Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever feel bad for a murderer?

Mammy Guest
    I never understood why David's parents stood behind Clara after she had smeared their son all over a hotel parking lot with their granddaughter in the car. No matter what a jerkoff or sorry excuse for a husband he was, most parents would think he received a really harsh punishment in relation to his behavior. I wonder who is raising David and Clara's twins?

I have a former classmate who is in prison for murder. We didn't hang out together and weren't close friends, but we spoke to each other and we rode the same bus in elementary school. I've struggled with what he did and it bothers me a lot, but I'm not sure why.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I've struggled with what he did and it bothers me a lot, but I'm not sure why.
    Dealing with the same thing myself over the McManus family murder.... only thing I can figure is we knew another side to the person that seemed normal, and capable of love and compassion.

Mammy Guest
    Yes, you're exactly right. I went to school with him for twelve years. We rode the same bus for four years until we moved into town. He was kinda quiet, but he was friendly and polite to me. He was talked into killing a man by the man's wife for an insurance pay out. My classmate had been having an affair with her and she's a grade A, 100% skanky old road whore who has screwed everything willing. I went to school with her kids and she basically abandoned them and had very little to do with them at all. Timmy was married to his high school sweetheart and met this woman right after finding out that his wife had been screwing a coworker. The woman lived in South Carolina with her husband, but all of her extended family still lived around here. Long story short, Timmy strangled this man to death with a shoestring after the man's wife asked him to check the mail. What Timmy did was horrible, premeditated, and totally senseless. He is 100% guilty and 100% lucky that he isn't on death row for it. He got 35 years for it. What eats me up is knowing that if he hadn't been manipulated by this whore and devastated and vulnerable because of his wife screwing around, he wouldn't have been in this situation. All of his family is in Kentucky and he is sitting in a South Carolina prison for basically what will likely be the rest of his life. I doubt if he ever has visitors, gets much mail, or has any money in his prison account and that bothers me. He is guilty and made his own choice to kill an innocent stranger that he had never even met, but that isn't the Timmy that I think about. I think about the Timmy I knew who was quiet and polite, who loved his son, who is now lonely and wasting away in a prison cell in a far away state. It eats me up.
    Last edited by Mammy; 04-06-2013 at 10:54 AM.

I didn't find a thread for Clara Harris so I'mma put this here.

She is out today after 15 yrs

http://abc13.com/clara-harris-releas...sband/3458966/

Bernie Tiede. I felt he should have been released after doing those 16 years when he was let out on appeal for a new trial - altho that was only 2 years of freedom and he ended up getting another 99 years. I just feel that he "snapped" after years of being berated by that woman he was "friends" with/working for. He should have gotten voluntary manslaughter for it. I just started writing to him in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Bernie Tiede. I felt he should have been released after doing those 16 years when he was let out on appeal for a new trial - altho that was only 2 years of freedom and he ended up getting another 99 years. I just feel that he "snapped" after years of being berated by that woman he was "friends" with/working for. He should have gotten voluntary manslaughter for it. I just started writing to him in prison.
    I thought that too, I feel really bad for him ~99 Year’s is crazy.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 05-12-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Interesting question. I always felt bad for Eileen Wournos because of her shitty upbringing. It doesn't excuse what she did but I can see was a product of her childhood. There are those I've felt bad for because they were bullied and belittled until they snapped. Not to justify what they did but I can see how it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it would depend on the circumstances, some I can understand and some I can't.

Carol Carr & Eileen Wuronos' case was heartbreaking. Eileen should have just received lifetime therapy and probation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, Leslie Van Houten.
    (she has been in prison too long)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Mary Bell the 11 year old serial killer.

Raised by a prostitute, made to entertain her mother's clients from the age of 4 on.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

No

Excellent question! I think you can have empathy for what a person has been through on the road to becoming a murderer. Lots of these people had deeply traumatic, abusive, horrible lives before they killed someone. I think it's possible to empathize with that without excusing the act of killing someone.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin