Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What song scared you as a kid.

Danny62 Guest
    Slim Whitman-Indian Love call

God that yodeling is a fate worse than death!!!

orionova Guest
    The first time I ever heard the song '1999' by Prince, I was alone in my bedroom one night. It had that creepy voice saying "don't worry. I don't want to hurt you. I just want you to have some fun." and I screamed and ran out of my room sharpish. I felt silly when my sister told me it was the intro to a song, though.

I cannot listen to 'Hotel California'. It sends me into a panic attack instantly.

Nik Guest
    Oddly enough, "I want you/She's so heavy" from Abbey Road. The Beatles, yeah. I loved the Beatles, but the thing about this song that scared me was the abrupt cut at the end of the song. There was no explanation in my mind for it, so I always got scared whenever it stopped. Now it's one of my favorite songs. Go figure.

GODDESS6 Guest
    "riders on the storm"...there's a killer on the road..., by the doors, i always listened to the radio at night when i was a kid & this song played nearly everynight, it scared me so badly i couldn't get out of bed to change the channel, i just hid under my covers~

knothere Guest
    sumin about a train by chris de burgh
    midnight train dunt remember its about god n the devil doin sumin on a train lol owell
    wood scare the shyt outa me listenin to it on my double speaker 8 track am n fm sterio

SuckMyKiss Guest
    In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins. Always scared me as a kid. It's the drums at the beginning. Theres something...sinister about it. And now they've made a Cadburys advert with it on. *shudder*

SW4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins. Always scared me as a kid. It's the drums at the beginning. Theres something...sinister about it. And now they've made a Cadburys advert with it on. *shudder*
    Hilarious advert, but Cadbury's made a mistake....the gorilla has far more hair than Phil Collins

SuckMyKiss Guest
    And is actually a far better drummer. IMO. LOL

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    Ugh, I can't stand that advert...I mean, really, it doesn't take much at ALL to make me want chocolate, and that doesn't make me want chocolate at all...wtf, Cadbury's, wtf?!

SW4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    Ugh, I can't stand that advert...I mean, really, it doesn't take much at ALL to make me want chocolate, and that doesn't make me want chocolate at all...wtf, Cadbury's, wtf?!
    They want everyone to hold off buying massive amounts of sweets until the Christmas season??

It is a strange advert

SwineBird Guest
    "The EDDDDDDDGE......of Night."
    *shudder*

Cool Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by SW4 View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

For your listening pleasure, I give you....D.O.A., by Bloodrock....

Amazing now to think this ever got airplay in 1971

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFGNMQeoo4Q
    No way am I ever going to listen to this again......

LupeVelez Guest

Jesus Want's Me For A Sunbeam

To shine for him each day. In every way try to please him, at home at school, at play. A sunbeam, a sunbeam. Jesus want's me for a sunbeam. A sunbeam, a sunbeam. I'll be a sunbeam for him.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Jim Beam.....need....noooo......must have Jim.............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

djdeath-hag Guest
    I apologize, no offense intended by my last remark......it just seemed to fit and always strikes my fancy.....well, almost always.

Irishlass Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbid1 View Post
    The song "Nights in white satin" for some reason used to scare
    the crap out of me when I was a kid.My sister would play it over
    and over,even today I don't like the song.But I love the Moody
    Blues other songs though.I probably did too much paint chips
    as a kid..lol.

-Morbid1
    I was the same way, Night in white satin reminde dme of death for some reason, One night i was about 10 i woke up in the middle of the night to hear it playing in my sisters room. I was so scared
    I have it on my MP3 player now but it still give me chills

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
    I was the same way, Night in white satin reminde dme of death for some reason, One night i was about 10 i woke up in the middle of the night to hear it playing in my sisters room. I was so scared
    I have it on my MP3 player now but it still give me chills
    Is "Night in WHite Satin" the winner so far? Seems to get listed alot, and I agree.

Or maybe "DOA"?

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Believe it or not Helter Skelter & Blackbird

SW4 Guest
    To me, Nights in White Satin was an atmospheric "mind-expanding" piece of music, but....to be fair...it may have been those major halluceonegics we were taking

D.O.A. came along several years later, and is just plain downright shocking.

I posted the link to this "uplifting" tune earllier in this thread if anyone would like a listen

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SW4 View Post
    To me, Nights in White Satin was an atmospheric "mind-expanding" piece of music, but....to be fair...it may have been those major halluceonegics we were taking

D.O.A. came along several years later, and is just plain downright shocking.

I posted the link to this "uplifting" tune earllier in this thread if anyone would like a listen
    SW4, I had a laugh over your "post count doesn't matter" line.

SW4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    SW4, I had a laugh over your "post count doesn't matter" line.
    Cheers....it's true, innit?

Xtine Guest
    The theme to a show called "The Hitch hicker"
    and Thriller (only at the end when Vincent Price laughed)

Okay...my Mom took me and my brother to the drive-in to see "The Exorcist" when I was nine. I can't begin to tell you the trauma that caused me...lol Anywho...to this day whenever I hear "Tubular Bells" I freak out. I'm 41 and still can't listen to it for long without someone else being in the room. Thanks Mom...lol

Morrissey Guest
    Hahah, Tubular Bells is one of my many ringtones.

When I was 11 (don't know if this counts as being a kid, but hey) I used to put a certain song on, in the dark, to torture myself. I would cower under the covers on my top bunk, and cry because it was so scary.

That song was "Dinner at Deviant's Palace" by Cradle of Filth.

I still can't listen to it. :x

The theme to THE TWILLIGHT ZONE, the theme to THE OUTER LIMITS, the soundtrack to PsYCHO whenever they were on tv.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
    The Eagles - Hotel California

both of these songs creeped me out as a kid. looking back...I have NO idea why!!

Laura1020 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    The first one is Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult. I much prefer Godzilla....

KISS scared the living Jesus out of me when I was a kid. I was very small in the late 70s, since I was born in 1975, after all, so you know, you have these dudes dressed in their freaky outfits, with their makeup on, with the pyrotechnics, well....not a good scene!

But then, I was the kid who freaked out whenever The Incredible Hulk came on television, too.
    Ok, Ms. K. Are you my doppleganger? KISS scared the crap out of me. Even Paul Stanley, whose makeup was just a stupid star! Don't even get me started on The Hulk. I had this babysitter who made me watch it one night and I was terrified. Scarred for life. And I was scared by the theme from the Pink Panther. Remember when the Pink Panther was hocking that pink insulation? I couldn't even watch those commercials!

Laura1020 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbilina View Post
    Okay...my Mom took me and my brother to the drive-in to see "The Exorcist" when I was nine. I can't begin to tell you the trauma that caused me...lol Anywho...to this day whenever I hear "Tubular Bells" I freak out. I'm 41 and still can't listen to it for long without someone else being in the room. Thanks Mom...lol
    I hear ya! I'm 32 and can't watch that damn movie all the way through. I think in the eighties "Tubular Bells" was also used in a commercial for microwave ovens. It showed ice melting in a bag in the microwave or something like that. I don't know. I never watched the entire commercial. Too scared.

fanable Guest
    Tubular Bells <shudders>

The theme to the Twilight Zone

travnut Guest
    Carol Channing singing Hello Dolly.

Bagpipes playing Amazing Grace

ibestevie Guest
    I know this sounds stupid but I was scared shitless by an old folk song recorded by the Kingston Trio called "Charlie on the MTA" when I was a little kid. The song is about a guy who gets stuck on a Boston subway train because he doesn't have the correct exit fare and he spends the rest of his life stuck on a subway car. I grew up (and still live) in Boston. I really thought this could happen!! All these years later I still get freaky when I hear that song.

Jack Raines Guest
    "In A Gadda Da Vida" by Iron Butterfly, the Twilight Zone theme, and for some unknown reason, Gloria Estefan's "The Rythm Is Gonna Get You" used to scare the hell outta me as a kid.

Andrea Guest
    For me, definitely the D.O.A. by Bloodrock...............and the theme to the Exorcist.

Andrea

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I don't know who did the song, or all the lyrics except "They're coming to take me away to the funny farm". Creepy.

Extremely......totally creeped me out and my older cousin played it constantly....being as he was a creep himself it really wasn`t a shock...

That Christmas song "Do yo hear what I hear" used yo freak me out. So did I'm Your Boogie Man by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. And the theme to The Poseiden Adventure and the theme to Jaws.
    Last edited by ichabodius; 12-02-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Jaxxx Guest
    The song where the guy yells, I am the GOD of Hell's Fire! and I bring you fire.....

Kathyf Guest
    Funeral for a Friend- Elton John
    Beatles -Yesterday I heard it when my Grandpa died think of it everytime I hear it.

My parents were country music fans, so for me, it was those creepy country songs like "Phantom 309", "Open Pit Mine", "Ghost Riders in the Sky", etc.
    Last edited by madeline; 12-03-2007 at 07:58 AM.

lil_zino Guest
    "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans freaked the heck out of me as a youngster. My dad absolutely loved that song and played it all the time. I recently saw a video for it on YouTube and now I can see why it was so controversial at the time.

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    no I don't remember it lol
    theres a Supertramp song that has by accident a recording of sum chic gettin raped/jumped whatever in the laneway of the building
    they kept her scream on the trac n the rest is history
    http://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/roller.asp

Sorry, Urban Legend and it was the Ohio Players "Love Rollercoaster"

xenaswolf Guest
    Tubular Bells
    Number of the Beast ( Woe to the of Earth and Sea....or whatever it was)
    And believe it or not,

Karma Chameleon by Culture Club....I dreamed Boy George was chasing me with an axe singing that song....

Stairway to Heaven always gave me chills

Jazbabee Guest
    There was a song in the 70's that scared the daylights out of my younger brother.......Big foots comin, gonna get ya, gonna get ya. Big foots coming so you better beware. Lock your doors and bolt your windows, cuz biggfoots on the prowl !!

I can't recall the name of the song, nor who did it ??

Keyser Soze Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_zino View Post
    "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans freaked the heck out of me as a youngster. My dad absolutely loved that song and played it all the time. I recently saw a video for it on YouTube and now I can see why it was so controversial at the time.
    Oh My GAWD! Me too! Damn 8 tracks!
    Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street too! Booga!

44. 12-03-2007, 06:37 AM

Honey by Bobby Goldsboro
    Wildfire by America

Those songs creeped me out as a kid and I still don't like them

The Halloween theme song, being home alone and hearing that creepy tune = scared kid.

When I was a wee one it was R Dean Taylor's "There's A Ghost In My House."

I took it too literally.

l'm another one for "don't fear the reaper"
    freaked me out instantly and l still can't listen to it. even someone else doing a cover of it.

the theme from doctor who. to this day l've never seen the show because l couldn't get past the theme song.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post
    D.O.A.
    YES!!!!!!! TERRIFYING SONG! TO THIS DAY! First one that came to mind.

I remember somehow the record getting played in my sixth grade class. WTF!?!
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 12-03-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by viridescence View Post
    Are you thinking of the scream at the beginning of "Love Rollercoaster" by the Ohio Players? If so, that's an urban legend: http://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/roller.asp.

THAT TOO!!!!

to this day I know when the scream part is coming and I get chills, urban legend or no. And it's not the beginning. Maybe 2/3 of the way.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 12-03-2007 at 05:15 PM.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbid1 View Post
    The song "Nights in white satin" for some reason used to scare
    the crap out of me when I was a kid.My sister would play it over
    and over,even today I don't like the song.But I love the Moody
    Blues other songs though.I probably did too much paint chips
    as a kid..lol.

-Morbid1
    In the 70s I thought it was "Knights In White Satin"...a song about the KKK.
    The song that used to scare me was "The Legend of Wooley Swamp" by The Charlie Daniels Band.