Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: John Denver

Today he would have been 67 yrs. old. RIP. I miss him terribly......

Happy Birthday, John.
    You are missed. RIP.

Is there anywhere on the internet I can read the autopsy?

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady1962 View Post
    I don't know if the autopsy is available, but I have heard several times that he was, uh, quite a mess...

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    I don't know if the autopsy is available, but I have heard several times that he was, uh, quite a mess...
    According to the entry on Scott's page, they scooped up what they could find in multiple garbage bags, but what was left weighed only 128 pounds.

Last night I ordered the 20 page report from Celebrity Collectable. It should be an interesting read!

I read somewhere....maybe FAD....that he had a home in the Monterey area.
    Anyone know an address?

I live about an hour and a half away and would like to visit the crash site
    and possibly his home sometime soon.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Last night I ordered the 20 page report from Celebrity Collectable. It should be an interesting read!

I read somewhere....maybe FAD....that he had a home in the Monterey area.
    Anyone know an address?

I live about an hour and a half away and would like to visit the crash site
    and possibly his home sometime soon.
    He actually crashed into the water. A coworker who is a pilot said that the plane he was flying is a kit plane which is OK except that the guy who built this one made some modifications from the original spec. The valve to switch tanks was not located where it is normally located, between the pilot's legs below the seat and the plane was a new one for John and it is believed he struggled to find the valve and had a heavy foot on the controls and as he was reaching totally around behind his position looking for it. This caused him to go into a spiraling dive. His pilot's license had been suspended or possibly revoked because of a DUI he had received in his car. So he should not have been flying that plane. How sad and what a waste.
    Here is the a synopsis of the NTSB report.
    http://www.mail-archive.com/coupers@.../msg16465.html
    Regards,
    Mary

Thanks for the link Mary.

I actually meant that I would like to visit the beach near the crash site.
    I read there is a rock with a memorial plaque.

You're right...such a waste.

graciehillfarm Guest
    A terrible waste. He was a great musician and a great humanitarian. His concerns for the earth went hand in hand with his concerns for mankind. The autopsy revealed no drugs nor alcohol in his system. It was a stupid error thanks to a kit plane with a customized schematic with which John Denver was not familiar. He should never have been in the air with that thing, but he was, and it cost him his life.

What made me most sad was that a few months later he won a Grammy for his CD of train songs. It's great. This was after he was feeling washed up and unappreciated.

I'm not a rabid JD fan; I just recognize and appreciate quality when I hear it, and he definitely had that.

Missing you, John!

Nelliebean Guest
    He had a beautiful voice.

On the day he died, my son, who was a senior in high school at the time, in tribute played "Annie's Song" on his flute. I will never forget it.

PS...my son's daughter's name is Annabeth, aka Annie.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Piece of John Denver's Death Plane

Here is a piece of John Denver's Death Plane that I bought from... Scott Michaels!

Here is what the paper says:

This is an actual piece of the Long-EZ self-assembled airplane, in which John Denver perished on October 12, 1997 off the coast of Monterey, CA. It doesn't get any more real than this. His last words were, "Do you have it now?" Now you do. Cherish it."

lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnDenverDeathPlane.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	29675  

death hag dee Guest
    I dont know if Ive shared this story before I looked...but ya know....

The greatest impact that John Denver ever made was when I was in 8th grade a friend of mine was dying of lukemia and through the make a wish foundation she was not only able to meet him, fly with him, and spend the day with him but made the last months of her life he made her so happy with just his simple autograph and memories of him..... I gained a lot of respect for him that day. The man treated everyone as an equal

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by death hag dee View Post
    I dont know if Ive shared this story before I looked...but ya know....

The greatest impact that John Denver ever made was when I was in 8th grade a friend of mine was dying of lukemia and through the make a wish foundation she was not only able to meet him, fly with him, and spend the day with him but made the last months of her life he made her so happy with just his simple autograph and memories of him..... I gained a lot of respect for him that day. The man treated everyone as an equal
    That's a good story! Cynical me thought you were going for a joke and you told a heart-warming story.

What I thought you were going to say was "The greatest impact John Denver ever made was when he hit the water." Ba-DUM.

Shows you how my mind works...
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 01-18-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Great story

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    Today he would have been 67 yrs. old. RIP. I miss him terribly......

I know just what you mean. I feel that way about Harry Chapin and wonder what he'd be like today had he lived.....

Did anyone know that JD was missing his right big toe and part of the toe next to it as a result of a childhood accident with a lawn-mower?

His family advised the medical examiner of this and it was used- in addition to his finger prints- to indentify him.

Also...found in his Porsche, parked behind a hanger, was a silver American Bull Dog revolver with four .32 caliber bullets and his wallet.

A gun for....protection? I wonder how much cash...lol. I would love to see the CHP 180 form mentioned in the investigation.

Still can't find an address for his home in Carmel Highlands!

xbluerosex Guest
    ...want to hear something weird?

If I'm about to have a anxiety attack, thinking of a John Denver song OR hearing one played keeps it at bay.

Went to the JD memorial in Pacific Grove yesterday. Such an awesome place and so full of life. Saw two starfish in the tide pools. Brought home
    a rock. Far out!

Starstruck Guest
    My mum who has no interest in stars or death haggery sigh* has always been adamant that he intentional booked a one way ticket. I don't know why she thinks that but you can't convince her otherwise?!?!?!

death hag dee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    That's a good story! Cynical me thought youn were going for a joke and you told a heart-warming story.

What I thought you were going to say was "The greatest impact John Denver ever made was when he hit the water." Ba-DUM.

Shows you how my mind works...

Wouldve thought the same thing!!! Totak death hag thought!

jimmy's One Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    It'd be nice if they had another clear shot of the woman who's in the first pic so we'd be able to compare her features to the spirit pic too. Sometimes these things are just coincidences, I think.
    Interesting site,I don't dismiss any of these theories, who knows what channels the spirit world use to communicate

GnomicMaster Guest
    The "facts" about John Denver's death as reported at almost every link/site are wrong because I was one of the NTSB investigators. John's craft hit a flock of California Brown Pelicans. We found pelican body parts wrapped inside the engine. Then we found all the missing parts of John's head wrapped in the engine.

Too many unfounded rumors, but I have the facts because I was there.

Nelliebean Guest
    Any pictures?

25. 11-25-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by GnomicMaster View Post
    The "facts" about John Denver's death as reported at almost every link/site are wrong because I was one of the NTSB investigators. John's craft hit a flock of California Brown Pelicans. We found pelican body parts wrapped inside the engine. Then we found all the missing parts of John's head wrapped in the engine.

Interesting that NONE of these "facts" are mentioned in the OFFICIAL NTSB report.

Close-Up: The John Denver Crash...

Here is the NTSB summary and official accident report:

http://www.avweb.com/other/ntsb9905.html

Last edited by Cynful; 11-25-2011 at 09:36 PM.

John's craft hit a flock of California Brown Pelicans. We found pelican body parts wrapped inside the engine. Then we found all the missing parts of John's head wrapped in the engine.

Here is a photo of the EZ Long type plane John was flying...notice the REAR propellor engine. No birds could be "sucked" into it unless the plane was flying backwards. Same goes for John's head....hmmmmm, he would have to have been OUTSIDE the aircraft while it was flying backwards. That's some autopilotin'.

Last edited by Cynful; 11-25-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Interesting that NONE of these "facts" are mentioned in the OFFICIAL NTSB report.
    Close-Up: The John Denver Crash...

Here is the NTSB summary and official accident report:

http://www.avweb.com/other/ntsb9905.html

From the report:

"Bird feathers were found commingled in the recovered wreckage. The curator of the local Museum of Natural History was asked to view the feathers during the wreckage examination. A seat cushion determined to be from the accident airplane was found torn open. According to the cushion material tag, it was filled with goose feathers; however, the curator also found duck feathers in the cushion. The cushion feathers matched the ones found commingled with the wreckage."
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Mammy Guest
    Seems our "expert" is MIA. Get sucked into an engine? At least the brown pelicans won't get lonely! I never knew a pelican could fly so high before now!

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    From the report:

"Bird feathers were found commingled in the recovered wreckage. The curator of the local Museum of Natural History was asked to view the feathers during the wreckage examination. A seat cushion determined to be from the accident airplane was found torn open. According to the cushion material tag, it was filled with goose feathers; however, the curator also found duck feathers in the cushion. The cushion feathers matched the ones found commingled with the wreckage."
    Thanks Neil...I read this a long time ago and reread, but obviously not thoroughly enough, it again when I posted this. I had completely forgotten about the seat cushion...there was also a pillow placed behind John so that he could more easily reach the rudder pedals. I wonder what the pillow was made from?

Mammy Guest
    Brown pelican feathers?

Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-25-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Thanks Neil...I read this a long time ago and reread, but obviously not thoroughly enough, it again when I posted this. I had completely forgotten about the seat cushion...there was also a pillow placed behind John so that he could more easily reach the rudder pedals. I wonder what the pillow was made from?
    The cushion is what he put on the seat to reach the pedals according to the report, so the cushion and pillow are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Brown pelican feathers?
    Mammy, Mammy, Mammy,........................
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-25-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Brown pelican feathers?
    Mammy~ Pacific Grove is about twenty minutes from me and we do have brown pelicans

Too bad our "junior investigator" has such an imagination. Should we hold our breath waiting for his pix?

Last edited by Nelliebean; 11-26-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Oh, I'm not disputing that there are brown pelicans. I am disputing that any pelican can fly high enough to be sucked into the engine of a plane, especially when the engine is in the back of the plane. I am waiting with intense excitement for the pictures from our very own personal investigator, cause I know nobody ever lies on the internet!

37. 11-26-2011, 01:14 PM

Mammy Guest
    LMAO! Now I understand completely!

Elizabeth Guest
    Missing John Denver at Christmas time......think I will put on his Christmas CD's......

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    dang it, i should know better than to open up this forum while im trying to cook dinner..........................Hi, my name is Kiwi and im a FAD addict.............more sites to feed my addiction keep popping up here

and im now engrossed in john denver lol
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I'm watching, "Oh, God!" right now. He's not bad in it, but I prefer the second one with the little girl. As for John Denver, they say he was a nice guy. A very plane down-to-earth guy. (budumpup!)

lambypie25 Guest
    Yes Indeed....they reminded me so much of each other, and both had such untimely deaths!

Pumpkin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Does anyone know where his children are, or what they are doing now ??
    John Denver's adopted children with Annie Martell: Son Zak and wife Jenny are parents of a little girl, Reese, and live in Basalt, CO.He is athletic coach and teacher. JD's eldest daughter AnnaKate was also into sports,mainly rowing when she was attending Dartmouth. She has been married to Jamie Hutter since 1996, and lives in New Zealand,where they run a beautiful B&B called the Wanaka Stone House. They have a daughter,Daisy Eloise.

His daughter with Cassandra Delaney: JesseBelle is in her early 20's and is art school graduate who strongly resembles her mother. They seem to spend the majority of their time as socialites jetting between Malibu,Sedona and Cassie's native Australia. JesseBell has taken the religious name of Janprakash Kaur.

Ann Denver is a psychotherapist and philanthropist. Cassandra is a "B" movie actress and is still attempting to be a singer after all these years.

graciehillfarm Guest

John Denver's children

I think Cassandra just needs to give it up and find a real job. She had and has no talent other than convincing older men to marry her. John D must have been very lonely to have fallen for her.

There was an interesting conversation on www. imdb.com about Cassandra. One of John's relatives is one of the commentors. She tries to stay in touch with them and invites them to her shows when she is singing. It seems that even though they had a messy divorce that she acts like John's widow. I think most people are aware that Cassandra is off the wall.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I always thought Denver ripped off a North Carolina singer named Oliver. Take a listen to "Good Morning Starshine" released years before Denver became famous.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Jerry Weintraub discovered John Denver. He was the one who released previous recordings called John Denver's Greatest Hits even though the guy never had a hit before that. Jerry was right that things seem to fall apart for John after John fired Jerry. John seemed like quite a complex figure behind the scene. I guess like most artists. Jerry said he knew him but yet he didn't know him. My guess is that other people market you according to what they think a certain audience wants.
    Last edited by coconn04; 06-19-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

graciehillfarm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I always thought Denver ripped off a North Carolina singer named Oliver. Take a listen to "Good Morning Starshine" released years before Denver became famous.
    That was one of my favorite songs when I was a teenager! Even today, when I hear it, I have to smile and think of summer evenings, cruising town with the radio up full blast, singing along with Oliver. John D was already singing professionally at that time, with the Chad Mitchell Trio, then he went solo. I believe "Good Morning, Starshine" was from the musical play Hair, wasn't it? If I recall correctly, Oliver is dead, too. He also recorded "Jean", which was another good song (and from a good movie) . I have a friend who was in the music industry at that time, and his band was playing a popular club here in KC one time when the Chad Mitchell Trio was appearing at another venue in town. After the CMT finished for the night, they stopped in at the club where my friend's group was performing. After the show, my friend's group invited the CMT to join them at the house where my friend was living, for drinks and a jam session. My friend, who no longer drinks, said he had so much to drink that night, and was so intimidated by meeting the CMT, that he spent several hours talking to John Denver and calling him "Bob". He said years later, he was watching a show on tv and JD was on the show, and told the story about how some people confused him with Bob Denver of Gilligan's Island. He told about the night in KC where this one drunk guy called him Bob all night long. My friend said he wanted to find a deep hole and pull the dirt in over him, he was so embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Jerry Weintraub discovered John Denver. He was the one who released previous recordings called John Denver's Greatest Hits even though the guy never had a hit before that. Jerry was right that things seem to fall apart for John after John fired Jerry. John seemed like quite a complex figure behind the scene. I guess like most artists. Jerry said he knew him but yet he didn't know him. My guess is that other people market you according to what they think a certain audience wants.
    Saw a TV show about Jerry Weintraub recently. He told the story of his relationship with John. It culminated in John firing Jerry. Asked if he had any regrets about being dropped. Jerry said no. The inference was that John was just too high maintenance and an all round pain in the ass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pattykad Guest
    I understand that a band member tells a different story as to who the real father of Jesse is. The rumors have been there forever but I don't think it's a big secret anymore.
    Last edited by pattykad; 11-17-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Phillip Guest
    Don't know about the autopsy report but here's the Death Certificate:

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/...%20john_dc.pdf

Also here is the NTSB report:

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/br...20001208X09045

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    I understand that a band member tells a different story as to who the real father of Jesse is. The rumors have been there forever but when I don't think it's a big secret anymore.
    Do tell!!!

53. 07-16-2013, 06:57 AM
    Reason
    Spam