Thread: How Would You Like To Be Remembered?

How Would You Like To Be Remembered?

The "Burial"/"Cremation" thread got me to thinking.....

How would you like to be remembered after your passing?

I don't mean to get all "preachy" on yunz but for me...I'd like to be remembered as a man who tried to live the way that God wanted me to live my life and that I was hopefully a blessing and encouragement and friend to everyone I met.

Anybody else?

*HUGS FOR EVERYONE*
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

leevancleef Guest
    Hi Tony!
    Good question.
    i want to be remembered as a nice and generous person. That would be enough for me.

Noelle Page Guest
    A good mother. As Jackie Kennedy once wisely said, if you fuck up that job it really doesn't much matter what else you do. She said it classier, of course.

Kugmu Guest
    There is a used bookstore here on Hollywood Blvd. Years ago they had an employee named Joseph.
    One day I went to the store and they had a big picture on the door stating that Joseph had recently passed away.
    I said something like ??Wow, that??s too bad. He was a nice man.?
    The woman at the counter said, ??Ya know, that??s what everybody says.?
    He was a nice man. I would not mind being remembered in that way.
    That??s how I still remember Joseph.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    I'd liked to be remember as a good Mother too. But in addition to that I would like to remembered as the smart ass that I truly like to be.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    But in addition to that I would like to remembered as the smart ass that I truly like to be.

Thank God that asshole is dead.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Just, fondly.

minimomny Guest
    For being a fun person. Oh, and full of sarcasim!

Elizabeth Guest

Giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    A good mother. As Jackie Kennedy once wisely said, if you fuck up that job it really doesn't much matter what else you do. She said it classier, of course.
    I am laughing thinking of Jacqueline (pronounce it "Jack-leen", people, like she liked it) Bouvier Kennedy Onassis saying "fuck"

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    I just want to be remembered. One of my biggest fears about dying is that I'm no longer going to be remembered. I know it's silly because my famiy/friends love me. However, I want to be remembered when important things happen in my family's lives like birthdays, weddings, graduations, et et. I just want them to say, "I wish she was here!" I know that we always remember our loved one's when they die, especially during their b-days, death anniversaries, Christmas, et. But I want my loved ones to remember me even when it's not a major "date" in the calender. I want them to remember me when they are happy as well.

I'm not even sure if I'm making any sense or if I'm sounding too self-centered but I think about this from time to time.

Reecy Guest
    I want people to remember me as a person who was a good mother and
    kind
    funny
    loved music
    good heart

That's all.

motherogod Guest
    I'll most definitely be remembered for my potty mouth and sense of humor, and I don't mind that at all. Of course, I was just joking last week that all that will come to my funeral are the community's seriously mentally ill because I spend more time with them than my family or friends! That would suck, to be remembered as a woman who spent a lot of time at work.

I think something needs to change.

djdeath-hag Guest
    For having a wicked sense of humor....for having laughed more at myself than others...for having loved without condition...for being a good caretaker, especially of animals. But then again, how about for having beaten the odds.....me included! (ODD that is!)

Snudgie Guest
    Ill be remembered because it'll be considerably quieter...with no incessant talking and insane giggling every 30 seconds!

Xtine Guest
    as a sexy bitch!

j/k i don't really know.....
    {i'll get back to you}

Snoopy Guest
    I think I'd like to be remembered as a good mother, a good wife,someone who faught for her family,was kind and didn't leave someone in need to go it alone,someone who liked to laugh.

Carrie Guest
    I would like to be remembered as having the ability to make others laugh...of never acting my age...and living life on my terms.

phirerednga Guest
    I asked my kids one time what they would remember about me after I am gone. All three said that I spent time with them, not just time in front of the tv. I would take each one individually to do special things with them. They all said they already have special memories.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I want to be remembered as someone who always said what I thought and didn't care what anyone thought.
    Also would like to be remembered as a good mother. (At least I hope I am)

Guest Guest
    As the complicated, Bitchy, opinionated, funny smart ass yet giving and emotional person that I am...I want my boy to remember our times together and that no matter what "I love him forever" and will always be with him

I certainly DON'T want to be remembered for that brief period after my divorce where I got "that reputation"...hey! I'm human and it was a ruff patch....yet a lot of fun!...tee hee hee

I just want to be remembered as someone that would help anyone out even when my times were difficult...as someone who could make anyone laugh and also who stood up for herself and others...and yes I want to be remembered as a bit of an enigma...there is no one is this world that TRULY knows me...maybe by the time I do die somebody will?

spoiledkitty Guest
    I would like to be remembered as a kind and wonderful person that made a difference in everyone's life I touched... I also would like to be remembered for the fact that I judge noone I accept all types(would explain my difference in friends)