Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13202122
Results 1,051 to 1,074 of 1074

Thread: Darlie Routier

Quote Originally Posted by Here2Opine View Post
    Christopher Berry-Dee has a new book out, "Online Killers..."
    A very good look into the murders that Darlie committed in the chapter "The Dog That Didn't Bark".
    He really knows her well and see thru all of the BS.
    The newest one I saw was from last year called Shared Maddness, the online killers is from 2010 and it's about killers who stalked and found their victims online which as why would he put Darlie in there she didn't find her victims on the internet, even though she is listed in his book and then there is one about Dead Men Walking true stories of the most evil men and women on death row that was published in 2011. Thanks for the heads up may have to get both of the ones that are mentioned.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 02-13-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    " gang-banged by Maybelline"...good one, Ria.

I hope the give her the needle soon, got my pom-poms ready.
    Don't forget the silly string!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Well they don't "roll on three" anymore, but I totally agree with your post. LOL
    LOL I kinda wondered if they did (no.... what I wondered was: Would anyone here call me out on it?) Haha... you don't spit into the wind and you don't fool THESE folks EVER, haha!

Add me to another of the (no, not "sick" -- I prefer the term "justice-thirsty" -- individuals who was hoping, at last, for a death date. I can't lie; I KNOW it must be a NIGHTMARE to realize it's coming (think she does... realize it, I mean? I would.... you would.... but she's of a, ah, different cloth, see.... I've no idea) -- and I love thinking she's getting scared. We all know we're going to die, but when you find out pretty much when (happened to me... was harder than anything I'd ever done in my 51 years -- still is) when we realize when it's going to happen. It's a denial, then a panic, then a desperate sort of.... kind of begging God to intervene, then it's (for me, it's trying stupid gimmicks to avoid it.)
    But what's that they say about how you have to give in to the grim reaper.... can't think of it. 'cause he's, he's coming. For her, maybe reality isn't like it is for you or I, but it's gotta be creeping into her psyche... "Soon I will cease to be; the world wants me to not be alive." That would suck SO bad.... not to make a joke; it would!
    God, poor Drake.... I wonder if he knows yet that they are NOT murdering an innocent woman? I bet if he doesn't, he soon will, and he'll say so. He's not gonna act dumb/ignorant just to go along with his crazy family.... just a hunch. He'll realize: "God, that could've been me that night, too.... so, so easily." And his loyalties will go where they belong: to himself. Godspeed, Drake.
    Hope he has an especially blessed rest-of-his-life.... it's been just heartbreaking so far. (Upside: He won't have to keep making those pain-in-the-ass trips to the prison much longer!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

I think late at night when Darlie is alone with her thoughts, she's scared shitless. I think during the day she's got her innocent face plastered on and when she's got visitors, she's got her little girl being bullied by the big bad mean State of Texas face/voice on so she can get some lonely men out there who feel like she needs him to protect her (by way of adding money into her prison account or donating money to her defense fund). She will continue to tell the world she's innocent but I think secretly she prays to God and confesses to him every single day. I'm not sure whether the State will ever execute her but I do know that one day she'll die, just like the rest of us, and she'll have to face Him about what she's done and let's face it, for those of us who believe in Him, that's a million times scarier than being executed by the State.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

The thing that puzzles me the most is... why hasn't she been executed already, what's the hold-up? This is TEXAS, and a death row inmate has at best 10 years, and here we are coming up on 20 since she's been convicted. I just don't get it at all...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    The thing that puzzles me the most is... why hasn't she been executed already, what's the hold-up? This is TEXAS, and a death row inmate has at best 10 years, and here we are coming up on 20 since she's been convicted. I just don't get it at all...
    I live a few minutes from where she killed the boys. She's a female housewife and there is a hold up with the DNA evidence in that if the tests the defense requests are conducted, it will require using all of the available evidence and no judge has the balls to order it to be done.
    Minerva

I apologize if this is covered earlier in the thread. If so, just let me know. Anyway. . .

Does anyone have any info on Darlie or her parents? Are they still living and what they did for a living? What did Darlie do before she got married? I saw the Dateline report on her recently, and she struck me as someone who had some modest family roots, but lucked up with a husband who was doing really well during the tech boom in the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick SKillet Mayhand View Post
    I apologize if this is covered earlier in the thread. If so, just let me know. Anyway. . .

Does anyone have any info on Darlie or her parents? Are they still living and what they did for a living? What did Darlie do before she got married? I saw the Dateline report on her recently, and she struck me as someone who had some modest family roots, but lucked up with a husband who was doing really well during the tech boom in the 1990s.
    I read thru the thread, Didn't see nything pertaining to "where are they now?" But what happened to her "husband"? He seemed like a weak little turncoat to me.

During June 2011, Darin Routier filed for divorce. He said that the decision to divorce was mutual and "very difficult" and that he still believes his wife is innocent. He said that they decided to divorce to end the "limbo" that they had been in since her arrest and conviction. He has remarried and has had more children with his new wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick SKillet Mayhand View Post

I don't think her father was ever in the picture but her mom worked at a company and was probably middle class/lower middle class. I don't want to name the company her mother worked at. Darin had a couple good years but they quickly got under water and over their heads and were experiencing pretty heavy bills and nonpayments.

The local news did a little blurb about the killer the other night so the bitch once again is being discussed instead of executed. Shame.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-years-on.html
    Last edited by McCourt; 06-05-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    Minerva

It totally amazes me to read some of the conspiracy theories from those that don't want to believe she did it, and yet the forensics are all there... the cast-off blood on the back of her right shoulder from the clothing she was wearing, the undisturbed dust on the window sill where the supposed intruder entered into the garage, the knife found in the holder with the screen fiber from where it was cut still on it, the lack of any bloody footprints of the supposed intruder fleeing the scene, and a bloody sock found in an alley with the boy's DNA on it... not placed in the trash can it was found next to it, the yappy dog upstairs that never made a peep during the intruder's "visit", the broken wine glass sitting on TOP of Darlie's blood... how can that be refuted?
    --William Shakespeare!

State's Exhibit No. 71-C is a photograph of a pair of Darin's shoes next to some sort of trunk by the front door. The shoes are sneakers (or trainers for our UK Hags). They are not high tops but they're not regular sneakers either. Sort of high tops. Anyway, these shoes appear to be laced all the way up or very close to all the way. If Darin had worn these sneakers and took them off, he would need to unlace them more than they were in the photo. None of the prosecutors had mentioned these shoes but to me, its possible that Darlie slipped them on when she was staging the scene and then slipped them off by the front door, leaving them almost laced all the way to the top. Probably not a Perry Mason smoking gun courtroom moment, but to me its significant.
    Minerva

Please forgive my ignorance, but from the top of this page, what does the phrase "roll on three" mean? I've done a search and can't find a definition. Its driving me crazy! (Granted that's not a long drive )
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, but from the top of this page, what does the phrase "roll on three" mean? I've done a search and can't find a definition. Its driving me crazy! (Granted that's not a long drive )
    Its back from when they used the electric chair as a means of execution. They count down and on "three," they would flip the switch that is the big surge of electricity.
    Minerva

Has anyone watched "The Last Defense" about Darlie's case? I've read "Precious Angels" by Barbara Davis on this case and I'm convinced the woman is guilty. I know the author has since changed her stance and thinks Darlie's innocent. I'm not so sure....
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

She's guilty as hell, if someone did break in, why didn't they take out the biggest threat? That would be the first parent they come across followed by the second parent, also who the hell goes to their children's graves and does a silly string fight, to me she is celebrating, I know people grieve in different ways, but to do a silly string fight not long after the children have died, yeah...something screams she did it right off the bat.

Mannnnnn.... This one STILL has me flip floppin' all around. I have really enjoyed the special that's been airing, it does make ya think...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    She's guilty as hell, if someone did break in, why didn't they take out the biggest threat? That would be the first parent they come across followed by the second parent, also who the hell goes to their children's graves and does a silly string fight, to me she is celebrating, I know people grieve in different ways, but to do a silly string fight not long after the children have died, yeah...something screams she did it right off the bat.
    YES!!!!! Everything points to Darlie being guilty. This series is making me think twice but I still think she's guilty.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Damn, nice rack.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I saw the ABC series The Last Defense, and although they bring some things up that could point to her innocence, it isn't compelling enough to sway me. I would like to think she's not guilty of something so horrendous, but again... where are the bloody footprints leading out of the house? All the evidence that was used to convict her is still there. Btw... Darlie has not aged well in prison.
    --William Shakespeare!

I've just watched the TV prog about Darlie over here in the UK. There are certain things that reminds me of the McCanns ,who claim their daughter was abducted whilst on holiday in Portugal .Darlie's lack of open, uncontrollable grief - not shown by the McCanns either .The mind boggling thought that they could kill their own child ,which makes some people doubt that they could do such a thing .In the U.S. people question Darlie's execution date never coming round and you have to wonder why ?With the McCann's they are still being given financial help from the government to keep the search going ,and you wonder why are they are receiving this special treatment ? I do wonder if either case will ever come to an end and if there will ever be justice for the children involved .

EverytimeI see this thread pop I come to see if her execution date has been decided or if she has been executed or killed by another inmate.

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I've just watched the TV prog about Darlie over here in the UK. There are certain things that reminds me of the McCanns ,who claim their daughter was abducted whilst on holiday in Portugal .Darlie's lack of open, uncontrollable grief - not shown by the McCanns either .The mind boggling thought that they could kill their own child ,which makes some people doubt that they could do such a thing .In the U.S. people question Darlie's execution date never coming round and you have to wonder why ?With the McCann's they are still being given financial help from the government to keep the search going ,and you wonder why are they are receiving this special treatment ? I do wonder if either case will ever come to an end and if there will ever be justice for the children involved .
    The Madeline issue is a farce now. Any time a missing child is spoken about in the news, we are told there isn't enough money for thorough searches yet everytime they put their hands out, they get what they ask for. It's all down to who they are. If it was Jo Doe from Greenock, they would still be in jail now yet they two didn't even seem to get a tap on the wrist.

As for Darlie, I've watched a few shows about her and I really don't get how anyone can think she was innocent. I've never lost a child and hope to god I never do but that is now the way you mourn no matter how many times someone says everybody grieves differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I saw the ABC series The Last Defense, and although they bring some things up that could point to her innocence, it isn't compelling enough to sway me. I would like to think she's not guilty of something so horrendous, but again... where are the bloody footprints leading out of the house? All the evidence that was used to convict her is still there. Btw... Darlie has not aged well in prison.
    does anyone age well in prison?! If so, I need the name of their doctor because I can only imagine what they could do with a relatively ‘young’ head start!

In in all seriousness, I don’t see how she could be innocent. I understand how some can justify it to themselves—men especially. I say this as a female who is reasonably attractive & has the kind of soft Jackie O kind of voice. I’m shy. Soft spoken. And I’ve seen where it can make men want to protect me.

based on evidence & what I’ve read about the case, my argument always goes back to Jeffrey McDonald & his bag of crazy: any intruder is far more likely to take out their biggest threat. In this case, that would be darlie. She isn’t male, but clearly she’d be much more of a threat than two little boys. That she had relatively minor wounds doesn’t make sense when her kids were killed. Even the most heartless of killers, unless they’re also pedos, usually won’t kill kids as revenge or whatever other crazy idea she’s stated over the years.

I cant recall every detail right off anymore but while I’ve never considered the silly string video to be damning as many do, there’s so much more that just makes me believe she’s off. I’m not big on capital punishment in the sense that it makes me uncomfortable because I couldn’t play executioner & make a potential mistake. That said, I too have wondered why she’s still here. Texas of all States loves the death penalty & they’re typically quick to carry it out in comparison to others.