Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 170

Thread: Rebecca Shaeffer

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I didn't care for it either, RA, but I wanted to see what the fuss was about.
    I hate that! Thats how I got roped into seeing 2012! The fuss!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,225
    Some of it may be copycat. One nutball finds out another nutball read it and carried it with him to do the deed and so he decides to do it to.
    Brandon Lee

    A link to the newspaper proper is at the end of each article on the following blog

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I read it & hated every minute of it.
    You too, huh? I thought I just wasn't smart or deep enough to appreciate it. I pretty much gave up reading those "acclaimed" books. Most of 'em suck and bore me to pieces.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    is it just me
    cuz i race to read every word scott writes also
    but i didnt see any goooey pics

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,349
    It's not just you knot, I stared at that photo for several minutes and couldn't see anything particularly gory about it.



  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    is it just me
    cuz i race to read every word scott writes also
    but i didnt see any goooey pics
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    It's not just you knot, I stared at that photo for several minutes and couldn't see anything particularly gory about it.
    Maybe it's the one with the shirt with blood on it?

    What's gory to one may not be gory to another.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    floresville texas
    Posts
    110
    i saw nothing graphic.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    17
    I was sort of disappointed when I didn't see anything disturbing. Does that make me bad?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    is it just me
    cuz i race to read every word scott writes also
    but i didnt see any goooey pics
    I think there is blood drops on the ground and some on the glass door (I think) but I would not consider it graphic or anything.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    If the steps had been gray concrete I think we would see the blood more. It's hard to see it with the red stone.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    If she died inside the walkway that's why nothing "gory" is showing.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by mhicks0038 View Post
    I remember this...I was in junior high when this happened. I used to watch "My Sister Sam" all the time and though Rebecca was a beautiful, talented actress. It is such a horrible tragedy that the PSYCHO who did this to her is even allowed to live.

    There is some more info here http://www.franksreelreviews.com/sho...r/shaeffer.htm
    I read this at that link:


    The following was culled from the Death of Anissa Jones Discussion Forum attached to this site. It is a personal account posted by a visitor so take that into account, but there's little reason to not believe in its validity:

    "When Robert John Bardo tried to purchase a Ruger GP100 .357 magnum at Jensen's Firearms in Tucson Az. in the summer of 1989, he filled out the paperwork answering yes to having been committed to a mental facility, a disqualification. (He was also underage but he had a fake Driver's License that would have worked.)

    The salesman, a member of the Air Force named Bob, told him he could not purchase the revolver. Bardo got irate and said he wanted to fill out another copy, the salesman sought out help and Jerome Larochelle who also worked at Jensen's, told the guy absolutely no way and he told Bardo he could not own a firearm and to "Get the fuck out!" (Because he did not like the vibes he got from him!) The two then escorted Bardo from the store.


    Larochelle, his friend Bob and the Manager on duty at Jensen's hung Bardo's disqualified form on the bulletin board and wrote "DO NOT SELL TO THIS INDIVIDUAL!"

    The next morning Bardo came in with his brother who purchased the same Ruger GP100 revolver and gave it to his brother when they were out side of the shop, (a violation of federal law. His brother would have known that because it asks you that question on the form and warns that such 'straw man' purchases are a violation of Federal Law!)

    Bardo then used the revolver to fatally shoot Rebecca Schaeffer on July 18th.

    When Marsha Clark was prosecuting Bardo, the Jensen's people contacted her office and vehemently argued the point that these two went out of their way to break the law and scam a firearm for Bardo, and his demeanor, pointing to First Degree Premeditated Murder and accessory to First Degree Murder! Their voices fell on deaf ears and John Bardo got life, his brother was not charged."

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Updated with pictures of the crime scene

    http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/s..._schaeffer.htm
    On the home page of the site, it says there are graphic new photos. I guess I am missing something--these pics aren't graphic. There are no bodies, no blood, etc. Oh well!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    What book are we talking about?

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    What book are we talking about?
    Catcher in the Rye

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    Oh, duh. I forgot that this idiot was reading it too. I had to read it in high school. If Oprah ever makes it a book club selection the murder rate would skyrocket.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Oh, duh. I forgot that this idiot was reading it too. I had to read it in high school. If Oprah ever makes it a book club selection the murder rate would skyrocket.

    Murder or suicide?

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City
    Posts
    502
    There are quite a few blood drops on the bricks near the door and what I would call a lot of blood on the glass door. But yes, I agree it isn't graphic. Still, interesting to see new pictures of such a tragic crime.
    No on 8

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    783
    I agree the new photo on the FAD page isnt gory. But Im sure Scott has to label it that way so it warns people that would find it gory. You know how some people can get very upset without a warning. LOL

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    690
    What a psycho. Did this loser think he had a chance with her ? Who the hell does he think he is? Warren Beatty. Look in the mirror, you fat, ugly pathetic loser. Bardo is trash.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    958
    Well, being a student in Psychology I found the book kind of interesting since I like to figure out crazy...but you are right, it's somehow become the psychotic stalker's handbook...I can only assume because people who become stalkers feel like they are nothing and so they try to live in a fantasy world sort of like Holden Caufield did in the book, sort of ran away and did something differenlt, exciting, live in his own dream world for a while...That is the only connection I see...I read it and really was not inspired by it, just thought "ooook, this kid's a weirdo"...Who knows...Anyway, this is very tragic...it's just a reminder how quickly a life can just be snuffed out like nothing, one minute here and next minute gone. So sad.

    RIP Rebecca.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St.Louis Missouri
    Posts
    280
    No gory photo

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    103
    I have never seen the True Hollywood Story of Rebecca, i believe it was the first one made? It must have aired in Australia back in 96- 97 when cable tv was just starting, and we did have the show on another channel ,but somehow i missed it.I have always wanted to see it as her murder had a big impact on me, but i can`t find it anywhere on the web and i`m too cautious to put my credit card number out there and try and buy it.
    It`s not on youtube or e online.Does anyone here have it on video or dvd and be willing to put it up on youtube or elswhere if possible? I don`t know anything about uploading videos so i wouldn`t know if that`s an expensive thing to do.I`ve been wanting to see it for 13 years , i would be so grateful if anyone could help out.
    much thanks.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I read this at that link:


    The following was culled from the Death of Anissa Jones Discussion Forum attached to this site. It is a personal account posted by a visitor so take that into account, but there's little reason to not believe in its validity:

    "When Robert John Bardo tried to purchase a Ruger GP100 .357 magnum at Jensen's Firearms in Tucson Az. in the summer of 1989, he filled out the paperwork answering yes to having been committed to a mental facility, a disqualification. (He was also underage but he had a fake Driver's License that would have worked.)

    The salesman, a member of the Air Force named Bob, told him he could not purchase the revolver. Bardo got irate and said he wanted to fill out another copy, the salesman sought out help and Jerome Larochelle who also worked at Jensen's, told the guy absolutely no way and he told Bardo he could not own a firearm and to "Get the fuck out!" (Because he did not like the vibes he got from him!) The two then escorted Bardo from the store.

    Larochelle, his friend Bob and the Manager on duty at Jensen's hung Bardo's disqualified form on the bulletin board and wrote "DO NOT SELL TO THIS INDIVIDUAL!"
    The next morning Bardo came in with his brother who purchased the same Ruger GP100 revolver and gave it to his brother when they were out side of the shop, (a violation of federal law. His brother would have known that because it asks you that question on the form and warns that such 'straw man' purchases are a violation of Federal Law!)

    Bardo then used the revolver to fatally shoot Rebecca Schaeffer on July 18th.

    When Marsha Clark was prosecuting Bardo, the Jensen's people contacted her office and vehemently argued the point that these two went out of their way to break the law and scam a firearm for Bardo, and his demeanor, pointing to First Degree Premeditated Murder and accessory to First Degree Murder! Their voices fell on deaf ears and John Bardo got life, his brother was not charged."
    Wow. That story really pisses me off.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by babyharlow View Post
    Before I moved to L.A., I became obsessed with Rebecca and her senseless death (I think this is when I realized that I was death hag for the first time!).

    Right after I moved here, I had to see the apartment where she had lived and died. My poor husband took me on what he labeled "the death march" and I actually stood on the steps where she was shot. OMG I will never forget that day. It was so beautiful and peaceful on her street (Sweetzer Ave.) - the sun was out and the birds were chirping. I stood in her doorway for about a minute and looked in and saw the steps that she must have came down before meeting her awful fate. It was a haunting experience.
    Isn't Sweetzer Ave the same street Karyn Kupcinet was living on when she was murdered?

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by theladyinquestion View Post
    Isn't Sweetzer Ave the same street Karyn Kupcinet was living on when she was murdered?
    Yep. Only a few blocks away on Sweetzer Ave, if I'm not mistaken.

    On another note, I've decided to add a couple of Rebecca pics to counter the numerous pics of that rat-looking goon Bardo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aedgar5000; 08-04-2011 at 04:40 PM.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In Yo Bed! Where Else?
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    Yep. Only a few blocks away on Sweetzer Ave, if I'm not mistaken.

    On another note, I've decided to add a couple of Rebecca pics to counter the numerous pics of that rat-looking goon Bardo.
    When I was like 8 and My Sister Sam was still on air, I was in LOVE with Rebecca! I wanted to marry her! I remember hearing what happened to her and crying my eyes out wondering how somehow could do this! At the time of her death they were still showing the reruns of My Sister Sam on the USA Network. Such a beautiful girl, to this day I will never understand! So tragic...
    I knew that I did not want to be a statistic, that I wanted happiness within, and I wanted to be present because I knew what a great mover I was. I could move things and make things happen.

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    When I was like 8 and My Sister Sam was still on air, I was in LOVE with Rebecca! I wanted to marry her! I remember hearing what happened to her and crying my eyes out wondering how somehow could do this! At the time of her death they were still showing the reruns of My Sister Sam on the USA Network. Such a beautiful girl, to this day I will never understand! So tragic...
    I know what you mean. I was around the same age at the time, and I couldn't understand why anyone would want to hurt her. Another lovely life cut short for no good reason.

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    Yep. Only a few blocks away on Sweetzer Ave, if I'm not mistaken.
    Wow. Remind me never to move that street then....

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1
    I just hate it when deranged fans kill movie stars,singers,and such and then play the: OMG I'm so sorry this happened, if I could turn back time I'd wish it never happened and get some ignorant psychologist who is SYMPATHETIC for them and gets them out of the death penalty, They should change the laws to if you commit this crap and are found guilty there is NO plea bargaining and no nothing for you but death. Sadly in my state they'd get life in prison or between 45-60 years, Hopefully someone will finally kill off Bardo in prison and I think the one who does should get a commendation.

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto Uzumaki View Post
    I just hate it when deranged fans kill movie stars,singers,and such and then play the: OMG I'm so sorry this happened, if I could turn back time I'd wish it never happened and get some ignorant psychologist who is SYMPATHETIC for them and gets them out of the death penalty, They should change the laws to if you commit this crap and are found guilty there is NO plea bargaining and no nothing for you but death. Sadly in my state they'd get life in prison or between 45-60 years, Hopefully someone will finally kill off Bardo in prison and I think the one who does should get a commendation.
    Someone certainly tried. Bardo was stabbed 11 times by another inmate back in 2007. Didn't finish the job, though.

    http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...01673642_x.htm
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

  32. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Oh, duh. I forgot that this idiot was reading it too. I had to read it in high school. If Oprah ever makes it a book club selection the murder rate would skyrocket.
    IIRC Mark David Chapman (John Lennon) and John Hinkley (attempted to kill Ronald Reagan) also had copies on them of Catcher in the Rye.

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    I know what you mean. I was around the same age at the time, and I couldn't understand why anyone would want to hurt her. Another lovely life cut short for no good reason.
    Not to mention, this was back when people still answered their doors! I think he rang/knocked on her door twice. She answered both times, telling him she was busy or something like that. Can you imagine?

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Not to mention, this was back when people still answered their doors! I think he rang/knocked on her door twice. She answered both times, telling him she was busy or something like that. Can you imagine?
    No, I can't. After the first time I would have been suspicious, but I guess Rebecca never thought in a million years someone would come for her to kill her. So sad and random.

    A couple of pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    She was a lovely young lady. Hard to believe its been 22 years.

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5

    Blood

    The window of the door is nearly covered in blood. That is what they are referring to in the picture.

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldshelton View Post
    On the home page of the site, it says there are graphic new photos. I guess I am missing something--these pics aren't graphic. There are no bodies, no blood, etc. Oh well!
    I wouldnt consider it gorey but I do see blood running down the glass on the front door .. some may find that icky. I guess we are all just desensitized hags

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Here is another fine Rebecca pic. I hadn't seen this one before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    690
    What gets me is why did the asshole kill her ? Why ? I can't believe the reasoning of these scumbags. He felt she was rude to him ? So she deserved to die ? If he can't have her. No one can ? What is the reasoning of these scumbags ?
    Life Is A Horror Movie And At The End We Say "What The Hell Was That All About " ?

  40. #90
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26
    Such a sad story to hear about. She is truly missed. That bardo guy seriously gives me the heebie jeebies.

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I read this at that link:


    The following was culled from the Death of Anissa Jones Discussion Forum attached to this site. It is a personal account posted by a visitor so take that into account, but there's little reason to not believe in its validity:

    "When Robert John Bardo tried to purchase a Ruger GP100 .357 magnum at Jensen's Firearms in Tucson Az. in the summer of 1989, he filled out the paperwork answering yes to having been committed to a mental facility, a disqualification. (He was also underage but he had a fake Driver's License that would have worked.)

    The salesman, a member of the Air Force named Bob, told him he could not purchase the revolver. Bardo got irate and said he wanted to fill out another copy, the salesman sought out help and Jerome Larochelle who also worked at Jensen's, told the guy absolutely no way and he told Bardo he could not own a firearm and to "Get the fuck out!" (Because he did not like the vibes he got from him!) The two then escorted Bardo from the store.


    Larochelle, his friend Bob and the Manager on duty at Jensen's hung Bardo's disqualified form on the bulletin board and wrote "DO NOT SELL TO THIS INDIVIDUAL!"

    The next morning Bardo came in with his brother who purchased the same Ruger GP100 revolver and gave it to his brother when they were out side of the shop, (a violation of federal law. His brother would have known that because it asks you that question on the form and warns that such 'straw man' purchases are a violation of Federal Law!)

    Bardo then used the revolver to fatally shoot Rebecca Schaeffer on July 18th.

    When Marsha Clark was prosecuting Bardo, the Jensen's people contacted her office and vehemently argued the point that these two went out of their way to break the law and scam a firearm for Bardo, and his demeanor, pointing to First Degree Premeditated Murder and accessory to First Degree Murder! Their voices fell on deaf ears and John Bardo got life, his brother was not charged."
    Good information! And that is exactly why I come here, for the details!

    After reading that, I'm wondering if his brother might be a dim bulb in the batch, as well. Who in hell would buy this guy a gun? Especially someone who kinda had to know he was unstable (at the very least). His family wasn't surprised at the news, it's like they knew he was going to lose it, they just didn't know when or with whom. Seems it would be a no-brainer to ensure this guy isn't carrying a gun around!

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,893
    Sad She died way to young. Now I will have to You Tube an episode of My Sister Sam.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    269
    It's just sad to think of how young women like Rebecca, Karyn, and Dominique Dunn were when they died....also very weird for me since I'm around the same age (maybe a little older).

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by theladyinquestion View Post
    It's just sad to think of how young women like Rebecca, Karyn, and Dominique Dunn were when they died....also very weird for me since I'm around the same age (maybe a little older).
    Makes one appreciative, too. I feel blessed, even at 32, to have lived as long as I have and hope to live much longer. I think about kids I knew in high school who are dead already and it just blows my mind.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    Makes one appreciative, too. I feel blessed, even at 32, to have lived as long as I have and hope to live much longer. I think about kids I knew in high school who are dead already and it just blows my mind.
    Oh yeah, definitely.

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    441
    Died much too young. It makes you wonder how her life and career would have turned out and what she would be doing now and especially how she would look now.

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy's Girl View Post
    Interesting. I recently got a letter from an old boyfriend who said he found me though DMV. So you cannot really do that anymore? Was he pulling my leg? I never bothered to reply to him for various reasons.
    It's more scary to that people can find your address/phone number etc via the internet.
    "Push the sadness from your heart. There's no living in the dark. Why the things we do." -- Jimmy Buffett

    My Hair Dying Blog

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    On another note, I've decided to add a couple of Rebecca pics to counter the numerous pics of that rat-looking goon Bardo.
    Oh, she was very beautiful. The first pic is awesome.
    I think that Rebecca was very talented. What have could be happened if Rebbeca were alive?
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouattara View Post
    Oh, she was very beautiful. The first pic is awesome.
    I think that Rebecca was very talented. What have could be happened if Rebbeca were alive?
    I think as far as her career was concerned, the sky was the limit.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In Yo Bed! Where Else?
    Posts
    1,605
    I just had to stop by and bump this thread because she was on my mind! RIP beautiful girl!
    I knew that I did not want to be a statistic, that I wanted happiness within, and I wanted to be present because I knew what a great mover I was. I could move things and make things happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •