Thread: Post Cards

Post Cards

I know we're all in that "getting to know you phase" of our relationship, but do you think some day we'd be able to maybe send off postcards to each other. Not now..whenever we all feel comfortable. Like, I can email you my address so it's not public knowledge and we can start that way? I just think it would be nice not just for our friends on the other side of the world but for those of us who don't have the ability to travel within the states. I live right outside of NYC and I know there are a lot of us out there who have never been here...I'd be more than happy to share a lil bit (that was Deniro in Good fellas) of NY with someone in say, Podunk, anywhere!
    Just a suggestion...let it marinate and let us know. I think it would be a blast!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Ree Guest
    Hey, I think that could be a fun idea. I will watch the thread for further updates.

I'm all for it now...I'm just waiting to see what everyone else thinks! If no one else is game, at least we have each other!

Ree Guest
    You got it! Works for me! WHO NEEDS THEM!! j/k lol

That's what I say!! Just kidding, gang...you know I love each and every one of you as if you were my own, right!?

RubySlippers Guest
    YES!
    Count me in.
    I am so a social butterfly.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    works for me!

Armcast Guest
    Great idea! Count me in!

Kathyf Guest
    I love the adea. Just let me know.

MbalmR Guest
    I'd love to do that! Of course, everyone to whom I'd send a post card would end up with a picture of a cow because I think that's all they sell at convenience stores and souvenir shops in Wisconsin, but what the hell. What a delightful idea!

I"m game! I've always wanted a postcard from Wisconsin! (Ha... see my location...)
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I know we're all in that "getting to know you phase" of our relationship, but do you think some day we'd be able to maybe send off postcards to each other. Not now..whenever we all feel comfortable. Like, I can email you my address so it's not public knowledge and we can start that way? I just think it would be nice not just for our friends on the other side of the world but for those of us who don't have the ability to travel within the states. I live right outside of NYC and I know there are a lot of us out there who have never been here...I'd be more than happy to share a lil bit (that was Deniro in Good fellas) of NY with someone in say, Podunk, anywhere!
    Just a suggestion...let it marinate and let us know. I think it would be a blast!!
    Count me in, too. This is the kind of idea that makes this board a cut above others I have been to. Good going, Joplinfrk

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I"m game! I've always wanted a postcard from Wisconsin! (Ha... see my location...)
    FONDLE SAC!!!! I love Salty's! (Or is it the Salty Dog? Bearded Clam? I can't ever keep names straight.) Over there by Uecker-Witt FH.

Great! How do we start!? Ideas?

Nik Guest
    I'm all for postcards as well. School's lonely with no mail!

Littleroben Guest
    We could do with cards going to one place and then getting posted online? So we can all share the love lol

That's an idea, but I'm old fashioned and prefer the antiquated art of letter writing by hand. If anyone emails me their address...I'd be MORE than happy to start sending out postcards from NY!

xenaswolf Guest
    We did something similar on a rock tumbling board I'm on. We started with a box of rocks and people who wanted to participate put in rocks and took out rocks they wanted. It went all over the US and into Canada and the UK. It might be cool to do a postcard version of this somehow....

RoRo Guest
    Sounds great to me too ! I just posted my address on the myspace bulletin board and those that aren't on my friend list can email me and I will give it...
    Last edited by RoRo; 10-20-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: spelling

beautygirlsmom Guest
    Count me in :-) Is there someone that wants to keep a list of addresses, and then email one big list of everyone who wants to participate?

Nik Guest
    Yeah, just let me know!

cindysgold Guest
    This sounds like fun..I don't travel so it would be fun getting different ones from all over..
    I'm on myspace..I'll check there for addy's

Danse Macabre Guest
    Good idea.
    Anyone who wants my mailing address let me know. I live in the beautiful pacific northwest.

In the interest of an address list falling into "the wrong hands" maybe we should just do individual exchanges...? I've already received two emails from Cindygold and Mbalmr..I've sent you two my address in return. I'll have the PC out in the next day or so! This is fun!!

deathybrad Guest
    Maybe I'm letting this relationship get out of hand but I thought we were more in the honeymoon stage. I always find a way to disappoint myself...

RoRo Guest
    I posted mine on the myspace bulletin board cuz all the friends I have on there are death hags.... www.myspace.com/rhoro or rhon33@yahoo.com email me and I'll email ya back

sweetpea77 Guest
    I would do this!

kelbons Guest

Hmmm....okay...This may take some organization, but ANYONE who writes to me will get a post card back. Maybe we can start a thread or something with our addresses on it so it's not public knowledge? So far I have two private messages with addresses....want to just do it that way? Keep PMing each other? This is supposed to be fun and I'm sure there's an easy way....We'll get it moving guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    FONDLE SAC!!!! I love Salty's! (Or is it the Salty Dog? Bearded Clam? I can't ever keep names straight.) Over there by Uecker-Witt FH.

Yup its Salty's.. And its Fondle my Crack to you bucko...
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

cindysgold Guest
    i've been sending messages to your email with my snail addy.

and adding you to my myspace !

Gotta go find postcards tomarrow....

Shes Not There Guest

Thumbs up my favorite Wisco bar:

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Yup its Salty's.. And its Fondle my Crack to you bucko...
    and Mbalmer

In Slab City, north of you guys. I'm down with the postcard idea, I think it's a great idea.

I really miss Cranky Pat's pizza
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010179.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010182.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	353.1 KB 
ID:	165  

PvN73 Guest

Red face

Count me in too! If anyone wants a postcard from Oztraya (that is how we pronounce Australia here) I can send some really crappy ones of Melbourne trams, kangaroos, etc, just send me a message with your address.

Perhaps joplinfrk could keep the list of addresses and send it across to people who ask?

anyway send me a message if you want a postcard from Australia

cindysgold Guest
    Hey.......what happened to postcards???