Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1228

Thread: How about the Worst song you ever heard?

Worst song I've ever heard?

Anything by Taylor Swift.

Wendy A. Guest
    Cheesy song from the 70's "You're having my baby"
    This song makes me wanna hurl everytime I hear it.

Worst song is by: Diesel, called: Sausalito Summer nights.
    (1981)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Wendy A. Guest
    Any attempt at singing by Yoko Ono! Nails on a chalkboard is soothing compared to that mess.

black-cats-meow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Cheesy song from the 70's "You're having my baby"
    This song makes me wanna hurl everytime I hear it.
    That song is deff. the worst from the 70s. But can I just say most modern music is pretty God awful?

Copperhead Road.

I can't remember who sings it, but it drives me craaaaaaaazy.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by black-cats-meow View Post
    That song is deff. the worst from the 70s. But can I just say most modern music is pretty God awful?
    Agreed! Nicki Minaj comes to mind..

new one to add....

Michael Buble..."Haven't Met You Yet"

JAWS1975 Guest
    Anything by U2.

The cover of the Had The Time Of My Life song used in the sandals resort commercial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcBVkCBRGAM
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Copperhead Road.

I can't remember who sings it, but it drives me craaaaaaaazy.
    That would be the great Steve Earle.

You probably really ought to "best stay away from Copperhead Road."

Maybe "Christmastime in Washington" would be more to your liking.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 09-29-2012 at 10:33 PM.

"Telephone Man" from the 70's, I have no idea who sings it, but it is the absolute worst song ever. Come to think of it, there were a lot of songs from the 70's that only made it on the air because DJ's were bribed with cocaine from what I've heard. "Disco Duck" and "Convoy" were pretty bad too...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

UniPolarMommaBear Guest
    OMG - Love me like my dog does. Barf.

Absolutely !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

My turn:
    Anything by Justin Bieber or any rap crap song
    A horse with no name by America-hate this song with a passion-dumbest song ever
    most country (beer drinking, pick up trucking, crying because my wife and dog left me) songs
    the song "I will walk 500 miles" by those geeky looking nerdy twin guys- horrible song
    any song such as the Macerena or dumb dance song
    Don't worry be happy

Wasting Away in Margaritaville. Played too much on radio too.

And any rap "songs". Too much hate and negative energies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    "Telephone Man" from the 70's, I have no idea who sings it, but it is the absolute worst song ever. Come to think of it, there were a lot of songs from the 70's that only made it on the air because DJ's were bribed with cocaine from what I've heard. "Disco Duck" and "Convoy" were pretty bad too...
    The late Meri Wilson had "Telephone Man". "Disco Duck" by Rick Dees only became a hit pretty much do to his employment as a dick jockey at WHBQ in Memphis whose owner was RKO General. Oddly enough WHBQ wouldn't play Disco Duck.."conflict of interest" but RKO at the time had also owned Los Angeles' KHJ Radio. KHJ like NYC's WABC and WOR-FM, no matter how bad a song really is just by having it aired on one of those three stations in the 60s & 70s was more than enough to make it a hit much like it was with MTV in the 80s. Wouldn't be surprised at all if there were "coke deals" or any other bribes back then....I also wouldn't be surprised if this sort of thing still continue today between the music companies and Iheart Media aka...Clear Channel Communications.

Payola will never go away, it just gets different names every now and then.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I don't even classify rap as music. But the worst HIT SONGS to me are:

Feelings
    Telephone Man
    Undercover Angel
    The Pina Colada Song
    Indiana Wants Me
    Honey
    I Just Want To Rock And Roll All Night
    Seasons in the Sun
    Do You Know What I Mean?
    Dimme Dat Ding

I also can't stand Reeling In The Years, but a lot of that is from over-playing.

And every time I hear David Lee Roth give that little squeal -- which he does several times on every one of his songs -- I change the station.

Robert Plant's voice annoys the hell out of me too, as does Janis Joplin's.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 12-14-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Some critic said We Built This City is the worst song ever and a lot of people believed him, but it's not. It's OK.

And I don't think anyone here has ragged on this one yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_9cQrsn1e4

I don't see how anybody can hate what Bob Dylan did up until the mid-Seventies. After that though he did start to suck.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 12-14-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Wild Man Fischer - My Name is Larry
    Although it's so bad it's almost good.

Not Fade Away Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    I don't see how anybody can hate what Bob Dylan did up until the mid-Seventies. After that though he did start to suck.
    Aww, I disagree! I love Dylan's entire catalogue, but his modern albums starting with Time out of Mind in 1997 are arguably some of this best! Probably my favorite era, as much as I appreciate his earlier output.

Doughbake1 Guest
    This has got to be the mother of all terrible songs - Agadoo by Black Lace.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Why were the CIA wasting their time playing Brittney Spears incessantly as an alleged means of torture, when material such as this is available?

An hour or two listening to this at high volume on a continuous loop and they'd be pleading for mercy. There'd be no need for no waterboarding shit. LOL

For me, this is about as unbearable as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fymw5ie9Zd4

There was this song called "Cruel to be Kind" on the Muzak rotation at this place that worked. I would rather be stabbed in the ear with shards of a broken cd that contained audio of Alan Alda repeating the phrase "Hey guys!" over and over again, then ever hear that song again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Not fond of that song either but your rant cracked me up.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Billy Weathersby Guest
    The Christmas Song by Mel Torme

Quote Originally Posted by Doughbake1 View Post
    This has got to be the mother of all terrible songs - Agadoo by Black Lace.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Why were the CIA wasting their time playing Brittney Spears incessantly as an alleged means of torture, when material such as this is available?

An hour or two listening to this at high volume on a continuous loop and they'd be pleading for mercy. There'd be no need for no waterboarding shit. LOL
    That brings back god awful memories for us who were teenagers in the 80s. Every school disco, family gathering etc meant you were were carted out to dance to that and their other...it seems wrong to even call them songs. As bad as Agadoo was though, it seemed like a classic compared to Superman. That dance still makes me shiver.

I'm pretty sure I just found the worst song EVER. The video makes it even more hideous. WARNING: It's a bit explicit, no nudity but some touchy/feely stuff and innuendos. Have a towel handy... your ears are going to bleed lol. Edit: deleted the link. I rewatched and it does show a butt. If you want to google it the name of the song is "Ooh You Touch My Tralala".
    Last edited by RosiesRed; 02-06-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anything rap. I loathe "that rap crap." And Robin Thicke's song "Blurred Lines." Great beat, terrible lyrics.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Anything rap. I loathe "that rap crap." And Robin Thicke's song "Blurred Lines." Great beat, terrible lyrics.

Let me chime in and agree wholeheartedly. Rap should be used instead of water boarding.....it would be a much more effective way to lossen up the tongues of ISIS and the Taliban.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

human Guest
    this stuff makes me want to join isis -- what's a call to arms song from the west ? --- Hank Williams Jr ? - i like him cos he tried - but ........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLyxNi6sI7s

Last edited by human; 02-06-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Anything rap I can't stand. I remember thinking when I heard We Built This City, this is the same woman who sang White Rabbit.. why Grace why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Anything rap I can't stand. I remember thinking when I heard We Built This City, this is the same woman who sang White Rabbit.. why Grace why ?
    I am curious as to her thoughts about "We Built This City" is today ?? Isn't she now into art or something like that nowadays ?? Many years ago my parents went to Las Vegas and while there they met Clint Holmes, the singer who gave us the infamous 1973 tune "Playground In My Mind". From what they had told me he was very nice and all...that is until my mother had brought up that song. "..hey weren't you that singer who had did that song that I heard on the radio back in the day..something like..my name is Michael..I got a nickel..shiny and new ???" . Apparently Clint Holmes didn't want to be reminded of that song as he just rolled his eyes and walked away. Conversation ended !!
    Last edited by choff; 02-08-2015 at 11:01 PM.

MacArthur Park in any form (Donna Summer or the original dude who sang it)

Horrible, terrible mess of a song.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    I am curious as to her thoughts about "We Built This City" is today ?? . . .
    I don't know what everybody has against We Built this City. I love that song. Granted, it's not as good as some of their self-penned efforts like "Never Argue with a German When You're Tired", but Bark was an exceptional album.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishhead View Post
    MacArthur Park in any form (Donna Summer or the original dude who sang it)

Horrible, terrible mess of a song.
    Awww . . . Jimmy Webb forgives you, but now all of his sweet green icing is flowing down.

He should, however, have given that song to his go-to guy Glen Campbell, because Richard Harris couldn't sing his way out of a paper bag. Even William Shatner is a better singer than he was.

Oh yeah . . . Glen nails it:

Last edited by Rosebud666; 02-09-2015 at 12:31 AM.

human Guest
    nearly 183 million views -- this song must either be good or i'm mocking the afflicted

Last edited by human; 02-08-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Doughbake1 Guest
    If you want to see and hear something truly awful, take a look at this.....

Last edited by Doughbake1; 02-10-2015 at 05:10 AM.

Doughbake1 Guest
    And this too is quite horrific to behold......

Quote Originally Posted by Doughbake1 View Post
    If you want to see and hear something truly awful, take a look at this.....

I am shamed to admit it but I know the dance. It was one of the songs we were always forced to get up to at school and xmas discos. That, Music Man and the Birdie Song.

There are so many songs that I hate but I'll just name a few:

Bette Midler - The Rose
    Ann Lee - Two Times
    Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At
    Bob Sinclair - Love Generation
    Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I am shamed to admit it but I know the dance. It was one of the songs we were always forced to get up to at school and xmas discos. That, Music Man and the Birdie Song.
    Hahahaha, I have never seen this before, what the hell were they all taking to make this video. Surely they must have all been high as kites, lol

Bohemian Rhapsody. I HATE that song.

There's quite a few but recently it's the song Walk on Water by 30 Seconds to Mars. Damn, it's TERRIBLE and I loved their first two albums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldnâ??t consider these two songs to be â??the worstâ? songs- But I cannot get through either one without bursting into tears~ Daddy donâ??t you walk so fast by Wayne Newton and Hurt by Christina Aguilera, both sad songs IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    I wouldn’t consider these two songs to be “the worst” songs- But I cannot get through either one without bursting into tears~ Daddy don’t you walk so fast by Wayne Newton and Hurt by Christina Aguilera, both sad songs IMO.
    I have to agree with Hurt. It's one of those songs that give you goosebumps whenever you hear it.

My hatred for We Built This City by Starship goes back years. When I was in college, the guy across the hall would play it on repeat for hours at a time. I'll be happy if I never hear it again.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

Someone may have mention this one but I remember a godawful song from the 1960s called "johnny get angry". It was sung by Joanie Sommers and about a girl who wants somethig more from her boyrfriend. Part of the lyrics go "I want a brave man, I want a cave man". Made me want to cover my ears whenever I hear it.

I don't like anything I've ever heard by Supertramp except "Goodbye Stranger" which I love and which evokes childhood memories.