Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Girl Scout Murders in Oklahoma 1977

Found this in the Tulsa newspaper today:

Lori Farmer, left, Michelle Guse, center, and Doris Milner

PRYOR — More than 30 years after three Girl Scouts were killed in Mayes County, DNA testing of evidence in the case has been ruled inconclusive.

Mayes County District Attorney Gene Haynes announced Tuesday that the physical evidence was too deteriorated to obtain a DNA profile. Investigators hoped stains on a pillowcase could determine a suspect.

On June 13, 1977, 8-year-old Lori Farmer, of Tulsa; 9-year-old Michelle Guse, of Broken Arrow; and 10-year-old Doris Milner, of Tulsa, were found dead at Camp Scott near Locust Grove.

Gene Leroy Hart had been suspected of the killings but was acquitted in 1979. He later died while serving a prison term on unrelated charges.

DNA testing of evidence in the case had been ongoing since 2007, when a federal grant allowed the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation to use a private laboratory for DNA testing in unsolved cases.

In December, OSBI reported the DNA from a pillowcase could not be excluded as being from one of the victims. After informing the families of the victims of the results in January, Haynes decided to make the results public.

“It is unfortunate the testing did not produce a DNA profile,” Haynes said in a statement. “We had hoped the testing would bring an end to the debate over who committed these terrible crimes. The families of the victims certainly deserve an ending to the case.”
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

How sad. After all this time I just feel that whoever did this is probably not alive anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

lisalouver Guest
    Thanks for that update Nessa.

The pictures that Jaz posted earlier in teh thread are facinating. I mean even the appliances are still standing? Does anyone know was the camp closed after the murders?

I was 9 years old in 1977, the same age as Michelle Guse.

I never liked camping, even as a child. Now I know why!

sunshine74137 Guest
    A girlfriend of mine was on that trip. I have lost contact with her! This bugs me because the two girls shot here in Oklahoma recently, I am afraid it too will go unsolved.

Jazbabee Guest
    Thanks for the update Nessa !! I was glad to see a recent article, but obviously disappointed to hear this info about the DNA testing

Dying Breath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    A girlfriend of mine was on that trip. I have lost contact with her! This bugs me because the two girls shot here in Oklahoma recently, I am afraid it too will go unsolved.

I don't understand why the trail on the person/persons in the wewoka case went so cold..something is not right.... I remember the girl scout murders...Always thought Gene Leroy was the one...Eastern Oklahoma has had more than its share of heartache... the 2 girls this year... the bridge over the Arkansas river.. the Girl Scouts...the tornado in Kennendale and Pitcher...so many instances...

Lisamarie Guest
    what I still cannot get over is all the warnings if you will they had that night...I mean weird noises...a dummy hanging from a tree a little girl terrfied of a strange man in the woods and the councler hearing growling in the woods....threatning notes....

I had the coolest thing happen to me tonight. I was at Half Price Books in Dallas, perusing the true crime section where I can almost always be found, and I discovered the book, "Someone Cry For the Children," on the shelf. People in this thread have talked about how expensive a copy can be, and I wasn't even looking for the book, it just practically jumped off the shelf and into my hands. I paid a grand total of $5.98 for it.

Then, when I got home, I opened it up and there is an inscription on the inside front cover. The name is kind of hard to read, but I think it says Wynona Welker, and gives a date of Oct 1981. It also says, "Note on 232 [referring to a page number]. My cousin Hubert Maxey was a witness." On p. 232 the paragraph referring to Mr. Maxey is marked.

So, I don't know who Wynona Welker is, but to whoever sold this book to HPB, THANK YOU for making it available to me! I'm off to read now...
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Castellano View Post
    I had the coolest thing happen to me tonight. I was at Half Price Books in Dallas, perusing the true crime section where I can almost always be found, and I discovered the book, "Someone Cry For the Children," on the shelf. People in this thread have talked about how expensive a copy can be, and I wasn't even looking for the book, it just practically jumped off the shelf and into my hands. I paid a grand total of $5.98 for it.

Then, when I got home, I opened it up and there is an inscription on the inside front cover. The name is kind of hard to read, but I think it says Wynona Welker, and gives a date of Oct 1981. It also says, "Note on 232 [referring to a page number]. My cousin Hubert Maxey was a witness." On p. 232 the paragraph referring to Mr. Maxey is marked.

So, I don't know who Wynona Welker is, but to whoever sold this book to HPB, THANK YOU for making it available to me! I'm off to read now...
    What a find and great story! Thanks for sharing!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Article about dna testing in the case.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8545813

Thanks for the update. This case has always disturbed me because I think it could have been prevented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    This case disturbs me.

Yeah, me too. My older sisters went to that camp. I was at a different camp in the area when it happened.
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

It really drives me to distraction to watch the video now and see all the protection (police, media, etc.) surrounding Gene Hart in the aftermath, to see all those officials there to make sure no one harms a hair on the head of the suspected killer, but 3 little girls out in the wilderness are whisked away in the middle of the night, brutally raped and murdered, and not one goddamned grown-up around who saw or heard anything!

lisalouver Guest
    Sounds like ol Gene was in all liklihood probably the killer.

Anyone ever hear the parents speak out recently on anything?

I couldnt imagine being that 4th girl who escaped anything that night

Don't think this one will ever have an outcome, which makes it all the sadder.

Read this thread last night. Very creepy, I went to bed with the TV on last night lol.

Graveyard Groupie Guest
    Great photos. Boy, if those buildings could talk, the stories they could tell.

Ted Challinor Guest
    This link is already here probably, but if not...it is Incredibly moving and sad, how terrible for the parents and those who cared for the poor girls - the grief is beyond my imagination
    thank God ... & God Bless them all

http://downloads.newsok.com/flash_vi...shows/murders/

Old Soul Guest
    It was the Kiebler Elves man... they just came out of the trees.. they just came out of the trees.

Soonerson Guest
    Here's a link to some recent pictures of Camp Scott.

http://www.abandonedok.com/camp-scott/

Quote Originally Posted by Old Soul View Post
    It was the Kiebler Elves man... they just came out of the trees.. they just came out of the trees.

*snarf*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

joS3ph Guest
    My apologies if this has already been covered in this thread. I find it interesting nonetheless.

Source: http://www.topix.com/forum/family/TOMILBU3RJTRDGU18

Quote:

I have called the OSBI, and nobody will listen. I was a boy scout in troop 17 at Camp Garland when those murders occurred. We had the first camp site at Camp Garland and only 1/4 mile from Camp Scott. Those girls that were murdered were in the first camp site closest to camp Garland. The first night of camp we had three boys that bragged to the entire troop that they were going to go to Camp Scott that night to get some girls. They indeed went, and in the middle of the night returned and woke up allot of us arguing. One boy was crying and saying he didn't want to get into trouble, the other two boys were angry and telling him to keep his mouth shut and they won't get in any trouble. The next morning the police arrived and took all the boys 14 years old and older into the camp site building for questioning. I was only 12. Myself and about 10 other boys told our scout master about the three boys and what they said and did, but he told us to shut up and let the police do their job.

The Mays county detectives and OSBI found a "drunk Indian" to blame this on and they don't want to be embarrassed. I've even called KRMG, and emailed channel 8 and nobody wants to look into this. I guarantee, if someone advertised to have members of boy scout troop 17 come forward, you would get over a dozen that would remember those three boys and what they did.

Those three girls and their families deserve justice!! I ended up going to High School with two of those boys and they were some of the roughest kids at Rogers High School, class of 83. I remember their names.

End Quote

Questions
    :

Did someone post this message as a cruel joke? Was it posted to divert attention away from the real killer or killers? Did the author of this message really know something?

Three males murdering three females sounds so much more plausible to me than a lone killer.
    Last edited by joS3ph; 02-07-2011 at 09:23 AM.

WOW! INHO there was no way in hell that one person did this. Or even two people. You needed to have one monster restraining each girl in order to silence them. No one heard anything. These girls weren't tied up and tortured one at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AWESOME post as always, JoS3ph! I'm with Miho. I HOPE they got the right guy, but I've always wondered how he detained 3 girls at one time. It doesn't seem possible.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

joS3ph Guest
    Thanks SheBoss. I too believe more than one person was responsible for this crime.

Quote Originally Posted by joS3ph View Post
    Thanks SheBoss. I too believe more than one person was responsible for this crime.
    Kinda like the bloody black man in West Memphis. I just don't see it happening...
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by joS3ph View Post
    My apologies if this has already been covered in this thread. I find it interesting nonetheless.

Source: http://www.topix.com/forum/family/TOMILBU3RJTRDGU18

Quote:

I have called the OSBI, and nobody will listen. I was a boy scout in troop 17 at Camp Garland when those murders occurred. We had the first camp site at Camp Garland and only 1/4 mile from Camp Scott. Those girls that were murdered were in the first camp site closest to camp Garland. The first night of camp we had three boys that bragged to the entire troop that they were going to go to Camp Scott that night to get some girls. They indeed went, and in the middle of the night returned and woke up allot of us arguing. One boy was crying and saying he didn't want to get into trouble, the other two boys were angry and telling him to keep his mouth shut and they won't get in any trouble. The next morning the police arrived and took all the boys 14 years old and older into the camp site building for questioning. I was only 12. Myself and about 10 other boys told our scout master about the three boys and what they said and did, but he told us to shut up and let the police do their job.

The Mays county detectives and OSBI found a "drunk Indian" to blame this on and they don't want to be embarrassed. I've even called KRMG, and emailed channel 8 and nobody wants to look into this. I guarantee, if someone advertised to have members of boy scout troop 17 come forward, you would get over a dozen that would remember those three boys and what they did.

Those three girls and their families deserve justice!! I ended up going to High School with two of those boys and they were some of the roughest kids at Rogers High School, class of 83. I remember their names.

End Quote

Questions
    :

Did someone post this message as a cruel joke? Was it posted to divert attention away from the real killer or killers? Did the author of this message really know something?

Three males murdering three females sounds so much more plausible to me than a lone killer.
    This story has been a red herring in the case for some time. I read the book a couple of years ago and recall the boys camp connection was investigated and found not plausible. The boys camp was actually north of the girls camp and the crime scene was not closest to the boy's camp.

DNA testing done in the 1980's 3 of 5 DNA samples from the crime scene matched bodily fluids taken from Gene Hart. The other two were inconclusive. Hart also had a criminal history, having been convicted of abducting, raping and assaulting two women in 1966. Many characteristics of that crime were similar to the Girl Scout murders.

Many have speculated others were involved. Some of the jurors who voted to acquit him of the GS murders said they did so, not because they didn't think he was guilty, but because they thought others were also involved (go figure).

There's more on possible accomplices at this link

http://www.girlscoutmurders.com/ALL_HART.html

I hadn't thought about this case in a long time, but reading this thread made it hard to get to sleep.

There had been an ongoing problem with trespassers, stalkers and vandals at this camp, when girls were camping there and when it was just staff and volunteers staying there. The fact so many incidents occurred during the off season for camping made them think it was people who lived in the area. Many incidents were reported to the camp director over the years, but no action was taken to investigate or make the area more secure.

Someone recently posted on the forum at the link below about more incidents there back in the mid-60's - things like finding mutilated animals, peeping toms, etc.

http://girlscoutmurders.yuku.com/top...s-investigated

joS3ph Guest
    The only person who went to trial for the murders, Gene Leroy Hart was tried and acquitted of the killings in 1979. He died of a heart attack later that year while in prison for an unrelated conviction.

An FBI test on DNA samples taken from a pillowcase in 1989 was described as inconclusive. According to reports concerning the 1989 testing, three of five aspects of DNA from the murder scene matched those of body fluids taken from Hart, an American Indian. Only one in 7,700 American Indians would match the samples, as Hart reportedly did. But since only three of the five samples matched, the results were deemed inconclusive.

In June 1966, Hart had abducted and brutally assaulted two pregnant women from a Tulsa club and raped one of them outside of the city. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three concurrent 10-year prison terms, but he was paroled after 28 months. The manner in which Hart had raped and sodomized those women was eerily similar to the Girl Scout murders. (OSBI Agent) Wilkerson says all the evidence pointed to Hart. "I know that I worked 185 "who done it" homicides and this was the strongest one I ever saw." Wilkerson says. Garvin Isaacs (Hart's attorney) maintains his client was framed. "Yes, yes he was," Garvin says. "There's a footprint in the blood on the floor where the little girls were murdered. And the footprint is a size 10 and Hart's feet are like 11.5. And there's a thumb print on the flashlight, and that's not Hart's. You can't shrink your foot and you can't change your fingerprints."

In June 1969, Hart was arrested in Tulsa on four counts of first-degree burglary. This time he pleaded innocent but was found guilty and sentenced to a maximum of 305 years in prison. Hart escaped in 1973 while he was being held in Mayes County for a post-conviction relief hearing. He was formally charged with the Camp Scott murders on June 23, 1977, and was captured in the Cookson Hills in southern Cherokee County on April 6, 1978. The evidence against Hart was extensive. Tape used to bind the victims, along with other physical evidence tying Hart to the scene of the crime was located in a nearby cave. Items from the campsite were found in the house where Hart was captured. An analysis of physical evidence, including sperm samples and other body fluids, revealed that only .0020% of the population met the unique characteristics contained in that evidence-including Hart.

Sources:

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Hi..._Girl_Scout_Murders.html

http://www.tulsaworld.com...1_spanc46170&archive=yes

http://www.pryordailytime...cal_story_144093221.html

joS3ph Guest
    West Memphis, Arkansas Truck Driver

A West Memphis, Arkansas truck driver was questioned five times by the FBI and the OBOI over an eight month period in regards to this case. He testified at the preliminary hearing. He was questioned as to his whereabouts starting on June 6th.

Why he was even considered a suspect and questioned so many times remains a mystery. Supposedly, OBOI made several trips to West Memphis to question this suspect. Does anyone have any further information on this truck driver?
    Last edited by joS3ph; 02-07-2011 at 09:13 PM.

31. 02-07-2011, 09:15 PM

joS3ph Guest
    Was a Female Involved in 1977 Girl Scout Slayings?

http://newsok.com/was-a-female-invol...?tm=1214395135

Wed June 25, 2008

Was a female involved in 1977 Girl Scout slayings?

By Ron Jackson
    Staff Writer

LOCUST GROVE - The unsolved 1977 Girl Scouts murder mystery just grew murkier.

Recent DNA tests failed to identify the killer or killers who raped and murdered three Oklahoma girls June 13, 1977, at Camp Scott in Locust Grove. However, the tests revealed a partial female DNA profile, Mayes County District Attorney Gene Haynes announced Tuesday in a news release.
    Testing from a semen-stained pillowcase found at the crime scene failed to exclude all three of the victims or the possibility of a female attacker, adding to the stockpile of questions that already surround this enduring mystery.

• No answers for families The biggest question remains, 31 years later: Who killed Lori Lee Farmer, 8, of Tulsa; Michelle Guse, 9, of Broken Arrow; and Doris Denise Milner, 10, of Tulsa?
      "I've always felt in my gut that there was a girl present," Sheri Farmer, Lori's mother, told The Oklamoman. "So when I saw the DNA results, that was a concern with me. ... Lori was eventually excluded from the DNA match and so was one of the other girls, I was told, but they couldn't exclude all three girls.
      "Given the DNA results, you have to wonder if there wasn't also a female who took part in the murders."
      Haynes' statement didn't expound on the results.
      "It is unfortunate the testing did not produce a DNA profile," Haynes said. "We had hoped the testing would bring an end to the debate over who committed these terrible crimes. The families of the victims certainly deserve an ending to the case."
      To date, the late Gene Leroy Hart is the only person to ever be charged with the murder of the three Girl Scouts. Hart, then 34 and a fugitive, had been spotted living in the Cookson Hills near Camp Scott at the time of the murders.
      Hart, however, was acquitted by a Mayes County jury in March 1979. Two months after his acquittal, Hart collapsed at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester from a heart attack while serving 308 years for unrelated rape, burglary, and kidnapping convictions.
      "I feel badly for the families of those little girls who were murdered," said Garvin Isaacs, Hart's defense attorney. "But Gene Leroy Hart was an innocent man who was falsely accused."
      Haynes had hoped new DNA testing would solve the mystery once and for all.
    • Assembling the pieces A venture into the latest DNA technology became possible last year when the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation received a federal grant that permitted private laboratories to examine DNA evidence in cold cases. In April, the agency received permission from Haynes to conduct specific DNA tests on semen stains from pillowcases and a swab taken from one of the victims.
      Haynes signed off on the tests even though they would exhaust the evidence from the swab.
      The DNA test conducted is capable of separating female and male DNA. But results from tests conducted by Houston-based Identigene returned inconclusive.
      Two months later, OSBI sent the remaining evidence from the pillowcases to Sorenson Forensics in Salt Lake City for further testing. This time a DNA profile that genetically types as female was obtained from one of the pillowcase stains.
      Samples of the surviving parents were then submitted for testing in October.
      "Any time you play with evidence long enough, you run the risk of things becoming cloudier," said Tulsa attorney S.M. "Buddy" Fallis, who prosecuted Hart. "It would be nice if we had pristine DNA samples from all parties involved, but we don't. Now the case becomes murkier, and that's real sad. The more this is played out, the more the lore of public speculation grows. ... Of course, this doesn't change my belief. I've always believed we charged the right guy in Gene Leroy Hart." Farmer is also convinced Hart murdered her daughter.
      "To me, this would be the final piece to the puzzle," Farmer said. "I would know this is what happened to my daughter in her final hours, but that would still only be a test result. It wouldn't bring back my daughter."

Interesting considering the number of people who have thought all along that there was someone else involved in these murders.
    Last edited by joS3ph; 02-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.

sockmonkey Guest
    I just found Someone Cry For The Children at the thrift store today. Paid a whole $.50 for it. Can't wait to start reading it!

Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
    I just found Someone Cry For The Children at the thrift store today. Paid a whole $.50 for it. Can't wait to start reading it!
    You got a HELL of a deal!!!

sockmonkey Guest
    I know! I'm always on the look out for true crime novels when I go to thrift stores. I guess it pays off to be cheap. lol

gleemonex Guest
    Woah, I have NEVER heard of this crime and am glad that this thread was bumped. I was born in 1977 and was sent to my first Girl Scout camp in South Texas in the summer of 1987 before I turned 10. I don't know if my parents knew about this case and even if they had, they still sent me. We were in cabins with bunk beds and I distinctly remember no counselors in our cabins. The cabins were close and arranged in a circle so a counselor was just a shout away. I attended camp for 3 years and it was always this way.

Looking back, I don't understand why more precautions weren't taken after such a horrific event, like putting 1-2 counselors in a cabin. Maybe there was more security that we didn't see. As a teenager, I went tent camping with friends at rec parks and even in the New Mexico mountains with my best friend and her family. As an adult now, I don't see myself going camping. The world's just gotten sicker IMO and I think of how lucky I was all the other times I went camping and didn't get my throat slit.

WhiteTrashBarbie Guest
    wow I had never read anything about this. Lots of information to take in at once..

My stepmother was a troop leader and since I spent summers with my father girl scout camp happened quite a few summers. We always had cabins with doors that locked (mind you this was 95-2001)and the counselors were close enough to hear us. It just blows my mind that those small girls were put so far away from everyone else.

How sad that this will in all likely hood never be solved Those poor babies and their families.

Ex-Con Claims Film Will Reveal Killer Behind Heinous, Decades-Old Girl Scouts Murders

By Jo Piazza
    Published July 06, 2011
    | FoxNews.com

An indie film produced by an ex-con seeking to solve the cold case of the 1977 murders of three Oklahoma Girl Scouts has divided the town of Tulsa, with locals scrambling for parts in the film and law enforcement officials wary.
    Not only is the film â??Candles" seeking to dramatize the horrific crime, but the filmmaker claims he knows who committed the murder and will reveal who it is in the film.
    The triple homicide at Camp Scott remains one of the most ghastly cases in Oklahoma history. In 1977 three young Girl Scouts -- Lori Lee Farmer, 8, Michelle Guse, 9, and Doris Denise Milner, 10 -- all occupants of tent No. 8, were raped, bludgeoned and strangled on their first night at Camp Scott summer camp on June 12.

Their bodies were left in the woods bound in rope within their sleeping bags and discovered by a camp counselor the next morning. In 1979 police arrested Gene Leroy Hart, a local prison escapee with a history of violence. He stood trial for the crime and was acquitted, later dying in prison on unrelated charges. In 2007, authorities conducted new DNA testing, but the results proved inconclusive due to deteriorated crime scene evidence.
    Itâ??s a crime that's left an indelible mark on the community, and the camp has never been re-opened.
    Filmmaker John Russell claims that he encountered the real murderer while he was in prison himself for check fraud in 1978. He told FoxNews.com that the killer confessed to the Girl Scout murders in addition to several other crimes. Russell also claims he felt his life was threatened because of his knowledge of the murders for the next three decades and that he was ignored by the authorities when he tried to release the information to them 30 years ago.
    The man in charge of the area where the murders took place, Mayes County Sheriff Frank Cantey, said he canâ??t speak to what Russell may have said to police three decades ago, but he tells FoxNews.com he hasnâ??t been contacted by Russell and that he knows of no harassment the filmmaker has received from the police force with regards to his claims over the Camp Scott murders. The original police officers who investigated the crimes for Mayes County are no longer with the force, Cantey said.
    â??I have been sheriff for 11 years and I donâ??t know that I have ever talked to this guy,â? Cantey said. He added that his office does follow up on any credible leads regarding the three decades-old murders that tend to surface from time to time.
    The director of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has been in contact with Russell and is looking into whether his claim to know the murderer is credible.
    â??We are looking into it. We want to know if this guy had the means, motive and opportunity to do it. We always, in a situation like this, take every lead seriously,â? said OSBI public information officer Jessica Brown.
    Brown said she knows nothing about Russell previously coming forward with claims.
    â??I have no reason to believe that is true,â? Brown told FoxNews.com.
    Russell says he has reached out to all three of the victimâ??s families. Two of them, Guseâ??s and Milnerâ??s, did not return his calls. The third, Shari Farmer, expressed a wariness over the film.
    â??Mrs. Farmer was very leery,â? Russell said. â??We spoke a month ago and I met with her right after the auditions last Sunday and her sentiment is that she would prefer a film not be made about it simply because she doesnâ??t like the idea of it. But she said if it was to help solve the murder and give her the truth of who did it she would be thankful."
    The filmmaker says he will not be recreating the actual murders in the film out of respect for the families.
    The Oklahoma Film and Music Office is among those concerned about the film and turned down a request from Russell to collaborate and share resources.
    â??We werenâ??t telling him he couldnâ??t do the movie. We did tell him we couldnâ??t support it,â? Jill Simpson, the Director of the Oklahoma Film and Music Office told FoxNews.com. Simpson said her officeâ??s concern was that Russell said he does not have the blessing of the family and that he is unafraid of potential lawsuits.
    â??We couldnâ??t support it. We just saw too many red flags.â?
    But many Oklahoma residents are embracing the film. The production company held a casting call in Tulsa last weekend looking for its stars and extras and saw hundreds of eager locals. Interest in the casting was also high on the movieâ??s Facebook page, but the Oklahoma film office also expressed concerns over the production companyâ??s practices at the casting.
    â??They charged $20 for photos at the casting. At any legitimate project you should not be charged,â? Simpson told Fox News.com.
    Russell rebutted these claims and said that his company brought in an outside photographer to take headshots for those who arrived without them. He said his production company received no profits from the photographs.
    The Girl Scouts national office says they have had no contact with Russell and that they do not support his work on the film. In a statement to Fox411 Girl Scouts spokeswoman Michelle Tompkins expressed her sympathy for the families in their ongoing tragedy.

â??To this day, the tragic murder of three Girl Scouts 30-plus years ago in Oklahoma continues to cause a lot of pain and suffering for the families and friends of the victims,â? Tompkins said. â??If any individual has evidence as to who is responsible for this heinous crime, they should turn that evidence over to investigators immediately so the case can be solved. We continue to extend our hearts and prayers to the families of these children.â?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1RLlZsTlJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Am now looking for this book, it's going for a lot of money on amazon and on Alibris. Very eerie case.

Spooky! Thanks for posting!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I believe it was the guy who was acquitted. Either this article or Wiki said they had pretty damn good evidence but he was acquitted because of his race. IDK. But the whole thing spooks the hell out of me. It just occurred to me that this case scares me maybe because I grew up on Lake Lanier. We camped out all the damn time and my parents used to leave we three little girls alone while they ran errands.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-06-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Someone Cry For the Children feature length documentary up on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGu_liuPeP8

Quote Originally Posted by Sulamith View Post
    Someone Cry For the Children feature length documentary up on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGu_liuPeP8

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lisamarie Guest
    I still recall the this story it reminds me of the story from the campsite that the film The Stangers was based on...Just so creepy. They must have been so scared..I just rember the one photo of a close up of a tiny bloody hand print like she had just enough time to get her self up and was dragged away cause it was like a hand print that streaked downward ..and that image just terrified me. Thats and the poor mother whos daughter did not want to go and begged not too , and the mother made her...breaks my heart.

Lisamarie Guest
    This is interesting too:
    http://downloads.newsok.com/flash_vi...shows/murders/

Lots of very good picstures and evidence....

Lisamarie Guest
    shoot I lost the link , but it had all sorts of crime scene photos and the writing on the cave wall...something about the writing makes me wonder if it couldent have been some of those boy scouts that other poster was talking about...I dono..thought???

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I still recall the this story it reminds me of the story from the campsite that the film The Stangers was based on...Just so creepy. They must have been so scared..I just rember the one photo of a close up of a tiny bloody hand print like she had just enough time to get her self up and was dragged away cause it was like a hand print that streaked downward ..and that image just terrified me. Thats and the poor mother whos daughter did not want to go and begged not too , and the mother made her...breaks my heart.
    More info on the campsite story please? I just looked up The Strangers on Neflix. Are you referring to the one with Liv Tyler? I love scary camping stories!

Michigirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    shoot I lost the link , but it had all sorts of crime scene photos and the writing on the cave wall...something about the writing makes me wonder if it couldent have been some of those boy scouts that other poster was talking about...I dono..thought???

Wow, I know I would have to look at those crime scene photos, even if it was through my fingers (like when I was little watching the exorcist) I just watched the documentary on Youtube. That was incredibly scary. It is always horrifying when you read about a crime involving children and realize that you were the same age at the same time they were killed. I was about 10 during the time the Oakland County Child killer was roaming around near where I grew up in Michigan. I had a paper route and neglectful parents and was often left (like most of us were in the 70's) unattended. Scary to think about it now!

I couldn't hear the docu, and was going to buy the book, but the lowest price for used on amazon.com was $54 and change. Uh, no.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD