Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1228

Thread: How about the Worst song you ever heard?

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    i hate all of bryan adams music. especially that robinhood one.

never could stand starship 'we built this city'.

plus there are so many over rated songs.

i will always love you
    my heart will go on

i remember back in '92 when i lived in an apartment the chick above me would play i will always love you over and over again. right above my bedroom while i was trying to sleep. she must have had a baaaaad breakup!

oh and all those power ballads from the late 80's by various hairbands (carrie by europe, every rose has it's thorn by poison, etc)
    Every time I hear "My Heart Will Go On" I want to stab something/someone perhaps my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by intothelight View Post
    Every time I hear "My Heart Will Go On" I want to stab something/someone perhaps my ears.
    I don't blame Kate Winslet for hating that song.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

DrDeath Guest
    Celine Dion has admitted she's sick of it now. I liked it for about a week. The rest of the soundtrack was good.

Daphne and Celeste released some horrors. Have you heard Metallica covering Whisky In The Jar? Wrong! Aqua's Barbie Girl which is a shame as they released a cracking ballad a few months later from the Sliding Doors soundtrack and it was largely ignored.

Mind you this thread will have a life of it's own soon as Cheryl Cole/Tweedy/WHATEVER is releasing a new album.

Redbelle Guest
    I was recently introduced to something called a kesha. Very strange creature. Brushes her teeth with whiskey and likes to have sex in the back of cars. Worst of all, she sounds like someone got drunk behind the sound board and pushed all the buttons. Teenage daughter loves her. Go figure.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbelle View Post
    I was recently introduced to something called a kesha. Very strange creature. Brushes her teeth with whiskey and likes to have sex in the back of cars. Worst of all, she sounds like someone got drunk behind the sound board and pushed all the buttons. Teenage daughter loves her. Go figure.
    Another reason why I don't listen to music radio anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbelle View Post
    Sounds like a type of monster you would find in a D&D or WoW type of game.

DrDeath Guest
    Ah yes one is familiar with this Thing. Child liked one song and one duet and proclaimed her 'so over' and moved onto GnR

Redbelle Guest
    Your child is wise. My child is loud.

alicecooper91 Guest
    When I was maybe 3 or 4 my dad had to learn to play Achy Breaky Heart for some event so it ended up getting played around the house a few times while he was practicing. It became one of my toddler favorites and I would make my parents play it all the time, I'm surprised they don't hate me now haha.

Here's a gem from Scott Stapp:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fof40yqaW1U

First of all his voice always pisses me off. Second of all...the lyrics. Seriously?

Vandalay Guest
    OK, you can forget about Celine, Bryan Adams, or even Rebecca Black, THIS is the worst song you will EVER hear....

If you aren't drinking yet, you will be

Redbelle Guest
    That's gotta be a spoof right? Right? She can't really think she can sing can she?

Those guys in the cowboy outfits SO don't wanna be there.

Vandalay Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    Those guys in the cowboy outfits SO don't wanna be there.
    I hope they were paid well,..I don't think it's a spoof,..Having lived in Nashville, I can assure you there's many more like her

OK. That wins for me....blech

Tiger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I have his "Love Songs" cd and I love it. I especially like his song "The One." "Crocodile Rock" just sucks!
    I have the Same CD..I love Crocodile Rock..to each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalay View Post
    OK, you can forget about Celine, Bryan Adams, or even Rebecca Black, THIS is the worst song you will EVER hear....

If you aren't drinking yet, you will be
    That's definitely horrible. I had to research her to find out if she's for real:

http://www.dfw.com/2012/05/01/615245...out-viral.html

Some of the comments support the idea that the song itself actually isn't *that* bad, it's her singing that's awful. But she ain't no Bob Dylan neither.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

She looks just like Linda Hogan (Hulk's ex). *cringe*

The oldies station just played "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family. I think I liked it when it came out--I was maybe 9 years old? But wow, is it BAD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by editrix View Post
    The oldies station just played "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family. I think I liked it when it came out--I was maybe 9 years old? But wow, is it BAD!!!!!
    I love Voice of the Beehive's cover of it though.
    That 3 Second Rule is horrible. I wouldn't doubt it's real though, like Vandelay said. Wouldn't surprise me at all that she really thinks she can sing and is sexy. She's probably proud of herself for not using autotune.

Awww, I still love "I Think I Love You!" I was a real Partridge family fan back in the day. Still have a soft spot for them. Still remember the songs!! And I am still the one who loves the "uncool" songs.
    Name:  Wizard of Oz Shoes.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  17.8 KB

I love my bf, but sometimes his musical taste is questionable. I cannot STAND "Afternoon Delight," and he loves it. Sorry, honey, that song is the definition of SUXXOR.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    I love my bf, but sometimes his musical taste is questionable. I cannot STAND "Afternoon Delight," and he loves it. Sorry, honey, that song is the definition of SUXXOR.
    OMG, Don't marry him....that song is one of my two most hated songs, just reading the name makes my ears bleed....the other one being Muskrat Love....lol..but that other one, your BF likes.....omg, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...lol....I'd say run for the hills...lol I can't even say the name, it will probably be stuck in my head now.....better put something on the headphones and go to bed.....ewwwwwyuck.

He was brought up in a really strict Christian family, so he didn't get to listen to too much music, or watch tv. I'm TOTALLY using that as his defense, since I have NO IDEA why he likes that song. Bless his heart, when we first met, he made me a CD, and you should've heard all the bad tunes. I love it, though, because he put a lot of work into it, but WHEW! stinky musical taste!

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I love Voice of the Beehive's cover of it though.
    That 3 Second Rule is horrible. I wouldn't doubt it's real though, like Vandelay said. Wouldn't surprise me at all that she really thinks she can sing and is sexy. She's probably proud of herself for not using autotune.
    Voice of the Beehive were superb full stop!

Firework. Katy effing Perry. Have I ever felt like a plastic bag? First time I heard that I nearly put my foot through the car stereo. And that's not easy to do

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Firework. Katy effing Perry. Have I ever felt like a plastic bag? First time I heard that I nearly put my foot through the car stereo. And that's not easy to do
    I feel your pain. If it's any Katy Perry song I despite the most, it's "Firework." I'm not going against her message, but the song is just...grating at best.

DrDeath Guest
    I liked Christina Agriculture's Beautiful. Same message yes? So why do an inferior song? Dear me......

Nothing infuriates me more than a bad lyric

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    I liked Christina Agriculture's Beautiful. Same message yes? So why do an inferior song? Dear me......

Nothing infuriates me more than a bad lyric
    True; sometimes, even one bad lyric CAN be enough to completely ruin a song.

I DETEST anything by Taylor Swift. Honestly, what ruins her music for me is the fact that I've seen her on live shows, and she can't sing her way out of a paper bag. Also, she's always singing about being rejected. Get creative, girl! Just get some tips from your gf, Bieber!

Also, she's always singing about being rejected. Get creative, girl!
    Agreed. I also dislike how she supposedly writes songs about (against?) the latest guy to break up with her. Making a song that disses the other person doesn't really make you any better than them.

intothelight Guest
    I DETEST anything by Taylor Swift. Honestly, what ruins her music for me is the fact that I've seen her on live shows, and she can't sing her way out of a paper bag. Also, she's always singing about being rejected. Get creative, girl! Just get some tips from your gf, Bieber!
    Yes I cannot stand her! All the same crap and sound.

Anyone remember that earworm "Hooked On a Feeling"?
    I rate right up there on the nausea meter with the Partridge Family

I can't stand Walking on Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves. That song sucks so bad!

Mammy Guest
    What about "Don't Give Up On Us Baby" by David Soul? A person could go into diabetic shock from all of the syrupy sweet bullshit in that song. It's dreadful.

I don't like Taylor Swift either and have no idea how she got popular. She always has her face scrunched up like she smells a fart.

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin76 View Post
    I can't stand Walking on Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves. That song sucks so bad!
    Ugh me too. Whenever I hear it I have to leave the room

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin76 View Post
    The year it came out, it got airplay about 1-3 times per hour. Hearing that song actually gave me a migraine. When I hear it now, though, it's just annoying...thankfully no headache! I think my main beefs with the song are: only three chords, and she shouts "Ahm walkin' on sunshine, WHOA" about seven hundred and fifty-three times.

The only other song that got beaten to death more than this one on my local rock radio station at the time was...and I hesitate to type it out loud for fear it will come back a la Candyman, Candyman, Candyman...

"Sussudio" by Phil Collins. Just say the word, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, Su-Sussudio!
    Is it stuck in your head yet?
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    What about "Don't Give Up On Us Baby" by David Soul? A person could go into diabetic shock from all of the syrupy sweet bullshit in that song. It's dreadful.
    One of my college professors was a good friend of David Soul. Not sure if that is still case since I haven't talked to him since college and that was 21 years ago but anyway I can remember one day in class when this song was brought up. Not only did the professor say he didn't care for it but if memory serves I believe he said David Soul didn't like it either from day one. Now I know singers just like actors may change their taste over the years and regret doing something they felt was cool the first time around but to cut a song they don't even like at all right off the bat, I guess the money must had been just too good to pass up.
    Last edited by choff; 07-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Mammy Guest
    I'm a mushy, sentimental person and that song is just too much. It is on YouTube and some of his pained expressions along with the syrupy lyrics just nauseate me. I agree that the money had to be good to sing a song that you can't stand knowing you will be linked to it forever. It's horrible.

DrDeath Guest
    Google The Passenger by Elton John. Keeps coming up on Song Pop. Dreadful. Like the worst kind of nursery rhyme

This one may have been mentioned before, but is so bad and at the same time very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    This one may have been mentioned before, but is so bad and at the same time very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8
    This. Is. Freaking. AWESOME. Poor Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, using His own right hand to face-palm...
    I used to play at a summer Christian-music festival, and many genres were represented: I played with an alt-rock praise band and also with a Christian jazz combo whose singer would read Scriptures in between tunes. There was even death-metal-type music: "JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! ARR-AR-AR-ARRRR! RUH-RUH-RUH!!!"...(or that's what the lyrics sounded like when growled over the speed-metal drumming)...and in front of that band was the most polite mosh pit you ever saw: guys slamming into one another repeatedly, but asking Hey Brother, are you okay? Nifty!

*HOWEVER*...there was ... ... ... NO ... ... ... SKA. This is my very first time hearing ska praise music. Something about that is even more hilarious than the Jesus-speed-death-mosh.

ajlposh Guest
    I;ve changed my list some

1. The Christmas Shoes
    2. Pound on My Muffin
    3. Spectacular
    4. Stupid Hoe
    5. Break Up
    6. Deuces
    7. The Sprout and the Bean
    8. Birthday Sex
    9. Barbie Girl
    10. A Milli
    11. Diva
    12. I Can Transform Ya
    13. Oxygen
    14. Tonight (I’m F*ckin’ You)
    15. Doctor in Distress
    16. Crank Dat
    17. Jam (Turn It Up)
    18. Hot Problems
    19. Lollipop
    20. What’s Up
    21. Mistletoe
    22. Love You Like A Love Song
    23. Look at Me Now
    24. Bedrock
    25. Down On Me
    26. If Everyone Cared
    27. You’re Having My Baby
    28. When a Man Loves a Woman
    29. Shave ‘Em Dry
    30. One Time

YuukaK Guest
    I'm going to be a grumpy old fart (even though I'm only 33) and say anything considered music today in the pop category as well as dubstep.
    Last edited by YuukaK; 09-04-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Accidentally gave my age wrong. *laughs*

I find Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" to be so long and boring, it could've been used at Gitmo in place of waterboarding or whatever they did down there...
    I wouldn't hate on that song so much if it wasn't for the contractual stipulation that one of the Sirius/XM radio stations has, of playing it twice a day forever. I hear it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    I;ve changed my list some

1. The Christmas Shoes
    2. Pound on My Muffin
    3. Spectacular
    4. Stupid Hoe
    5. Break Up
    6. Deuces
    7. The Sprout and the Bean
    8. Birthday Sex
    9. Barbie Girl
    10. A Milli
    11. Diva
    12. I Can Transform Ya
    13. Oxygen
    14. Tonight (I’m F*ckin’ You)
    15. Doctor in Distress
    16. Crank Dat
    17. Jam (Turn It Up)
    18. Hot Problems
    19. Lollipop
    20. What’s Up
    21. Mistletoe
    22. Love You Like A Love Song
    23. Look at Me Now
    24. Bedrock
    25. Down On Me
    26. If Everyone Cared
    27. You’re Having My Baby
    28. When a Man Loves a Woman
    29. Shave ‘Em Dry
    30. One Time
    Ouch. I've actually heard half the songs on your list and I guess it's safe to assume that I'm better off not knowing about the rest.

Dick In A Box
    Horse With No Name
    MacArthur Park (The "Someone left the cake out in the rain" song)
    Afternoon Delight (Though, I have to sing along with it...Because it's funny. Same goes with Dick In A Box)

That's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 09-07-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Porkyrinds Guest
    Ahh, we had a quote for those songs "K-Tel Hell" .. examples Seasons In The Sun, Kung-Fu Fighting, ahh and personal fav, oh heck.. "Daddy Please Don't, it wasn't his fault, he means so much to me" "Daddy Please Don't, We're gonna get Married, Just you wait and See!" - Run, Joey Run By David Geddes. That part sticks in my head, lol..
    But Song I hated the worst was from Popeye: The Movie, with Robin Williams... Shelley Duvall singing about Bluto, can't think of the name, but the phrase "But He's Large" keeps sticking in my mind! Quick search turned up the fact that it's name is "He's Large" But really, there are always some old ones and new ones that come to mind when you aren't thinking about them, that's the worst part of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Porkyrinds View Post
    A
    But Song I hated the worst was from Popeye: The Movie, with Robin Williams... Shelley Duvall singing about Bluto, can't think of the name, but the phrase "But He's Large" keeps sticking in my mind! Quick search turned up the fact that it's name is "He's Large" But really, there are always some old ones and new ones that come to mind when you aren't thinking about them, that's the worst part of it!
    Oh my..POPEYE..THE MOVIE !!!

Back in the early 80's my uncle and aunt ( sadly both are now deceased ) tried and tried for years to get our local cable company to expand service to their community. Well to make a long story short they succeeded and in 1982 they finally were able to get cable at their house. of course they signed up for HBO ( Showtime wasn't even on the radar then )..and the first movie they saw on this thing called HBO ?? POPEYE !! The hated the movie so much that they had HBO ( and cable ) disconnected soon afterward and they went back to using that good ol'fashioned antenna. They never did went back to cable.

Welcome, Porkyrinds! Excellent blast from the past with the K-Tel reference. I always wondered who in their right mind would buy that crap! Seasons in the Sun...blerf!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Welcome, Porkyrinds! Excellent blast from the past with the K-Tel reference. I always wondered who in their right mind would buy that crap! Seasons in the Sun...blerf!
    Actually, I'm rather partial to Seasons in the Sun, although Jacques Brel certainly wrote much better songs.

If "Seasons in the Sun" turns your stomach, then "The Old Folks" will positively make you wretch. A little lyrics sample:

The old folks dream no more
    The books have gone to sleep, the piano's out of tune
    The little cat is dead and no more do they sing
    On a Sunday afternoon
    The old folks move no more, their world's become too small
    Their bodies feel like lead
    They might look out the window or else sit in a chair
    Or else they stay in bed

I like this song too, but the bit about the little cat being dead does kind of seem like overkill. The original French version is even sadder.

Last edited by Rosebud666; 09-08-2012 at 10:43 AM.

"Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd, that the stations around here seems OBSESSED with playing, is downright awful.

She sounds totally obnoxious, especially when she says 'Remember all the things that you and I did first?', like she's trying to sound all cutesy and failing. There are those random 'UGH!'s peppered in there, and the message of the song? She breaks up with the guy, expecting him to come crawling back to stroke her ego, but he gets with another girl and isn't all hung up and crying over her! GASP! How dare he?! Now she wants him back, not 'cause she actually cares, but because someone else has him and she's jealous and all 'I had you first!'. Like a two-year-old that wants a toy just because another kid has it. Shitty, shitty song. I can't change the station fast enough when it comes on.