Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Melinda Duckett

I usually do not watch Nancy Grace. I do feel she can be a bit rude sometimes..But reading the transcripts, and knowing this is a child abduction case, and the way Melinda was answering her questions, really trying to skirt around the whole issue, and lying, I kinda dont blame NG for being like that. NG knew it was a BS story, and all the psychologists, and other guests on her show were questioning everything also. All anyone wants is the child returned safely, But I think NG knew something wasnt right with the mom.

Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    A link to pics of Trenton's stuff that his murdering bitch mother threw away after she reported him missing. I want to ask how could she throw his stuff away but then I remember that she more than likely killed him so its really a moot question.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...6.photogallery
    Seeing those pictures of things she threw out broke my heart-- I have all the things my daughter gave me for various occasions and couldn't fathom getting rid of them. What she did reeks of guilt. She didn't need to verbally confess, because actions speak louder than words.
    This just in- Powersauce is Amazing!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michellezearing View Post
    On the last picture it looks like there is a pad lock on the toy cabinet.. That isn't normal to me.
    Nice catch! I went back & looked - that is weird!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.daylife.com/photo/01BI2PE9ckfdz

Strange that she threw away his food too?

RaRaRamona Guest

RaRaRamona Guest

Today/Tomorrow make it 4 years that Little Trenton has been gone. How sad for the family just not to know...
    My Posse's On Broadway

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Today/Tomorrow make it 4 years that Little Trenton has been gone. How sad for the family just not to know...
    wow time goes by~ i remember this like it was yesterday~

the fact that this poor little one never showed up, makes me feel in my heart mommy indeed had something to do w/ him being gone~

sad, sad, sad~

RaRaRamona Guest
    I watched a docu called Snuff & they talk about children being sold to snuff makers. I wish I had never seen that. I wish I didn't know that.

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I watched a docu called Snuff & they talk about children being sold to snuff makers. I wish I had never seen that. I wish I didn't know that.

God that is just really really incredibly sick. I have never heard of this until now.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    God that is just really really incredibly sick. I have never heard of this until now.
    There is an interview with a director who was supposedly approached about it once. It makes me wonder about the kids who are never found.

12. 08-28-2010, 05:42 PM

Nancy Grace and CNN reach out of court settlement with Duckett estate:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/lawsuit-against-nancy-grace-dropped_b38742

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    I had never heard about this woman and her poor child until I read this thread.

bluebird14 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post

My friends and I tried to watch this documentary and literly couldnt sit through the first ten minutes.

That Melinda bitch did something to that baby - killing herself was the easy way out. I WISH I thouht he was still alive, but I really feel his little soul is long gone.

God Bless this little boy and his loved ones that were left behind.
    My Posse's On Broadway

tiffany1976 Guest
    Did anyone notice on the CPS report that she filed a motion to consolidate injunction w/dissolution of marriage? Seems odd that she would be busy dealing w/the divorce the day after she reports her child missing.

GODDESS6 Guest
    it said on the news this morning that duckett's family has dismissed their suit against nancy grace~

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    it said on the news this morning that duckett's family has dismissed their suit against nancy grace~

As they should. Sorry that your daughter is dead, but frankly she was a monster who deserved MUCH worse then she got. And I hope she is rotting in hell.

Sad part is she probably killed him and was so high or messed up that she didn't even remember doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I used to love the NG show. If I was at work or had company when it came on, I'd TIVO it, never wanted to miss it.
    Now, not so much. It really gets under my skin when she asks an "expert" for an opinion, and as soon as they've gotten a dozen (or less) words out, she interrupts them, basically ripping apart the opinion they were trying to get across.
    Another thing that unnerves me to no end is that lady who rhymes her thoughts... I mean, really?
    Nancy IS capable of respecting others, I see that when she introduces Mark Klass or Dr. Joshua Perper. But the way she attacks defense attorneys or even family members, it's deplorable.
    And the worst of it is at the beginning of the shows of late, where certain words or phrases are repeated over and over for sensationalism. Like, "Zahra Baker" and "Alisa Baker" -- those names being played over and over and over, along with words like, "stepmommy" --- then the pictures of little Zahra flashed half a dozen times for good measure. This whole charade takes time away from what could be information we DON'T already know. It's turned a once-newsworthy show into a for-ratings-only display of asshat-ery. And it's disgusting.
    Honestly, I'd die happy if I never again heard the phrase, "Unleash the lawyers!"

Giada Guest
    The Duckett case was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

The problem with, "these types of programs," is they do not focus on the delivery of accurate information but rely on, "emotional appeal to the audience."

NG is one of several on air, "drama queens."

first time I have seen this death photo - you can see the blood spatter on the wall.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ndasinjury.jpg
    Last edited by cash; 07-13-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Whoa!
    I'd never seen that before either, cash!
    Thanks for posting it!

I wonder if by the Duckett "estate" saying they dropped the case... does that mean Grace did in fact settle out with them (hence them dropping it?) Or does it mean they dropped it outright, receiving nothing? Anybody know?

She had to have seen the show; she had to know this was going to come up! A missing child, and Nancy Grace? Oh, blame is going to be thrown, I wonder why she agreed to go on the show? (I wouldn't have, in her shoes.) Nancy had no reason to show her the mercy she hasn't shown to anyone else who didn't look HALF as guilty as Melinda.

Hate to see anyone take their own life. But the guilt would've eaten at her anyway (one would expect/hope.)
    Still, seeing that picture.... makes it all very real, not just a headline.
    Rest peaceful, Trenton; you deserved so much better than what you got.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

good find Cash. i had forgotten about this case.