Thread: Tara Grinstead/Jennifer Kesse

melmoney Guest

Tara Grinstead/Jennifer Kesse

Did anybody catch 48 Hours Mystery last night? I had heard of both cases before but didn't know many details about either. They were speculating that the cases could be related, but didn't have any solid evidence.

The survelliance picture of the assilant in the Kesse case was freaky. The investigators were speculating that the suspect could have been a painter in Jennifer's condo complex but said there was really no way of tracking any painters down. You would think they could go to the owner of the paint company and ask about any former employee that fit the person in the picture. But otherwise, absolutely perplexing that Jennifer would just disappear without a trace and they still haven't found her after 2 years.

The Tara Grinstead case was just as perplexing but luckily they have the latex glove with DNA on it to narrow down their search. There was no disturbance or forced entry into her house so either somebody was laying in wait for her outside or it was somebody she knew.

Thoughts?

Smackman Guest
    I have not heard about the Kesse case, but did hear about the Grinstead case a couple of years ago. I haven't followed it closely, but I'm glad to hear that they may have some evidence, as the last I heard there was nothing.

Police Find Few Clues In Search For Missing Woman

POSTED: 11:17 am EST January 25, 2006 http://www.wesh.com/news/6431174/detail.html i'm in fl and this has a lot of info on the case you can do a search on the case

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Kesse lived in an absolutely horrible neighborhood, and I don't know why. It was a new apartment complex surrounded by a spiked fence in the middle of the ghetto. The big mystery to me and many around here is why someone of her age and apparent background live there. I'm saying ghetto people killed her, but it doesn't make any sense why she would even live there.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Thanks for the information. I saw this last night and it's been haunting me all day.

I don't like it when people just "disappear". Creeps me out every time and I'm always skittish a few days after I see the story. Maybe because it hits home how it could have been me. Especially the one who was so safety minded...I have our burglar alarm on during the day when I'm home. And we don't even live in a sketchy area. But I'm not convinced anymore that that's the prerequisite for someone invading your home

And on a purely superficial note - for those of you that watched the 48 Hours did you notice how all the pageant "girls" had the same pencil-thin, arched, over tweezed eyebrows? It that a pageant thing?

endsleigh03 Guest
    I saw it and it bugged me all day today.

I can't believe they have what is probably Jennifer's killer on that sec camera tape and can't see the face.
    Was luck with that idiot that day or what?

Her poor family.

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    Kesse lived in an absolutely horrible neighborhood, and I don't know why. It was a new apartment complex surrounded by a spiked fence in the middle of the ghetto. The big mystery to me and many around here is why someone of her age and apparent background live there. I'm saying ghetto people killed her, but it doesn't make any sense why she would even live there.
    On the news footage it just looks like a grim cold and very empty place for a young woman to move into!
    Its just the feel of the place I dont like! The atmostphere is creepy and she may have had a gut feeling too by the sounds of things!

lisalouver Guest
    I only caught the last few minutes of it......

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    On the news footage it just looks like a grim cold and very empty place for a young woman to move into!
    Its just the feel of the place I dont like! The atmostphere is creepy and she may have had a gut feeling too by the sounds of things!
    Basically, they built this huge upscale mall near the ghetto, and now they're like trying to clean up the ghetto by building "normal" apartment complexes in the ghetto with spiked iron gates surrounding them. But you're in the ghetto. It makes no sense to me why she'd live there unless she was new to the area and didn't know any better. It's sad, there are still posters of her everywhere.

My best friend was obsessed with the Tara Grinstead disappearance for months after it happened, and even joined a forum about it(but was banned for lurking and not posting). i was wondering the other day if any progress had been made.

melmoney Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post

Very interesting. I wonder why she moved there if this is the case. Her family talked about how safe and vigilant Jennifer always was. I'm a single female and when I was apartment hunting my main criteria was the safety of the neighborhood.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    Thanks for the information. I saw this last night and it's been haunting me all day.

I don't like it when people just "disappear". Creeps me out every time and I'm always skittish a few days after I see the story. Maybe because it hits home how it could have been me. Especially the one who was so safety minded...I have our burglar alarm on during the day when I'm home. And we don't even live in a sketchy area. But I'm not convinced anymore that that's the prerequisite for someone invading your home

And on a purely superficial note - for those of you that watched the 48 Hours did you notice how all the pageant "girls" had the same pencil-thin, arched, over tweezed eyebrows? It that a pageant thing?

SNZ I saw them in person! They were great!

Katrinawitch Guest
    How strange to stumble upon this. My friend at work is Jennifer Kesse's mother's cousin, and told us about the case from the get go. She still has Jen's "missing" poster as her computer desktop background. It's sad, but this is just one of those cases that you know most likely will never have a happy ending, but there's just nothing to go on. The last thing was the grainy videotape of the "person of interest", which showed practically nothing.

My friend said that Jennifer's mom is still getting prank phone calls from people pretending to be her daughter, saying things like "mom, I need help, come get me, I can't find my way home", etc. Sickos. Also, there were a few people on MySpace that used her photos as their MySpace photo. It's sad.

melmoney Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    My friend said that Jennifer's mom is still getting prank phone calls from people pretending to be her daughter, saying things like "mom, I need help, come get me, I can't find my way home", etc. Sickos. Also, there were a few people on MySpace that used her photos as their MySpace photo. It's sad.
    That's so creul that people do that. I'm sure they don't want to have an unlisted number, as the possibility that Jennifer might call home one day. But unfortunely, I don't think she will.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    SNZ I saw them in person! They were great!

Hey suzy, I thought you meant you saw the pageant contestants' eyebrows in person. I was confused but finally figured out you meant that you saw SNZ in person.

Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    If this doesn't prove my point that people are awful. Why would anyone - I don't care how bored you are - resort to calling a grieving parent and say something this stupid?

I give up trying to makes sense of the senseless.

festerhead Guest
    This was in the national news earlier today... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/23...a-teacher.html