Thread: Gene Siskel

Gene Siskel

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Mach2 Guest
    I enjoyed Siskel but Ebert had an undeserved pulitzer or heisman award that went to his head.

Morto Guest
    Siskel was the more likeable of the team but they were good

I was so surprised when he died! It made me sad. Poor Gene.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Gene was kind of a hotty in the Daddy sense but the replacement is totally fuckable as well.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Not seeing it, buddy. Whatever toots your horn, I suppose!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I don't believe that it is "horns" that Ich is interested in tooting.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Gene was kind of a hotty in the Daddy sense but the replacement is totally fuckable as well.

Roeper? He was in some magazine years ago as one of those eligible bachelors.
    I always liked Siskel.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I always liked Siskel.
    No the dead bald one! Ewww I'm not a chubbychaser. I thought his name was Gene. Whose Roper? I'm totally confused now. Norman Fell wasnt even mentioned. I wouldnt do Ebert or Mr. Roper.

Oh I get it! Roeper is the new sexbot! Okay I'd totally do him!

crazedfemale Guest
    Loved their show; watched from when it was on PBS to when it was syndicated. I loved him; the rapport between the two of them was awesome. How is Roger Ebert doing, btw?

derbingle Guest
    Get this: The cemetery he's buried in, near Chicago, won't tell you where he's buried, "by family request." Jack Ruby, killer of Lee Harvey Oswald is also buried in the same cemetery.

Quote Originally Posted by derbingle View Post
    Get this: The cemetery he's buried in, near Chicago, won't tell you where he's buried, "by family request." Jack Ruby, killer of Lee Harvey Oswald is also buried in the same cemetery.
    Well I'd imagine it would turn into a spectacle like Jim Morrisons grave.

hoxharding Guest
    No the dead bald one! Ewww I'm not a chubbychaser. I thought his name was Gene. Whose Roper? I'm totally confused now. Norman Fell wasnt even mentioned. I wouldnt do Ebert or Mr. Roper.

*Heee heee hhee*
    I know you meant Gene,but yes the new one was who I was talking about.*
    Oh you know you love Ebert!*joke!*
    Speaking of Ebert, if you want to read some great reviews that also can be funny,get his book 'Your Movie Sucks!'

Well I'd imagine it would turn into a spectacle like Jim Morrisons grave.
    Yes, I can see a little forest growing of "thumbs down" or "thumbs up" ceramics decorating his grave, depending on where one thinks he is in the hereafter, or just whether one agreed with his reviews.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I always liked Siskel.
    Wasn't Roeper employed by KC & The Sunshine Band at one time? No not as a singer but rather he handled their financial affairs.

I know he had a book out a few years back about those famous/infamous celebrity urban legends that was pretty good. One myth that turned out to be myth was that rumor where Bill Cosby bought up all the rights to the Little Rascals so they never could be shown on TV again because Cosby felt those shows were racist. Ah..not true.

The last time I saw Siskel & Ebert together was on their show when they reviewed the Jerry Springer movie "Ringmaster". This was after Siskel's brain tumor sugery and it was very sad to watch. Ebert had to explain to Siskel who Jerry Springer was. Neither liked the movie though.

Come to think of it I don't think Springer did either.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I was so surprised when he died! It made me sad. Poor Gene.
    I know, me too.

Noreen Guest
    A long time ago, back in the day, me & my boyfriend were at a punk club. Gene had been there (not sure why) and he lost his ID's. Well, my bf found them and used them to get into clubs (we were underage). It was soo funny to us that no one looked at his ID and said " you are not Gene Siskel! "
    But I liked him & Roger. Since I grew up in Chicago, they were vey familiar faces. I like Roeper now too, seems an okay guy, and pretty funny too.

Deathgoddess Guest
    There is a new documentary coming out about Siskel that looks fascinating.

that's ebert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cyberslammer Guest

Gene Siskel

Was there ever an official cause of his death? All they list is complications from the surgery he got in February 1999 and in the Larry King interview Roger Ebert wouldn't say what the cause of death was, just that it was related to the surgery....

Quote Originally Posted by cyberslammer View Post
    Was there ever an official cause of his death? All they list is complications from the surgery he got in February 1999 and in the Larry King interview Roger Ebert wouldn't say what the cause of death was, just that it was related to the surgery....
    Please do a search before starting a new thread. We like to keep all like topics in on one thread, which makes the forum tidy for all users to do searches. Rule 6.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD