Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams

Jack'sGirl Guest
    There have also been rumors of him paying Christopher Reeve's bills too.

ozzysmom Guest
    I think we all need a group hug after this horrible news.....

Bayou Queen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Just in total shock. I can't believe it. He has been a favorite since the first few minutes of his first appearance on Happy Days as Mork. I saw him perform live in the 80's. He had John Sebastian open for him. Then Robin hit the stage at a dead run and didn't stop for 45 minutes. At the end John Sebastian returned to the stage with his guitar and and a piano player. Robin produced a harmonica and the did a half hour of blues. It was amazing.
    I remember his early stand up shows on t.v., he was all over the stage and he was so quick that I would have to rewind the tape and listen to it again. Brilliant man. His talents were endless. I just saw on one news feed "Beloved actor/comedian Robin Williams dead at 63". Beloved indeed.

This strikes on so many levels that I don't have words. RIP, Mrs. Doubtfire.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

I particularly enjoyed What Dreams May Come. He also had a rip roaring bad guy guest role on Law & Order SVU.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    I think we all need a group hug after this horrible news.....
    Indeed. This one's hard to take.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

This is a real heart breaker... I can't believe he's gone. Don't want to believe it. Such a talented and funny man. I liked most of the films he was in and one of my all time favorite You Tube videos is of when he met Koko the signing gorilla. Robin looked like he had a really great time with her.
    He will be missed... R.I.P.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I particularly enjoyed What Dreams May Come. He also had a rip roaring bad guy guest role on Law & Order SVU.
    One Hour Photo is really good too. He plays a bad guy.... but a good bad guy. You feel sorry for him.

I'm sorry he felt compelled to go this way.

RIP, Mr. Williams.

I really can't believe it. One of the only memories I have of my father is watching old Mork and Mindy reruns together. So sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

The tears of a clown. RIP Robin

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    One Hour Photo is really good too. He plays a bad guy.... but a good bad guy. You feel sorry for him.
    One of his best movies! I hope he is at peace now.

I just found out now. Sigh. No.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    One of his best movies! I hope he is at peace now.
    I agree. I loved that movie and it was nice to see him doing something besides the regular manic stand up. He was very talented in many ways.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    You know, we've been talking about how we hope it opens a dialog about depression, and I really hope it does. But at the same time I hope it also opens dialog about substance abuse. Because we know he suffered from it, and before it's over we may find out he was under the influence when he died.

My own brother died of alcoholism. It took my mother many years before she could admit to anyone what he'd died from. "Esophageal bleed," was what she'd say. Well, yeah, from alcoholism. But she was so embarrassed, so mortified that anyone would think ill of her son because of his addictions.

The chunk of the world makes jokes about addicts, and they see addictive behavior as something that can be controlled with willpower. And just like depression, it's a disease. One that takes hold of it's victim and cannot be cured. It, too, needs more research, more understanding, and as we all know, depression and addiction often go hand in hand, self medicating.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Yeah jacks. If he wasn't drunk when he did this I would be completely and totally shocked. Drunk and/or high on medication.

robin fucking williams is dead. that it is by suicide makes it worst. he gave so much pleasure to so many people. he had family-a wife, kids. I remember him on the Letterman show (mid 2000s). his son had just got his bachelors degree. he spoke proudly of both his son and daughter that night. i don't understand why--there were so many people he could have turned to that would have helped him-his family, he was widely known at his work. He was so funny but the end of his life-things were apparently not funny or even tolerable for him. i just wished he told someone how he was really feeling, I wish he had gotten help. His humor was so pervasive--it is hard to imagine a Robin Williams-less world.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yeah jacks. If he wasn't drunk when he did this I would be completely and totally shocked. Drunk and/or high on medication.
    They are saying that his heart issues, heart surgery and heart meds, any/all of them could exacerbate the depression. Not to mention the addictions.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Todd Bridges can go fuck himself. Insensitive little prick:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/11/robin-...itter-selfish/

This is awful! I was at work when a friend texted me the news. My first thought was that I needed to come here to see what you guys were saying. It was three long hours I had to wait to come home and sign in. You've all shared my sentiments and perfectly described what a shocking, awful loss this is. I still don't understand how this is real.

Wendy A. Guest
    Just woke up to get ready for work and heard the news.... I'm stunned, I'm heartbroken. I hoped it was a hoax. I've always loved his sense of humor and considered him one of the greats in Hollywood. Rest in peace Robin, and thanks for the years of laughter. You will be missed greatly!

desertangel Guest
    This news however sad is not a surprise to me as I first learned of his troubles after Fisherking and was broken hearted to learn of Robin's strife. His suffering is over. We were blessed by his talent and he won't be forgotten. I am sad but okay with it since he won't have to suffer any more. God Bless Robin Williams and RIP. So long Mork.

I too was stunned by the news. I was looking up One Hour Photo on IMDB yesterday as it was the only movie of his that I had not seen and I had no idea why that movie was in my mind. Then I went to Target today after hearing the news and when I walked in they had a huge display of dvds on sale and the first two I saw were Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. Such a talented man and my thoughts are with his wife and children. RIP Robin Williams.

Does anyone remember his appearance on Homicide:Life On the Street? He played a tourist who's wife was murdered. A very young Jake Gyllenhaal played his son... I'm just sitting here thinking about how much he did in his life..so many amazing things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

weirdgurl Guest
    I am heartbroken.

Unbelievable shock and sadness all around, I keep going to news outlets hoping it's all a hoax, but it just confirms this is all very much true, and very much reality. RIP Mr Williams, thanks for all the laughter, smiles, tears, and wonderful talent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

I would have loved to have met him. Hopefully someday I will. I heard he was Episcopalian. Oh, and I will never believe that suicide sends you to hell. Even though I am a Christian. God wouldn't let someone live with heartache and darkness for so long and then send them to hell if they believed in him. I will never believe that. Ever.

So fly with the angels dear Robin. For you were the most hilarious motherfucker ever. And, such an amazing person.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

seamuskaxen Guest
    This is so sad, I read on the news that they suspect he took his own life. Not that it matter how he died, Robin Williams was and always will be one of my favorite actors this will be a tough one to get over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_na64qeV9iO1sggjzmo1_500.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	51260
    Possibly his last photo..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

OMG....there are no words....this is so far beyond sad. Bless him- he must have been in such unbelievable pain and loneliness. I, and many, many others absolutely loved and adored him.....this one really, really hurts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

nancypants Guest
    The world has lost some light with Robin Williams' passing. Such a creative genius. I hope that his death can shed light on depression and perhaps educate people. Unfortunately, I've been down in the depths but, for whatever reason, I'm still here. I have depression and have been told to "just decide not to be sad". Depression is NOT being sad. Please read up on it. There is a very fine line between genius and madness, and Robin is a good example. Blue skies to you, Robin, wherever you are.

I just can't be online anymore tonight. I'm too sad. I haven't cried over a celebrity this much since Heath Ledger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nancypants Guest
    I've heard (and this may be an apocryphal story) that Robin showed up in Christopher's hospital room, posing as a Russian doctor there to perform a colonoscopy. Christopher Reeve apparently said that's when he realized everything would be okay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GENIE-APPLAUSE-GIF.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	51261

RIP, Sir. The applause will last long after the shock has worn off...

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I just can't be online anymore tonight. I'm too sad. I haven't cried over a celebrity this much since Heath Ledger.
    Same here! Heath was the last one that upset me this much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BamaDeathHag Guest
    I read this on facebook and started bawling. I just can't believe he's gone. I was already upset about today being the 3rd year anniversary of Jani Lane's death, and then I see I lost my fave actor. My heart goes out to his family and children. Rest in peace, you sweet man.

GravesEnd Guest
    I don't usually think about celebs much but Robin Williams' death really got to me. I've taken it harder than I thought. I guess because I've seen him in so many things over the many years.

Seaghan_ Guest
    I made a complete fool of myself, crying when I heard that he died. I was on the train going to a job interview. I imagine I was one pitiful looking soul. RIP ROBIN!

why is it the funny, light-hearted, comedic people are the ones who are depressed, sad & perhaps angry????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

40. 08-11-2014, 10:15 PM

I am so sad to hear about this. I knew he'd suffered from depression, but to hear he took his own life is just shocking to me. He was so funny and I just can't understand why he wasn't able to find something in life to make him happy. He brought so much joy and laughter to so many people, I wish he could have seen himself the way so many of us saw him. I feel so bad for his family. Ohhh a celebrity death has not got to me this bad in such a long time, I'm so sad...I hope now he can get the peace he needed....

Not surprised. He was an unhappy guy. Personally I found him annoying, not funny. Couldn't understand the appeal. I feel sad for him though.

phirerednga Guest
    This man has brought so much joy and happiness into so many lives, it is hard to believe he is no longer here. My heart goes out to his children and wife, I hope they realize how beloved he was by so many. Our genie is gone....RIP Mr Williams, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post
    Not surprised. He was an unhappy guy. Personally I found him annoying, not funny. Couldn't understand the appeal. I feel sad for him though.
    I really didn't like his comedy work, but he was a very gifted dramatic actor. He was so good in Good Will Hunting. He was one of those people who just had sadness written into their face. Hard to explain, but he looked haunted.

It's so weird that so many comedians suffer such bad depression. It's really common, even here on the local scene.

I just adored the movie Popeye when I was a kid.

I agree that Williams could be annoying when he was all manic and/or hopped up on coke, but he did do lots of great work aside from that, and I've enjoyed him in many things over the years. I'll always have that soft spot for Popeye.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    i've just woken up to this news, absolutely stunned. Another comedy genuis has left us. RIP and thanks for the laughs, Robin.

Seagorath Guest
    It's so hard not to cry over this one. :'(

NOVSTORM Guest
    He was on a talk show and said that the last wife cleaned him out and he had to go back to work. He was deeply depressed by the divorce and her getting millions of dollars he doesn;t have, He had to sell all the homes he had and a big ranch somewhere to give her the cash . She got this mansion in SF right near the coast Sea CLiff and it is HUGE and it cost at least half a million to keep the place going. what a woman wants with that big place when she lives by herself is beyond me but when you marry your nanny without a prenup yup I guess this is the shit that happens. Poor guy couldnt do it any more money wise even with his new wife, I saw a note that his daughter wrote in some site for him but didnt he have a kid too with the first wife??
    Last edited by NOVSTORM; 08-12-2014 at 12:36 AM. Reason: sp

This one is hitting me hard. I adored him. The world doesn't seem too funny right now.

Godspeed Robin.
    Cindy

Zilla Guest
    I am also taking this particularly hard. I don't think I've been in shock like this over the death of a celebrity since John Lennon was murdered. I guess because it feels like both of them were suddenly ripped from this world. It is simply unreal.

NOVSTORM Guest
    worked for SF Autocenter in the 80's. He came in and purchased a Range Rover and he would always bring it in for service there. He would drop it off and most of the time we would take it to his moms and drop it off, He was totally different when not on stage. Down to earth and a real person. I don't know if his mom is still alive or not but he got her a beautiful home with these really beautiful flowers going up to the roof i\on the front of the house in NOe Valley LOL I will miss him too, I liked him.
    Last edited by NOVSTORM; 08-12-2014 at 02:01 AM. Reason: sp