Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: David "Stringbean" Akeman's murderer wants out

I hope the site is legit and I plan to download the book when my financial aid overage check is here. Hey, it's for a book and I will learn about the lives of Stringbean and Estelle, plus the court case. <L>
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

wsmv reports parole denied.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

RaRaRamona Guest
    Yeah, he was.

Mammy Guest
    I don't think he deserves to ever get out. Just to know he so desperately wants out lets us know that he feels his punishment and is miserable and I am glad. I was only five years old when Stringbean and Estelle were murdered. My Pap and Grandma never missed Hee-Haw and they were both so heartbroken over the murders. I remember Grandma sobbing and saying "Why would someone want to kill innocent people like that?" Sad and very senseless.

Dew_Hickee Guest
    does anybody know the location of stringbean's cabin?...i'm trying to find it on google maps.

All I know is that the cabin is supposed to be in Hilltop, TN.

My apologies, the cabin is located in Ridgetop, TN.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Dead is dead... Not one person, but two people are dead because of him. Killed in THEIR home.

He'll do an excellent job of being a counselor and preacher... In PRISON.

And, if they need more room in prison, execute his sorry ass.

Mammy Guest
    I just can't imagine that someone who murdered a woman who was running away from him and literally begging for her life and shooting her husband could ever be fit to live in society. There is definitely something lacking in a person who would do that to innocent people. I don't give a damn whether he thinks he has reformed or not because his victims are still dead by his hand. So, he wants out of prison, huh? Ain't that just the drizzling shits!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I just can't imagine that someone who murdered a woman who was running away from him and literally begging for her life and shooting her husband could ever be fit to live in society. There is definitely something lacking in a person who would do that to innocent people.
    I agree

Exactly, Mammy, and very well stated as usual. Evil resides in some people, maybe even from the day they are born. Anyone who would chase down a 55+year-old woman, shoot her, then look at her as she is kneeling, sobbing and begging for her life, only to shoot her execution style is evil.

Mammy Guest
    I just get so tired of hearing these people who do horrible things and start making excuses for it such as having a rough childhood, being poor, being abused, drug or alcohol use, mommy wasn't affectionate enough, and whatever other excuse they can think of. These people are dead because of him and nothing he can say or do will ever change that fact. He deserves the punishment of being in prison until he dies there since he didn't get the death penalty that he actually deserved. He can't make his wrongs right again and sorry doesn't fix anything!

people who murder..deserve to never see light of day..or...the death penalty.

I just get so tired of hearing these people who do horrible things and start making excuses for it such as having a rough childhood, being poor, being abused, drug or alcohol use, mommy wasn't affectionate enough, and whatever other excuse they can think of. These people are dead because of him and nothing he can say or do will ever change that fact. He deserves the punishment of being in prison until he dies there since he didn't get the death penalty that he actually deserved. He can't make his wrongs right again and sorry doesn't fix anything!
    same...I had a bad childhood, my gf had one...my bf had one...and we are the most compassionate caring ppl. no excuse. and no one
    will ever change my mind of that.

Mammy Guest
    Piggy, I have a lot of respect for people who had crappy childhoods and don't use it as excuse to be a bad adult. You can either use your experiences to make you stronger or as a handy excuse. My husband had a bad childhood with a cheating dad and an abusive mom and he is the most amazingly wonderful person that I have ever known. He is a faithful, loving husband and a patient, fun-loving dad to our son. He, like you and your friends, chose to rise above the rough start in life and be better than that and I admire all of you! In my eyes, the only excuse for killing anyone is in self defense or defending a loved one, neither of which was the case with the Akeman's murders. He should have been executed years ago!

Oh wow.. Wow..

That is a damn shame.

Mammy Guest
    It chaps my ass raw that he is being released! He should have been executed for murdering two completely innocent victims. He shot Estelle in the back of the head as she was begging for her life. I hope he drops dead the same day he is released. Better yet, I hope someone blows his head off while he pleads for his life.

That is bullshit. Kills 2 people and will get to breathe free air again.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I hope the people on that parole board never have to deal with a family member or friend begging for their life on their knees. Assholes.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    That is bullshit. Kills 2 people and will get to breathe free air again.
    He's been in prison for forty years. Where is he going to live? How is he going to support himself? We know what he did the last time he went looking for some quick cash. Bastard.

human Guest
    wasn't there some eerie coincidence to do with Johnny Cash or some one like him to do with this case?

Last edited by human; 10-20-2014 at 11:50 AM.

I cannot believe they let this man out. Mammy's right. He has been in prison for so many years, what the hell is he going to do?

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    wasn't there some eerie coincidence to do with Johnny Cash or some one like him to do with this case?

i can't remember
    I'm doing some Googling and will post if I find anything about this. I'm curious about it now. I found a good article.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2...-to-nashville/

It chaps my ass raw that he is being released! He should have been executed for murdering two completely innocent victims. He shot Estelle in the back of the head as she was begging for her life. I hope he drops dead the same day he is released. Better yet, I hope someone blows his head off while he pleads for his life.
    He's been in prison for forty years. Where is he going to live? How is he going to support himself? We know what he did the last time he went looking for some quick cash. Bastard.
    What's the asshole going to do? He's going to spend every second of his time running, while looking over his shoulder, until someone shoots him in the head. I don't think it will take too long either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    What's the asshole going to do? He's going to spend every second of his time running, while looking over his shoulder, until someone shoots him in the head. I don't think it will take too long either.

I bet this loser ends up in another part of the country where unfortunately the murder of Stringbean and his wife is all but totally forgotten which makes it easier for him to "blend in" and sadly that is a rather large chunk of the US. Now if he decides to stay in the south especially around Nashville you can bet the house that he will be looking over his shoulder. At his age I am curious as to know this guy will support himself ??

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    I hope so! I just can't get this out of my mind. The judge sentenced him with the intention of him spending the rest of his life in prison and there's no reason he should have been ever considered for parole, never mind actually get it. This is exactly why I support the death penalty. There is a much smaller chance of them ever being released, even if they die of old age on death row. There's no way to know what a parole board will do in the future even with a 198 year sentence. Manson's cohorts are probably perked up now thinking they have a chance of getting out, too, and that wouldn't surprise me either. As for how he will make a living, I guess his idiot wife will be supporting him.

The son of a bitch has a job waiting for him:

McDonald said Brown does have a job waiting for him.

Cornerstone Nashville, located in Madison, reportedly offered Brown a position as a janitor.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26793495/s...granted-parole

Oh, and this little gem:

When he is released, McDonald said he will be met by a Tennessee Department of Correction forensic social worker who will determine if he has any after care needs.

I know what he needs. Another 150 years of prison time.
    Cindy

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    The son of a bitch has a job waiting for him:

McDonald said Brown does have a job waiting for him.

Cornerstone Nashville, located in Madison, reportedly offered Brown a position as a janitor.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26793495/s...granted-parole

Oh, and this little gem:

When he is released, McDonald said he will be met by a Tennessee Department of Correction forensic social worker who will determine if he has any after care needs.

I know what he needs. Another 150 years of prison time.
    It's a good thing that he will have a job to go to. I still can't stand the fact that he is getting released, but hopefully his job will keep his ass out of trouble and keep him from robbing and murdering anyone else. He's in for a huge surprise when he sees how different the world is now compared to when he went into prison. He's been behind bars nearly as long as I have been alive.

These men sat in Stringbean's cabin and listened to him on The Grand Ole Opry to see when he was coming home. They rummaged through his belongings looking for his money. They stayed even though they knew that he and Estelle were on their way home. They killed Stringbean in cold blood and went after Estelle, who was unarmed. They bragged about what they did. Crazy kids with eighth grade education? I don't think that is an excuse. Evil is evil.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    These men sat in Stringbean's cabin and listened to him on The Grand Ole Opry to see when he was coming home. They rummaged through his belongings looking for his money. They stayed even though they knew that he and Estelle were on their way home. They killed Stringbean in cold blood and went after Estelle, who was unarmed. They bragged about what they did. Crazy kids with eighth grade education? I don't think that is an excuse. Evil is evil.
    I agree with you completely. The ironic part is that they brutally murdered two innocent people and actually stole very little. Stringbean had over $3100 in a pocket and Estelle had over $2500 hidden in her bra and the Browns completely overlooked all of that money. Do the Akemans have any family still living besides a nephew? I know they never had children.

With that being said I wonder if WSM radio ( Grand Ole Opry ) had increased their own security after the murders meaning do not give personal information over the air ?? If memory serves when Denver's KOA radio talk show host Alan Berg was murdered in 1984 the Denver media no longer allowed their announcers to announce personal info on the air such as where they lived. Berg before his murder would tell everyone on KOA whose signal like WSM's reached many many states where he lived right down to the directions as to how to get to his home.
    Last edited by choff; 10-16-2014 at 03:33 PM.

I hope so! I just can't get this out of my mind. The judge sentenced him with the intention of him spending the rest of his life in prison and there's no reason he should have been ever considered for parole, never mind actually get it. This is exactly why I support the death penalty. There is a much smaller chance of them ever being released, even if they die of old age on death row. There's no way to know what a parole board will do in the future even with a 198 year sentence. Manson's cohorts are probably perked up now thinking they have a chance of getting out, too, and that wouldn't surprise me either. As for how he will make a living, I guess his idiot wife will be supporting him.
    Well I'm single so looks like I can find me a husband. A prisoner!! What a life. I cannot believe this asshole is out after what he did. I would love to sit down with that parole board and hear what they think is a good reason to let this fucker go. Just one reason. Just ONE. Because I just can't seem to conjure up anything rational in my mind that would allow a damn convicted murderer go free.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Well I'm single so looks like I can find me a husband. A prisoner!! What a life. I cannot believe this asshole is out after what he did. I would love to sit down with that parole board and hear what they think is a good reason to let this fucker go. Just one reason. Just ONE. Because I just can't seem to conjure up anything rational in my mind that would allow a damn convicted murderer go free.
    But, he's sorry! He's a changed man and feels such deep remorse for his actions, so that should count more than the deaths of two innocent victims. There must be some real winners on that parole board. Maybe he is a changed man, but it doesn't mean he should be released. It means he should man up and serve his sentence.

But, he's sorry! He's a changed man and feels such deep remorse for his actions, so that should count more than the deaths of two innocent victims. There must be some real winners on that parole board. Maybe he is a changed man, but it doesn't mean he should be released. It means he should man up and serve his sentence.
    Exactly, so if that is their argument, aren't all murderers "remorseful", "changed", "sorry", etc.? Hell lets just open the prison gates and let 'em all out.

Mammy Guest
    Exactly, so if that is their argument, aren't all murderers "remorseful", "changed", "sorry", etc.? Hell lets just open the prison gates and let 'em all out.
    Of course they are! If you don't believe it, just ask them. I wouldn't think it would be too much of a stretch to stay out of trouble in prison. The outside world is a different story.

Well, of course! He is sorry. He has changed. Well, I hope so! I hope that he doesn't get out and murder more people. (Inserting sarcasm). Stringbean kept a good amount of money in his chimney. From what I understand, he didn't trust banks.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Mammy Guest
    Well, of course! He is sorry. He has changed. Well, I hope so! I hope that he doesn't get out and murder more people. (Inserting sarcasm). Stringbean kept a good amount of money in his chimney. From what I understand, he didn't trust banks.
    Over $20,000 was found behind a brick in his chimney many years after the murders. It was so rotted and chewed by mice, it had to be destroyed. He and Estelle also carried large amounts of money with them all of the time that they concealed in their clothes. Friends of Stringbean told him many times that he shouldn't be flashing around such a large wad of cash because he could get robbed, but he obviously didn't listen to them. IMO, he was a simple man who didn't believe anyone would hurt him.

I just can't imagine that someone who murdered a woman who was running away from him and literally begging for her life and shooting her husband could ever be fit to live in society. There is definitely something lacking in a person who would do that to innocent people. I don't give a damn whether he thinks he has reformed or not because his victims are still dead by his hand. So, he wants out of prison, huh? Ain't that just the drizzling shits!
    Mammy, I know that post was from three years ago, I do.
    But I could not let "the drizzling shits" go without some recognition.
    A Mammy-ism to the nth degree (not to mention a damned good name for a punk band!)
    Ain't that just the .... well, you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    Mammy, I know that post was from three years ago, I do.
    But I could not let "the drizzling shits" go without some recognition.
    A Mammy-ism to the nth degree (not to mention a damned good name for a punk band!)
    Ain't that just the .... well, you know.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I love her comments. I still have one her best ones in my siggy. She's the best.

Mammy Guest
    Thank you both! The "ain't that just the drizzling shits" was one of my Pap's sayings. He had some dandies. LOL

Thank you both! The "ain't that just the drizzling shits" was one of my Pap's sayings. He had some dandies. LOL
    I'm stealing this one. I've stolen lots of yours and people love them!

Mammy Guest
    I'm stealing this one. I've stolen lots of yours and people love them!
    That's fine. Pap would be proud to know he left such a rich vocabulary. LOL

That's fine. Pap would be proud to know he left such a rich vocabulary. LOL
    And that is why I'm proud to be from the South!!!!

Mammy Guest
    And that is why I'm proud to be from the South!!!!
    Me, too. He was funny without even trying.

NOVSTORM Guest
    It makes me happy when these creeps who didnt get the DP do not get parole, That they get to live begging to live and get out. Beg just like these two good people begged to live. Tgey were showed no mercy by him so why should he be given mercy? Just like Tex Watson he "found God" well now that he found HIm I hope he has a long long life to sit there and talk to HIM . He isnt sorry he is just sorry that he got caught.
    Last edited by NOVSTORM; 10-16-2014 at 11:09 PM. Reason: sp

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    It makes me happy when these creeps who didnt get the DP do not get parole, That they get to live begging to live and get out. Beg just like these two good people begged to live. Tgey were showed no mercy by him so why should he be given mercy? Just like Tex Watson he "found God" well now that he found HIm I hope he has a long long life to sit there and talk to HIM . He isnt sorry he is just sorry that he got caught.
    Yeah, I like hearing about the ones who commit horrible crimes and whine constantly about getting out of prison. Jeffrey MacDonald is a good example. If his ass ever gets released in my life time, I'll come totally unglued!

I am tired of criminals and this "I found God" thing. Well, have a good, long talk with God and maybe you can explain why you did such a cruel and terrible thing to two innocent people. I do remember Stringbean when I was a young child. I honestly hadn't thought about him in years because I think that I knew that something terrible happened to him, but I wasn't sure what. We watched Hee Haw a lot when I was a child. So funny, a family of New Yorkers watching Hee Haw. I'm actually friends with a Hee Haw Honey, but this was long after Stringbean's time. I'm not sure if she knew him.