Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What song scared you as a kid.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Mr Roboto by Styx scared the holy hell out of me as a kid. So did the panting part in Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran. Thriller, I loved. Go figure.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    in an earlier post i said i didn't have one that scared me. i lied. you remember that song that willie wonka (gene wilder) sang whe nthey were going through that tunnel on the chocolate river? OMFG!! that part, and that song, scared the crap out of me!
    "Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing?" Yeah, that song was creepy......yet I found Gene Wilder to be genius in his portrayal of Wonka.

Forever-27 Guest
    After seeing the movie Deliverance, I always dredded thoes 9 guitar cords

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    The song where the guy yells, I am the GOD of Hell's Fire! and I bring you fire.....
    That song scared the crap out of me too, and so did "I Want You/She's So Heavy." But the thing that scared me the most was when a record would skip or would be on the 33 speed when it was a 45.

Oh and Kiss with makeup still freaks me out. And I'm 32.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Oh, yeah, and the United Artists logo before a movie scared me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e5tqnBXd89I&feature=related

crimson and clover Guest
    the Sid Vicous version of My Way

They're Coming to Take Me Away.

Scared the EFF You See Kay out of me.

heres the song, the vid has nothing to do with it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aDl0CAO5JvY

The song Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath. Eerie as hell for a 6 years old

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    That song scared the crap out of me too, and so did "I Want You/She's So Heavy." But the thing that scared me the most was when a record would skip or would be on the 33 speed when it was a 45.

Oh and Kiss with makeup still freaks me out. And I'm 32.
    Funny, my kids are discovering the beatles and they love "I want You"....I kind of hate it. In fact, I dislike the whole "Abbey Road" album....every song is depressing or lame, expect for "Here Comes the Sun"

KristinEileen Guest
    Rock Me Ammadeus...scares the hell out of me. Falco...shudder....
    Last edited by KristinEileen; 01-05-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: my link didn't work :(

Spirits in the Material World.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Funny, my kids are discovering the beatles and they love "I want You"....I kind of hate it. In fact, I dislike the whole "Abbey Road" album....every song is depressing or lame, expect for "Here Comes the Sun"
    Its great that kids are still discovering the Beatles. I forgot to mention that I still can't listen to Revolution 9. Its creepay!

Noelle Page Guest
    It definitiely is creepy, my kids want the White Album and I won't let em have it yet. The songs are too advanced for them, and then there's the ol' Manson association....

Stephen King liked " Don't Fear the Reaper" so much he used it to open "The Stand".

lisalouver Guest
    Hey you

by Pink Floyd.

Funny, I love it now.

Guest Guest
    "Joan Crawford " From BOC

The part where she says "Christina... Mommy's home" Still wigs me out.

knothere Guest
    spanish train by chris de burg

motherogod Guest
    I love it now, but Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" scared the bejesus out of this broad back in the day! The drums then the whisper-murky lyrics of "why don't you tell..." sounded too much like what I figured it sounded like when the devil sat on your one shoulder!

That, and "War Pigs." Satan, laughing with delight??? HELLP!

Oh yeah, the synthesizer(sp?) intro and exit on Steve Miller's "time keeps on slipping into the future." I still hate that, gives me the creeps and makes me have to pee.

Funny that people mention KISS...I was in 1st grade and my mom's friend's son had their album on his bitchin' record player. I wouldn't go into his room until he took it off and hid the album cover. His was the first penis I ever saw in an innocent game of show-me-yours-and-I'll-show-you-mine. I blame KISS for this!

This is by far the most fun thread I've read in awhile... thanks!

a clever sheep Guest
    "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison. I was a little child then, and I dreamt him that he was following me home from school while singing that song. I was afraid of him from then on. I heard that he was actually a nice person, though.

Cadence71 Guest

Scary songs

I think the main two were "Undercover of the Night" from the Stones and "She Blinded Me With Science" from Thomas Dolby. That "Science!" guy scared the poop out of me. Especially if it came on at night. Aggghh! I was in the seventh grade.

For some reason or another She blinded me with science by Thomas Dolby scared the crap out of me that and that Herby Hancock video from the 80s with the animatrons and walking maniquins??? Misspelled that word I think? put those 2 together and I went mental

smooches27 Guest
    The ooopa looooopa songs from willie wonka freaked me out. I'm a weirdo!!

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Watch the video for Somebody's Watching Me sometime, its fucking creepy now!

Flowergrrl Guest
    Space Oddity

*Shut-up* j/k. No seriously tho, it did. I thought it was about a real person.

I loved it but it still creeped me out. Haha.

Tyler77 Guest
    I would have to say "Cars" --Gary Numan sang that one. It was one of the first songs that I heard that ushered in the new wave sound after disco was done with--the eerie synthesizer, the robotic voice scared me!!

Also "Take the Long Way Home"--I believe it was Supertramp or The Tramps--forgot which one--the harmonica solo at the beginning of the song just makes me feel scared and lonely for some bizarre reason.

thiller by m.j. scared me as a kid. the monster talking and laughing at the end freaked me out. i didnt like the music video either. i was really sensitive to monsters and such as a kid so lol. also stan by eminem kinda gave me the chills too.

Indagaddadivida (sp?). The singer's voice sounded like a monster. And then the Edgar Wynter song...can't remember the name. It sounded like someone was being chased. The guitar is crazy!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Cadence71 Guest
    "Angie Baby" by Helen Reddy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Hotlfq7OA

FannyB1923 Guest
    There was a creepy "teen angel" kind of song called Patches that bothered me. A tale of boy meets girl from the wrong side of shanty town. He's forbidden to meet her, so in desperation she drowned herself. The song ends he decides to join her- like Romeo and Juliet.

"Patches, Oh what will I do,
    I swear I'll always love you,
    It may not be right,
    but I'll join you tonight,

Patches, I'm coming....to yoooouuuuu"

NewYorkDoll Guest
    I remember a song by Clarence Carter called Patches, but it was about a kid who was a sharecropper and lost his daddy. Because he dressed in rags he was called "Patches".
    It's half sung and have spoken word (unintentionally hilarious)

Patches

I was born and raised down in Alabama
    On a farm way back up in the woods
    I was so ragged that folks used to call me Patches
    Papa used to tease me about it
    'Cause deep down inside he was hurt
    'Cause he'd done all he could

My papa was a great old man
    I can see him with a shovel in his hands, see
    Education he never had
    He did wonders when the times got bad
    The little money from the crops he raised
    Barely paid the bills we made

For, life had kick him down to the ground
    When he tried to get up
    Life would kick him back down
    One day Papa called me to his dyin' bed
    Put his hands on my shoulders
    And in his tears he said

He said, Patches
    I'm dependin' on you, son
    To pull the family through
    My son, it's all left up to you

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Indagaddadivida (sp?). The singer's voice sounded like a monster. And then the Edgar Wynter song...can't remember the name. It sounded like someone was being chased. The guitar is crazy!

Frankenstein?

spiritwisepi Guest
    The music that is used for the movie "The Shining" Still to this day when I hear it I get goose pimples...

msmojorisin84 Guest
    "They're Coming To Take Me Away" scared me shitless..still does. Oh, and circus music.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Here's a link to Dickey Lee's Patches. It's a real tearjerker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GzyEAC8rOw

Don't Pay the Ferryman by Chris DeBurgh scared me, actually it was because of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHhngeD2K8

Also the music on Unsolved Mysteries. Even a couple years ago when I would DVR the reruns on Lifetime I couldn't watch at night sometimes because I would get too freaked out just hearing the music.

Also, Land of Confusion by Genesis. I remember being so terrified of nuclear war in the 80s.

Morto Guest
    In the mid 60s Don Knotts starred in "The Ghost and Mr Chicken" that organ music freaked me out,every time I hear it still gets me!!

37. 07-06-2008, 10:55 AM

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie242008 View Post
    thiller by m.j. scared me as a kid. the monster talking and laughing at the end freaked me out. i didnt like the music video either. i was really sensitive to monsters and such as a kid so lol.
    Yep,that freaked me out too.All of it. SCAREY SCAREY SCAREY! Still don't like it. Also the song tip toe through the tulips,Tiny Tims voice just freaked me out for some reason.
    Last edited by **Jenna**; 07-06-2008 at 11:15 AM.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    "They're Coming To Take Me Away" scared me shitless..still does. Oh, and circus music.
    That freaked me out too,I don't like circus music either.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto View Post
    In the mid 60s Don Knotts starred in "The Ghost and Mr Chicken" that organ music freaked me out,every time I hear it still gets me!!

"And they even used BON AMI!"

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    Yep,that freaked me out too.All of it. SCAREY SCAREY SCAREY! Still don't like it. Also the song tip toe through the tulips,Tiny Tims voice just freaked me out for some reason.
    Watch some Tiny Tim videos on youtube. Those are freaky. Cool dude, just scarier than piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadence71 View Post
    "Angie Baby" by Helen Reddy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Hotlfq7OA
    I love that song and I love Helen Reddy.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    Frankenstein?
    Yes! I heard it a couple of years ago and I felt 9 years old again and not in a good way!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    Mr Roboto by Styx scared the holy hell out of me as a kid.
    That freaked me out.Hated that video. The Devil went down to Georgia, any song that said anything about the devil.

Sodapop Guest
    "I always feel like somebody's watchin' me" by Rockwell.

The theme music to Unsolved Mysteries and Tales From The Darkside still gives me the willies if I listen to them online.

Guest Guest
    omigod...... Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel..... I had nightmares of that dancing chicken coming to get me and trying to eat my mom..... I didn't eat chicken until I was a 12 after that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyc37aOqT0

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    There was only two songs that really scared me when I was little...and that was "The heart of rock and roll" by Huey Lewis..Dont ask. The heartbeat scared me for some odd reason. I used to hide my heart between the couch cushions. lmao.

and "Blue Jay Way" by The beatles. That song is creepy forward and backward. lol

When I was about 5 or 6, the instrumental 'Wolf' theme from "Peter and the Wolf" scared me silly. I was absolutely sure that the big, bad wolf would come out of another room and kill me.

This is really strange but still to this day "Father Figure" creeps me out. I can't pin point why, but it gives me a really strange vibe. The eerie music and George's soft singing. It sends chills down my back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0z2TWkwD6M
    Last edited by Missa310; 07-09-2008 at 11:55 PM.

xenaswolf Guest
    Another that still to this day just freaks me out is Dire Straits Sultans of Swing. I have no earthly idea why either!

you guys won't remember this, but the old 'slowly i turned' ditty.

'slowly i turned..... inch by inch step by step......'

it featured also in an old i love lucy in a clown routine (always scary clowns...)
    pull the string!