Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Savings Time Again!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest

Daylight Savings Time Again!

At 2 a.m. on March 9, 2008, Americans will turn their clocks forward one hour, marking the beginning of Daylight Saving Time.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    It seems like we just set them back not too long ago.

bluebear71 Guest
    I hate this one, we lose sleep. It sucks.

pvezz Guest
    We lose sleep, but thank GOD I won't be going to work AND coming home in the dark anymore!

marimbagirl Guest
    I hate this one because it happens on the one day a week that I have to be at work at 8am, which means I'll have to get up earlier then I normally do.

PvN73 Guest
    Gosh dang it, ours is up later in the month. I love DS, it is just great. But at least I get an extra hour to spend here!

Jack Raines Guest
    Didn't DST used to start in April?

I work nights, so I lose an hours work that I still get paid for. Whoo Hooo
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Didn't DST used to start in April?

Yep, but they decided to change it....

Damn, I'm gonna lose an hour of beauty sleep......
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

lisalouver Guest
    Everything is early this month DS, Easter.....always in a rush!

kelbons Guest
    I've already turned most of them in the house ahead. Except the one in my daughter's room. If I can get one more hour of sleep by tricking her, well... I'm not above it.

deathybrad Guest
    At least I only have to work 7 hours tonight.

Arizona (except some Indian Reservations), Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa have chosen not to observe Daylight Saving Time. This choice does make sense for the areas closer to the equator because the days are more consistent in length throughout the year.

The phrase "Spring forward, fall back" helps people remember how Daylight Saving Time affects their clocks. At 2 a.m. on the second Sunday in March, we set our clocks forward one hour ahead of standard time ("spring forward"). We "fall back" at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday in November by setting our clock back one hour and thus returning to standard time.
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 03-09-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Daylight Savings Time Begins March 9th
    Augh, this crap again! Have any of you ever heard Art Bell's old rants on DST? They're hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Everything is early this month DS, Easter.....always in a rush!
    I heard we're having Christmas and Thanksgiving in October this year.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At least I want be driving with the morning sun blinding me for a while.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851 View Post
    Aren't we already doing that?

smooches27 Guest
    I'm all messed up by the time change today!!!

The biggest pain in the ass about it is having to change the server and peripheral times for our home and office networks. Since DST has been started and ended at the same time every year for just about forever and this year it's been changed, our old auto-changes no longer work. I've also gotta change some website and forum clocks for folks because the updates weren't done previously.

Our own forum clock is off but I'll send Nick a note to see about changing it before advising everyone to change theirs. That way if he does change it, you all won't have to go back in and change yours back again. I'll let you guys know what he says when he gets back to me. Or someone could note here when they see the change. Either works.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 03-09-2008 at 04:54 PM.

hoxharding Guest
    This is just weird- I am usually in my jammies by nine. I refuse at the moment to believe it is anything but 8:30 p.m. right now. I will later-but I will not give in to peer pressure.*joke =)*

pvezz Guest
    My MIL used to work with this airheaded Valley Girl chick. Someone mentioned turning the clocks. She cocked her head indignantly, cracked her gum, and spat "I am SOOOOOOO not staying up until 2 in the morning to change my clock!! I am going to do it when I get up!" Moron!

kelbons Guest
    My lovely daughter had a tough time getting to sleep tonight. Obviously this only happens when we set the clocks ahead, and hopefully it'll only be for tonight.

kelbons Guest
    That'll explain why they'll start selling Christmas crap at the stores in July, then!

Nick's already got the clock adjusted for DST, so if anyone's still seeing the time as being off, go into your User CP and choose Edit Options. Then scroll down until you see the Time Zones heading. Choose the option DST corrections always on. Then hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page and you're done.

lisalouver Guest
    LOL john, I would not be surprised!!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Nick's already got the clock adjusted for DST, so if anyone's still seeing the time as being off, go into your User CP and choose Edit Options. Then scroll down until you see the Time Zones heading. Choose the option DST corrections always on. Then hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page and you're done.

Thanks for the heads up on the time reset.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're welcome John. I was getting all sorts of pm's about it so I figured I'd just pop it in here too.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    I've already turned most of them in the house ahead. Except the one in my daughter's room. If I can get one more hour of sleep by tricking her, well... I'm not above it.
    Shame on you Kelly! All my clocks are turned ahead. Now it's the just getting use to it factor.

The computer in our household did the adjusting overnight Sunday, so _something_ kicked in properly! I, however, need an extra cup of coffee today to cope. For some reason, I'm really still messed up and I had a crappy night's sleep.

DST (Daylight Savings Time): Don't Forget To Set Your Clock Back!

For those of you who observe DST (Daylight Savings Time), don't forget to set your clock back one hour when you go to bed tonight!

For the record, I hate DST cuz I lose an hour of my much needed beauty sleep!!
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

I wish somebody would explain the time change to my 5 impatient dogs and kid. They want to get up an hour earlier, eat earlier, treat time, the whole nine yards. By the time they are used to it, the time changes again. I wish it would just stay the same, one way or another.

No daylight saving here. Love it!
    Last edited by Ivy; 11-02-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Snudgie Guest
    Oh I didn't know you did it in the USA too!!

We did ours last weekend....didn't get the extra hour in bed though..as someone jumped on my head at 7am last Sunday wanting to play..(It was Scarlett...not hubby....heh!)

Jazbabee Guest
    Like an ass, I did this last weekend !! lol Took me an entire day to realize I was a whole week early !!

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Oh I didn't know you did it in the USA too!!

We did ours last weekend....didn't get the extra hour in bed though..as someone jumped on my head at 7am last Sunday wanting to play..(It was Scarlett...not hubby....heh!)

ROTFLMAO!!! You're hilarious, Snudgie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Like an ass, I did this last weekend !! lol Took me an entire day to realize I was a whole week early !!

ROFL!!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Indiana has FINALLY gotten on board with this, but I hate it!

Same with me, Lulu, dogs and kids are all out of wack. Big Pain In My Ass all around.

sunshine74137 Guest
    We getta keep the bar open an extra hour

GAdeathhag Guest
    as my husband says lets just change the time by a half an hour and stop all of this time changing crap

Flowergrrl Guest
    So what if we all protested and said "F@#k it!" and didn't change it. I mean, come on... We have to set it back right when it's starting to get dark earlier. I don't see the point of it anyway.

silverwaif77 Guest
    Arizona does not practice daylight savings time, they also elected NOT to observe Martin Luther King day.

deathybrad Guest
    Daylight Saving not Daylight Savings

Lord my mother starts changing clocks 3 days ahead - we have so many antique clocks around here - pain in the ass...I have to look at my computer or mobile to figure out the real time...lol!

This is probably my most favorite day of the year!~

Overtaxed Guest
    The Day after we change to Dayllight Savings Time is usually my favorite day of the year, as the day after we lose DST is my least favorite. It's usally then that you feel the effect of gaining/losing the hour's sleep.

mandee1005 Guest
    My ass will be stuck at work tonight.. great.. add another hour to my long ass day.. at least i'll be working with officers I like..

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    My ass will be stuck at work tonight.. great.. add another hour to my long ass day.. at least i'll be working with officers I like..
    I used to get stuck with that "privaledge" too...Sucks arse! I'll be thinkin about ya!

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I used to get stuck with that "privaledge" too...Sucks arse! I'll be thinkin about ya!

Thanks! It's great to know that when you are asleep and roll over to scratch your ass that your thinking of me! Oh I'm so loved!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    Thanks! It's great to know that when you are asleep and roll over to scratch your ass that your thinking of me! Oh I'm so loved!!
    I don't usually scratch my ass...Mostly the cooter...But yeah...I'll think of you in a totally non sexual way! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

It really does suck...I have MUCH mad respect for ya honey...

mandee1005 Guest
    I don't usually scratch my ass...Mostly the cooter...But yeah...I'll think of you in a totally non sexual way! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

where the hell would i be without cha howdid..

you said cooter.