Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you crossed John List with Andrea Yates - Mark Castillo

Lisamarie Guest
    Yeah I hear ya that she had mental illness..I 100% agree that Rusty was no help and made the situation worse for her...Im just not excusing it. You can feel sorry for her all you want I just think its nuts. I mean Ed Gein was ruled insane as well...I bet you have a harder time feeling for him.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Yeah I hear ya that she had mental illness..I 100% agree that Rusty was no help and made the situation worse for her...Im just not excusing it. You can feel sorry for her all you want I just think its nuts. I mean Ed Gein was ruled insane as well...I bet you have a harder time feeling for him.
    That is an excellent point.

Lisamarie Guest
    thanks babe!!

soonerpimp Guest
    "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." ...
    Fuck Yates and Smith!!! you do not kill your children! I agree with lisamarie 100%

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soonerpimp View Post
    "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." ...
    Fuck Yates and Smith!!! you do not kill your children! I agree with lisamarie 100%
    First off, welcome.

Secondly, Susan Smith and Andrea Yates are two different people, and circumstances. Susan Smith, IMO, is evil incarnate. She was SANE and killed her kids for the love of a man. PERIOD. Andrea Yates was a mentally ill woman who by all accounts loved her kids. You really shouldn't use Susan Smith and Andrea Yates in the same breath, IMO. One was terribly evil; one was terribly sick.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    thanks babe!!
    Welcome

Going to chime in here.
    Part of the problem with the Yates thing is.....the "Why" (mentally ill) gets lost in the "how" (it was done) and even the "how many" (4, 5, was it?)
    Finding understanding and compassion for something this horrendous is something I find very hard to do, mentally ill, or not.
    The other thing that is so disturbing, and I posted it below I think, is the fact that she took them out and she is still here, and lives. Can anybody answer why only the little ones died and not her? Think Andrea has an answer to that? She chased down and drowned her babies like rats. That is enormous. That is as bad as it gets. I think of the last moments of those kids as they were dying in that water, at the hands of Mommy no less, and I feel nothing for Andrea Yates.

Lisa, the Ed Gein remark was a good comparison, because it basically begs the question, if they were both declared insane, why so much sympathy for Yates and not someone like Gein (or anyone who has committed terrible murders and used an insanity defense, there are alot) Is it because she is female? Because she had a shithead husband? What makes her and her mental illness different, or garners more tolerence for her than for other killers who are "insane"? Because there were warnings that something was wrong with her? I bet if checked on, there have been alot of killers who had "warning signs" of things being amiss. It does not seem to pull any extra heartstrings for them.
    Food for thought.

soonerpimp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    First off, welcome.

Secondly, Susan Smith and Andrea Yates are two different people, and circumstances. Susan Smith, IMO, is evil incarnate. She was SANE and killed her kids for the love of a man. PERIOD. Andrea Yates was a mentally ill woman who by all accounts loved her kids. You really shouldn't use Susan Smith and Andrea Yates in the same breath, IMO. One was terribly evil; one was terribly sick.
    Thank you guys for the warm welcome(s).....very sweet
    I understand the vastly different circumstances between the two,
    However I believe that Smith's actions were completely insane as well,
    even if foolishness is involved. Same with someone like Tim Mcveigh,
    All three killed children... Unforgivable in my book. Whether for love,politics,religion,or a can of tuna told you to. We do not kill our children! Yates obviously knew how to use a phone and she should have used it 5 lives sooner. I think Smith,Yates,and John List should share the same fate as ol' Tim (which is too quick for these crimes). just my humble opinion......unforgivable.
    Respect to all

Lisamarie Guest
    Thankyou people!!! I relly feel Andrea will get hers in hell what she did was beyond crazy it was just plain evil.And to excuse that is beyond stupid if you ask me....and not to mention a kick in the face to the dead children who did nothing to their mother they just had the misfortune to be brought into this world by her ....its not there fault she was over stressed or had mental problems. Yet they paid the ultimate price. Im so happy to hear its not just me!! I didint understand that feeling for her...I just dont get that!! Feel for the poor dead children!! Not their murderer!!

onekindsistah Guest
    Accused Child Killer Says He Wants to Plead Guilty

By Dan Morse
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, August 22, 2008; 4:56 PM

The Montgomery County man accused of drowning his three children in a hotel bathtub said in court today he wants to plead guilty, part of his rambling and at times abrasive remarks during a pre-trial hearing that prompted a judge to order him examined to determine if he is mentally fit to stand trial.

Mark Castillo, charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the March 29 deaths of his children in a 10th floor room of a Baltimore Marriott, repeatedly told Circuit Judge Gale E. Rasin he didn't trust his public defender and he wanted to represent himself.

"I've been trying to plead guilty for the last five months and I've been prevented," Castillo said, his legs chained and his hands cuffed behind his back.

"You know what? I'm going to stop you right there," the judge said, concerned Castillo may not be aware enough of his surroundings to participate in his own defense.

Minutes later, Castillo repeated the request.

"I would just ask you to allow me to enter a pro se appearance so I can enter a guilty plea," Castillo said. "Pro se" is a legal term referring to a defendant representing himself.

The mental health evaluation will push Castillo's trial back at least until next month. If doctors determine Castillo can't adequately communicate with his attorneys or participate in his own defense, he would be transferred to the state's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. From there, he would be treated, and if he improves he could then stand trial.

Castillo has told investigators he used a stopwatch when he submerged his children -- ages 2, 4, and 6 -- for 10 minutes to kill them, doing so at least in part to hurt his estranged wife, Amy Castillo. They were involved in a protracted child custody battle in the Montgomery court system, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Lisamarie Guest
    Thanks everyone ...I feel nothing as well..in my book that is about as evil as you can get..when I think of her poor kid it just breaks my heart...

hotmama Guest
    see i think this man killed the kids to get back at mom. he most likely did not want those kids and alot of men, i hate to say do not want to be bothered with their own children once the relationship or marriage ends. the kids can come on the weekends or holidays but they can not live there. andera yates was married to a man who brainwashed her and also the church brainwashed her also. they had 5 kids and hubby did not want to be stuck with those kids so he left her with them all day. that is another thing about some of these men they will enjoy making a house full of kids but will not spend time with them. people really felt bad for him. why?? you should have not been having sex with a mentally ill person. to me that is like rape. he took advantage of her mental state. john list was just an ass. he bought things he could not afford. susan smith should have gave her kids to a family member and not the father. he was not taking care of them anyhow. he was a deadbeat dad. so i have no remorse for him either. i am a child of a vendictive parent. my dad had my siblings and i removed from my mothers care because he was mad at her. not because he was concerned. if he was concerned he would have married my mom and stayed around. he was also a deadbeat dad. once he got us and he saw that it was not easy all mental, and verbal abuse began. if my brothers looked wrong he'd knocked the shit out of them. if you told my dad my brother did something he believed it and started beating asses without any questions. even his family jumped on the bandwangon with verbal and mental abuse. my mom was glad we were gone she had her freedom but it did not last we were back with her in about 3 years. my parents, 2 people who should not have had kids.

My own belief about Andrea is that she was incredibly angry and resentful at her husband and their whole life together, and mental illness simply removed the inhibitions to what she really wished to do all along. Which was, evidently, to be free of the whole kit 'n' caboodle of husband, children, in-laws, housework, life's other pressures, you name it.

I also heard some time ago that she suspected Rusty was cheating, while she was stuck being the dutiful devout, home-schooling, baby-factory housewife. This would have bolstered her stated belief that her children were ruined--- what do you expect with a ruined mother and corrupt father?

Plus that Rusty was irked that Andrea did not produce a solid line of sons--- duh, apparently he'd never heard that it is the male's contribution that determines the sex of the offspring. He must have been having an off day, nine months before the birth of Mary, but continually spawning with a wretched mentally-ill woman could do that to one.

When Andrea was arrested in 2001, she was already 37. However, with all the "wonderful" medical treatments to help even sexagenarians become mothers just before it's time to collect Social Security, it could be a llllooonnnngggg wait for Andrea to be "safely" past the ability to give birth.

P.S., I hadn't realized, this site was still up:

http://www.yateskids.org/
    Last edited by Linnie; 08-24-2008 at 12:08 AM.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    This will probably be a very unpopular opinion, but Andrea Yates is, as someone else on this forum once said, "crazier than a shithouse rat". This guy may have been bi-polar, but his wife KNEW IT and tried to do the right thing by keeping him away from the kids.

The difference between this guy and Andrea is that Rusty KNEW how ill she was and did NOTHING TO HELP HER. She was pulling out her own hair, picking her skin until she bled, and on and on and on. She had a history of severe mental illness, yet he had her living in a converted school bus and keeping her as a baby factory. Rusty has more culpability in the Yates case than most people want to admit. I don't know how he can live with himself.

End rant.

I agree. She is not a karla Homolka or that Susan Whatever who drowned her kids. They are cold blooded killers. She is a very sick woman. What she did is one of the most shameful deeds but she's nuts and I wonder how much anti depressants and the lot added to it.

As of today She is still a doctor and going by Castillo
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-27-2019 at 12:55 PM.