Page 1 of 11 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Airline Crashes - Info, Pics, and Recordings

jennidianne Guest

Airline Crashes - Info, Pics, and Recordings

Wowee! Thank you so much! Have you read about the haunted Eastern flight 401? It happened in the early '70's.

wow, interesting stuff.

Danny62 Guest
    My wife is sitting behind me...thats sick!!!

I will probably have a listen when I am alone!!!

Thanks for the link!

GhostWorld Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I will probably have a listen when I am alone!!
    You should invest in a pair of headphones my friend.

jennidianne Guest

Vote Yes On Headphones!

Definately get the headphones! I also have other aviation accident related links if anyone wants me to post.. and a few videos I've found on the net over the years..

Jennifer

SW4 Guest
    Here's another good site; we used it for reference data when I was in commercial aviation:

http://airdisaster.com/

Layla331 Guest
    This is like listening to someones worst nightmare come to life...my husband was to be on a flight years back that went down....and he missed the flight...to this day it shakes him...like death knocked and he didnt answer kinda thing.

Please Jenni, share the wealth and post the other air disaster links!

jennidianne Guest

Thanks for posting the links those are pretty graphic (shiver)

relander Guest
    Interesting stuff.

Watch this crash. Hot dogging B-52 pilot trying to show off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21byPXR1ek

deathybrad Guest
    Chilling.

as someone who is scared shitless of flying, I found those horrifying and fascinating. I will say goodbye to this thread. EEEK. : )

attackatdawn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Wowee! Thank you so much! Have you read about the haunted Eastern flight 401? It happened in the early '70's.
    Here is a website about the haunted Eastern flight 401: http://www.123gold.com/flight401/

jennidianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    as someone who is scared shitless of flying, I found those horrifying and fascinating. I will say goodbye to this thread. EEEK. : )
    This scares you? But you are Scott Michaels! But you did find this morbidly facinating.. so that is something..

If you check the NTSB website, you will find that in the last 5 months, someone has died every almost every single day in a private plane. Which adds up to far more people then those that died on commercial planes.

Sad, but true. And I have spent 1000s of hours in aircraft, both private, commercial, and military.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    OK I have another new bookmark. I with Scott I hate 2 fly.

Danny62 Guest
    I am working up my nerve to listen to these. I am thinking Saturday night when everyone is in bed!

I hate flying as well!!!!!

I have dreams where I die that way so If I fly I fear my dream will come true!!!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Air travel is safer than car travel......especially down here in God's Waiting Room....the overfed & nearly dead who cannot remember whether they took their medication drive without a care in the world.

Every other year my neighbor of 26 years flys to tawain.I could not be on an aircraft that long without some help.Valium,Xanex or that stuff they use in Haiti that makes you comatose and deathlike for 24 hrs. or so.I worked for an airline for 23 years and hate to fly.

shellileigh Guest
    I can't get it to work. Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Layla331 View Post
    This is like listening to someones worst nightmare come to life...my husband was to be on a flight years back that went down....and he missed the flight...to this day it shakes him...like death knocked and he didnt answer kinda thing.
    Yeah my dad was in the Air Force and was on a flight to Greenland I believe, anyway last minute they pulled him to go on the flight to Germany and the plane going to Greenland crashed. His rational was "it just wasn't my time"... maybe he's right, or maybe he was just REALLY LUCKY!

Black99 Guest
    which airline sites have the death? I could not find the death.

jennidianne Guest
    Here is a website that has a collection of aircraft crash sites, including the one of the crash of a b-52 shown in this longer version video I found on the web:

longer version of crash video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=E21byPXR1ek

SW4 Guest
    No worries, Scott, they spook and fascinate me also; at least these days I don't listen to them then work a flight the next morning

I hate flying too. It was a ride of "terror" for me when I flew to England and back this past April...

jester joker Guest
    I have a major fear of flying, too! I am especially freaked out with take-offs, but then after leveling out, I am okay, well...providing that there is absolutely NO turbulence of ANY kind. However; I found a great drug that has really helped me deal with this fear. It's called Buspar and it's an anti-anxiety pill. I take one of these babies and wash it down with two beers (cos beer is the cheapest alcohol at the airports and will hopefully only set you back 20 bones or so! Har!). It works wonders for me and is a great WTF attitude provider which is what I need when taking a flight.

Okay, I came back. I have always heard that most accidents happen within the first or last 90 seconds of a flight. I always hold my breath during these times. Plus, whenever I freak out, I'm always watching the cabin staff. When they make eye contact with each other, I know its freakout time.

Ms. K Guest
    Okay, I came back. I have always heard that most accidents happen within the first or last 90 seconds of a flight. I always hold my breath during these times. Plus, whenever I freak out, I'm always watching the cabin staff. When they make eye contact with each other, I know its freakout time.
    My family wonders why, when we fly, I carry a rosary.

Well, I can clutch the rosary, pray, and hold my breath......or I can have a complete panic attack during takeoff and landing.

Yeah......I hate to fly.

deathybrad Guest
    I am fascinated by airliner crashes and I love to fly!

jester joker Guest

Wink

That's funny because I tend to look around at the businessmen in suits figuring that they probably fly all the time and if they are okay with the 'shit'uation, then I should not worry. For some reason, I have no problem with landings. I guess my reasoning is that if something goes wrong, at least we are on the ground. LOL!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I need a couple stiff Bloody Marys and a Xanax to fly. I think it's the celeryin the Bloody Mary that gets me in the mood.

My husband's first career was as an airplane mechanic and he delights in telling me about the fact that we are actually in an ill-repaired minivan in the sky!

If you don't like turbulence, don't go to the Caribeean in November. Worst flight, ever. Even the flight attendants were getting sick. I was convinced I was going to die. I was ready to take a boat home.

An ill-repaired minivan in the sky. Nice. When are they building that tunnel to Asia?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

RoRo Guest

Airline Crashes - Info, Pics, and Recordings

www.planecrashinfo.com is an interesting site...it has info and some pcs from nearly every plane crash since like 1908. Has a section of famous people that died in crashes that is organized by year. For example it has 3 pics of the buddy holly plane crash and some info on the plane and what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jester joker View Post
    I have a major fear of flying, too! I am especially freaked out with take-offs, but then after leveling out, I am okay, well...providing that there is absolutely NO turbulence of ANY kind. However; I found a great drug that has really helped me deal with this fear. It's called Buspar and it's an anti-anxiety pill. I take one of these babies and wash it down with two beers (cos beer is the cheapest alcohol at the airports and will hopefully only set you back 20 bones or so! Har!). It works wonders for me and is a great WTF attitude provider which is what I need when taking a flight.
    Me too! I wonder what that's about, all of us death hags afraid of flying. When I was younger (translation: foolish), I used to take several actifeds and then drink like a fish during the in-flight cocktail service with the goal of passing out or at least not giving a shit if we crashed. I had to fly recently to Minnesota (for the funeral of a favorite Aunt), and a combination of Ativan and Seroquel made the flight almost comfortable (I have a prescription for both of these anti-anxiety meds, I am not doing goofy stuff anymore). Take-offs and landings scare the hell out of me though.

Worst flight ever -- I was going from LA to Tokyo and we encountered extreme turbulence somewhere over the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The overhead bins were popping open, stuff was coming down, things in the seat pockets were flying all over, lots of folks were getting air sick, and others were so scared that they were crying and/or praying and/or saying the rosary. The worst part was that the flight attendants were obviously scared shitless and they were making all these horrific-sounding announcements... all in Japanese! The turbulence lasted about a half-hour and it was the longest and scariest 30 minutes of my life.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

This link is also kind of cool, all about celebrity air crashes:

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Does anyone from LA remember when Bruce Wayne, a traffic reporter aka "KFI in the Sky," was killed in an airplane crash? That was one that was absolutely unbelievable to me because I felt like I knew him because I listened to his traffic reports for years and years.

BTW, check out this link, which features celebrities who were killed in air crashes:

http://hottimescoolplaces.com/airceleb.htm

God, I love the internet!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Jazbabee Guest
    Very interesting site ~ Thanks !!

wraith Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    www.planecrashinfo.com is an interesting site...it has info and some pcs from nearly every plane crash since like 1908. Has a section of famous people that died in crashes that is organized by year. For example it has 3 pics of the buddy holly plane crash and some info on the plane and what happened.

Interesting site, thanks for this link. It seems to have a lot of good quick-reference material. Probably a good starting point for more in-depth crash searches.
    Last edited by wraith; 10-19-2007 at 04:32 AM. Reason: spelling

onehunglow Guest
    Hell you have better chance of getting killed getting your mail. I love to fly. I took flying lessons, but when it came time to stall the plane.......that was over the top. I decided to stick with commerical air travel, which is a pain in the ass. By the time I get to the airport and do the gig, I could have drove 400 miles. So now if it 600 miles or less I drive.

Andrea Guest
    I too am no fan of flying but I don't let it keep my from travel --- though I do dread it as the flight date approaches. My doctor gives me a short supply of Xanax just for the flights --- for the "going" flights and the "returning" flights and that is it. It works!

Andrea

attackatdawn Guest

Toddler survives deadly plane crash

3-year-old found in strapped in her seat; 2 others died in Canada accident

Thank God the little girl is ok hopefully she will never remember this!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21536397/?GT1=10450

Bless her, and bless her grandfather for thinking of strapping her into a baby seat! That obviously saved her life. I hope she doesn't remember, either. Sad, but also uplifting. Thanks for posting!

Times like that make you think someone is up there looking out for people
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

American Airlines 587 - 6 years ago today

I call this the forgotten crash as it came 2 months after 9/11. On Nov 12/01, AA 587 crashed in the Belle Harbour neighborhood of Queens shortly after takeoff from JFK. All 260 on board and 5 people on the ground were killed. The plane was a regularly scheduled flight to the Dominican Republic.

As usual NTSB investigated.
    Cause of crash: overuse of the rudder to counter wake turbulence. Basically, the first officer panicked. He aggressively used the rudder to try and stabilize the plane from turbulence. This caused the vertical stabilizer to snap - followed by the tail fin and both engines. Parts of the plane landed it Jamaica Bay, 1 mile north of the main crash site.

The guy who got the blame was first officer Sten Molin - he went down with his ship, so to speak.

some good post crash photos:

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/us/0111/newyork.crash.gallery2/content1.html

transcript of last last audio recordings. last words spoken " Get out of it, Get out of it " - the captain screaming to Sten Molin.

http://www.ntsb.gov/events/2001/aa587/exhibits/241569.pdf

here is a good re-creation of what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEMrqsbAWc0

the plane took off a 9:14am and everyone was dead at 9:16am.

Here is the memorial which opened last year

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fund/html/projects/flight_587_completed_photos.shtml

Cataroo Guest
    Call me insensitive, but that is not a very attractive memorial ...
    If I were a family member of someone who had passed away in this accident, I would be a little disappointed.

Terrifying. God bless them.

Kathyf Guest
    What a horrible accident. I do agree that the memorial is not very nice.

RoRo Guest
    I remember this vivdly coming so soon after 9/11...tragic

Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    Call me insensitive, but that is not a very attractive memorial ...
    If I were a family member of someone who had passed away in this accident, I would be a little disappointed.
    many of the family members agreed with you and thought the memorial was ugly.