Thread: Bob Barker

Bob Barker

There may be a lot of stories about him, but you have to give him credit for being on television as long as he has.

Any thoughts?

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I get the dirty old man vibe from him.

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I get the dirty old man vibe from him.

Me too!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

1karenhb Guest
    He rates high in my book because of his animal rights activism.

hlh004 Guest
    SO lets hear some stories...
    I was ALWAYS curious about that man

Come on'
    STORY TIME!!

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hlh004 View Post
    SO lets hear some stories...
    I was ALWAYS curious about that man

Come on'
    STORY TIME!!

Well, he was sued for sexual harrassment at the age of, like, 75 by one of the Barker's Beauties... Which makes him a role model in my book. :thumbsup: (not the harrassment part, the part about still being interested in sex at that age.)

RLR12 Guest
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but, I don't care how many asses he grabbed without invitation, I love Bob Barker! I remember when I was home sick as a kid, I would always feel well enough by 11am to come down and lie on the couch to watch the Price is Right. I may have even faked sick a few times so I could stay home and watch it.

I really like him too because of his commitment to animal welfare. He has actually been a vegetarian for a long time. He is a dirty old man with a conscience! haha

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    Well, he was sued for sexual harrassment at the age of, like, 75 by one of the Barker's Beauties... Which makes him a role model in my book. :thumbsup: (not the harrassment part, the part about still being interested in sex at that age.)
    I'm impressed that he could still get it up at that age.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Bob Barker always struck me as a CREEP.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    The show was great, and I always got a nice vibe. But every article I read about him, he comes off like he's a mean-spirited prick who's also a pervert. Well, I guess it's not a pervert when you go after a little hot number like Dian, but it's not a good idea while at work.

Danny62 Guest
    Him and Richard Dawson were the game show studs back in the day!!! I bet they grabbed more asses and kissed more women then Wilt Chamberlain fucked?

His microphone seems to have gotten bigger over the years.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    My students adored Bob Barker. For some reason he was a hit with the college crowd. I can't tell you how many times my students showed up late for my 11:00 class because they were watching Bob.

There was a group from our college that trekked out to CA to see him over spring break.

This isn't earth shattering news or anything but they did say that he's dipped in makeup. Spackle-like. Not too surprising.

Even though he's probably a 'pawer' he's likable.

Overtaxed Guest
    You GET the DOM vibe from him?!?!? HELLO, he may be the KING of Dirty Old Men! I guess his ratings were too good for CBS to ever reel him in on the sexual harassment, condescending and blantant sexism he always shows. I mean, really, in the PC world, who else would get away with calling his Silicone-inflated models his "BEAUTIES?"

PlumCrazyPurple Guest
    I loved the line, "The price is wrong...bitch!"

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I must say, he had a nice subtle way of making fun of the dumb contestants without them knowing it and that was entertaining to watch.

kelbons Guest
    Come on down!!!!

I haven't watched "The Price is Right" since he left.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Geeze, I thought I was going to open this thread and find out he was dead. Isn't he like 102? Started acting back in the colisieum days?

I've always gotten the DOM vibe, as well, but he's offset it at least a little by his animal activism. Not that it makes it right, but dot dot dot.

I loved his part in Happy Gilmore. Wonder how much acting that really was?

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    Come on down!!!!

I haven't watched "The Price is Right" since he left.
    What a joke for a replacement...sorry I can't stand him!!! I can't think of his name but he has NO charisma in my eyes at all!!!! Drew Carrey. He is about as worthless as Jay Leno!!! How Jay Leno is so popular blows me a away...can you so BORING!!!!!!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I liked Drew Carey in his show, at first. It got stale after a while. Maybe it's because I've always loved Mott The Hoople's song, Cleveland Rocks and that used to be the theme song.

He just isn't a good fit for The Price Is Right, however.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    The Enquirer has run a couple of articles that Drew Carey is failing miserably on the Price is Right. You had to stand in line to attend with Bob Barker. The Enquirer says that they cannot fill the audience area during taping so that have to be careful when the shoot the audience, and they also have been paying rehab centers to send their patients to fill the seats. No, really, that's what it said.

bluebear71 Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89uVWN2cuew

I always laugh my ass off when I see this clip.

I hope all the best for him.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Closing this thread as he has now passed away.