Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 747545556
Results 2,751 to 2,772 of 2772

Thread: The Weirdness of WalMart

When one closes. Say, that looks like a black snake on the bottom left shelf.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I remember a gal with a snake in a big canvas bag with a zipper. She said he was part of her 'act'. From the look of her, she was a dancer. I'd be worried that the snake might puncture one of her implants. This was in a reptile store, so it wasn't so out of place. I don't think I could relax and have a drink comfortably, if there was a big spider like that near by. I would like to see it in a little vest at least.

God I hate the people that come in with animals that aren't service animals. A manager can ask them once and if they claim it's a service animal we have to allow it. I even had an employee come through my line with a dog in her purse, I'm like "really??" Oh they are annoying.

We have Target here (it's the land of Target) and that's where I do most of my shopping for groceries, since I don't get an associate discount on food except during the holidays.

One good thing about Walmart, they just increased our pay. I started at 9.25 an hour (i just work part time while I go to school), they raised the company wide minimum to $10/hr but when I signed my paperwork for my raise apparently we have something called a market differential that put us up to $11.50! I was shocked as hell. I post on a WM messageboard and I haven't heard of any other stores going above $10.

I take Munchie into Walgreens with me but I wouldn't take him into a food store.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I take Munchie into Walgreens with me but I wouldn't take him into a food store.
    What an adorable name!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had a friend who moved here from England. One of his first memories of Los Angeles was going to a market and seeing a woman with two little dogs in her blouse. That memory stuck with him!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    What an adorable name!
    His real mother, my daughter - named him "Marley Bear," but he's "Munchie" to me. LOL He's less than four pounds so nobody really knows when he's in the bag.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I remember a gal with a snake in a big canvas bag with a zipper. She said he was part of her 'act'. From the look of her, she was a dancer. I'd be worried that the snake might puncture one of her implants. This was in a reptile store, so it wasn't so out of place. I don't think I could relax and have a drink comfortably, if there was a big spider like that near by. I would like to see it in a little vest at least.
    I used to have a guy come through drive-through with an albino python. Or maybe it was an albino boa. Either way, it was yellow instead of brown. Let me rephrase that. SHE was yellow instead of brown. Yes, the snake was a female named "Rose." He'd come through with her draped across his shoulders, which freaked out the person who took his money AND the person who handed out his food.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I used to have a guy come through drive-through with an albino python. Or maybe it was an albino boa. Either way, it was yellow instead of brown. Let me rephrase that. SHE was yellow instead of brown. Yes, the snake was a female named "Rose." He'd come through with her draped across his shoulders, which freaked out the person who took his money AND the person who handed out his food.
    Sounds like a Ball python. My mother had one.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Sounds like a Ball python. My mother had one.
    I can't tell pythons and boas apart, they look so similar to me. I don't mind snakes if I can go up to them on my accord, pick them up when I want to. I just don't want to have one forced on me or worse, thrown at me. Not fair to me OR the snake.

It WAS funny though, when this guy would come through. I'd take his money, comment how beautiful his snake, Rose, was, then send him to the next window and wait for the scream. The present girls always screamed. Lol!!!!

When we had a garter snake in our apartment, I told Hubby, "Now the snake is still God's creature, so don't kill him. He doesn't deserve to die. But you DO need to explain to him that he was not an invited guest." And he did. In a Jar Jar Binks voice.

And Schmoo. "Daddy, is that a gardener snake? From Gardner, Kansas?" *facepalm* My children say the funniest things.

"I just go here!"

I can't tell pythons and boas apart, they look so similar to me. I don't mind snakes if I can go up to them on my accord, pick them up when I want to. I just don't want to have one forced on me or worse, thrown at me. Not fair to me OR the snake.

It WAS funny though, when this guy would come through. I'd take his money, comment how beautiful his snake, Rose, was, then send him to the next window and wait for the scream. The present girls always screamed. Lol!!!!

When we had a garter snake in our apartment, I told Hubby, "Now the snake is still God's creature, so don't kill him. He doesn't deserve to die. But you DO need to explain to him that he was not an invited guest." And he did. In a Jar Jar Binks voice.

And Schmoo. "Daddy, is that a gardener snake? From Gardner, Kansas?" *facepalm* My children say the funniest things.
    I don't know the difference either. I am scared of all of them that is enough to know.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ria, did the guy order anything for his snake? That would bother me. I'd be worried that the snake would sneak through the drive-thru window. Even if it isn't a venomous snake, the bite can still mess you up.

I knew a guy who took his snake into the shower with him. One night the power went out and he freaked because he was worried the snake would think his unit was a mouse. That could happen with the lights on too.

Ria, did the guy order anything for his snake? That would bother me. I'd be worried that the snake would sneak through the drive-thru window. Even if it isn't a venomous snake, the bite can still mess you up.

I knew a guy who took his snake into the shower with him. One night the power went out and he freaked because he was worried the snake would think his unit was a mouse. That could happen with the lights on too.
    Hids, nope he never ordered anything for his snake. We don't serve mouse du'jour. The snake was content to lie on her human's shoulder. She never moved toward the window at all.

"I just go here!"

I didn't take the local prices into consideration. The west coast is more expensive than the mid-west, I've heard. And people who have moved to Hawaii are stunned by the grocery prices. I knew someone who had their parents send them cereal and toilet paper, of course they could have just been working the parents for free groceries. Anything is cheaper if the parents pay for it. Has anyone noticed that gas prices are lower? We have a WalMart with gas pumps, my huz paid $2.15 a gallon but he said that was really low.
    I didn't think prices in L.A. were much worse than here in the midwest, especially when they were on sale. Actually stuff on sale was much cheaper than stuff here, even when it's on sale here. For example Simply Orange juice. It would be nearly $5 a bottle normally, which is almost what it is here, but it would go on sale at Von's for 2/$4. The only thing noticably higher in L.A. was rent and gasoline. Gas is usually about a dollar more a gallon out there than it is here. Right now we are right at about $2 a gallon, a few weeks ago we were at $1.66 or so.

We have lots of WalMarts now... sometimes they even share a parking lot with another big store, like a Target. There are still Vons markets, but Ralphs seems to have the most stores. I like Stater Brothers, it has the best meat department and bakery. We also have Trader Joe's - which is popular with the anti-GMO oro-organic crowd. It's more expensive, of course.
    I've been noticing in all the super markets, people feel free to bring their dogs shopping with them. These are just pets, not service dogs. There are signs on the doors about it being a crime to pass your dog off as a service animal.
    When I lived in Studio City the closest Walmart was in I believe Pacoima. I only went there a few times. I'd usually go up to the one in Valencia, because there were a few other stores I liked up there and I took sewing lessons at the Joanns for a while. The drive wasn't too bad at all, and it was a nice area.

..heck there are those out there where even the sight of a snake can mess them up. I have known people over the years who had pet snakes and for some reason many of those snake owners they think its absolutely hysterical when they see someone who is scared of snakes and their reaction when finding themselves near a snake. I see the same thing in the online group I belong too with other pet rat owners such as this "gem" that was posted last night by a girl in Atlanta "....my sister Molly is scared to death of my rats so last night as a joke while she slept I put 7 live rats in her bed...when she woke up and saw my little Annie ( a rat ) on her chest she pissed herself .. HA HA HA HA !!". Oh man did the other members of the group let her have it !! She just didn't understand why the other owners of pet rats in the group didn't think that was funny. I told her to watch the movie "Willard" and watch the scene when Willard takes his pet rat to the office and how it didn't end very well for the rat.

Now going back to service animals at Walmart or any other store I am waiting unfortunately for the day when a dog or cat ends up getting injured or even killed by someone who are scared to death of dogs and cats since there are people out there who do hate dogs and cats to the point where they could kill the animal. Had an aunt who was like that with cats. Hated them !! HATED them !! She didn't even like Garfield !!
    Last edited by choff; 03-06-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Choff, the people who do extreme fear factor on others are sociopaths! It's just cruel. I'm not crazy about spiders, so usually I'll call my husband to dispatch them if they turn up in the bath tub. Sometimes he'll squish it in a piece of toilet paper, and pretend he's bringing it to me, but he would never actually put a smashed spider body on me, or live spiders in my bed! That's just so cruel. If I notice a spider when I'm already taking a shower, I'll just keep an eye on him until I'm done. It will be a fast shower for sure. And it's cruel to the pet.

Yep. ROFL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bar in Walmart.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	53562  

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest

Yep. ROFL
    Bahahahahahaha!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Bahahahahahaha!!!!
    Exactly. "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!!!!"

"I just go here!"

A Douglas County [GA ]grand jury has indicted a man accused of selling brownies laced with drugs.

Addae Simmons allegedly posted pictures of “pot brownies” on Instagram and sold the products outside a local Walmart, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution previously reported.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/man-i...IPUWmjyGtycaP/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Was seeing someone's comment about Trader Joe's being expensive, nope not really, what's expensive is Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods. 16.00 for one freaking cupcake.

We must have the BEST Wal Mart in the States, here in little ol' Mustang OK. Never have a problem with services or Employees. Don't get very many weirdos coming in either. The electronic games are pretty much the only thing locked up. A couple of weeks ago we stopped in one that was more downtown OKC. Dang near everything was locked up, employees were either rude or clueless, I will stick with the one in town for sure. Location, location, location.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.