Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze

cynnbox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    The cast of Roadhouse isn't doing too well lately. First Jeff Healey, now Patrick Swayze. Sam Elliot, Ben Gazzara.....stay low.

Due to Patrick's unfortunate illness, I understand they have hastily thrown together a script for Ghost 2. Below is a brief snippet of what we might expect:

sorry, but that is LOL funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    What's going on with Sam Elliott? He was my mom's all time favorite!
    Nothing yet - we just made the comment that the folks from the movie Roadhouse were dropping like flies. First Jeff Healey and now (possibly) Swayze. It's the whole 3 people curse.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

cynnbox Guest

Dylgem22 Guest
    Originally Posted by Snoopy
    Wow he's so young too! If it's true Pancreatic Cancer is a bad one..slim chance of survival! That's the type Michael Landon had wasn't it?

My Grandmother passed away from Pancreatic Cancer almost 10 years ago .. she was diagnosed with it when it was too late .. she was given 6 mos. to live but the managed to live about a year and a half passed that! So we were all happy about that .. she was a small woman in life and when she passed, she was hardly recognizeable! Cancer is a sad and serious illness!

My mom was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma and is now in her second round of chemo .. the first round sent her into remission for about 2 years .. it came back, but they are confident this time it will go into remission much longer!

Back to Patrick .. I love him in DD and also To Wong Foo .. great flicks!!

Guest Guest
    I am crushed!

totally love the guy...she's like the wind is one of my favorite songs...he and his wifes marriage is remarkable...this guy has survived through a lot and it's just so sad that this is happening to him...well it's sad when it happens to anybody..but wow...I'm totally stunned!

smellslikealmonds Guest

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Nothing yet - we just made the comment that the folks from the movie Roadhouse were dropping like flies. First Jeff Healey and now (possibly) Swayze. It's the whole 3 people curse.
    I hate to ask the question about Jeff Healy in this thread but I must know. What happened to him? I hadn't heard anything...

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    The cast of Roadhouse isn't doing too well lately. First Jeff Healey, now Patrick Swayze. Sam Elliot, Ben Gazzara.....stay low.

Due to Patrick's unfortunate illness, I understand they have hastily thrown together a script for Ghost 2. Below is a brief snippet of what we might expect:

Sam Elliott, lay low.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    I hate to ask the question about Jeff Healy in this thread but I must know. What happened to him? I hadn't heard anything...
    Retinablastoma (sp)

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Got ya!

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    Oh wow bummer...

smellslikealmonds Guest
    People.com reports it too.
    Damn.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    Retinablastoma (sp)
    TWO DAYS AGO??? I looked on IMDB. How did I miss this??? This is all too much for my poor heart to take. It's just breaking bit by bit!

Clevelanddeathfan Guest
    I hope it is not true. The Outsiders, Dirty Dancing, To Wong Foo, Road House. These are good movies with a very nice looking man! If it is true, then I hope all the best for him and his family.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelanddeathfan View Post
    I hope it is not true. The Outsiders, Dirty Dancing, To Wong Foo, Road House. These are good movies with a very nice looking man! If it is true, then I hope all the best for him and his family.
    People.com said it's not as bad as some reports say, but it's not good in either case. This one is going to bother me for a while...

cynnbox Guest
    Patrick Swayze is remaining optimistic, despite his recent diagnosis with pancreatic cancer.
    The actor's publicist released this statement Wednesday afternoon:
    "Actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.' Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."
    [Image via Mavrix Online.]

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelanddeathfan View Post
    Ahh, yes... he is precious... but don't forget the Made For TV Epic Mini Series "The North and South." God, I was in 8th grade and wanted to f@ck him!

Hopefully he's okay, Perez (barf) has a source saying he's on the set (cheerleading movie?? instant death!) and is looking good.

Good Good or Cancer Good? Let us bow our heads...

knothere Guest
    this thread will be moved soon enuff

Ruffian Guest
    This is what it says on TMZ: "TMZ has confirmed reports that actor Patrick Swayze is suffering from cancer.

Swayze's publicist issued the following statement to TMZ: "Actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment."

The statement continues, "Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.' Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

That's a horrid cancer; fast and destructive. How sad.

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I love me some Swayze, even if I'm not a fan of DD. He's just gold in To Wong Foo. I hate to say it though, usually when they come out with 'oh his doctor said blah blah blah' doesn't it usually mean the end is near? Or is it just me?

Reecy Guest
    My heart is breaking because Patrick is one of my favorite actors. I hope he lives a long long time. ((((((PATRICK)))))) hugs to you.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    Ahh, yes... he is precious... but don't forget the Made For TV Epic Mini Series "The North and South." God, I was in 8th grade and wanted to f@ck him!

Hopefully he's okay, Perez (barf) has a source saying he's on the set (cheerleading movie?? instant death!) and is looking good.

Good Good or Cancer Good? Let us bow our heads...
    My dad was just talking about "North and South" just a few minutes ago. He loves "Roadhouse" too. I just called my sister and left her a message. I am just beside myself...

Nope, according to TmZ and other "reliable sources", it's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

mike Guest
    He will be in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I placed the link to the enquirers story in the first few posts.
    Sincerest apologies.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Poor Patrick!! I just pray for him and no matter what I hope he doesnt suffer. Dirty Dancing came out when I was like 8 ish? Made me wanna be a dancer Anywhoo, hes in my thoughts.
    Unbelievable.

The funniest thing I ever saw was the male stripper dance with Chris Farley and Patrick on SNL. I am not giving up hope yet!

Helby Guest
    Don't worry he will go all Roadhouse on the cancer.....
    Noone puts baby in a corner...

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Helby View Post
    Don't worry he will go all Roadhouse on the cancer.....
    Noone puts baby in a corner...

I hope he does roadhousethe cancer!!!!!

Mrs F Guest
    I was taken aback by how much this bummed me out. I am the first to admit I have done more than my fair share of mocking of The Swaz but I really enjoyed him too. Not much of an actor but he could be fun. Poor Ms. Vida Boehme.

Patrick Swayze's movies are a "guilty pleasure" of mine. I have just about all of them on DVD.

Ghost is one of my favorites.

One of the drivers at my job has pancreatic cancer and is going thru radiation and chemo - and still working! He gets frequent nose bleeds from it, but he'd rather be out doing deliveries for the company than sitting at home and thinking about everything. I give that man A LOT of credit. He's respected by quite a few people at the company for his courage with what he's going thru. His doctor's are giving him good reports - since they did catch it early.

I saw him coming into a gay bar here drunk off his ass. Was around 92 or 93. Never cared too much for him, but I definitely hope its not true that he has 5 months to live.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jazbabee Guest
    People.com said it's not as bad as some reports say, but it's not good in either case. This one is going to bother me for a while...
    I don't want to be all doom and gloom, but don't fool yourselves.....pancreatic is among the worst. He has one hell of a fight ahead of him, and I truly hope he beats it !!!!!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I can't count how many times I've watched the ultra cheesy yet oh so loveable Dirty Dancing.

And who could forget his SNL skit at the Chippendale Dancer audition with Chris Farley?

I wish him godspeed. Pancreatic cancer is horrific.
    I'll just quote you, Mrs. Watson, as I couldn't agree more. I will add, though, that I have also watched "Ghost" a million times. Fabulous movie.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    This is breaking my heart...this is one person I don't want to see death pics of!

Martini Guest
    So sad. Who didn't fall in love with Patrick in Dirty Dancing? And then in Ghost. Let's send all our love and prayers to his family.

Here's a little Dirty Dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLWz...eature=related

endsleigh03 Guest
    All over TV now. Really sad.
    He and his wife have been together since 1975.
    I always admired the strength of that marriage....

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Sincerest apologies.
    No problem!!

simon69 Guest

Unhappy Patrick Swayze Has 5 Weeks To Live

NATIONAL ENQUIRER WORLD EXCLUSIVE: PATRICK SWAYZE HAS 5 WEEKS TO LIVE

Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live, The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has learned.

In a shocking world exclusive, The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has uncovered the devastating news that the beloved Hollywood actor and dancer was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs.

Swayze's rep confirmed the sad news Wednesday. Full details are in the print edition of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER that goes on sale Thursday.

For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful.

Patrick and his wife Lisa Niemi â?? who both have pilot's licenses â?? have been flying their private Beechcraft plane into Palo Alto's airport, minutes away from the Stanford Cancer Center, where the actor has received outpatient treatment.

He received three doses of chemotherapy and the tumor shrank, but less than his doctors had hoped for â?? and Patrick was told he should prepare for the end.

"He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding. In short - they held out little hope for a cure," said an insider.

The man who danced into the hearts of audiences worldwide in the 1980s in Dirty Dancing and then broke them in the poignant love story Ghost in the early '90s has lost more than 20 pounds in the past few weeks and is restricted to a liquid diet because he has trouble keeping down solid food, added the insider.

"It's time to start praying for a miracle."

bluebear71 Guest
    I just caught the story today on the news, I've been kinda busy lately. I really hope he pulls through.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    You guys might wanna check in here:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6018

No need for two active threads of the same ilk.

MbalmR Guest
    To my limited knowledge, pancreatic cancer kicks the ass of everyone who gets it, no matter how early it's diagnosed. I'm not an oncologist though, so I may be wrong.

bluebear71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    To my limited knowledge, pancreatic cancer kicks the ass of everyone who gets it, no matter how early it's diagnosed. I'm not an oncologist though, so I may be wrong.
    I've also heard that same thing. I believe its one of the more difficult to treat. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    sad to say he probably wont make it a year

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    It could be true because celebrities have made light of illnesses in the past and then died from them. I heard he lost 20 pounds from being sick, it's quite possible we may lose him soon

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I don't want to be all doom and gloom, but don't fool yourselves.....pancreatic is among the worst. He has one hell of a fight ahead of him, and I truly hope he beats it !!!!!
    Oh, I would have to say it is the worst, but that's only because I saw my mother battle if your a year and a half. I wish I could show a pic before she was sick and a pic taken about a week before she died. She's not even recognizable... My father refuses to look at it and they were divorced 15 years earlier!

Usually pancreatic cancer isn't caught until it starts causing pain. That's what made my mother go to the doctor. She kept having pain like a gallbladder attack but had had her gallbladder removed 6 months earlier. She was diagnosed stage 4 and they gave her 6 months to 3 years to live.

This story just hits so close to home for me. I mean, I was 10 when Dirty Dancing came out. Patrick Swayze has always been one of my favorites. I know this might be a bad example, but for me, it's like when my dad heard John Wayne had died, or when Micky Mantle was diagnosed with cancer. It affected him. Just makes me sad...

I've lurked here for awhile, but I finally registered so I can post. I love Partrick Swayze and have since college. He's amazingly sexy. What sent me over the top was listening to him in an interview talk about how he loved his wife to his core. He also talked about how rude it was for people to pinch his rear in front of his wife. He's a great looking man, who actually loves and is loyal to his wife - that's really sexy.

I hated seeing on the news page that this had happened to him. It also said it's a 5% survival rate. I hope he can be one of the 5%.

Danny62 Guest
    Patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer typically have a poor prognosis partly because the cancer usually causes no symptoms early on, leading to metastatic disease at time of diagnosis. Median survival from diagnosis is around 3 to 6 months; 5-year survival is much less than 5% With 37,170 new diagnoses in the United States every year, and 33,700 deaths, pancreatic cancer has the highest fatality rate of all cancers and is the fourth highest cancer killer in the United States among both men and women.

From Wikipedia

dovescry1999 Guest
    Truly sad news.
    Everyone has a favorite movie, but "To Wong Foo..." "Red Dawn" are my favs. I hated "Dirty"
    I hope to God this is overstated, and it's not as bad as everone is saying. Truly heartbreaking...
    Prayers, and Wishes to he and his family...

Flowergrrl Guest
    Oh, I would have to say it is the worst, but that's only because I saw my mother battle if your a year and a half. I wish I could show a pic before she was sick and a pic taken about a week before she died. She's not even recognizable... My father refuses to look at it and they were divorced 15 years earlier!
    I'm sorry your family had to go through that. Cancer is a horrible way to die no matter what type it is but I have to agree that this seems to be one of the worst kinds.

I also wanted to add, I've heard that on the T.V. now it HAS apparently spread to other areas of his body. I know there's been a few posts about how serious it was, so I don't know if it's true, that's just what I've heard.
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 03-05-2008 at 09:17 PM.