Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I was surprisingly underwhelmed by this film. Geoffrey Rush always seals the deal when I choose a film. He was superb though the material was weak. I guess you can expect this from a film financed by the government via lottery.
    I too was underwhelmed, and disappointed. One of those Weinstein films that was over promoted.

(Thanks for the link cdolen, I responded to it on the Fergie thread)

bela lugosi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Bela ... I have friends in the UK. I don't judge your wonderful people by the royals.

Wonderful souls there who love animals, tend their beautiful gardens and enjoy family and friends ...

(I live in California and am not related to Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan
    LOL...no probs i know many Americans and there miles apart from paris and co

[QUOTE=cdolen;1175469]
    This didn't seem to work to well for Andrew ... One of his good friends who loaned money to Sarah was Jeffrey Epstein, pedophile.

QUOTE]

Here is a fascinating article about Prince Andrew...he certainly is a mama's boy and has much questionable behavior and many shady contacts/friends of his own. The article is long, however it is one of the most interesting and in depth looks into the royal family that I have ever seen- lots and lots going on, both present and past, and there are multiple things mentioned in regards to the relationships between Prince Andrew, Fergie, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. It is an excellent read:

The Trouble with Andrew...

http://www.vanityfair.com/society/fe...-andrew-201108
    Bookmarked!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

darlingmissmarple Guest
    Prince Phillip is my least favorite of the Royal family. He comes across as arragant to the nth degree. William and Harry are my favorites.

Which ones do you like and dislike most?

Quote Originally Posted by darlingmissmarple View Post
    Prince Phillip is my least favorite of the Royal family. He comes across as arragant to the nth degree. William and Harry are my favorites.

Which ones do you like and dislike most?
    Same here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

FannyB1923 Guest
    I don't think I'd like Prince Edward in real life. To be sure, he's in a difficult position. He's not in the inner circle, but he has to make a living with his wife and family because he's not on the Civil List. I guess if the going gets tough, the Queen could hock a ring to support them.

Andrew too.

I suspect that both of them will act like "one of the boys" when it suits them, but I bet they go all stony if they aren't treated like a VIP.

I think Princess Ann is who she is. As someone said, "She doesn't suffer fools" She works as hard as the Queen ever did. And you can sure tell she's Queen Mary's G-Granddaughter- she's all iron and determination.
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 07-22-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Zara Phillips got married. I don't know if I like the dress.

Credit: Jeff J Mitchell
    Zara Phillips stunned in a gorgeous ivory gown, crown and veil Saturday. Her wedding dress, according to CNN, was designed by one of Queen Elizabeth's favorites, Stewart Parvin. Phillips, 30, is the Queen's eldest granddaughter; she's marrying rugby player Mike Tindall at Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Unlike her cousin Prince William's nuptials to Kate Middleton in April, Phillips' wedding to Tindall is a strictly private affair. But that didn't stop well-wishers from gathering and cheering outside the church for members of the royal family -- including Prince William, Duchess Kate, Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Phillips' mother Princess Anne, and the Queen, 85, herself.

The ceremony will be followed by a reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen's official Scottish home.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...-dress-2011307

Beatrice and Eugenie do not disappoint with their hats.

Credit: Chris Jackson PT/Getty Images
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I think I like the dress. The tiara is hideous. Eugene and Beatrice! UGH! WTF, why doesn't someone grab those 2 girls and tell them they look HORRIBLE?!?
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

DrDeath Guest
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ouse-fire.html

Beatrice is ok this time, Eugenie would be if it was a size bigger. Not flattering. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge looked tops as always. Zara looked lovely, BIT bemused at her mother wearing all these uber girly, flowery dresses all of a sudden. She's normally a very plain, formal, classic tailored kinda gal. The Queen looked as lovely and cuddly as ever God bless her.

Would it be name dropping to say I used to serve the groom beer a decade ago? Him and his brother who worked around the corner from the bar I worked in. Lovely lovely people.

Jonny Wilkinson in attendance I notice *lick*

Lots of nude shoes there. I get it for Kate and Eugenie's outfits, but Beatrice's and Anne's, not so much. Course, I don't get the hats either, so...

Giada Guest
    Beatrice and Eugenie always look as if they are Cinderella's stepsisters.

Neither know the simple etiquette of walking tall, appearing well groomed, or smiling appropriately.

Slovenly ... appropriate adjective for these two ...

Loved the dress, at first glance thought it was strapless, which would have been ideal.

No grandiose train, simple in design and execution. Almost as pretty as my sister's gown. Almost being the key word.

FannyB1923 Guest
    OMG- you have to see Camilla's hat- it looks like she put a goose nest on her head!!!! http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23308483/

Charles seems to be fading into the wallpaper.

The brides' gown is "nice"; traditional style for a summer wedding. She's a country girl, and doesn't seem the type to starve herself to fit into a couture gown. She caught a lot of flack for a photo of her hand showing the engagement ring because her fingernails were dirty! oops.
    The tiara she wore is called the "Meander" tiara. It belonged to Prince Philip's mother. The Queen has never worn it and gave it to Anne years ago> I wonder if this is the only time we'll see Zara, who isn't a princess, wear royal bling?
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 07-30-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Giada Guest
    Apparently I was not the only one to see the comparison between the Ugly sisters and the Ugly step-sisters ...

http://www.themortonreport.com/celeb...om-cinderella/

Note the similarity with Katie and Bald Willy and ...

Anne bears a marked similarity to the stepmother.

Zara will keep her maiden name and this is probably the first and last time we'll see her in a tiara.
    Camilla...WTF. I just don't get her hat/garden on her head. Charles looks just like his great-grandfather, George V, and old as hell.

I feel so bad for William, half bald at 30. Geeeeez.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I was looking at some of the group shots and good grief, I thought William was Edward!

Princess Anne gets the award for the "Royalest Royal" for wearing gloves in July! She's like 3 years older than me, but seems like she's living in 1892. I wonder if she ever lets her hair down and puts on a bikini?

Would you want to see Anne in a bikini???

Seriously, you're right. This woman hasn't changed her hair and makeup since birth. She looks like Prince Phillip in drag.

DrDeath Guest
    It's a bit unfortunate considering her mother and aunt were true beauties when they were younger (arguably the Queen still is, Margaret looking a bit musty now....)

The Windsor men do tend to go bald young. Charles and Edward being the notables. Harry's a Spencer through and through even to look at him. He's avoided it thus far!

I'd love to go on a night out with Harry, Zara and Mike. Be a right laugh!

There's talk that Beatrice may be getting a proposal soon, she's been with her bloke for years. I wonder what her wedding dress will be like?!!!!

Oh, God!!

DrDeath Guest
    Hahaha the Duchess is thinking what I'm thinking! Here's some baaaad Bea ideas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad dress.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	465.3 KB 
ID:	31307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad dress2.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	31308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad dress3.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	31309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad dress 4.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	31310  

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Hahaha the Duchess is thinking what I'm thinking! Here's some baaaad Bea ideas
    Wow...tough choice...all of these are hideous. Somehow, I see Bea in dress number two though, with all bridesmaids outfitted in some nice floral curtain material!

DrDeath Guest
    You know that's the one I thought as well! Maybe she'll cut up that hideous ensemble her sister wore to William and Catherine's wedding and use that for the bridesmaids. I can't believe Vivienne Westwood put her name to that monstrosity

You know that's the one I thought as well! Maybe she'll cut up that hideous ensemble her sister wore to William and Catherine's wedding and use that for the bridesmaids. I can't believe Vivienne Westwood put her name to that monstrosity

O.M.G.- frightful indeed!!! William and Cartherine should have denied her admittance...you know, her cracking all the camera lenses and such!

Last edited by Cynful; 07-31-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Us Magazine noticed a trend among the Royals. They are wearing the nude colored heels.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

FannyB1923 Guest
    I always thought the epitome of stylin' was to have shoes in every color to match the dresses.

Scholars always say they want to break into the Vatican Library and find all the secrets.....I want to find the clothing storehouse in Buckingham Palace and play in the clothes! Just imagine all the outfits the Queen has worn one time- never seen again. (FYI, I've been wondering if Anne has been wearing outfits that used to belong to Margaret http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/124500...31_marg300.jpg Anne's usual clothing seems from an earlier time)
    They probably have Queen Victoria's old tatty clothes in there too- all packed up and preserved.

They always christen the babies in a silk gown that's over 100 years old. It's starting to show it's age too. Someday one of the new moms is going to balk about dressing her baby in that old thing and head for Harrod's!
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 08-01-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    OMG- you have to see Camilla's hat- it looks like she put a goose nest on her head!!!! http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23308483/
    I love it! (((Cindy runs for cover)))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I love it! (((Cindy runs for cover)))

It looks like she got it with a coupon at Michael's (craft store)! But it isn't as bad as most. I understand their tradition of wearing elaborate hats and fascinators, but why are they so hideous? Do they not think they are as ridiculous as we do? I don't get it. But then again I'm from the South. Our idea of a hat is a baseball cap with a hunting logo!
    "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid"- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    It looks like she got it with a coupon at Michael's (craft store)! But it isn't as bad as most. I understand their tradition of wearing elaborate hats and fascinators, but why are they so hideous? Do they not think they are as ridiculous as we do? I don't get it. But then again I'm from the South. Our idea of a hat is a baseball cap with a hunting logo!
    Maybe hideous is the point?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

FannyB1923 Guest
    Somewhere there's an ambitious blogger going to start a "Hideous Royal Hats" blog. http://theblogwithtwolegs.co.uk/imag...n/PCNOAR01.jpg (this must have been when Charles was visiting a Pacific island- very Tiki!)

FannyB1923 Guest
    PIctures in the Daily Mail of the York ladies going to another wedding: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...roll-Rome.html

Fergie doesn't look happy. I like this one of her and Andrew. Very unique that they've remained such a team even after their divorce: http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/201...h-ferguson.jpg
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 08-27-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Giada Guest
    These three are the epitome of royal trash ...

(As if there is much of anything else)

They need lessons in style, grace, carriage ...

And then there is American Royalty, Mia Famiglia, Sofia Coppola

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-wedding.html

I'm not understanding why Fergie has let herself go to hell. It seems like she's defiant when she steps out without makeup, bulges everywhere and unflattering photos.

DrDeath Guest
    Princess Bea needed a bra but otherwise nice. Princess Eugenie looks lovely. Petra Ecclestone is about the level one would expect- tacky!

These three are the epitome of royal trash ...

(As if there is much of anything else)

They need lessons in style, grace, carriage ...

And then there is American Royalty, Mia Famiglia, Sofia Coppola

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-wedding.html
    Ah, so you are that "Giada"?

DrDeath Guest
    Could've been worse Giada

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-tie-knot.html

WARNING: fashion crime pics- dark glasses advised

radiojane Guest

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG you took the words right outta my mouth.....

At first, I found myself thinking that the bride would make a better groom and the groom would looked much better in the bridal gown. But by the time I scrolled down thru the pics I thought it was RuPaul's Drag U ---- The Euro Edition.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    O.M.G.- frightful indeed!!! William and Cartherine should have denied her admittance...you know, her cracking all the camera lenses and such!

Actually, I don't think the dress itself is bad. I'd like to see it on someone with less of a bosom and perhaps in a size bigger.

FannyB1923 Guest

Giving new meaning to the term "lesser nobility" I liked Joop's red suit though.

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Ah, so you are that "Giada"?
    ... Close enough my family's name is Mangiarcina

(Do love Sofia's simple, natural style)

Ouch ... my eyes hurt from the color in those wedding pics, and the bride's dress, lovely material poor design.
    Last edited by Giada; 08-30-2011 at 04:13 PM.

I can't get over that red suit whozit was wearing. Ew ew ewwwwwww.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

FannyB1923 Guest
    I never knew there was anyone named Joop. I thought it was just a funny name for a fragrance.
    The fellow likes color for sure: http://www.abendblatt.de/multimedia/...Be_106912b.jpg

Ever notice how many celebrated designers in real life are drab little people running around in black turtlenecks?

Giada Guest
    The royals are such commoner's ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Ferguson.html

All three look dreadful, and then there is the scandal with Andrew, Jeffrey Epstein, (registered sex-offender who provided Andrew with underaged girls), and Fergie's attempts to obtain money by selling her husbands endorsement.

The only good thing I've read is the British government cutting back on their funding.

DrDeath Guest
    Had to laugh at the comment saying they look like something from the Muppet Show

I like Prince Charles. There, I said it.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Last edited by cindyt; 11-17-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

slingshot Guest
    The royals are such commoner's ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Ferguson.html

All three look dreadful, and then there is the scandal with Andrew, Jeffrey Epstein, (registered sex-offender who provided Andrew with underaged girls), and Fergie's attempts to obtain money by selling her husbands endorsement.

The only good thing I've read is the British government cutting back on their funding.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEK - he looks tons better than they do. I hate to talk about the looks of someone's kid, but.........bloody hell..........EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I like Prince Charles. There, I said it.
    I figured I was the only one in the world who was happy when he hooked up with Camille. Finally, after all those years, he got to do what he wanted with who he (apparently) loves. I hated the whole "marry who we tell you" thing. And I love most all things British and of course the royalty end of it. I've had to listen to countless arguements about how he fucked over Diana, blah blah blah. Seriously, I hope he's happy now.

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Not sure if I'm posting in the right place- thought it would be fun to talk about all those rumors about the British royals.

Picking a place to start: King George V, Queen Elizabeth's grandfather, was euthanized. They gave him a lethal injection of morphine and cocaine (darn similar to what killed John Belushi) He was dying and the Royal handlers decided to "time" his death so it would be in the morning papers. Seems pretty cold to me.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...963002,00.html
    Well, that's what being Royal does for you! My favorite scandal regarding the current royal family (I'm a real fan of Henry VIII and his wives and kids, too) is the whole thing about Margaret and Group Captain Peter Townsend. I've read his book, "Time and Chance," and he comes across as being a very nice, rather shy and quiet, very loyal man. When he and Margaret finally realized they could never marry, he married a young girl a few years later who looked a whole lot like Margaret, and they were happily married until his death. I thought the whole thing was a bunch of nonsense, and they should have let her marry the man she loved. Maybe she wouldn't have gone on to become such a party gal!

Here's a photo of him - not a bad-looking man, actually! If you read his book, you can tell that he still cared deeply about her...

Name:  Townsend.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  1.7 KB

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    Anyone who bases their argument on Diana vs Camilla in the looks department;grow up. I am not a 'royalist' but I am glad that this shy, kind and noble person got to be with the love of his life after so many years. If we make mistakes, people let us get away with it but if the royals do, people make jujdgments on their personal character and it's not fair because they are not starting on a level playing field, as it were.
    Also the thing about Harry not being Charles son is a load of shit because Prince Harry was born well before Diana got involved with James Hewitt. Can't believe people are so uninformed, over ten years later.
    Harry looks a lot like Diana's side of the family, really - reminds me of his uncle whose name I can't remember!

I'm wondering how well Diana's looks would have held up... she was just my age (actually, a couple months younger) and we both got married for the first time in 1981, so I'm sort of comparing her to me, and when I look at photos of her as a young woman, I start to think, "Well, that nose probably would have started to get a big "beaky" by now, for sure..."

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Was Katherine of Aragon poisoned by Anne Boelyn?
    No, but that's the sort of thing everyone said. Anne had to realize that if Katherine died before Anne gave birth to a son, Anne herself would probably not last too long - and that's exactly what happened!