Thread: Interrupting tv programs when a celebrity dies

Jazbabee Guest

Smile Interrupting tv programs when a celebrity dies

Here's something a bit mindless a different. In the unfortunate event of their deaths, for which current celebrities do you believe programming would be interrupted for an announcement ??

as much as I may dislike hearing about them I think programming would be interrupted for;

Britney
    Pari
    Lindsey
    OJ
    Michael Jackson

what say you ?????

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    All of the above. It will be non stop wall to wall re hash and go on and on, like when Anna Nicole died. All the cable news channels will have nothing but. Even if a crappy moldy celeb dies, Rich Little, for instance or maybe David Cassidy....it just goes on and on if there's nothing else in the news to report.

Danny62 Guest
    Probably for all the worhless pieces of shit you listed!

I don't really give a shit to see the goddamn main story is Britney drove over someones foot....really WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT THAT SKANK DOES?????

Certainly not me!!!!!!!!!!!!

xenaswolf Guest
    They need to take that girl's car away from her!

before cable,they probably would. i remember when elvis died,the ussr reported it in less than 8 hours,and red china did likewise,though it was a longer time frame,but a precedent in that country.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 10-19-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    To break into programing, the person should have to be at least 50 years old, have done something most normal people would call an accomplishment, and not been heard to utter "Your Honor" in the past 20 years.

But I'd settle for anyone who was ever taped reading English at an 12th grade level. [or their native language]

Jazbabee Guest
    Amen Danny !!!!! Every time I see that trashy Britney it makes me wanna physically attck the tv !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ComputerGuy Guest
    It is a sad stae when the tabloids, and Trash TV take precedence over serious journalism.

I would love it if there was a 1 month moratorium on any news, reports, etc on Paris, Nicky, Bitchy, Itchy and Scratchy.

jester joker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

I don't really give a shit to see the goddamn main story is Britney drove over someones foot....really WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT THAT SKANK DOES?????

I find it so funny that many of us feel this way, however; we do give a shit somehow because we wouldn't know these things otherwise and we certainly wouldn't be talking about it, right? My b/f shakes his head when he sees that I have E-TV on, reading a People or Rag mag (Enquirer and Star ONLY because the others lie!!!! Har har har har har!) and now seeing me on FAD forum. He REALLY doesn't give a shit about any of this and therefore, he wouldn't have a clue about Britney riding over a fotog's foot, BUT..................we do, don't we????? LOL!

djdeath-hag Guest
    It was really disturbing the way that the media swarmed over the demise of Anna Nicole Smith.....I see the same thing happening when any (hoping for ALL) of the above mentioned bites it. As much of a deathhag as I am, I don't think that I could bare to watch more than 60 seconds of the breaking news of the "tragic death of..." I sure as hell didn't pay any attention when ANS died....although it was nearly impossible to avoid in the media.

RoRo Guest
    I think on a slow news day they would break in for any semi-celeb death. Hopefully when Brit drops there will be a multi-government conference or something. I mean in Tenneessee we don't care about a high-speed chase in California but the cable news shows it allllll day

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jester joker View Post
    I find it so funny that many of us feel this way, however; we do give a shit somehow because we wouldn't know these things otherwise and we certainly wouldn't be talking about it, right? My b/f shakes his head when he sees that I have E-TV on, reading a People or Rag mag (Enquirer and Star ONLY because the others lie!!!! Har har har har har!) and now seeing me on FAD forum. He REALLY doesn't give a shit about any of this and therefore, he wouldn't have a clue about Britney riding over a fotog's foot, BUT..................we do, don't we????? LOL!
    The only reason I see it cause its headline on Damn MSN!

You can't help not miss it. Like with that Paris in jail thing...my god that was like front page news...WHY?????

MbalmR Guest
    Shoot, I get mad when they break in with local weather alerts during Judge Judy!!! So a "celebrity" died--can't it wait?? They're not going to get any deader, after all.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    Shoot, I get mad when they break in with local weather alerts during Judge Judy!!! So a "celebrity" died--can't it wait?? They're not going to get any deader, after all.

Soooo true!!!

Why does your dog look like its been run over in your pic?? I know it hasn't but from that angle! LOL

jester joker Guest

Talking

The only reason I see it cause its headline on Damn MSN!

You can't help not miss it. Like with that Paris in jail thing...my god that was like front page news...WHY?????

LOL! You have a point there, Danny. It used to be that you had to specifically watch gossip shows, E-TV, talk shows, etc...to get your fill of this crap. However; now this stuff is no longer maintained in 'ONLY' certain venues and it's plastered on CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, etc... I guess the only suggestion is to switch channels and quick! Har! Regarding Paris in jail.........hmphhhh.......that was so unmeriting of any press and yet, yep...there she is: in jail, outta jail, at home with monitor, back in jail...oh woe is me!

Bake Guest

My sentiments EXACTLY...poor papparazzo...but then again...they SHOULD know how she is...

Bake Guest
    TomKat..

MbalmR Guest
    Soooo true!!!

Why does your dog look like its been run over in your pic?? I know it hasn't but from that angle! LOL
    LOL!! My dog is completely shameless. I keep trying to sell that photo to "Play Pup" magazine, but they're already getting LOADS of photos of FEMALES who wax, and haven't time for a male who just lays there.

Analyst_Rob Guest

Doggie Style....

[SIZE=3]lol...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I remembered the scene in ‘The World According to Garp’.. as nurse Glenn Close strattled the comatose solider…. She got him to say “Garp” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I think your pooch is cute , MbalmR… but perhaps you need to hang-out with ‘livelier’ male company….. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Analyst_Rob; 10-22-2007 at 05:12 AM. Reason: trying to spell strattle'....

Guest Guest
    I am so sick of hearing about BS and her court dates, along with all the other damn celebrities. I believe all the celebrities are waiting in line with a number at the " I'm gonna fuck up next " convention. BS, Paris, Ummmm the freckled face girl, what's her name? Anyways, they stand in line more then once like some thrill seeking rollar coaster junkies. It's a competition for them. " I'm going to beat that bitch" resides in their last journal entries!