Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Scott about Former Sharon Tate Residence Location

seberly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ibestevie View Post
    Scott, can you expand on this a bit? I know Waters is way off center but how and why did he befriend Tex and Van Houten? How do you have a "falling out" with one butcher while remaining friendly with another who is just as guilty of murder? Also, can you share some details of your correspondences with Watson? One more thing- why do you feel comfortable writing to Tex but not to Manson?
    Hey Scott I thought this was an interesting question are you able to give further details?

I disrecall what Waters said about Tex, I just know that he asked me not to mention online that he had anything to do with Leslie, because he didn't want to screw up her chance of making parole. Her association with him, he thought, might tarnish her reputation. lol.

My corresponding with Tex was only once, to comment on his book - a book in which he wrote and expressed remorse. Manson has never done so, and Tex - well a lot of people doubt his sincerity, but Tex did, and my letter was only a comment on that.

I'm not interested in getting to know Manson, or corresponding with him. Frankly, he scares me. He may be only 5 feet tall, but they've done a good job of making him the boogey man. It worked for me.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

ShellBell Guest
    Just something I was thinking about, to Scott, Filmmaker, or anyone:

How do ya'll feel about the new owner of the property tearing down the murder house? I know that what's there now is quite the monstrosity, but aside from that.

I know I could never ever have lived in that house, the vibes are too eerie and I would never sleep! But from a death-hag perspective it would be fascinating to go up to the gates and still be able to know that house was there, like some sort of morbid landmark.

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere.
    Last edited by ShellBell; 01-17-2009 at 01:27 PM.

knothere Guest
    ok i dont beleive residuale energy can be restrained
    i think it goes where it goes

but i wanna know about the origional home after the murders n what was it like to be there after the investigation didnt 9innails use it for recording n the lead has the door that had pig on it

MoonRabbit Guest
    What a shame that the original house on Cielo dr was destroyed.
    That was such a beautiful property. Too bad someone couldn't prevent it
    from being destroyed.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    It was an incredibly serene and beautiful house. I really regret that I never got to see it before it was torn down. I would have given anything to have walked those grounds.

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    What a shame that the original house on Cielo dr was destroyed.
    That was such a beautiful property. Too bad someone couldn't prevent it
    from being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    It was an incredibly serene and beautiful house. I really regret that I never got to see it before it was torn down. I would have given anything to have walked those grounds.
    The house was truly beautiful and serene. I didn't care for the "Barn Red" color that all the natural wood and some of the shingle siding had been painted in over the years. I wish we had some color photographs from the 1940's to see the way it looked just after it was built in 1944.
    Everything about it was beautiful, the trees, the land scape, the pool, the split rail fence, and especially the house.
    Someone should have bought it and had it decorated by someone like Carlton Varney. I think that would have taken away the feel of the original "Murder House", but would have softened it and made it a "Happy House" once again.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I couldn't agree with you more Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I wish I were stinking rich...I would buy the property, tear down that huge pile o crap and turn the place into wilderness...let people visit if they wanted, just as a memorial to the victims
    I fully agree that would of been the thing to do. I know that I personally would never want to "live" in any house/mansion built on that property even if they gave it to me for free, just a little too creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    ok i dont beleive residuale energy can be restrained
    i think it goes where it goes

but i wanna know about the origional home after the murders n what was it like to be there after the investigation didnt 9innails use it for recording n the lead has the door that had pig on it
    Yes, Trent Razor took the "pig" door with him when he moved out and he used it as the front door of his recording studio in I believe New Orleans (could be wrong on that location) but last I heard it is still there.

T

That is the door today

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    That is the door today
    Sure is! Been there. Seen that.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Sure is! Been there. Seen that.
    If I'm not mistaken, Reznor hasn't used that place as a studio since Katrina. I'm wondering if he still owns the property. Would seem crazy to sell it and not take the door (since he dragged the thing all the way from Cielo Dr.).

Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Reznor hasn't used that place as a studio since Katrina. I'm wondering if he still owns the property. Would seem crazy to sell it and not take the door (since he dragged the thing all the way from Cielo Dr.).
    I was there pre-Katrina, so I have no idea.

I so want that door.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    I so want that door.
    Scott...sounds like you need some "boots on the ground" in New Orleans!
    "Never cut what you can untie"

-Joseph Joubert