Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keddie Resort murders

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    You make a good point about the clothes. I guess they could have worn some sort of covering that they later burned, but there is nothing at all pointing to that.

Was it just sloppy evidence collection? Did anyone take any of the ashes or search this fire they supposedly were burning things in?

It was almost like the family was just sort of written off because they just assumed they did something to deserve it.

Maybe the boys did just take the wrong ride with the wrong people.
    That's the overall feeling I get from this too...the general feeling may have been that the victims somehow 'deserved' what happened to them. I think that's what disturbs me the most about all this. They seemed like a completely normal, happy family--perhaps a bit down on their luck financially, but sticking together and getting through the hard times. An awful tragedy.

Single moms who liked to have sex were viewed very poorly in the early 80's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I'm an official member of the Keddie Forum. And I can say that the production team and all others personally invested in this case are hoping that 2011 will be the year.

Due to and extraordinary amount of work and personal investigation, this case has been dusted off and seen more attention that ever before. Our hopes are high, our fingers are crossed. Please Lord, let this be the year that we can lay these souls to rest.

<3
    "Addiction is a snowball-effect. It can grow to the size of Everest, and this summit has the power to crush a thousand men." - Me.

I'm so glad to hear that Sammy86. This case needs to be solved. Has there been more cooperation from law enforcement?

stay_zee Guest
    What seems so strange to me is that the weapons, cord, tape, everything used in the murder came from the house. What were the victims doing while the killer/killers were gathering this stuff up? If it were two killers, how did they subdue 3 people? Why wasn't there all kinds of yelling and screaming? I'm just putting myself in the victims shoes and wondering what they could have been doing to defend themselves.
    Like everyone else pretty much stated I am very intrigued by this crime, and the bits of documentary I have seen only make me more interested.

stay_zee Guest
    I took a look at the forum for the documentary. Well, more than a look, I stayed up all last night and read the enitre forum, as well as scouring the web for photos and all information I could find. I am completely obsessed with this case now.
    The forum in general seems a little strange to me as some older posters speak in round about terms and elude to an old forum which no longer exits, so I was a little lost at times.
    However, I am now very interested in seeing these two documentaries. I haven't quite convinced myself that I want to spend $30 buck though. (its not like its the chubbuck video) and my budget is a little tight right now.

Has anyone seen both the first and second documetary? What did you think?

edited to add: I had to laugh outloud at a post made by an admin. Someone asked if there were more crime scene pictures available, this admin posted that there were more photos, but they would not post them because they did not want the internet scum bombarding thier forum to see them. I guess I'm some internet scum, cause I sure as heck would like to see them. I should add that you my avatar title, "death hag/internet scum" lol
    Last edited by stay_zee; 01-08-2011 at 06:12 PM.

discod Guest
    just about to watch the new docu,will report back after xx

seems to me Marty and Bo are still the suspects and Tina was pregnant. going by what the guy who did Tinas autopsy said I reckon she was kept alive until the baby was born and then killed...there is possibly a daughter or son of hers out there somewhere
    Last edited by discod; 09-21-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: adding new info

Tina wasn't pregnant, Sheila was.
    She was the 13/14 yr old who was staying @ a neighbor's & made the discovery in the morning. I stumbled upon this case and have been obsessed with it ever since. I have been to the forum but haven't spent the time to read anything yet. I was really disappointed I could not watch the whole docu and I am too wondering if I want to spend the $35 for the two.

From what I have read and heard from Sheila and Rick, the matter of the boys' door being open/shut is up in the air. Justin claimed to have seen something from the bedroom but it was physically impossible to see into the living room from their room so it has led people to believe he may have walked into the little hallway and seen something and came back but Rick also said Justin "came out and tried to stop mom's bleeding" which could explain the blood they found on the door knob in the bedroom. The boys were eventually taken out of the house through their bedroom window...

pattykad Guest

Unhappy

I was surprised to see Keddie pop back up here. For those of you that are in to the story, I got this email from someone that rented the cabin after the murders. Nothing earthshaking, but a fun read.

> Hi-Yes, I have Photos, i need to dig some up and post them. I have gotten so many e-mails from that one blog. I guess it still haunts people. I did not feel there was a crawl space. There IS/WAS a crawl space under the house (which by the way has been torn down for years now) I made my ex-husband nail the door shut because it gave me the willies so bad. (The laundry room was down there and it was always cold and damp and dark, even in the summer) Originally Keddie was built as a resort with a huge compound with a restaraunt and hotel in the middle. You could fish and camp and spend the summer in the cool hills of northern Cali. When i lived there the hotel was closed but all the furniture was still in there and they still had curtains up in the windows. they also had a menu in the window from 15 years earlier. the cabins got rented out to families for a week or a month or the summer. I have talked to old timers who said it was a hoppin' place back in the day. After the murders, they closed the resort down and it became housing for the people who worked the union pacific railroad. It runs through Keddie and at one time had a roundabout there (for the trains to turn around in) and was huge part of UP and a very historical train area. At one time the California Zephyr stopped in Keddie (alas the train and the town are history-how sad) After the trains were re-routed elsewhere and a piece of history was again misplaced, the cabins became housing for people in the area. The landlord at the time was named Gary Mollath and lived across the highway. i don't know if he still owns it. there was always talk of selling it. (I don't think it was a big money making venture by then) It still was a very pretty place. My husband at the time and I moved up from Phx Az. (my mom lived in Quincy) The rent was cheap and coming from the city it was soooo pretty. My children were small and there was tons of room to run. I looked at a smaller cabin on the river but for 50 dollars more I rented a bigger one with another bedroom. (I had no idea about it's history, and since I was a city girl no-one told me a bout it until after we were all settled in) my rent at the time was 350.00 a month. I lived in that cabin for many years and really loved it. My youngest son, now 20 was born in that cabin. After we grew out of that cabin we moved to a different cabin in Keddie and stayed there for many more years and my kids and I have some great memories of that time. I would never have left there, but it was difficult to make a living in that area at that time. my husband worked for the housing authority and i worked on the ambulance in Portola. We had to drive all our critical patients to Reno! When i first moved there, no--one would come to the house, but after a few years we had birthday parties and house parties. it was a happy place for me and my family. We had to have a wood stove to heat and two different sources of cooking, because it was so rural. We would lose our electricity for weeks at a time and lived whole winters without TV and Radio. To this day I miss Keddie and that cabin a lot. I only had a few incidents in that cabin that bothered me. i would have nightmares and the downstairs was really creepy. My kids had night terrors a lot, but I wonder if it was subconcious. In the master bedroom, in the closet they did not tear down the walls, they just paneled over them and there was a hole in the paneling and you could see blood on the preceding wall. I covered it with a poster, but it still freaked me out. There was an old tree that rubbed against the roof and when the wind would blow, it would make the whole house creak. The man who removed the sleeping children from the house when the murders occurred (the bedroom where my kids slept) still lived next door-Jamie Seabolt senior. They were a very nice Mormon family and had lots of kids. i bought my first paid for my own car from his son. We even had our own post office and the lady that ran it was a massive gossip. My kids went to school with all the other kids from Keddie and learned to ride bikes and had chicken pox with everyone. It was a nice place to live, murders or not. it's very sad that people only remember the tragic things about that place and not the wonderful things about it. it was a magical time and place for me. this afternoon, i will dig out some pictures and try to get them on line. give me a little time, My team "the Phx Suns" are fixin to whip the San Antonio spurs in the first round of the playoffs today, so i have priorities!! please excuse the grammar, punctuation and misspellings ( i am very educated) just in a big hurry, tons to do today on my only day off. Please try to remember it was a very happy place, not just a place where murders occurred. i will get back to you with more-Patchouli

That is really interesting! Even looking at the old photo's of Keddie, I could imagine how families would have fond memories of the place. It reminds me a lot of a resort we stay @ every summer in Northern Minnesota. There was a web site I came across recently that had a bunch of photos from a former tenet of Cabin 28 from after the murders. All family photos and it looked like happy times. I wonder if these are the same photos this lady has?

I decided to search Keddie on the forum, thinking nothing would come up! I was pleasantly surprised to find it had been given attention here. This case is incredible and I would love to see it solved. I really want to watch the docs but am trying to decide if $35 is worth it? I wish it was on Netflix (already looked) or Youtube (taken down).

http://keddiemurdersfilm.com/gallery/index.html

S
    ome great pics for those who haven't seen them yet.

pattykad Guest
    I think one of the reasons (at least for me) that this story is so intriquing is that the setting was so beautiful. It looks so idylic and you can only imagine that it was a lovely place at one time. I'd love to see photos of the place when it was "hopping". If anyone has seen photos like that, please let me know. That being said, they certainly had a lot of shady characters in the area based on the list of players involved. Maybe idylic is not the right word.

discod Guest
    Im sure in the new docu it said it was rumoured Tina may have been pregnant...dont have it now so cant go back and double check

Quote Originally Posted by soaring_butterfly View Post
    Tina wasn't pregnant, Sheila was.

She was the 13/14 yr old who was staying @ a neighbor's & made the discovery in the morning. I stumbled upon this case and have been obsessed with it ever since. I have been to the forum but haven't spent the time to read anything yet. I was really disappointed I could not watch the whole docu and I am too wondering if I want to spend the $35 for the two.

From what I have read and heard from Sheila and Rick, the matter of the boys' door being open/shut is up in the air. Justin claimed to have seen something from the bedroom but it was physically impossible to see into the living room from their room so it has led people to believe he may have walked into the little hallway and seen something and came back but Rick also said Justin "came out and tried to stop mom's bleeding" which could explain the blood they found on the door knob in the bedroom. The boys were eventually taken out of the house through their bedroom window...

From what I know, Ive only researched for a few years now, but yes discod, I saw that too. There was a rumor Tina was also pregnant, and when her bones were found, there wasnt enough to do a pregnancy test, so we will never know. But there is a rumor that is why she was kidnapped, instead of killed there. This case has always caught my interest and wonder if it really was Bo and Marty that did this.

discod Guest
    Thanks Belle thought I was going mad x

wow have never heard of this , thanks for posting am going to have to do some catching up.

StefanyLeanne Guest
    Hi, I am from Quincy, the nearest large town to Keddie, and i have always been very inerested in the murders that took place there. A close family friend is the local Sherrif and he gave me as much information as he could. Tina, the young girl, was found later, 50 miles down river in a very remote location. Her head had been severed from her body. The children that had been in the side room were left unharmed and it is believed that this was the case becuase the killers perhaps didnt know about them, the killer snuck in through the ventalation system and hid, waiting for the family to return home. the oldest sister of the family was at a neighbors house the night of the murder and returned home to find her family dead. the killers have not been identified, and it is still not certain why. immediately after the murders local police and the state of california closed the cabin. ones around it have remained opened though. the childrens father was across country at the time of the murders, that has been verified. This cold case still haunts our entire community and we would love it more than anything if we could get this murder solved. the father of the friend that was murdered does not talk about his son, does not drive past keddie, and does not talk about the highway 70 canyon very often. these murders hit our community very hard. and yes, that movie is based off this murder.

respectfulone Guest

The Keddie Murders

There are two documentaries about the murders. They are available on the website http://www.keddiemurdersfilm.com/

There is also a chat on selected Sundays. There are often friends of the family and possibly the one daughter who discovered the bodies.

There is also a book that is now out of print.

The Docs are only available to purchase, not stream, which is what I've been looking for. I don't know how comfortable I am giving out my CC info to these guys, not to mention I don't know if it's worth it? Thanks for the heads up on the chats- I have been reading through their forum and it is quite time consuming. There is so much information on there. The daughter who discovered the bodies, Sheila, posts on there as "tinkerbell". She chimes in to clear up any discrepancies or answer questions. Pretty neat of her.

Lisamarie Guest
    Hey questions...okay so when the head was discovered had she been alive for those three years?? Or could they even tell??I think the mom must have had alot of men coming and going and perhaps one liked the little girl and they did this home invasion murder and then kidnapped the little girl as a sex slave type thing. Awful to think..I watched a little of the documentry and I still dont understand how in Gods name those two kids heard nothing? The police say they had been tortured with knives ..one had been lined up againt the wall and the knife thrown at their head again and again...then again no one next door heard anything..again I dont understand that as well...I wonder if the crime scene photos still exsist? Also was anyone sexually assualted???

RogerV Guest
    One thing to remember (and I hope I'm not repeating myself here) is that the case doesn't involve Park Avenue or Beverly Hills society. It appears that almost everyone was at or near the Poverty Line. When you combine that with the community's isolation, you're bound to end up with some people who have criminal records, have jumped bail, or violated their parole. For those reasons there may well have been a person or persons who knew more about what happened, but was unwilling to come forward because his/her past would come out in the process.

Lisamarie Guest
    Do we think this poor girl was kept alive for three years????

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Do we think this poor girl was kept alive for three years????
    I don't think so. I believe they kept her for a few days and then killed her. It is rare to keep a victim for so long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Lisamarie Guest
    I was wondering...poor thing...wonder where her body was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I was wondering...poor thing...wonder where her body was.
    I believe she was killed where she was found. It was very remote from what I remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stay_zee Guest
    Sheila Sharp trying to renew interest in the case. Hoping to get new tips.
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...family-member/

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...lings-part-ii/

stay_zee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanyLeanne View Post
    Hi, I am from Quincy, the nearest large town to Keddie, and i have always been very inerested in the murders that took place there. A close family friend is the local Sherrif and he gave me as much information as he could. Tina, the young girl, was found later, 50 miles down river in a very remote location. Her head had been severed from her body. The children that had been in the side room were left unharmed and it is believed that this was the case becuase the killers perhaps didnt know about them, the killer snuck in through the ventalation system and hid, waiting for the family to return home. the oldest sister of the family was at a neighbors house the night of the murder and returned home to find her family dead. the killers have not been identified, and it is still not certain why. immediately after the murders local police and the state of california closed the cabin. ones around it have remained opened though. the childrens father was across country at the time of the murders, that has been verified. This cold case still haunts our entire community and we would love it more than anything if we could get this murder solved. the father of the friend that was murdered does not talk about his son, does not drive past keddie, and does not talk about the highway 70 canyon very often. these murders hit our community very hard. and yes, that movie is based off this murder.
    I am very interested in hearing more about this ventilation theory. I have never read about it. Also, was your friend of the family working with the sheriff's office when the murders occured?

For anyone interested about specifics, you should really go to keddiemurdersfilm.com. They have a plethora of info in the forum and the fact that the surviving daughter and some other locals actively participate is a real treat. They are really dedicated to the truth over there and all the facts on the site are really investigated thoroughly.

And then bring the discussion back here, of course

Quote Originally Posted by StefanyLeanne View Post
    I've been reading about this for the past few days... wow. But I don't really see how "The Strangers" was based on this. The movie plot featured a regular house, not a cabin in a resort of them. And it was a couple (not engaged, but he was trying) -- boyfriend/girlfriend, anyway. Three people in masks versus no-one-knows... I don't get it.

I just can't see how the movie was based on this story. There are a lot of movies that mirror this tragedy more than "The Strangers." Except for the obvious (both involved murders) what makes you think so, I'm wondering?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

stay_zee Guest
    I have read that forum inside out and upside down. In fact I looked over the crime scene photo's and the photo's of the emty cabin over there today. I am frankly obsessed with this case. I post on that forum also. That is why I directed the questions I did to Stefanyleanne.

Marty Smartt's(many peoples number 1 suspect and a confessor) police interview is posted over there. He is so full of himself.

Lisamarie Guest
    I know....It just is so very creepy and no one hears a thing !!!!

RogerV Guest
    After reading the "cast of characters" in this case, I don't think it will ever be solved. Too many people had too many things to hide.

I believe whoever did this is either dead or in jail for something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I believe whoever did this is either dead or in jail for something else.
    You speak not only of possibilities, you speak of PROBABILITIES. There's no way I'll ever be convinced that most of those characters didn't get in trouble with the law again, probably several times.

Skinned Guest
    Well I guess I know what I am doing this weekend. I think I will take a trip over to keddiemurdersfilm.com. I think I may also watch "The Strangers" again considering it has been a while.

Skinned Guest
    So, I have been reading the posts on keddiemurdersfilm and the people on there are seriously dedicated to finding out who murdered them. I have been reading all of the info for over a week and I am more confused then ever. There is soo much info to read. I think the main suspects are Bo and Marde though. I have to wonder why the cops gave them a ride out of town, when clearly they were lying through their teeth during the interview. I find it fascinating that Sue's daughter and other people that knew the victims post there regularly. I will probably end up buying both documentaries. Even though there is a lot of bickering over there (and there is also this one guy that regularly calls people (women) a word that sounds like punt) it is an interesting website and it certainly has me wanting to find out who killed those four people. Nice job to the contributors of the site.

It IS a really interesting site, isn't it? I love that there is real input from people who knew them and are personally tied to the case but I agree, there is almost TOO much information over there. It's almost overwhelming! I had read somewhere that there are people on there who are not always kind. There are aparently locals from around there that post on the site and are not too happy about all the publicity. Whether they are just old foggies who resent the negative spotlight or people who may know the alleged guilty people involved and feel they are "helping" these people by standing up for them and disrupting the site, idk...

39. 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM

tarsier Guest
    Hadn't considered the Keddie documentaries but a few years back I was on a Villisca binge and REALLY wanted a specific documentary which was only available academically and more than I wanted to pay directly. The manager at the local video store was able to get it for me at less than half the price; sometimes the personal touch helps.

41. 04-13-2013, 05:24 AM

42. 04-13-2013, 07:02 PM

DonnaMc Guest
    I can't stop trying to solve the Keddie murders. This is an article that makes a lot of sense to me. It was in the Plumas County newspaper.

http://plumasnews.com/index.php?opti...olved&Itemid=6
    Last edited by DonnaMc; 02-23-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Wendy A. Guest
    I've never heard of this crime! I have heard of people being murdered while camping....I'll tell ya stories like this is the reason why I have never nor will I ever go camping! I'm going to read up on this crime as soon as I get the computer back from the kids!

Yeah I won't camp either. I am much more scared of empty desolate places like a campground or out in the country in the middle of the night than I am of being in a city.

I just got the dvds Cabin 28 The keddie murders, got both for a good price. I will let you know if they are good after I watch them.

wow the dvds are amazing seems like it could have been solved if the police had followed up on it. Seems the boy Justin that was one of the boys that got out, seems that his step father may have done it. They interview his therapist and he tells them that Martin Smartt confessed to him , that he did it. Also in a taped interview that the film makers got to listen to, Martin States , when asked does he thinks Justin may have seen something, he states, "there's a very high possibility that he could have been awake or alerted to something unusual in that house, and he is quiet enough to where he could have noticed something without me detecting him.." Very odd that he would that, and say that last line and the police didn't pick up on it, he also mentions that he has been in Galenna Sharps house , cabin 28, and that his hammer is suddenly missing, they were struck by a hammer. Also something comes up about Tina, That the day after or so, he goes to Nevada, and then comes back and is staying with a friend of the Sharp family and this friend tells the filmmakers that Martin, just kept pacing saying I have to go to Keddie , I have to go to Keddie, I have to go back and finish what I started,./ The friend says he left at four am the next day and went back to Keddie, she thinks it might have been to kill Tina, or to hide her body.

http://livescifi.tv/2013/03/ghosts-of-keddie-resort/

Has some pics I haven't seen before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great find. Thanks for sharing.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Here's a current update on this story. Seems those guys in the forum may actually be on to something. I live in Northern California and was just talking about this the other day, so it's great that this article popped up. I have always had a suspicion that a law enforcement officer may have been covering something up. And why was the California Dept of Justice Organized Crime unit called on to help?? There is obviously way more to this than just some deranged strangers. http://www.plumasnews.com/story/2016...ation/926.html

I was really into this case back in 2011 and 12. I bought the documentaries and watched them a few times. But I ended up not keeping up to date. Within the last month or so, I have gotten back into it. I really want to see some justice in this case, and was hoping something had been found out by now. Well, There is a lot of new information.

The person that did the documentaries has basically moved on from the case. He posted something on facebook saying something to the effect that he had accomplished what he set out to do with the case, and was moving on to other cases to look at. He said he never wanted to be a detective. He wanted to bring awareness to the case, and that has happened. There was another person that was either just helping Josh (Josh is the maker of the documentary) with the internet site or had actually was doing it with Josh, but this person has started his own forum, and his own detective work. He has come up with A LOT of new information. His website, and forum are the first two links I have posted under this. Another person, that was doing her own work has started her own website. That is third link I have posted.

Im so excited to read that something has come of this from the article Wholigan posted. It sounds like more is known, and maybe we just might see something come of this.

http://keddie28.com/
    http://keddie28.com/bb/index.php
    http://keddiecoldcase.freeforums.org...8e44ad6e08eea5

Another piece of this puzzle had been found: the recording of the person calling to tell where the girls remains could be found.
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/...urder-mystery/

No. The recording they found was of the unidentified man who clued them in to the remains being TINA. The disocery had been made already, but this caller turned them on to the idea that it was Tina Sharp:

CALLER: Hello I was watching the news and they were talking about the skull they found at the Feather Falls and they asked for any help.
    DISPATCHER: Uh-huh.
    CALLER: And I was just wondering if they thought of the murder up in Keddie up in Plumas County a couple years ago where a 12-year-old girl was never found?