Thread: Emma Chambers from vicar of Dibley

Emma Chambers from vicar of Dibley

The lovely , funny actress who played Dawn French's daft friend in the Vicar of Dibley has died aged 53 of natural causes .She will be missed .

I liked that show and liked her. aww. and how do you die from "natural causes" at 53? what does that even mean?
    anywhoo..... RIP

Heart attack, stroke, blood clot, etc.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That is very sad news, much too young. I loved her on that show. RIP Emma.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Heart attack, stroke, blood clot, etc.
    She had lifelong asthma and allergy issues so it could be in relation to that. I remember watching a BTS feature of The Vicar of Dibley and she couldn't go near any animals without have a severe reaction. Some are saying because it's stated as natural causes it's to do with drugs but I don't think so. Natural Causes is used here in the UK if they don't want to go into detail about what the person died of.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    She had lifelong asthma and allergy issues so it could be in relation to that. I remember watching a BTS feature of The Vicar of Dibley and she couldn't go near any animals without have a severe reaction. Some are saying because it's stated as natural causes it's to do with drugs but I don't think so. Natural Causes is used here in the UK if they don't want to go into detail about what the person died of.
    It certainly might have been asthma. I know of at least one person who had an attack while alone and they found him dead. Sad.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Loved her as the daffy sister in Notting Hill.

Awe...this is such a shame.

She was absolutely adorable and really cute in the Vicar of Dibley. Very talented and came across as a lovely lady.

RIP, very sad and too young.

The latest news is saying heart attack, but I don't know if it's been confirmed .

I just want to say that she's one of my favorites, and way too young to die. She will be greatly missed.

There is a blind item that's being attributed to her on CDAN:

It is officially being called one thing, but this foreign born B- list mostly television actress who you all know from a movie appearance died of an accidental drug overdose.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...item-3_25.html
    It may or may not be about her. It fits perfectly (Vicar and Notting Hill). She really hadn't done much of anything in the past few years. If you don't like CDAN, I totally understand. It's not for everyone. I just thought it was kind of a mystery about her going so suddenly and that I'd share.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-25-2018 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Fixed Link

She had been out of the spotlight for the last 10 years from the biz, and from what I've read she was very content with her life away from performing. According to this she had major heath issues that likely contributed to her passing. https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...ating-12089690
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Some sites are now saying it was definitely a heart attack that killed her and others are saying suspected.
    Last edited by Shellie; 02-27-2018 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added Info.

14. 03-01-2018, 08:44 AM

Reason
    wrong pic

http://people.com/movies/emma-chambe...ting Hill star Emma Chambers died after suffering a heart attack at the age of 53, says BBC executive Producer Jon Plowman
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-11-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    http://people.com/movies/emma-chambe...ting Hill star Emma Chambers died after suffering a heart attack at the age of 53, says BBC executive Producer Jon Plowman
    It happens. I was just 54. And a family friend was 48--she didn't survive, partly because her doctor misdiagnosed her chest pain.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD