Page 1 of 26 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Manson & The Manson Murders

Cayley Guest

Charles Manson & The Manson Murders

My mom worked for the Sheriff's Department (which I think was located in the Hall of Justice) at the time they brought Charles Manson in. They confiscated alot of things from him including poems and songs. My dad ended up with one of the handwritten songs and he always kept it in his copy of HELTER SKELTER. I always remember being fascinated by that book so I would take the song out and read it everytime I looked at the book. I don't remember any more of it except that it said Ooo, Aaah, alot.
    In the last years of my dad's life we were estranged. He struggled with depression, alcoholism, unemployment, etc. All of his belongings at some point were put into storage, and then the rent wasn't paid, and I assume the belongings were sold off. So someone out there now has a copy of HELTER SKELTER with a hand written Charles Manson original song.

Here we go, yet ANOTHER thread started on Charles Manson...

knothere Guest
    interesting story Cayley I'm chekin all the paperbacks I see at garage sales now lol

More Manson Murders

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

NOVSTORM Guest
    This does not surprise me in any way. They had cars on that ranch that belonged to other people,clothing and personal effects. I am sure that good old innocent Charlie had a lot to hide

Ms. K Guest
    It took 8 years to find Shorty Shea's body.

There were murders that have gone unsolved, and victims unidentified. The murder of Marina Habe is still unsolved, and there's the murder of a CHP officer's wife and her mother? aunt? female relative, at any rate, that is still unsolved, IIRC. There was at least one Jane Doe I can remember reading about, who has never been identified, either.

I am not even a little bit surprised that there could be remains buried on the ranch. They conned tons of people, stole from more, and because they picked up hitchhikers, runaways, and people who were considered "throwaways", no real suspicion.

Lucy Furr Guest
    I saw this on you tube a few weeks ago but didn't think much about it:

Human Remains at Barker Ranch ????-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD5gwdamoe8
    Last edited by Lucy Furr; 03-16-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Lita Guest
    I'm surprised that they waited this long to check. I don't know, with a guy like Manson, it seems like common sense to check under Barker Ranch for other bodies and evidence. They never found the clothes that the killers were wearing during the Tate murders. I think they were thrown down into Topanga Canyon weren't they? Didn't one of the people say that? Who knows who or what they'll find there.

manson family reunion

Charles Manson Family reunion. God, you gotta love Geraldo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTej_dRmqh4

DieLaughing Guest

Searchers find possible graves at Manson compound

The legend grows and the story continues to evolve:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/14/....ap/index.html

DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, California (AP) -- Bone-white stretches of salt, leached up from the lifeless soil, lay like a shroud over the high desert where a paranoid Charles Manson holed up after an orgy of murder nearly four decades ago.......
    Last edited by DieLaughing; 03-16-2008 at 09:07 PM.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DieLaughing View Post
    The legend grows and the story continues to evolve:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/14/....ap/index.html

DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, California (AP) -- Bone-white stretches of salt, leached up from the lifeless soil, lay like a shroud over the high desert where a paranoid Charles Manson holed up after an orgy of murder nearly four decades ago.......
    That doesn't suriprise me in the least. The entire Manson family was a bunch of insane freaks who didn't deserve to exist!

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Great 1st post, thank you for sharing. I am always looking for new information on the manson family.

Merged

SenorMuerto Guest
    Very interesting! Thanks for posting it!

Here's a little bit of history of the ranch as a filming location.

Make sure to read the cast members of some of the productions there.

A couple names me made go

If you ever wanted to know, 'what ever became of?' this website has a nice breakdown:
    http://charliesfamily.tripod.com/

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Very cool-all these years later!
    I will definitely follow this as new developments happen.
    Thanks for the posts.

amylynn Guest
    Not surprising..but most certainely interesting!

Maruz83 Guest
    You'd think they would have done this oh lets say 30 years ago !

Katie Guest
    I am not surprised this story is not over. I wonder if there is anyone in this world, who knows the death toll associated with Manson?

I don't think that we will all ever know what we really went down in the desert and who all is buried there. It's been way to long and we sure as hell know that Charlie ain't talking from that planet he's living on. But it is still so facinating after all this time.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

miz rosebud Guest
    That is a trip.they never thought of digging up that ranch before.Cmon we all know threes bodies out there were talking manson and his crazies!!!! who knows how many there gonna find.its all over the news out here in los skandlesss.I bet theres gonna be alot of devolpment on this story.

SenorMuerto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorMuerto View Post
    Very interesting! Thanks for posting it!

Here's a little bit of history of the ranch as a filming location.

Make sure to read the cast members of some of the productions there.

A couple names me made go
    Here's the link I meant to post. http://faculty.oxy.edu/jerry/spahn.htm

My earlier posting on this thread might make sense now!

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    I don't think that we will all ever know what we really went down in the desert and who all is buried there. It's been way to long and we sure as hell know that Charlie ain't talking from that planet he's living on. But it is still so facinating after all this time.
    I highly doubt Charlie can remember what the fuck all he did, honestly. I think the delusion has turned into dementia, really.

And we sure as hell know that the girls and Tex won't talk. Nope, they're not going to talk because they don't want to fuck up their chances of parole, or rather, the chances they think they have.

Anyone else? Either doesn't know that there were other murders at Barker Ranch, or they were too drugged out to remember anything, or they've died.

Lucy Furr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    If you ever wanted to know, 'what ever became of?' this website has a nice breakdown:
    http://charliesfamily.tripod.com/
    Ugh, butterfaces...each and every one.

knothere Guest
    woodnt surprise me if theres more than 3 and y did they take so long to look for more

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    I highly doubt Charlie can remember what the fuck all he did, honestly. I think the delusion has turned into dementia, really.

And we sure as hell know that the girls and Tex won't talk. Nope, they're not going to talk because they don't want to fuck up their chances of parole, or rather, the chances they think they have.

Anyone else? Either doesn't know that there were other murders at Barker Ranch, or they were too drugged out to remember anything, or they've died.
    im amazed that tex & the girlz think they have any chance for parole! delusion! cm didnt even go to his last one
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesmansonsbabygirl View Post
    im amazed that tex & the girlz think they have any chance for parole! delusion! cm didnt even go to his last one
    The reality is? Honestly, the girls have a better chance at parole than does Tex Watson....and out of all of them, probably Patricia Krenwinkle has the best chance.

Do I think they'll ever be paroled? Oh no. No, no, no. And I think the girls' recent lawsuits are not going to help their chances of parole.

But, I really doubt they'll ever be released. Not unless they get really, really, really good lawyers who can sucker the parole board. However, the parole board is filled with people who know exactly why those four are in prison....

MomOfThree Guest
    I agree that they will never get out of prison. I am surprised they never did a better search of the place. It only makes sense right? However I guess back then it wasn't that important seeing as they caught the killers of Sharon Tate. .. that was enough to get the cameras and attention. I don't think they can do anything about bodies found now being as it has been so long and proving would be to hard? They can only assume and will probably let it go or throw some more on Manson himself for kicks.

By the way I am Brandy. I am new to posting but not new to reading the posts!

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MomOfThree View Post
    I agree that they will never get out of prison. I am surprised they never did a better search of the place. It only makes sense right? However I guess back then it wasn't that important seeing as they caught the killers of Sharon Tate. .. that was enough to get the cameras and attention. I don't think they can do anything about bodies found now being as it has been so long and proving would be to hard? They can only assume and will probably let it go or throw some more on Manson himself for kicks.

By the way I am Brandy. I am new to posting but not new to reading the posts!
    Hi Brandy! Welcome to Find A Death!

It would have been good if they'd done a better, more thorough search of the place, but then, they didn't have any reason to search, you know? What were they really looking for? Shorty Shea's body? Not at Barker. Evidence concerning the murder of Marina Habe? Not likely. They didn't know they had any more to search for, you know?

Ugh. With forensics today, makes you wonder what would have happened if they'd had the technology available to criminalists today.

leeny994 Guest
    unfortunately i smell a Law and Order episode coming out of all of this...

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    The reality is? Honestly, the girls have a better chance at parole than does Tex Watson....and out of all of them, probably Patricia Krenwinkle has the best chance.

Do I think they'll ever be paroled? Oh no. No, no, no. And I think the girls' recent lawsuits are not going to help their chances of parole.

But, I really doubt they'll ever be released. Not unless they get really, really, really good lawyers who can sucker the parole board. However, the parole board is filled with people who know exactly why those four are in prison....
    I hope those fucking bitches rot to death in prison. They are getting what they deserve. If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I hope those fucking bitches rot to death in prison. They are getting what they deserve. If you can't do the time don't do the crime.
    I agree with you.

However, because their sentences were commuted from death to life with the possibility of parole? We have to put up with these bullshit parole hearings, and there is a possibility, no matter how slight, that they might be paroled.

God, I hope they aren't.

Daphne Guest

Ichy this is absolutely spellbinding, thank you for this find!

:hugs ich:

Me loved you long time lol

Scarsguardianstalkr Guest
    ive got to wonder though what they would be like if they got out like would they go back to practically worshipping cm and doing anything he says or would they just walk away and never be heard about again

Morbid1 Guest
    That is a great find!

Should be interesting when they start looking.

-Morbid1

kimmer927 Guest
    Hi ya'll
    We are up here right in the middle of all the new "investigations". The main problem with the new discoveries are a little complicated. The Barker Ranch has been turned into basically an off road destination for weekend folks on quads and dirt bikes. Plus where the ranch is located is technically Mono County and they have no extra $ to fund the digs of where the deputy dog is pinpointing the bodies/remains. A few years ago another group went over there and the same thing happened and they only came up with horse bones. No one can be sure how old the remains are so some are speculating they could be Paiute Indians or Shoshone.
    But there are many people in town and over in Trona that knew/partied/were part of Manson's group. They were never family members just drug dealers or users. Many stories have been told around town from people I really do trust that Charlie always had a party going on with the best drugs, most willing sex partners and was fun until he got his Hitler rants.
    We are covering it and hope Scott will agree to an interview, but it's still freaky to live this close. Family members with the "X" in the forehead do come into our town to purchase stuff and they just go about their business but it still freaks me bad.
    Sorry for the long post....

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmer927 View Post
    Hi ya'll
    We are up here right in the middle of all the new "investigations". The main problem with the new discoveries are a little complicated. The Barker Ranch has been turned into basically an off road destination for weekend folks on quads and dirt bikes. Plus where the ranch is located is technically Mono County and they have no extra $ to fund the digs of where the deputy dog is pinpointing the bodies/remains. A few years ago another group went over there and the same thing happened and they only came up with horse bones. No one can be sure how old the remains are so some are speculating they could be Paiute Indians or Shoshone.
    But there are many people in town and over in Trona that knew/partied/were part of Manson's group. They were never family members just drug dealers or users. Many stories have been told around town from people I really do trust that Charlie always had a party going on with the best drugs, most willing sex partners and was fun until he got his Hitler rants.
    We are covering it and hope Scott will agree to an interview, but it's still freaky to live this close. Family members with the "X" in the forehead do come into our town to purchase stuff and they just go about their business but it still freaks me bad.
    Great post!

More pics

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gal...7150-1,00.html

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Hi ya'll
    THAT is scary. I'd be freaked too.

Thanks for the updates Kimmer, I had always read that money was an issue in looking for bodies out there previously...this confirms it.

Ms. K Guest
    Hi ya'll
    Damn, I'd LOVE to talk to the people you know who knew Charlie back in the day!

I am just astonished that there are still members of the Family, let alone living there. Just freaky shit, dude. Freaky, freaky shit.

cherryghost Guest
    It sounds like there has been some type of recent tip off!

I wonder if one of manson's witch's said something!

Seems like its not just a random incident or thought that has got everyone involved again. The Australian papers are full of it here! Get those dogs and bulldozers out there! Spend some of that money that is wasted on their parole hearings on digging up the whole of "Death Valley"

Interesting post Kimmer! Thanks
    Last edited by cherryghost; 05-10-2009 at 06:40 PM.

SEL2323 Guest

Manson Trivia

OKay so my family and I do trivia every tues. night and this past tues. on of the category's was MANSON. I was like, YES! at least we will get that right. The question was " How many co-defendents did Manson have?" I said 3...The whole team wanted to buck me on it they were like no, no it was 4. I said put down 3 Tex wasn't on trial with the 3 girls and Manson. so they did and woohoo! I love it when im right

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Good for you!!! I love trivia and all my friends call me Jeopardy Judy because I know so many randoms things no one else does. My husband has called me from places to settle bets for him and his friends when it comes to trivia!

I think death hags have a natural affinity for trivia. We love to dig around in the past for things that have sparked our curiosity and are excited by what the future holds. I personally love to sit with a copy of either The People's Almanac or the Guinness World Records book.
    By reading these boards I've noticed one thing is inherently true, we death hags know how to live. We love our lives and don't take a single moment for granted.

MY favorite bit of trivia comes from the Guinness book. Longest surviving headless chicken. On September 10, 1945 a Wyandotte chicken named Mike had it's head chopped off but went on to survive for 18 months. Mike's owner, Lloyd Olsen fed and watered the headless chicken directly into his gullet with an eyedropper. Mike eventually choked to death on a corn kernel in an Arizona motel.
    How creepy is that? Yikes!
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva View Post
    MY favorite bit of trivia comes from the Guinness book. Longest surviving headless chicken. On September 10, 1945 a Wyandotte chicken named Mike had it's head chopped off but went on to survive for 18 months. Mike's owner, Lloyd Olsen fed and watered the headless chicken directly into his gullet with an eyedropper. Mike eventually choked to death on a corn kernel in an Arizona motel.
    How creepy is that? Yikes!
    I guess you learn something new everyday... I looked him up and here is the story on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

It says that he still tried to peck for food.

True or false: Manson's mother once traded him for a pitcher of beer.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

True or false: Manson's mother once traded him for a pitcher of beer.
    True
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    I guess you learn something new everyday... I looked him up and here is the story on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

It says that he still tried to peck for food.
    Egads that is a gross thought.

During his trial, Manson drew a picture of whom and what was it?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva View Post
    True
    Yep.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    During his trial, Manson drew a picture of whom and what was it?

you have me stumped