Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Show/Favorite Rocky Horror Song

Mach2 Guest
    I saw the origonal Rocky Horror and didnt get it. Dunno what the fuss was about. The movie was stupid.

Noelle Page Guest
    I'm with Halogirl, I'd watch MM do "Sweet Transvestite"....it would probably not be very good, but I'd still like to see his take.....much darker surely....
    Hell, I'd like to see Tom Cruise do it! Imagine!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    I saw the origonal Rocky Horror and didnt get it. Dunno what the fuss was about. The movie was stupid.
    HDYBI goes into a nervous jerk, foams at mouth, eyes roll back in head, imminent seizure....AHHHHHHHH!H!HH!H!H!HH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    I mean this in the nicest possible way Mach2 because I honestly believe that you could "get it." I'm thinking you're young, by the way, right?

Anyway, rent the DVD, remove the stick from your ass, have a couple of cocktails to lighten up your mood and watch it a few times. If you don't get it then, you never will.

To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Neon, you are my hero...

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Someone should start a petition to not remake this movie. When this thread came up the other day I looked for email addresses and phone number contacts incase anyone wanted to send their thoughts about this to the people financing this POS, I had no real luck. Let's hope the project falls apart or they come to the realization that they need to leave this one alone!

FYI: MTV Films is a subsidiary or Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox is a subsidiary of News Corporation. Good luck at getting to any real contacts to complain about this.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncandy View Post
    i mean this in the nicest possible way mach2 because i honestly believe that you could "get it." i'm thinking you're young, by the way, right?

Anyway, rent the dvd, remove the stick from your ass, have a couple of cocktails to lighten up your mood and watch it a few times. If you don't get it then, you never will.

:d:d:d

.....true that

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I have an idea.

Re-release the ORIGINAL Rocky Horror Picture Show...And let all the talentless hacks they're thinking about throwing into those unmatchable roles WATCH it!

There will never be a Frank who can out-Frank Tim Curry.

EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    Someone should start a petition to not remake this movie. When this thread came up the other day I looked for email addresses and phone number contacts incase anyone wanted to send their thoughts about this to the people financing this POS, I had no real luck. Let's hope the project falls apart or they come to the realization that they need to leave this one alone!

FYI: MTV Films is a subsidiary or Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox is a subsidiary of News Corporation. Good luck at getting to any real contacts to complain about this.
    Well I did find a petition someone started to halt the remake.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/RHremake/petition.html
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

No way, seriously? Geez, I wish they'd quit remaking films. I also wish they'd stop turning 70's tv series' into movies. Especially the ones that were animated when I was a kid, and are now...crap, I don't know what they are. Crap, that's it. They're crap!

Crap.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    I mean this in the nicest possible way Mach2 because I honestly believe that you could "get it." I'm thinking you're young, by the way, right?

Anyway, rent the DVD, remove the stick from your ass, have a couple of cocktails to lighten up your mood and watch it a few times. If you don't get it then, you never will.

Weeeeelll....there is one more thing that might help...spark up a fat one...and if THAT doesn't do the trick, nothing will--ever.

Why screw with perfection?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Blasphemy. Marilyn Manson...he WISHES.

Precisely! You can't catch lightening in a bottle like that twice. To think he's the next Tim Curry? Like hell! I think Jefe's right ... Manson is known for being grossly self-boasting. Remember, this is the same guy who said 'if the devil existed, he would be afraid of Manson, not the other way around.' Suuuuuuure.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Well I did find a petition someone started to halt the remake.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/RHremake/petition.html
    Thanks Ich! I signed it! I also emailed Sal Piro. He is the prez of the RHPS fan club. You see him on the anniversary edition of RH. I haven't heard back yet. I am hoping he can do something...

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    If anyone on this board goes to the live rocky horror shows you might want to pass along this information/petition and get others to sign it.

Signed it.
    Husband signed it.
    Put the link on my website!!

Thanks for the info.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post

EVER!
    I have to agree with you there. The man has a phenomenal singing voice.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

Typical. No way they can out-do the original. Why try? Stupid.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Sniff, sniff...You are all my people...

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Halogirl...You are young...I Screamed a hemmorage when they remade Willy Wonka. I love Johnny Depp but you can't beat Gene Wilder. RHPS is a sacred institution. It is a classic. It would be like remaking Casablanca with lookalikes...Call me an old fogey but this is breaking my heart...
    As much as I do adore Depp, this was one of his worst decisions. He brought no life to the Wonka role; if anything he sucked life right out of it and came off as weird and bland -- an impossible combo for "The Candy Man." Gene Wilder's portrayal was simply far better, and was endeared to so many hearts for his fab performance.

I knew Depp's version was going to be an "Epic FAIL," as Nessa says, the moment I saw how he dressed for the film .. it was Michael-Jacksonish and uncomfortably weird. He just didn't pull it off.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    My kids love the original Willy Wonka. Depp version, not so much. I am a HUGE Tim Burton fan and I always enjoy his work so I had to watch it. Not as good as Wilder by a long shot...

michael d Guest
    This is great news! Please support this! This will finally kill what's left of that posers career. I'm not sure who MTV is(I'm guessing some sort of satellite or internet movie company), but I hope they invest all they can and then some. Great idea! I'll be looking for it on U-tube.
    Last edited by michael d; 08-03-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    This is great news! Please support this! This will finally kill that posers career. I hope MTV invests all they can and then some. Great idea! Morons
    Im not sure who you are referring to when you say poser. Please clarify.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

My kids love the original Willy Wonka. Depp version, not so much. I am a HUGE Tim Burton fan and I always enjoy his work so I had to watch it. Not as good as Wilder by a long shot...
    Absolutely. There is only one Wonka, and his name is Gene Wilder!

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post

I watched it in 1976. It stunk big time. BTW there is no way I would ever watch even ten seconds of it ever again.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    No disrespect to Scott; and to all of you guys who have strong feelings about this...but I have never seen it.
    I've only seen bits and pieces of it but not enough of it to know what it's about...

Please don't hurt me

michael d Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Im not sure who you are referring to when you say poser. Please clarify.
    My apologies if you are a Marilyn Manson fan. . . but I can't stand him and I don't find anything about him creative or authentic. But that is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    My apologies if you are a Marilyn Manson fan. . . but I can't stand him and I don't find anything about him creative or authentic. But that is my opinion.
    God no! I just wasnt sure if you were referring to Marylin, Johnny Depp or Tim Curry.
    I couldnt care less about Marylin Manson.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Is nothing sacred? Anything Tim curry has ever done never needs to be remade as it is perfect and cannot be made better. The very nerve, someone needs slappin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    Is nothing sacred? Anything Tim curry has ever done never needs to be remade as it is perfect and cannot be made better. The very nerve, someone needs slappin'!
    Well, his first album left alot to be desired.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Ok, I've never heard that so let me rephrase.... Nothing I've ever seen or heard Tim Curry perform sucks. altho, there is a redition of "Baby Love" over on You Tube that I am kinda iffy about.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Clue is still one of my favorites...I will even watch the Wild Thornberries and Jimmy Neutron because of him...

christopherwhaley Guest
    You can't remake this flick, man! That's a travesty! Hollywood makes me so agitated because they wanna remake everydamnthing! Leave that classic film the hell alone! And Manson?

FUCKS NO!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherwhaley View Post
    You can't remake this flick, man! That's a travesty! Hollywood makes me so agitated because they wanna remake everydamnthing! Leave that classic film the hell alone! And Manson?

FUCKS NO!

We loves ya!

Wednesday Guest
    Now it is said that Russell Brand is going to take the lead role instead of Manson.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0552494/

36. 08-18-2008, 06:29 AM

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    I have an idea.

Re-release the ORIGINAL Rocky Horror Picture Show...And let all the talentless hacks they're thinking about throwing into those unmatchable roles WATCH it!

EVER!
    enough said
    a remake would be awful--just pure torture

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Oh my gawd...It just keeps getting worse! I don't know if I can take it anymore...I know that not everyone is a RHPS fan...I happen to be one and I am not offended about anybodys opinion...I just wish they would leave well enough alone...If Richard O'Brien thinks its a bad idea then they should leave it be...It would be like remaking Gone With the Wind...

leeny994 Guest
    i love going to midnight showings of TRHPS
    i bring an umbrella

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    i love going to midnight showings of TRHPS
    i bring an umbrella
    I live in the sticks...I would love to go to one...Soooo jealous!

t would be like remaking Gone With the Wind...
    Shh! Don't give 'em any ideas! (Since they obviously don't have any at the moment.)

Wednesday Guest
    ...It would be like remaking Gone With the Wind...

They have considered doing that one too.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Castellano View Post
    Shh! Don't give 'em any ideas! (Since they obviously don't have any at the moment.)
    How bout Easy Rider? Rebel without a Cause...The list could go on forever...Why mess with the classics...That's why they are called classics...Because nothing can touch them...

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Oh my god I can see it now.
    Jessica Simpson as Janet
    Zac Efron as Brad
    Ashton Kutcher as Rif Raf

Oh stop the pain, stop the torture. Surely Richard O'Brien has more brains than to allow this to happen?
    Apparently he doesn't like it but has no say.
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13310
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Un-bloody-believeable! Wrong, wrong, wrong and again, sooooooooooo WRONG!!!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Oh my gawd...It just keeps getting worse! I don't know if I can take it anymore...I know that not everyone is a RHPS fan...I happen to be one and I am not offended about anybodys opinion...I just wish they would leave well enough alone...If Richard O'Brien thinks its a bad idea then they should leave it be...It would be like remaking Gone With the Wind...
    Agreed!!!!! Why do they mess with the classics??? This is one that can't be recast or remade!!!

Nothing good can come of this.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    All hail Tim Curry...

KarmaKat Guest
    The money they are going to loose alone on this film will be terrible. Let alone the huge amount of annoyed fans around the world. Any actor should turn down a role for fear of Career Suicide.

Sel Guest
    I can't believe that they are going to remake it.

I agree with KarmaKat anyone who takes on the project will see their career end.

As for Richard O Brian. I have seen him on British TV shows hosting and making new pointless shows that are shown late at night. I know this is a very slim possibility but this is not about making money as he maybe a little short in the purse department?? Just a thought. I do not know too much about it.

I just hope that someone with half a brain realises that the only people who will go to watch this are (if Manson accepts) will be the Manson fans who will be too young to get in the cinema in the first place - No offense to Manson fans.

Leave the film alone!!!!!

i confess i dressed as a time warper a time or two.