Thread: Seventh Grader Shoots Self/Jackson Memorial Middle School

Seventh Grader Shoots Self/Jackson Memorial Middle School

http://www.wkyc.com/article/news/loc...l/95-520949889

MASSILLON -- A seventh grader has been hospitalized after suffering a self-inflicted gunshot wound at Jackson Memorial Middle School Tuesday morning.

He went into the bathroom at school and put the gun to his head and shot himself, all I can think of, was he bullied or are there issues at home, while other people are blaming it on video games and t.v., and some on mental illness and meds. Me I think he was bullied, no word on if he has passed away or what his condition is.

I hope he recovers and gets the proper help.
    What the heck are "distractionary devices"?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

non harmful items that can be used to distract, or take focus off of someone or something, smoke bombs, fire crackers, poppers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I hope he recovers and gets the proper help.
    What the heck are "distractionary devices"?
    Sadly, that won't be possible. The 13 year old has died.
    http://www.wkyc.com/article/news/loc...m/95-521614546

Sad to hear that, however they aren't ruling it a suicide, what else could it be?
    I doubt he went in and decided to take the gun out and play with it, or unless he was loading it to show his friends and it went off, I feel it was a suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sad to hear that, however they aren't ruling it a suicide, what else could it be?
    I doubt he went in and decided to take the gun out and play with it, or unless he was loading it to show his friends and it went off, I feel it was a suicide.
    The second scenario is a possibility if they're not ruling it as a suicide (which, like you, I think it should be). Unfortunately, we'll probably never know what exactly happened unless there was some kids in there with him when this tragic incident happened.

Damn!! What will it take for the idiots in Washington, DC to do something about these incidents??? In this case, my opinion is that unless this was his own gun and he stole it from his parents, then the parents are partly to blame. They should have tried to hide the gun from him. My parents own a .22 cal. small pistol but I have no idea where they keep it.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

If you're going to have them; the two best things to do are:

1) Lock them in a gun safe and\or put trigger locks on them.
    2) As soon as the youngsters are old enough, teach them how to handle them safely.

Seems like if they're not calling it a suicide that it must have been some sort of accident - playing around with it or something like that.

I wonder how they can tell, Jim, from what I understand it was a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head, unless the gun went off and ricocheted off of something. I think he committed suicide, I agree about the locking them in a gun safe and putting the key somewhere, not your keychain, and not near the box, and yes teach them gun safety and always treat the gun as if it were loaded even though you emptied it and or someone tells you it's empty.

Did they say whether he had made suicidal threats?

I also wonder about his motive.

Did he kill himself because he had been bullied and wanted to show them up by doing it at school?
    Did he go in to play with it and it accidentally went off?
    Did he go in there to check the load with the intention of shooting up the school?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Did they say whether he had made suicidal threats?

I also wonder about his motive.

Did he kill himself because he had been bullied and wanted to show them up by doing it at school?
    Did he go in to play with it and it accidentally went off?
    Did he go in there to check the load with the intention of shooting up the school?

When I told my Mom about this tragedy, she wondered also if he had been bullied.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Tony, That was my first thought as well, was he bullied? When I heard about this the first thing that came to my head was that, and the Song Jeremy by Pearl Jam, based on actual happenings, a kid, not sure of the real name, I used to know it, got up in front of his class and shot himself in the head, killing himself, because he was tried of being bullied.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had a feeling it was a suicide, glad he decided to take himself out and not other people, again I wonder if he was bullied. I wish things had turned out differently for this kid. Sad that he took his life but he did the right thing if he had been planning on taking others out.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I had a feeling it was a suicide, glad he decided to take himself out and not other people, again I wonder if he was bullied. I wish things had turned out differently for this kid. Sad that he took his life but he did the right thing if he had been planning on taking others out.
    He was absolutely going to do it. They have him on video coming out of the bathroom with the gun down at his side. People were in the hall. A student was in the bathroom, saw the gun, and ran for help. Then the seventh grader turned back into the bathroom and killed himself.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's kind of weird, thankfully.
    Kind of like a suicide bomber dashing out of a crowded shop into an empty street.

man reminds me of the Florida Shooter. comments authorities say they found on the phone of the middle school student:

I look in to those scared little britches eyes before I kill them there’s now I’ll have followers because I’m so awesome I know someone will follow me just like I followed Eric Harris and Dyland Klebolt’s me and them want close to the same thing. It’s going to be fun… They say school shootings are horrible but they don’t think like us like me Eric and Dylan…” (Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were the Columbine High School shooters.) “…I’m going to die doing it. I hate those people, when they interview my parents and ask how they didn’t see the signs they should know it’s not them it’s me and it’s because of how I see the world… I’d hurt and destroy something bigger but my schools an easy target.” https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/keith...cebook-photos/

I'm surprised he even got the gun into the school. You would think after all the school shootings that happen in the states, they would be patting students down before they even get in the building. I grew up around guns and we were taught to use them properly and we have never had a problem, they are in a locked cabinet and when I was a child, I never even had an interest to go and help myself. I always waited until my father was ready to supervise and when we were old enough to have access to them, I lost interest. As an adult, I don't own a gun and haven't fired one in years. Maybe this child was bullied, depressed, whatever the reason, another life gone way to soon. RIP....

I know me too buzzy, but I mean how many schools actually do bag searches and locker searches each day, I went to a small high school in the midwest, and once a month we would have random locker searches and back pack and bag checks.

I went to a small town school, and for years we didn't even have lockers to search and no one I can remember had a backpack. No one ever brought a weapon to school, thus no shootings. And we had bullies, too. I was bullied, but never even thought about grabbing daddy deer riffle and shooting those two girls or anyone else.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I went to a small town school too.
    Many of us had rifles and shotguns in plain view in the gun racks of our vehicles parked in the school parking lot. Lots of kids went hunting or fishing right before and right after school so you took your stuff with you.

Guns must have been less violent back then - dozens and dozens of them in the school parking lot all day long and none of them caused any trouble.
    I don't know what's gotten into them.

Yep Jim, guns and such in the back of a truck and no one batted an eye, I was bullied as well, cindy, and never thought to grab a gun and go on a shooting spree.