Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384546474849 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2757

Thread: Kurt Cobain

  1. #2301
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    a shame....
    that would have made people mad, huh? KURT COBAIN playing acoustic guitar....
    his little acoustic bit in concert, didn't go down all that well in the 90's.
    not that he gave a crap.
    1 (4).jpg
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  2. #2302
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  3. #2303
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    a shame....
    that would have made people mad, huh? KURT COBAIN playing acoustic guitar....
    his little acoustic bit in concert, didn't go down all that well in the 90's.
    not that he gave a crap.
    1 (4).jpg

    That's what made Kurt great! He didn't give a crap, with panache!

  4. #2304
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    that's true!
    now to con't the latest flap.....
    first chad channing was going to be inducted , in the HOF along with kurt , krist and dave.
    they even invited the guy to the ceremony....
    now he isn't. no one seems to know why.
    krist lobbied for it, so it's not him.
    I mean CHAD played on "bleach" which is the album that got them eligible.
    3.JPGyeloo.JPGyeah kurt whatever.JPGwork.JPG
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  5. #2305
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    Chad needs to be inducted too! He WAS part of Nirvana at that point!

  6. #2306
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    From what I read, Chad mistook his invite to the ceremony as him being inducted. It turns out that he was never going to be inducted along with Kurt, Dave, and Krist. Which blows because Chad most definitely deserves to be up there.

  7. #2307
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  8. #2308
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio (near Dayton)
    Posts
    1,809
    Wow!! what in the world? They wouldn't do this unless they had something to go on, right?
    "Dark clouds looming above the earth
    Another day without your soul
    Forecast fills with gloom and lack of mirth
    Within the Sea of Sorrow"
    ~~
    Suzanne Darrow~~

  9. #2309
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    Wow!! what in the world? They wouldn't do this unless they had something to go on, right?
    Nothing came of the Natalie Wood thing.

  10. #2310
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,409
    Nothing new was found with the Cobain thing either. I bet Courtney was shitting a brick there for a sec...

  11. #2311
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    big flap about those rolls of film...that "they were going to be released'
    who the HELL would want to see photos of that scene?
    and I thought of Frances.
    just NO.
    I did read that a cop was assigned to cold cases was going to 'review" the case.
    most odd. emmmmmm
    kurt.JPG
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  12. #2312
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cheesehead Country
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    big flap about those rolls of film...that "they were going to be released'
    who the HELL would want to see photos of that scene?
    and I thought of Frances.
    just NO.
    I did read that a cop was assigned to cold cases was going to 'review" the case.
    most odd. emmmmmm
    kurt.JPG

    ::meekly raises hand::

    I would look. I am a death hag after all
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

  13. #2313
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,042
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    ::meekly raises hand::

    I would look. I am a death hag after all
    Me too.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

  14. #2314
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    kurt might have been overrated but dave grohl wouldnt have made it without kurt. Dave grohl is not the better musician.

    Grohl is a better guitarist, songwriter, drummer, and vocalist. Cobains biggest hits are outright rip offs. There is a reason way even terrible guitarist can play his songs.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 03-20-2014 at 06:05 PM.

  15. #2315
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    I was speaking about his family........as a fellow death hag....I will look too! LOL
    now onto kurt and dave's talent....
    dave grohl is a genius drummer. I happen to like his songwriting also.
    kurt wasn't a great guitarist, no. and his voice, though I happen to like it, sounded like he gargled with gravel!
    when he sang within his range, it was a good voice.
    what was kurt's gift, was his melodies, and his lyrics.
    they aren't releasing the photos (I wouldn't put it past them to release them in april.) after all these rolls of film were supposedly destroyed....yeah right.
    these were the photos released. the works box.....kurt-cobain.jpgcobain21f-6-web.jpg
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  16. #2316
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    (hands over my eyes, and peeking through my fingers) I would look too! I wonder what kind of sunglasses those are? I know the thick, white sunglasses were Christian Roth, which, I am surprised, for Kurt, cost a friggin' fortune!

  17. #2317
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,694
    I know he killed himself but I'm really starting to think it was foul play
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  18. #2318
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023
    And someone has started a gofundme to buy the house to preserve... case anyones interested in contributing (wasnt me...)

  19. #2319
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    http://www.shootingfilm.net/2013/08/...-by-jesse.html

    kind of a sad article and some sad pics, especially the proofs towards the bottom.

  20. #2320
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    New photos of Kurt Cobain's death scene.

    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1226860777241
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  21. #2321
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    I can't believe he's been gone almost 20 yrs!
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  22. #2322
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Grohl is a better guitarist, songwriter, drummer, and vocalist. Cobains biggest hits are outright rip offs. There is a reason way even terrible guitarist can play his songs.

    ok. you have your opinion and i have mine. i used to love kurt, i once believed courtney had something to do with his death, read into tom grants bs. but that is all it is, bs. now that i am alot older, i do believe kurt was overrated. ok so his hits were rip offs, what musician doesnt lift something from someone else or get inspiration from? nirvana being inducted in the hall of fame, i dont believe they deserve it. they had how many hit albums. i dont know the rules for being inducted but there is better musicians out there that deserve the award over nirvana.

  23. #2323
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Natchez Ms
    Posts
    3,981
    I personally don't see the HOF as a competition but rather an acknowledgement of accomplishment. Other's are likely more deserving. That doesn't mean Nirvana is less untitled because if it. Tons of less talented musicians have helped to shape the industry. But they still have a greater impact than many of the most talented musicians. Think about Elvis. He popularized music that many people would've otherwise never heard. And because of his sex appeal he was able to influence the industry well beyond the people that created the music he performed. Does the king himself not deserve his place in the HOF? For that matter what sets the standard for good and lousy? Opinion that's what. Many people prefer Nirvana's sound over the bands they supposedly ripped off. Record sells prove it.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

    "Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

  24. #2324
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    It's all subjective. Nobody is right or wrong.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  25. #2325
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    But they changed the way music was going in the 90's. Many hard rock/ metal bands carried a hatred towards Nirvana for that. Maybe rightfully so. These are guys who live and breathe their instruments to be knocked out of the park buy a guy who untunes his guitar, plays a couple of cords, and sings out of tune. It was just the luck of the draw, what the kids were feeling at the time. Think of what older folks thought when Jimi Hendrix first made it big! HARUMPPH!

  26. #2326
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,219
    Am I the only person who hated Nirvana? I didn't think Kurt had one ounce of talent. However, I did not celebrate his death. I feel for anyone who is depressed enough to kill themselves. I don't care what anyone says about it being a cowardly act, etc. If you think that way then you have no idea what it's like to feel like it's your only option and to be in that deep, dark, place. It's a horrible feeling and I don't wish it on anyone.

  27. #2327
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Am I the only person who hated Nirvana? I didn't think Kurt had one ounce of talent. However, I did not celebrate his death. I feel for anyone who is depressed enough to kill themselves. I don't care what anyone says about it being a cowardly act, etc. If you think that way then you have no idea what it's like to feel like it's your only option and to be in that deep, dark, place. It's a horrible feeling and I don't wish it on anyone.
    thank you. I wish that Kurt had gotten some help instead of being a piss ant all his 'famous' life. He could have been happy. He could have done some therapy instead of illegal drugs.
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  28. #2328
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gulf coast of FL
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I can't believe he's been gone almost 20 yrs!
    Well THAT made me feel old! I can't believe it's been that long, either.

  29. #2329
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Am I the only person who hated Nirvana? I didn't think Kurt had one ounce of talent. However, I did not celebrate his death. I feel for anyone who is depressed enough to kill themselves. I don't care what anyone says about it being a cowardly act, etc. If you think that way then you have no idea what it's like to feel like it's your only option and to be in that deep, dark, place. It's a horrible feeling and I don't wish it on anyone.
    For me, I like Nirvana, their music brings back many good/bad memories for me. Reminds me of people I had in my life. But I was in a deep, dark place and found my way out. Many, MANY times. Just sad that someone whos music cheered me up was really at the end of his rope, and slipped off.

  30. #2330
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    speaking of kurt cobain, i seen a magazine of him at the checkout stand at the store. I looked it over and decided to buy it.

  31. #2331
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  32. #2332
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  33. #2333
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    All I remember is playing Sonic the hedgehog endlessly with Nevermind playing in the background.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 03-29-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  34. #2334
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    was it the Life magazine one? I got that one also....
    good pictures.
    i think so. i checked it, yeah it is.
    Last edited by RebelRocker; 03-29-2014 at 09:31 PM.

  35. #2335
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    774
    This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly did a nice piece about him and what his music would possibly have been like if he were still alive. Here's a small companion piece to that article:
    http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/03/27/k...t-beats-music/
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

  36. #2336
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    513
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

  37. #2337
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul One View Post
    From what I read, Chad mistook his invite to the ceremony as him being inducted. It turns out that he was never going to be inducted along with Kurt, Dave, and Krist. Which blows because Chad most definitely deserves to be up there.
    same thing with KISS, they only want to induct the original 4 members... meanwhile KISS has had about 6 or so new members since 1980.

    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    big flap about those rolls of film...that "they were going to be released'
    who the HELL would want to see photos of that scene?
    uh, everyone on this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Grohl is a better guitarist, songwriter, drummer, and vocalist. Cobains biggest hits are outright rip offs. There is a reason way even terrible guitarist can play his songs.
    I highly doubt we'd even know who Grohl was if not for Cobain. Kurts stuff being easy/catchy was a testament to his talent and it's not very hard to play Grohl's stuff either.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-31-2014 at 07:32 AM.


  38. #2338
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    same thing with KISS, they only want to induct the original 4 members... meanwhile KISS has had about 6 or so new members since 1980.
    Very interesting topic. I was a mad KISS fan back in the late 70's, which comprised the original four. When Eric Carr stepped in to replace Peter Criss I wasn't too fussed. Peter was sick, and Eric was the goods.

    In my opinion, between the five of them, they pretty much pumped out the iconic tracks and sounds of the band. The rest were fillers.

    I think KISS was right not choosing to be inducted unless it was the original four. Though not including Carr I think was a mistake.

    However, in later years, when the other performers stood in to make up the numbers, I think the bands best work was done.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  39. #2339
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Very interesting topic. I was a mad KISS fan back in the late 70's, which comprised the original four. When Eric Carr stepped in to replace Peter Criss I wasn't too fussed. Peter was sick, and Eric was the goods.

    In my opinion, between the five of them, they pretty much pumped out the iconic tracks and sounds of the band. The rest were fillers.

    I think KISS was right not choosing to be inducted unless it was the original four. Though not including Carr I think was a mistake.

    However, in later years, when the other performers stood in to make up the numbers, I think the bands best work was done.
    They will be inducted, the issue is Gene and Paul don't want to play with just Ace and Peter, they want the current lineup to be recognized as well. Fans are pissed because they feel the original 4 should just perform one last time and then go their separate ways but it most likely won't happen. Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer def deserve some props along with Eric Carr... they were involved on the "Revenge" album as well as the MTV Unplugged performance, both very good (musically).


  40. #2340
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    HJis mother said he had tried to kill himself how many timea? He didnt take his medicine for his depression, he shot up heroin, smoked pot and whatever else he put in his system and people think someone else killed him? He killed himself. He had been committing suicide for a long time slowly but surely. The people I feel sorry for are his Kid and his wife. His wife for being blamed for his death and having to live with that and his daughter whom he didnt think enough of to live for. How do you as a child live with that? Courtney is a lot of things but she isn't a killer, THey sometime go thru deaths that are celebs after so many years because all of the accusations come out on the annivrsary of these peoples deaths, Just like Natalie Wood. Every year there is another creep coming out and changing their story or writing a new book to make more money on her death. SAme with Cobain. There never was any evidene the he was murdered, I wish I could remember where I saw a few pictures of his body. Iyt showed his head (what was left of it, the gun at his feet where he dropped it and of course the needles and such next to him. Only his prints on the shotgun no one elses, no proof anyone else was in the room with him . I feel for his kid to have to live with this and to have to go thru this year after year with people blaming her mother.Too bad he wasted that talent by snuffing it out.

  41. #2341
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    The only thing that had me questioning Courtney, was that SHE WAS JUST AS BAD AS HIM. If she knew he was going downhill fast, she should have got herself help first, before harping on him. When you have two people doing heroin together, it is pretty much a suicide pact. We know every dose is a game of Roulette. There is no way somebody supposedly clean can live around a junkie, and recover, or merely tolerate it. Just like with smoking, for two people to quit, two people HAVE TO quit! I don't think she had Kurt killed, I just think she could have put Frances ahead of Kurt and gave him the choice to follow, or stay put. She could have cleaned up her act, and moved on from there. Maybe that's what she was doing in Los Angeles with Frances during Kurt's last days. A day late, and a dollar short.

    I remember Courtney once saying "tough love doesn't fck'n work!" Well, it doesn't work for your own children, but it sure does for a full grown stranger shacking up with you that you had a kid with, that is all messed up on smack. IMHO. Rant over. Thanks for your patience.

  42. #2342
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    HJis mother said he had tried to kill himself how many timea? He didnt take his medicine for his depression, he shot up heroin, smoked pot and whatever else he put in his system and people think someone else killed him? He killed himself. He had been committing suicide for a long time slowly but surely. The people I feel sorry for are his Kid and his wife. His wife for being blamed for his death and having to live with that and his daughter whom he didnt think enough of to live for. How do you as a child live with that? Courtney is a lot of things but she isn't a killer, THey sometime go thru deaths that are celebs after so many years because all of the accusations come out on the annivrsary of these peoples deaths, Just like Natalie Wood. Every year there is another creep coming out and changing their story or writing a new book to make more money on her death. SAme with Cobain. There never was any evidene the he was murdered, I wish I could remember where I saw a few pictures of his body. Iyt showed his head (what was left of it, the gun at his feet where he dropped it and of course the needles and such next to him. Only his prints on the shotgun no one elses, no proof anyone else was in the room with him . I feel for his kid to have to live with this and to have to go thru this year after year with people blaming her mother.Too bad he wasted that talent by snuffing it out.

    !!!Thank You!!!!

    Now - does anyone know what that "tube" is in the cigar box?
    My Posse's On Broadway

  43. #2343
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Photos from the end of Kurt Cobain's painful road.

    'When he arrived with a gun, I was a bit surprised,' photographer Youri Lenquette recalls

    http://news.yahoo.com/kurt-cobain-la...190324374.html
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  44. #2344
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,042
    This may upset a few of you (if its true):

    Courtney Love recently took a break from trying to put Robert Stack out of a job (don’t tell her he’s been dead for over 10 years; there are still mysteries that need solving!) to speak with NME for their issue commemorating the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s death. And since we’re talking about Courtney Love – the human equivalent of a question mark – she spoke less about her late husband and more about her desire to honor his legacy by writing a Broadway musical based on his life. Unfortunately (here we go) she just doesn’t have the means to make it happen on her own:
    “Both Frances and I have thought long and hard and agreed that if we can reach up to the highest shelf and select a team of the greatest and most respected writers, producers and directors, then a Broadway musical is very likely to happen. I would devote countless hours with an A-team to create a project that reflects Kurt in the most respectful but honest way possible, so that his story, his music and his legacy can be resurrected on stage for not only the world to see, but more importantly for our daughter to see.”
    Clickety-clack, girl; do what you gotta do. Personally I think this sounds like a great idea, but I have some suggestions that I think would really win this show some Tony Awards:
    1) Courtney Love plays every major character in the show, including Kurt, Dave Grohl, baby Frances, and in the scene where Nirvana meets RuPaul, RuPaul
    2) There’s a song in the second act called “The Mystery of the Missing Money” and it’s just Courtney walking up and down the aisles asking people for a couple bucks
    3) There’s also a song called “Can I Have Whatever Pills Are Floating Around the Bottom of Your Purse”
    4) Frances Bean is played by Andrew Rannells
    There, I just wrote you the next CATS. Hey Courtney, if you need another person for that A-team, give me a call (you can pay me in mystery solving). And in the event there’s a growing interest in Broadway musicals based on 90s-era grunge, I have a dynamite idea for a one-woman show about Blind Melon’s Bee Girl.

    www.dlisted.com
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

  45. #2345
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,313
    Post #2344

  46. #2346
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    1,085
    Just looked at the new death photos of Kurt. A few new, interesting ones. The one of his left hand, with the hospital band still on, was very sad. If I remember correctly, he had recently been admitted to rehab, but then left shortly after. Was this the hospital band from the rehab facility?

    Also, is there an actual, full body shot of his death photo out there? I searched today, after seeing the new photos that were released, and the only one I could find (of him from the side, with the shotgun in his hand) looks fake and photoshopped. I can assume that it's not real.

    The only other photo I've seen of his actual body was released years ago, and it's a view from outside the greenhouse garage, looking through the doorway. It's a partial picture of his leg and right arm, with a policeman squatting down near his foot. Any thoughts?

    Anyway, my son Lucas will be 10 tomorrow, which is the 20th anniversary of Kurt's death. It's grey, drizzly and chilly here in NJ, which is very Seattle-like weather, so lots of thoughts of Kurt today.
    "The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse..."

  47. #2347
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Also, is there an actual, full body shot of his death photo out there?.
    If there was, I'm sure it would have made its rounds already. I'm sure it exists but doubt it was ever made public or leaked, maybe one day.


  48. #2348
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    This may upset a few of you (if its true):

    Courtney Love recently took a break from trying to put Robert Stack out of a job (don’t tell her he’s been dead for over 10 years; there are still mysteries that need solving!) to speak with NME for their issue commemorating the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s death. And since we’re talking about Courtney Love – the human equivalent of a question mark – she spoke less about her late husband and more about her desire to honor his legacy by writing a Broadway musical based on his life. Unfortunately (here we go) she just doesn’t have the means to make it happen on her own:
    “Both Frances and I have thought long and hard and agreed that if we can reach up to the highest shelf and select a team of the greatest and most respected writers, producers and directors, then a Broadway musical is very likely to happen. I would devote countless hours with an A-team to create a project that reflects Kurt in the most respectful but honest way possible, so that his story, his music and his legacy can be resurrected on stage for not only the world to see, but more importantly for our daughter to see.”
    Clickety-clack, girl; do what you gotta do. Personally I think this sounds like a great idea, but I have some suggestions that I think would really win this show some Tony Awards:
    1) Courtney Love plays every major character in the show, including Kurt, Dave Grohl, baby Frances, and in the scene where Nirvana meets RuPaul, RuPaul
    2) There’s a song in the second act called “The Mystery of the Missing Money” and it’s just Courtney walking up and down the aisles asking people for a couple bucks
    3) There’s also a song called “Can I Have Whatever Pills Are Floating Around the Bottom of Your Purse”
    4) Frances Bean is played by Andrew Rannells
    There, I just wrote you the next CATS. Hey Courtney, if you need another person for that A-team, give me a call (you can pay me in mystery solving). And in the event there’s a growing interest in Broadway musicals based on 90s-era grunge, I have a dynamite idea for a one-woman show about Blind Melon’s Bee Girl.

    www.dlisted.com

    yes i feel sick. I hope this story doesnt come true.

  49. #2349
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245
    there are new photos................
    you can see the wound on his thumb...where they pried the shotgun out of his hand....
    and the shotgun shells.
    asshats.JPGasshats2.JPG
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  50. #2350
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,245

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •