember his brother Clint,poor guy is the homliest guy around from Gentle Ben to?
    Clint "I'm In A Buttload of Adam Sandler Movies" Howard.
    Maybe not a buttload but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kman0072 View Post
    I have always admired him, not just for his career, but because he seems to be a genuinely good guy, which is rare in Hollywood.

Anyone else agree?

I totally agree with you. He's been in the business most of his life and seems pretty unaffected by it all. That's rare these days.

poppie Guest
    I have a friend who is a friend of Ron Howard and his wife. I mean party attending, etc type friend. She says they still hold hands and both are terrific people. So good to hear, too.

OBX Guest
    First, his parents are to be commended on how they worked with him as a child actor and stayed involved as PARENTS and not as managers and agents.

Second, his brother is cool and just as nice as famous brother. When he won the MTV award, which was supposed to be a mocking award that year, he was so appreciative and happy, the MTV people no longer give that award. When he did his acceptance speech, his only request was the Ron make more movies for him to be in. It was funny and touching scene all at once and I hate the MTV Movie awards.

Seem like great guys and again it comes back to Mom and Dad

lisalouver Guest
    He seems like a good guy.

I know he has been married to his wife Cheryl for 33 years. Hard to believe "Ritchie Cunningham" is also a Grandpa!

Mrs F Guest
    He does seem like a really good guy. I love him as the narrator on "Arrested Development"

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Whammer Jammer View Post
    I totally agree with you. He's been in the business most of his life and seems pretty unaffected by it all. That's rare these days.
    Out of all the child actors Ron Howard is the most successful. Not bad to go from TV to directing some of the most popular modern movies of which some may become classics.

The Simpsons

Remember when he appeared with Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger? It was HILARIOUS!

Danny62 Guest
    Yep Ron Howard is a class act. You can tell fame has not gone to his head!

Don't see that much in Hollywood anymore! Was it Andy Griffith who gave him a movie camera in the 60's and got him into thinking about directing?

I know he shot alot of video during TAGS. Boy I would love to see that.

Xtine Guest
    a friend of mine waited on him and his family at the Grand Canyon (at a restaurant there). His kids were fans of soccer so my friend took them out and gave them a soccer ball to play with and Ron was so appreciative that he treated them (the kids) normal. My friend said they were all really nice, and he tipped well too!

Ted Challinor Guest
    I have to disagree on his merits - I'm sure he's a fine chap, but boy, has he made some Apple Pie Turkeys. Have any of you sat through Home and Away?
    ...Cocoon? Sentimental Dreadful stuff.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I like Ron Howard and put me with the people who say he seems like a real good guy BUT...I have to admit I really don't like his movies at all.
    I see "a Ron Howard movie" and I get automatically disappointed.
    Terrific person, I say absolutely YES but as a film maker, I say NO thanks.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I really like Ron..........I always wonder when one sibling is so much more famous than other, do they help them out finacinally.........I mean, if Clint is living off his earnings, he may very well be staying at the Y......

1karenhb Guest
    I think he is a great guy too. He told a story once on a talk show where he and his family and another 2 families were driving to Yosemite. They stopped at a donut shop briefly and then continued on. About half an hour later he gets a call on his cell phone asking if he was missing a kid. Sure enough one had been left at the donut shop and when they went back the kid was happily sitting there eating donuts. From then on they always did a head count.

His getting interested in directing

I remember reading in a PLAYBOY interview from 1994 that he followed George Lucas around with an 8 MM camera, during the filming of American Graffiti. When he was asked if he still had the films, he said no, that his mother had thrown them out.

Whether it started with Andy Griffith, I have no idea.

PvN73 Guest
    I like him too, not so much his movies!

I like that he narrated Arrested Development! That rocks! And when he did the Simpsons - GOLD!!!

I like him a lot, too. He seems like a nice fellow. His movies are comforting, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

mommafreak Guest
    i like him too. i think hollywood teens need to have a mentor, why not Ron? he seems really well grounded.

sassie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    I have to disagree on his merits - I'm sure he's a fine chap, but boy, has he made some Apple Pie Turkeys. Have any of you sat through Home and Away?
    ...Cocoon? Sentimental Dreadful stuff.
    Yeah, but all directors make turkeys. Look at Spielberg and "The Terminal".

I like Ron Howard. I always respected that he wasn't one of those child stars who turned 18, blew through his money while he sat on his butt and complained that the studios weren't knocking on his door with adult roles. Instead, he branched out into directing and worked hard to make it work. That's laudable.

crazedfemale Guest
    I think he won some kind of national contest for filmaking while a teenager. I think it was sponsored by either Kodak or some other camera company. It was a western that his wife (then girlfriend) and some other family members were in. His dad is in several TAGS, one playing the driver for the Governor, and another I remember he was a bus driver. He does look like his father Rance. His daughter Bryce Dallas is definitely the spitting image of daddy, now grandaddy thanks to her.

Jaxxx Guest
    Hollywood would be a different place if there were more Ron Howards, he's a class act

dovescry1999 Guest

Ron Howard in Jamie Foxx Video

I Think The Video is great, but how is Ron Howard linked to Jamie Foxx ? I know Oscar winners could be a reason, but look at the other people in the vid...Includes Jake Gyllenhaal (sp?) and Samuel L. Jackson.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/Ja...-It--206067518

I like it...
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by dovescry1999; 04-13-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Typo!

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I Think The Video is great, but how is Ron Howard linked to Jamie Foxx ? I know Oscar winners could be a reason, but look at the other people in the vid...Includes Jake Gyllenhaal (sp?) and Samule L. Jackson.
    "The actor-musician-comedian says it was during the president's inauguration festivities when he asked fellow Oscar-winners Ron Howard and Forest Whitaker to join him for his latest music video, "Blame It." Not only has the song become a No. 1 R&B smash, the video -- which also stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Samuel L. Jackson, T-Pain and Quincy Jones -- has created plenty of buzz."
    http://timestranscript.canadaeast.co...article/617048

Haha! Rolling with Opie in the Bentley!

Love love Samuel L!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Ron does seem a bit out of his comfy zone.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

And of course being hearing impaired I can not understand a bleepin word.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    "The actor-musician-comedian says it was during the president's inauguration festivities when he asked fellow Oscar-winners Ron Howard and Forest Whitaker to join him for his latest music video, "Blame It." Not only has the song become a No. 1 R&B smash, the video -- which also stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Samuel L. Jackson, T-Pain and Quincy Jones -- has created plenty of buzz."
    http://timestranscript.canadaeast.co...article/617048

Thank you for that. I was wondering how they hooked up...

carebearsluv Guest
    I love this song and video!

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    I love this song and video!
    I got hooked! I don't know how it happened, but I'm hooked ! Had to watch it at least 5 times before I came to work...

For some reason, I'm finding that Jaime Foxx is kinda attractive (I guess I had to get Ray Charles outr of my head, before I say that)

carebearsluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I got hooked! I don't know how it happened, but I'm hooked ! Had to watch it at least 5 times before I came to work...

For some reason, I'm finding that Jaime Foxx is kinda attractive (I guess I had to get Ray Charles outr of my head, before I say that)
    Oh, I just love me some Jamie Foxx! He's from around my way.

I just realized your avatar, have you seen Jamie's impression of Prince on In Living Color? Hilarious!

Two Lost Souls Guest
    Oddest cameo ever!

mstee2u1972 Guest
    I love this song...every time I get in my truck it is on the radio! "Blame it on the juice, got ya feeliin' loose..."

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    Oh, I just love me some Jamie Foxx! He's from around my way.

I just realized your avatar, have you seen Jamie's impression of Prince on In Living Color? Hilarious!
    "Bet ya bottom dollar
    I can make you feel alright...
    And when you scream and holler (YEAHHHOOOOO!!)
    Just hold on tight, with all your might
    I got a hole in my JEANS!!!!"

In other words, yeah I've seen it (LOL)

dovescry1999 Guest
    I just love looking at him. He is so cute...

Ron Howard looks so out of place in the vid

Also didn't realize Jamie Foxx is so hot....nice

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Ron Howard looks so out of place in the vid

Also didn't realize Jamie Foxx is so hot....nice
    He did, didn't he ? But, it seemed right, for some strange reason.
    And, I have to agree. Jamie looks GOOD. Biscuits and Gravy, honey!

Opie is always right. You can never go wrong with He Who Was Opie.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Because, even if they never watched those shows (I never did) EVERYONE knows Opie Cunningham!!

carebearsluv Guest
    How cute! lol

ShockDoc Guest
    In my opinion the song and video are a big hunk o' nothing...Howard looks suitably 'serious', as Im sure he was directed to do. Borrrring...

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post

Cute little Opie didn't turn out so hot did he?

Edited to add: (in the looks department)
    Last edited by findadeathaddict; 04-12-2009 at 05:10 PM.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Cute little Opie didn't turn out so hot did he?

Nope...watched him on Real Time cuz Gore Vidal was on the same show, and the guy had the personality of moss growing on the side of a tree....hard to believe he has directed some of the most imaginative movies of our time

Ron is a lot more comfy behind the camera.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockDoc View Post
    In my opinion the song and video are a big hunk o' nothing...Howard looks suitably 'serious', as Im sure he was directed to do. Borrrring...
    The best thing for you to do, is NOT post in this topic, then. I think that was rude...

Fujicakes Guest
    Love the song. Not a big fan of the video, though I must say Sam Jackson and panda head are a plus.

And I agree, Jamie is a cutie, but I'm not liking that little goatee thing he has going.

carebearsluv Guest
    I found this video of Jamie singing the Brady Bunch theme song. It's worth watching if you haven't already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXBigPJI_c&NR=1