Page 1 of 56 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Cobain

dentists Guest

Kurt Cobain

anything new?

knothere Guest
    i think kurts murder shoud have been solved

GODDESS6 Guest
    remember the kurt & courtney conspiracy film, where her dad says he knows that courtney had kurt killed? this has always been sucha mystery to me, i am currently reading his journals~ most of it is just everyday stuff, nothing real interesting yet~

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    i think kurts murder shoud have been solved
    If he didn't try and kill himself a couple of months prior to his death it may have been easier to see it as a murder. I don't think this will ever be "solved" and will remain in history as a suicide.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    If he didn't try and kill himself a couple of months prior to his death it may have been easier to see it as a murder. I don't think this will ever be "solved" and will remain in history as a suicide.
    I second that.

candleinthewind Guest
    I haven't heard any new information. There's something being hidden but I doubt we'll find out much more.

HippieMama Guest
    I saw a documentary once that said the length of the shotgun used to kill him compared to the length of his arm determined that there was no possibility that he could have shot himself . . . the gun was too long for him to hold and fire on himself. And remember that suicide note? It was really a song he was writing, none of it was written like a suicide note except for the last part that was scrawled in a different pen and what seems to be a different hand.

Guest Guest
    Well, I think it was suicide, and nothing more. Imagine being married to Courtney, need I say more? What would you do? That woman is so trashed, and screwed up not just now but then too. Besides, I don't think Courtney could kill anything, she may look trashy but she's really harmless.

HippieMama Guest
    Harmless, huh? Have you seen her behavior on the red carpet and on stage? Punching people, starting fights, trying drug addictions on like they're shoes?
    It's not fair to blame her either if he did indeed commit suicide, people kill themselves because of their own lack of coping skills to deal with their problems. Otherwise, we could charge irritating spouses and cheating lovers with murder.

Guest Guest
    ugh yeah, she's harmless. If you had cameras in your face all day long, you'd punch someone too. As I said she's trashy has bad behavior but she is harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    ugh yeah, she's harmless. If you had cameras in your face all day long, you'd punch someone too. As I said she's trashy has bad behavior but she is harmless.
    Have you heard her music? anything but Harmless

Guest Guest
    Yeah her music sucks, which is why she hasn't TRIED to continue on with it. Thank God

Ms. K Guest
    I still say Kurt committed suicide. Being married to Courtney Love, the Trash Queen, would make me want to end it all.

But then, with the drug addiction, and the depression, waking up one day and realizing that not only did you MARRY Courtney Love, but also reproduced with her? Yeah, I say suicide.

Casanndra Guest
    http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

An interesting site with lots of details to read through

Laurie Guest
    Maybe I'm just a skeptic (okay, I totally am) but the dude tried to off himself a couple of times before he succeeded. If he was a murder victim of Courtney Love why didn't he stand up and scream, "Hey everyone! This bitch keeps trying to kill me!" the second time he almost died...two months before he actually did?

Casanndra Guest
    According to the site I linked (which I'm not saying is completely accurate) the suicide attempt in Rome, wasn't called that until after he died, and there is some speculation that Courtney drugged him because he was planning to leave her that night, she was the one seen with the Rohypnol before Kurt even got to Rome.

I believe it was suicide.

I also believe there's a lesson to be learned from Kurt's suicide:

Don't play games that you can't afford to win.

Laurie Guest
    Ummm...people were calling it a suicide attempt when it happened. Which, if it wasn't...why wasn't he screaming that the bitch was trying to kill him?

Laurie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    I believe it was suicide.

I also believe there's a lesson to be learned from Kurt's suicide:

Don't play games that you can't afford to win.
    That last line of yours? Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    That last line of yours? Brilliant.

Thanks.

I could go off on a rant about Kurt but I'll spare everyone, FTM.

Ms. K Guest
    I'm still annoyed by my friends who have apparently stayed stuck in our post-high school days.

"She MURDERED him! We ALL know it!" No, she did NOT murder him. He committed suicide. I thought he committed suicide back then, I still think he committed suicide now, but my stoner-grunge friends from back in the day still insist that Courtney murdered him.

Kurt had some serious problems. No doubt about that. And he MEANT to kill himself. One does NOT put a shotgun under one's chin and pull the trigger as a cry for help. No, that's a swan song, thanks.

Jack Raines Guest
    I honestly can't decide if I think he was murdered or killed himself (although I lean toward thinking he was possibly murdered). I really doubt anyone will ever know for sure what happened, but here are a few of the things that make me doubt it was suicide:

I think the rohypnol overdose in Rome was an accident, and even the doctor who attended to Kurt in Rome has said he doesn't believe it was intentional.

After Cobain died, Kurt and Courtney's lawyer, Rosemary Carroll said Kurt was planning to divorce Courtney and speculated that if there was a suicide note that it must have been forged through someone tracing letters from his journal. And many of Kurt's friends have said that he was actually pretty upbeat at the time and not suicidal at all.

Some people buy into the whole El Duce theory, I think he was probably just a drunk looking for publicity and its a coincidence that he was seen hanging out with a strange new friend, then hit by a train later that night, shortly after coming forward with his claims that Courtney tried to pay him to kill Kurt.

And really, lets be honest: even if Kurt did kill himself, that annoying bitch Courtney Love probably drove him to that point.
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 10-06-2007 at 12:11 AM.

Lurkster Guest
    And really, lets be honest: even if Kurt did kill himself, that annoying bitch Courtney Love probably drove him to that point.
    You said what I was thinking.

Jack Raines Guest
    I found an interesting clip on YouTube, Mike Walker from the National Enquirer was on Geraldo Rivera in 1994 and claimed the Enquirer received a photo of Kurt in his casket and Kurt looked "terrific", but Mike said his fellow editors declined to print it because Kurt took his own life. Does anyone think this is true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0SWCxQiyK0

And here's another video someone took from outside Kurt's greenhouse the day his body was found, you can see part of Kurt's head, but all I could make out was hair:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZWRZpiX9g
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 10-06-2007 at 09:06 PM.

LivingDeadGirl Guest
    I stand by my theory that Courtney did it. There seems like way too many facts showing that it wasn't suicide; the amount of drugs in his system, the fact that the barrel of the gun had to be so far in his mouth that it probably would have gone through his skull before he pulled the trigger.

dentists Guest
    I had one photo of his dead body.
    It creeped me out so I deleted it now I'd like to view again and can't!
    It was definitely NOT the pic floating around with the bloody stump that was once a head (not him).
    The photo I had was stolen and the guy who had it (among other things) was arrested back a few years ago.
    Anyway, from what I remembered of the photo it was decent quality and without a doubt not faked.
    His head was actually ok looking but his mouth was gaping open and his eyes were open and it was scary-he looked exactly like a mannequin, he was lying on the floor and the pic was black & white, kinda looked like a scanned polaroid.
    Anyways, I was hoping to see it again.
    Anybody know?

i've always heard that the amount of heroin in his system would've made it completely impossible for him to shoot himself. even though he was a junkie, the heroin was too much for his system. the length of the gun too.

i honestly have no clue what the hell it was...but it always seemed suspicious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Casanndra View Post
    http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

An interesting site with lots of details to read through
    wow, that was interesting stuff. some of that i had never heard. i def think something is fishy. who knows, maybe he did kill himself. but it seems that far more clues point to murder. we'll probably never know for sure.

candleinthewind Guest
    If the Enquirer had a photo, they would have printed it. The John Lennon photo was unauthorized and they printed Elvis and many others. I doubt they would have any qualms about the suicide.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Did ya'all know Courtney "writes" a blog? It's pathetic and hilarious, full of misspellings and ramblings and it makes no sense. I wish I could remember the name, Desert Rose, maybe? In that vein, I also blog and write a bit of fiction and I wrote a short story about Courtney and posted it on my blog. Someone in her comments section and found it and linked it at one point, although it's gone now, as far as I know.

There are a lot of things that don't add up with Kurt's death. Does anyone else find it questionable that Courtney has never remarried and all of her romances have been very low key in terms of media coverage? I don't think it would behoove the Widow Cobain to remarry, would it?

Jack Raines Guest
    This pic is supposedly Kurt's body after he died, but it looks really fake to me (its not gory at all, and it shows his head):

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...ium05/0791.gif

And a few years ago, Courtney Love (or someone posting on her account) posted this message late one night on the old official Hole forum, about the mutilation of Kurt's corpse after his death (I corrected the spelling and added comments in [] brackets.).

Of course, the original post was deleted after a day or 2, and that forum is gone completely now, but someone keeps an archive of Courtney's old posts here: http://www.geocities.com/handsfirstf...tells_all.html and someone posted it on a Nirvana board here; http://www.nirvanaforums.com/index.p...nter&f=4&t=207

"Some little shit worked at the Seattle coroner's office he "volunteered" to accompany the body to the funeral home.

When he got there he dressed the body had his friends come and videotaped him and his friends dancing with the body.

They danced with him
    Then one of them cut him - they cut parts of him and they kept them.

Then he somehow got ahold of the suicide note and made t-shirts of them.

Then I found out in a really horrible way- somneone had taped this tape of them dancing with his body after they shaved his head.

Theres (I can't watch it) girls sitting, drinking beer while they play Pearl Jam music and dance with his body broken and bloody.

This funeral home is part of a chain (because Edward [Norton] went through this with me when his mom died, he found out the funeral home was in the same chain and him and his brother went there and stayed until she was put int her urn and cremated).

The chain is a billion dollar a year business based in Houston.

I decided to quietly and without telling Wendy and Kim [Kurt's mom and sister] - sue them for ALOT as it seemd every employee at the home danced with him and cut him.

Someone cut out his HEART- I was going to take than money from these fuckers and just put it in Wendy's account.

I know if I publicized this it would disgrace this poor kid even more.

One of the guys carved words into him. the word I heard they carved was "fag"."
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 10-07-2007 at 08:57 PM.

I'm not a Nirvana fan by no means, but with the mutilation story all I can say is UGH! People are sure sick.

cachluv Guest
    He physically was not/would not have able to reach the trigger. It was a rifle.

There was 3 times the lethal dose of morphine in his body. True, he was an addict and would have had a higher tolerance BUT he was fresh out of rehab and had been dry for a few days so his tolerance was once again lowered.

There were no fingerprints at all on the gun. How was he so tidy, dead?

In a box lying beside him were a few items, most importantly an 8K wad of black tar heroin, a nicely and securely wrapped shoot kit he had just used and some cash. Again with the tidy. How did he wrap everything up and put everything away, that high or that dead?

The investigator on the case was found dead and coincidentally replaced by an old party friend of Courtney's.

Kirsten Pfaff, the girl Kurt was in process of leaving Courtney for, was also found dead of an OD the night before she was to move back home to start a new life.

El Deuce, full of shit or not, was still killed 8 days after he blabbed to the BBC docco guy to "ask Allen" who did it (Allen Wrench from another band). (El Deuce was a derelict, for sure. Google his band The Mentors and watch a video if you can. Just the once though, don't do that to yourself man

The handwriting on the bottom portion of the suicide note didn't match the handwriting on the top portion. Why were handwriting samples found in her bag right after his death??

That entire week was riddled with lies from Courtney and conflicting stories to different people. Why did she tell the police department she was Kurt's mom Wendy when she reported him as a missing person (via phone, from her hotel, out of town)??

Kurt's ATM card was being used after his death.

Kurt and his friend Dylan Carlson bought a gun just days before he turned up dead. His friend later said that Kurt told him it was "for protection".

A few days after his death, Courtney went ahead and released the album of songs that Kurt wrote and arranged for her. She titled it "Live Through This".

After the Rome incident (accidental OD, not suicide attempt), why did Courtney wait 3 hours to call an ambulance after finding him unresponsive?? Why was her makeup freshly applied at 4am in the photos of their ambulance ride?? When he woke up from his coma, why was the first thing he did was to write "Fuck you Courtney" on a piece of paper?

There's a million whiffs of seafood all over this case. I understand how conspiracy-theory, tinfoil-hat this all seems. I am not saying I believe she did it, or even that she just had a hand in it but someone else did it. I am saying it's fishy and needs a second look is all. A poster above wisely states that if she is truly innocent, people are being unfair to suspect her and hate her for being involved. A second look would be beneficial to her as well as to Kurt and even to their daughter Frances. Truly, this man had issues all unto himself and self-destruction was certainily at play often with him but I would like to think that if I were dead that the world world cared enough to set the record straight on how I died. So this is my theory:

Kurt broke out of rehab after just a couple of days, made some phone calls to score some dope and hook up with a party friend (maybe someone had been in contact with him while he was in rehab) to hole up in the greenhouse above his garage and party. He knew Courtney was out of town. He shot up, and his "party friend" then shot him up again, which would explain two sets of fresh tracks. Then the other person arranged a shotgun wound to the head to stage a suicide, so that "he wouldn't wake up this time". The fact that the second track mark on his arm was not raised is also consistent with the theory that he may have already been dead or close to dead when he was injected with that second dose. The fact that there was not much blood on the floor is also consistent with a gunshot wound to an already dead or close to dead person. I do think he was killed and I think Courtney had a hand in it.

Woah - that's some freaky shit. Thanks for posting all that. Not just the stuff about mutilating his body in the morgue (those people - if it's true - are dealing with the bad karma from that I figure), and the stuff with Courtney - well if all that is true in regards to Kurt's myserious death, she's got bad karma of her own following her around...

well put, cachlove. i never believed it was murder until i started reading about the private investigators case. i'll be damned if he offed himself. sure, he was a case for suicide, but according to everyone but courtney, he was on a better track and certainly didn't seem suicidal in the month leading up to his death.

the whole thing seems fishy. i wonder if the thing will EVER be officially re-investigated. it'd be verrry interesting to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

erin Guest
    Personally,I don't think anyone would WANT to marry Courtney. Eww! Asfor Kurt's death, I believe it was suicide. I have been where he was, mentally, and I know how hopeless things can feel. Add that to the drug addiction and inability to cope with the fame, and there you go, A majorly depressed person's reason for not living. It makes complete sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    Personally,I don't think anyone would WANT to marry Courtney. Eww! Asfor Kurt's death, I believe it was suicide. I have been where he was, mentally, and I know how hopeless things can feel. Add that to the drug addiction and inability to cope with the fame, and there you go, A majorly depressed person's reason for not living. It makes complete sense to me.
    it's not really about whether or not he wanted to commit suicide. it's that all the facts lean towards murder. it's all too damn suspicious to me. and i'm not normally a person who believes in conspiracy theories. but from everything i've read, not to mention her actions in the days leading up to and following his "suicide"...somethings just not right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Did ya'all know Courtney "writes" a blog? It's pathetic and hilarious, full of misspellings and ramblings and it makes no sense. I wish I could remember the name, Desert Rose, maybe? In that vein, I also blog and write a bit of fiction and I wrote a short story about Courtney and posted it on my blog. Someone in her comments section and found it and linked it at one point, although it's gone now, as far as I know.

There are a lot of things that don't add up with Kurt's death. Does anyone else find it questionable that Courtney has never remarried and all of her romances have been very low key in terms of media coverage? I don't think it would behoove the Widow Cobain to remarry, would it?
    I think that noone wants to deal with her behavior is the reason why she is still single. Now the most recent thing I've seen about her is battling with her weight and turning into flesh and bones.

mandi Guest

Angry

I wouldnt trust Courtney Love for any love or money.
    She will be remembered for being the 90's Yoko Ono, my husband is a huge Nirvana fan and he believes she is heavily involved in his death.
    I on the other hand think she is wrong on a lotta levels and i wish she also would just disappear

boingo Guest
    I think that Courtney was out of town when he died.
    So even if someone else pulled the trigger, it would not have been her.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I always figured some Nirvana fan would woo her and marry her to carry on the torch, so to speak. Good Lord, can you imagine that harridan in your everyday life and waking up to that?

I wrote the short story about Courtney and the plot goes something like this: I feel sorry for her and she comes to live in my basement until she drives my family crazy and I kick her out. I thought it was very tongue-in-cheek and funny but some of her fans were not happy. It's fiction, it's labeled as such and it's satire. And it's not like I published it in Esquire or Rolling Stone or anything. It was on my blog, for the love of God.

Quote Originally Posted by boingo View Post
    I think that Courtney was out of town when he died.
    So even if someone else pulled the trigger, it would not have been her.
    according the estimated day that he died, she was in seattle. she was in LA when his body was discovered. she had called for some work to be done on the house, she asked them to work on the greenhouse in particular (which is where his body was found). sounds an awful lot like she wanted his body to be found. as it had probably been up there a few days by then.

also, why would a wife who is "frantically searching" for her "suicidal" husband go out of town on business (which, her lawyer insists there was none of.) ?? adds to the fish-factor if you ask me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

just a sidenote---- i was a huge fan of Hole up until i started reading all this stuff about the case.

also, isn't it funny that the album that came out right after his death was the only piece of brilliant work that "she" ever put out. and everything that has come out in the years since has been...well, less than stellar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I think the Widow Cobain was really effed up at the time, as well. Lots of her story doesn't add up or make sense in any way. Remember her behavior at the funeral and the memorial?

As far as her music, I've seen clips of her stuff Pre Curt's death and Post Curt's death and well dot dot dot.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    Harmless, huh? Have you seen her behavior on the red carpet and on stage? Punching people, starting fights, trying drug addictions on like they're shoes?
    It's not fair to blame her either if he did indeed commit suicide, people kill themselves because of their own lack of coping skills to deal with their problems.
    Years ago, I would have agreed with you entirely. But now...I'm not so sure.

The older I get, the more I'm convinced that we're all issued a "rope." I don't know how long yours is...and you don't know how long mine is.

But you and I will definitely know when we're at the end of our respective ropes.

And once we've gotten to that point, I'm not sure that any amount of counseling, intervention, whatever, is really going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    Otherwise, we could charge irritating spouses and cheating lovers with murder.
    Well, why shouldn't we be able to charge irritating spouses with murder? Okay, maybe not charge them with murder, but at least charge them with being a "contributing" cause to a suicide (although I admit that such a thing might be quite difficult to prove).

If someone is in your face 24/7, I'm not convinced that topping yourself because you simply can't take it anymore is necessarily an indication of poor coping skills. Human beings have a finite supply of patience and endurance. Ghandi, for instance, is admired far more for what he didn't do (i.e. simply have his followers take up arms and start shooting) than for what he did.

I was once involved (very unwillingly, I can tell you) in a domestic dispute. And I had to call the cops because the only alternative available would have been to start doing Social Work with my hands and feet.

(And, yes, I do know how awful that sounds. But please believe me when I tell you that violence does not just "come out of nowhere" as people always seem to claim it does. There are always very clear signs ("precursors") that something violent is about to occur. But it's far easier to simply pretend that such signs don't exist...because that absolves you from having to act.)

I certainly felt bad for the woman involved in the domestic who, it was obvious, had been smacked around in the past. At the same time, I also felt a measure of sympathy for the guy involved. Because this woman had a mouth on her you just wouldn't believe.

I mean, it was immediately obvious that the person who came up with that old platitude about "sticks and stones" had clearly never met this woman.

At any rate, yes, I agree that Kurth Cobain has to take responsibility for attempting to utilize a shotgun as a Q-Tip. But at the same time, I don't think that a nagging, shrewish wife is entirely blameless if their husband decides he simply can't endure it anymore and wants out now (and vice-versa, of course).

Cruelty and abuse do not always come in the form of a kick or a punch. And not everyone is lucky enough to "marry well."

relander Guest
    Simply put, Cobain was a coward.

givemegore Guest

Kurt Cobain

What are everyone's thought's on Kurt Cobain's death? I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but ran across this website and I don't know what to think now. This site http://www.cobaincase.com/ was created by a PI that Courtney Love hired to find Kurt before his body was found. The more I read about that chick the more she disgusts me.

Just realized this is actors and actresses, can any of the MOD's delete this? Thanks.
    Last edited by givemegore; 10-08-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Needs to be removed.

There's already a thread on Kurt in the MUSICIAN section - thanks!

givemegore Guest

Coward?

Before this becomes a flame board check out www.cobaincase.com . I totally believed he did it til' I checked that out. This is all information from the private eye that Courtney hired to find Kurt. If anything it shows you the type of person that she is.

candleinthewind Guest
    I did not know about the mutilation but I did know that there were many people who had access to his body so i'm not really surprised. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't add up.