Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV shows that ran too long.

MorbidMolly Guest
    *M*A*S*H difinitely........too bad because for my dollar it was the most irreverant, funny, and always thought provoking show on the air......I did watch the last show with a tear in my eye, but thought " Damn, this should have happened AT least 5 years ago ".......without my Radar, it was a sad thing to watch.....* sniff *

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Friends..I hate that show..so damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    Thank you! Never seen a whole ep. Watched half of one once to see what the hype was, turned the channel from boredom and disdain and never bothered with it again!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Thank you! Never seen a whole ep. Watched half of one once to see what the hype was, turned the channel from boredom and disdain and never bothered with it again!
    I figured someone would get bitter about me saying that....it seems that there's a large following of this waste of time. I thought seriously about writing the creator of the show and asking for my time back that I wasted on watching an episode.

Vamp Guest
    Dallas

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    I have never liked that either! Its so irritating! I am like the only one in my family that doesn't like.

Kugmu Guest
    ER
    This coming season will be the last one!
    It probably should have ended soon after Dr. Green diedâ?¦

Quote Originally Posted by evilfurnaceman View Post
    the smurfs should have never seen the light of day.

Scooby-doo. See smurfs. I absolutely hate sd. My whiner brother absolutely had to see this waste of tape. Since i was not the favorite, i lost the tv battle. If i hit the lottery, i will buy the rights and personally destroy all tapes and any evidence of sd. I would do the same to the smurfs.
    LOL

Seagorath Guest
    Facts of Life ran too many years.

Ally McBeal!

It just got more and more lame as time went on. Didn't they also start pandering to audiences, changing story outcomes when viewers bitched about them? Talk about ass-kissing.

It started off so good...I still say "I like a fresh bowl" to myself when entering the loo at work and flushing...

**Jenna** Guest
    Beverly Hills,90210. I liked it til they got out of high school.

Tuesday Guest
    Power Rangers, i was a kid when it first came on and loved it until all the regular cast left the show. Its been on how many seasons...?

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    Power Rangers, i was a kid when it first came on and loved it until all the regular cast left the show. Its been on how many seasons...?
    Thats still on? Huh. ER hate that show,CSI,The Price is Right-now that Drew Carey is the annoying host.Soaps All my children,One life to Live,Young and the Restless, and the Bold and the Beautiful. Also MTV, all these need to be cancelled.

It hasn't ended yet but I predict it will. I hear Grissom is leaving the original CSI. Now Sara's gone, Warrick's gone and now Grissom. I don't think there's a show there without Grissom. So i don't know when he's leaving or the story behind that or what but once he does it just needs to end. I love that show but there are too many original characters gone and it will never be the same. So RIP CSI, soon. If they continue with new people it will be bad, bad, bad. Sometimes when a show still has a large following it tries to stay on the air and just re-invent itself. In my opinion it won't work with this one. I've watched it from the very first episode but once Grissom leaves I won't watch anymore. Sad really. I'll miss it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kafenervosa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Dallas
    I loved Dallas and watched it faithfully till the end, but IMO it went down when JR married Cally.

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    And I got all the seasons on DVD!
    We finally have something in common! Hahahahaha! I have them all too!

hoxharding Guest
    'Laverne and Shirley' when Laverne moved to California,someone should of thought 'hey this thing is being milked dry'
    '3's a Crowd'-I watched it-I admit it many tv shows I watched years ago ended up in a book about television turkeys
    ('Billy' or 'Detective School' one flight up' anyone?)
    Also
    'Joanie Loves Chachi' ran wayyy to long.:P

smooches27 Guest
    I have to say ER, I'm so ready for it to be over....

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    Beverly Hills,90210. I liked it til they got out of high school.

Tori Spelling said the writing got bad, that it was a hit show so no one seemed to care. She said the cast would read over their scripts and then rewrite parts of them.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    She really screwed up that last season, I loved that show, watched it every week, and then that last season just left a bad taste. Too bad, I don't think too many shows have captured the true spirit of the (modern) American family like that one did...until that last year anyway.
    Great cast too, Goodman, Estelle Parsons, Shelly Winters, Ned Beatty, that list goes on and on. She had real lightning in a bottle there for awhile.
    I have to agree on the last season, it's just horrid. It's embarassing to watch, it's so bad.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Tori Spelling said the writing got bad, that it was a hit show so no one seemed to care. She said the cast would read over their scripts and then rewrite parts of them.
    I don't blame them.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    AMEN to that! I wish I could afford to sit around a coffee shop all day and never go to work. While paying rent in a $5,000 a month apartment in Manhattan. That show made me gag! I am glad it ended!!!

Ken Guest
    I'm probably gonna make some people mad but the Stargate series should have been cancelled a long time ago, IMO.
    It's like someone droning on and on and on...gives me tired head thinking about it.

No offense, but the day Pokemon ends is the day of salvation for the world. That show died after they increased the Pokemon amount from 150.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Noelle Page Guest
    She really screwed up that last season, I loved that show, watched it every week, and then that last season just left a bad taste. Too bad, I don't think too many shows have captured the true spirit of the (modern) American family like that one did...until that last year anyway.
    Great cast too, Goodman, Estelle Parsons, Shelly Winters, Ned Beatty, that list goes on and on. She had real lightning in a bottle there for awhile.
    Didn;t they win the lottery, and fix up the house? WTF? Yeah, she ruined a classic show, really ruined it.

I also wish Lucy didn't move to Westport or wherever, but at least it didn't strain credulity. (Well, except that didn't Frethel go too? Where was it they lived, in the garage or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    No offense, but the day Pokemon ends is the day of salvation for the world. That show died after they increased the Pokemon amount from 150.
    my gawd is that still running? I worked on Pokemon when it was huge, but it all wore off pretty quickly, I thought.

When they insisted that every Pokemon except for Pikachu have a local name in every single language, something evocative of the original Japanese name, I thought, sheeeyat, it's time to get outta here.

sheri Guest
    Denise Richards - It's Constipated...er um I mean It's Complicated. Should have NEVER gotten past the doors of the writers room.

Prisoner Cell Block H (Australian programme) was crap and ran for far too long but it was fun to watch the crappy acting and to see the sets wobble about!

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    my gawd is that still running? I worked on Pokemon when it was huge, but it all wore off pretty quickly, I thought.

When they insisted that every Pokemon except for Pikachu have a local name in every single language, something evocative of the original Japanese name, I thought, sheeeyat, it's time to get outta here.
    Unfortunately, it IS still running. Every time I flip through the channels and see it, I get disgusted. Too many Pokemon, don't like the new characters, can't stand the new voices, and the story is just too redundant and repetitive. However, I've moved on to bigger and better Anime!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

30. 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Anything with David Hasselhoff, especially Baywatch. Couldn't stand that garbage, watching silicone and cellulite bouncing up and down as they ran in slow motion trying to look good while people drown to death lol

Chascsq Guest
    Amen. I loved that show, but that last season *shakes head*. Dan cheating, Beverly being gay, Leon going flaming queen, the weird LSD-esque like adventures. I really believe the final episode; where she claims it was all in her head was a coverup to save the show's image. If I had wrote her last season I would of had them win the lotto, and just end it with them using it to quit their jobs, and buy a new home, or finally finishing the boat, and have her, and Dan sail off.

M.A.S.H, Happy Days and Trump Running for President.

The Waltons and 7th Heaven. I loved both, but neither were that interesting to me after the kids grew up and some of them, like Richard Thomas, and Barry Watson, left the show.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

cindy, i know what you mean. The first show that came to my mind was "The Facts of Life". lord that seem to go on forever.

Say what you will about Charlie Sheen, but Two and a Half Men pretty much sucked after he was fired, it should have ended there. And of ALL the shows mentioned in this thread, I still think M*A*S*H was the one that ran way too long after it should have ended.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

M*A*S*H, Happy Days, ER, Roseanne, Married...With Children, Three's Company, LA Law, Yes Dear

The Streets of San Francisco should have ended when Michael Douglas left.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

IMO when there is a program that has a looong run, the actors doing the same thing starts to show after awhile.
    We love classic tv shows, Have a fairly large dvd collection, And you can see where they revamp earlier episodes into the later episodes..(Bewitched was good for this).plus in the sitcom world there is a lot of re-doing old tv series. (I love lucy type comedy or at least trying to do I.LL.) both had the great writer William Asher but IMO there will never be another Desi and Lucy. But shows do start wear after they have been on so long.

Most reality shows should had been cancelled within the first two years of their debut.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    IMO when there is a program that has a looong run, the actors doing the same thing starts to show after awhile.
    We love classic tv shows, Have a fairly large dvd collection, And you can see where they revamp earlier episodes into the later episodes..(Bewitched was good for this).plus in the sitcom world there is a lot of re-doing old tv series. (I love lucy type comedy or at least trying to do I.LL.) both had the great writer William Asher but IMO there will never be another Desi and Lucy. But shows do start wear after they have been on so long.
    This reminds me of Michael Landon revamping old Bonanza episodes to fit Little House on the Prairie. For example: While alone, Little Joe accidentally cuts (?) his hand and it gets infected and he has to make drastic efforts to save his life; ditto Ma Ingles, except it's her leg, which she cut on a wire while climbing off a wagon. And as far as Little House, as much as I loved it, should have been canceled when Landon and Grassle left. Another family living in the little house just didn't feel right to me.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-07-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    This reminds me of Michael Landon revamping old Bonanza episodes to fit Little House on the Prairie. For example: While alone, Little Joe accidentally cuts (?) his hand and it gets infected and he has to make drastic efforts to save his life; ditto Ma Ingles, except it's her leg, which she cut on a wire while climbing off a wagon. And as far as Little House, as much as I loved it, should have been canceled when Landon and Grassle left. Another family living in the little house just didn't feel right to me.
    So true...When Nellie left too, Seemed a bit boring when they added Nancy as a little Nellie type.
    Although I just loved that episode of Bonanza where "Hoss" saw the little leprechauns. Hilarious.

My wife is going to kill me because it's still on but Supernatural has become a parody of itself. It's almost unwatchable.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Don't know if it's been mentioned, Alice, I loved that show, However It ran a bit too long.

Scotti Guest
    the big bang theory
    the closer.... kyra sedwick grated on me.
    n.c.i.s [ and all its demon spawn]
    mr. selfridge
    keeping up with the kardashians

NCIS is going for two more seasons. I tried to watch it, and loved it, but after x number of submarine crimes I got fed up and quit watching.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Law & Order :SVU. I haven't liked it since Chris Meloni left.
    CSI: Same as above with Gil Grissom
    ER
    Cosby Show
    7th Heaven
    Happy Days
    JAG (as much as I loved it)
    Duggars
    600lb life

Quote Originally Posted by Scotti View Post
    the big bang theory
    keeping up with the kardashians
    Big Bang was ruined when Howard married Bernadette. It just lost something after that and Howard going on the Space Shuttle. Come on. Now a baby? That kills any show.
    The Kardashians is on to promote Kendal and Kylies careers. Who even knows why I am Cait is on? The Osbournes stayed on too long so that Kelly could promote her singing career.
    The Hulk Hogan family after a season or so was so Brooke could promote her singing career and even with her brother in prison they were talking deals for HIS reality show. Her show was unwatchable it should have been canceled before the first commercial.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Law and order SVU, still going on, I do like it but it's like it's getting to be the same old same old.

I agree with most of these ya'lls, but one thing I have always said, I would keep riding that pony til it died. Esp TV actors, rare that
    they make it to the movies. Keep making it while you can

This is why I enjoy Animated Tv shows: The Simpsons...etc.
    Are on so long the actors can get old, but not the voice.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.